/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how do we perform Shirk-free exorcism?

Nerd
05-31-2008, 01:00 PM
How do we perform a Shirk free Exorcism of a Jinn? Belief in the existence of Jinn is an integral part of the Muslim faith. And it is also believed that Jinns every now and than posses people.

In such cases, some people tend to resort to Black Magic: where other Jinns are called upon to exorcise the Jinn that is possessing the body of the human. It is a widely held belief that isti’aadhah (seeking refuge) with other than Allah is an act of shirk.

Is/are there Islamic-Shirk-free alternative method(s) to exorcise a Jinn?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
05-31-2008, 01:31 PM
:salamext:

What do you mean by exorcise? If you mean expel out of the person's body that the Jinn is possessing, then we do that via reading the Qur'aan.

e.g. Check this video;

WARNING: Not for the faint hearted.

Media Tags are no longer supported

Nerd
05-31-2008, 02:39 PM
Exactly: Expulsion of a Jinn from a human body it is possessing. Are there special verses or chapters in the Quran that need to be recited? in addition are their other Supplications or measures that can be taken?

Mikayeel
05-31-2008, 02:43 PM
^Yep, their are some verses special for this business however i dont know alot of them.

The obvious one is ayat al kursy.

Another one is the athaan, the jihn/shaytaan runs when hearing the athaan

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
05-31-2008, 02:59 PM

There is also a hadith (don't know the reference, sorry), that when the Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam had magic performed on him by someone, he or other people read the last 2 Surahs of the Qur'aan, Surah An-Naas (114) and Surah Falaq (113).

Snowflake
05-31-2008, 03:11 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

lol@ I love him :X

SubhanAllah, the power of Allah's Words! :D

That guy was brave to sit near the possessed man :phew

wa alaikum asalam wr wb

Mikayeel
05-31-2008, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
asalam alaikum wr wb,

lol@ I love him :X

SubhanAllah, the power of Allah's Words! :D

That guy was brave to sit near the possessed man :phew

wa alaikum asalam wr wb
lool, it isnt that scary u no!

I had to hold someone who was possessed! Cuz otherwise that person was going to do some damage.

It looks scary, its less scary when u see it i guess.

Güven
05-31-2008, 03:32 PM
Subhanallah, yeah that guy sat like it was very normal:exhausted

Nerd
05-31-2008, 03:34 PM
Brothers and sisters, Could we focus on gathering, the right halal way of exorcising a Jinn :)

------
05-31-2008, 04:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by raOnar
^Yep, their are some verses special for this business however i dont know alot of them.

The obvious one is ayat al kursy.

Another one is the athaan, the jihn/shaytaan runs when hearing the athaan
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

There is also a hadith (don't know the reference, sorry), that when the Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam had magic performed on him by someone, he or other people read the last 2 Surahs of the Qur'aan, Surah An-Naas (114) and Surah Falaq (113).

^ We have told you. It's up to you whether u want to accept it or not

Nerd
05-31-2008, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

^ We have told you. It's up to you whether u want to accept it or not
I do not reject the suggestions posed here, I do appreciate them: but given the magnitude of physical and mental agony a person suffer when they are possessed by a Jinn.

I would really appreciate it, if someone could tell me If there is a detailed set of protocol to be followed when handling cases of Jinn Possession. IF so what are these procedures, recitations etc

------
05-31-2008, 04:24 PM

^ None of us are scholars on this forum bro, so I doubt you'll get a step by step thing of how to exorcise a Jinn. There are special people for that.

'Abd al-Baari
05-31-2008, 04:33 PM
:sl:

As regards treatment (of one whose body has been entered by the jinn), Ibn Taymiyah said (Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 19/42): “When the jinn attack a person, they should be told of the rulings of Allaah and His Messenger, proof should be established against them, and they should be commanded to do what is good and told not to do what is evil, just as should be done in the case of people, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning)’ [al-Israa’ 17:15].” Then he said: “If the jinn does not leave after being addressed in this manner, then it is permissible to rebuke him, tell him off, threaten him and curse him, as the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did with the Shaytaan when he came with a falling star to throw it in his face, and the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I seek refuge with Allaah from you and I curse you with the curse of Allaah” – three times. (Narrated by al-Bukhaari).We may also seek help against the jinn by remembering Allaah (dhikr) and reciting Qur’aan, especially Aayat al-Kursi. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever recites it will remain under the protection of Allaah and no shaytaan (devil) will be able to approach him until the morning.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari). And al-Mi’wadhatayn (the last two soorahs of the Qur’aan) may also be recited.
IslamQA

:w: :)

P.S Also bro' if you post something in the Learn about Islam section, it is better to wait till it gets approved than to make a thread in the General Section. JazakAllah Khayr :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.