/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is this permissible.

anonymous
05-31-2008, 09:05 AM
Is it permissble for a girl/girls family to look into a potential husband/his family,and all that jazz for her daughter, WITHOUT the knowledge of the girls WALI.

For eg girl is interested in guy, girl talks to female family members (eg mum, sisters), they talk to others (just people in general) to gather info about the guy/his family, etc WITHOUT the knowledge of the girls WALI.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
06-01-2008, 12:09 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

Islam permits asking about the individual's character and behavior, and looking out for your best interest in general. It doesn't matter who does this or whether anyone objects to it. The fact is that it's allowed.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

anonymous
06-03-2008, 12:07 PM
any1 else :sunny:

------
06-03-2008, 12:13 PM
:salamext:

Can u make it a bit clear?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
06-03-2008, 12:49 PM
basically im wondering if my wali has to know that im 'researching' about him.

i mean obviously im gna tell my wali eventually, but does he have to know that im looking into his background, etc :)

Ayoub
06-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Uh...what's a Wali? :P

AnonymousPoster
06-03-2008, 01:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ayoub
Uh...what's a Wali? :P
Guardian/protector, her rents..

yasin ibn Ahmad
06-04-2008, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Is it permissble for a girl/girls family to look into a potential husband/his family,and all that jazz for her daughter, WITHOUT the knowledge of the girls WALI.

For eg girl is interested in guy, girl talks to female family members (eg mum, sisters), they talk to others (just people in general) to gather info about the guy/his family, etc WITHOUT the knowledge of the girls WALI.
I think you should look up in Islamic books for this kind of knowledge.Or a more practical solution is to look at http://www.questionsonislam.com/
You can ask this site anything about Islamic living.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.