/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Good CD Quality Recorder

Ibn Al Aqwa
05-31-2008, 05:04 PM
Assalamu Alaykum...

Title says it all really, i need a good recorder, that records in perfect quality

(for recording lectures) ...

I could have googled it, but i need a good one, so please dont start googling kids, i need someone who has got one, and they recommend it....

JazakAllaah

Wa 'Alaykum as-Salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
05-31-2008, 05:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Ghurabah
Assalamu Alaykum...

Title says it all really, i need a good recorder, that records in perfect quality

(for recording lectures) ...

I could have googled it, but i need a good one, so please dont start googling kids, i need someone who has got one, and they recommend it....

JazakAllaah

Wa 'Alaykum as-Salaam
Wa Alaykum Salam,

You mean a recorded that you can take with you to the lecture and record the lecture with?

Ibn Al Aqwa
05-31-2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah, something that you can record a lecture with...

im sure i said that..... :-\

Umar001
05-31-2008, 05:28 PM
The key words were in my question:take with you to the lecture. So a portable thing, well, most recorders, for amatuer stuff are good, but what you need is a good mic. And also a simple system for removing background noise, if the mic is not that great, and editing.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Al Aqwa
05-31-2008, 05:40 PM
ohh, you should have put that bit in italic, then in brackets put a tafseer....

lol sorry...

Yeah i get you, Backsound is a pain in the...

thing is, i just need someone to get me a good one...

Umar001
05-31-2008, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Ghurabah
ohh, you should have put that bit in italic, then in brackets put a tafseer....

lol sorry...

Yeah i get you, Backsound is a pain in the...

thing is, i just need someone to get me a good one...
If it is something just for like non profit stuff, i.e. something in your house that you do, not an expensive thing.

Then I'd recomend, now, Im not that great at this technical stuff, but before Islam I used to use it for things, get something like Cool Edit Pro, I got Cool Edit Pro 2, you can get a mic from Argos for about 14 quid, and get something which can store the recording, mp3, which has a mic socket. Then you can try get like the foam type of thing which will go round the mic, should stop the pop sounds when recording and ask the lecturer to speak into the mic or place the mic not too far from him.

The better the quality of the recording, the less editing and silencing you have to do at home on the pc. So its upto you, for example, I record from a tape players speakers into my mic, put the speakers real loud, so that then I can reduce the background noise to the point that if I reduce it to none, the recording will sound ok, cos it was loud to begin with.

P.S. I even recorded a recitation from youtube on my handsfree mic, and then put it onto pc, reduced the background noise and now it is pretty clear.

Ibn Al Aqwa
05-31-2008, 10:39 PM
could you PM me that recitation? i want to see how clear, if your cmfortable with that,

JazakAllaah Khayr for you input, interesting idea..., you seem to know what your talking about masha'Allaah

Wa 'Alayk as-Salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.