/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim Bridal Shower Gift

AnonymousPoster
06-02-2008, 09:46 PM
My muslim friend is getting married and her sister decided to throw her a bridal shower. Does anyone have any good ideas of gifts to get her? I already purchased a silk square scarf for her...Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lonely Gal
06-03-2008, 07:33 AM
An engraved photo frame/album??

------
06-03-2008, 08:14 AM
:salamext:

Excuse my ignorance, what is a bridal shower?

format_quote Originally Posted by Lonely Gal
An engraved photo frame/album??
Muslims are not allowed to take photographs :)

Taking pictures for memories

Question: Some people say taking pictures and keeping them at home is haraam, is this true?. Because in N. America and Europe for example we heard every day a missing children and with out their recent picture it is difficult to trace them, so could you explain to me what kind of pictures is haraam and what kind is not haraam, because I like to take pictures from my children just for memory and I keep them at home, am I commiting a sin, please specify for me and give me some daliil.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

The basic principle concerning making pictures of any animate being, whether it is a human or any animal, is that it is haraam, whether the pictures are three-dimensional or are drawn on paper, cloth or walls, etc., or are photographs (taken with a camera), because of the reports in the saheeh ahaadeeth which state that that is not allowed, and threaten the one who does that with a painful torment, and because they may lead to shirk in the form of standing respectfully before them, humbling oneself before them, drawing close to them and venerating them in a manner that is only befitting for Allaah. They are also forbidden because this is a kind of trying to match the creation of Allaah, and because of the temptation inherent in some of them, such as pictures of actresses and naked women, and so-called beauty queens.

Among the ahaadeeth which state that this is haraam and that it is a major sin is the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him), who said, “I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: ‘Whoever makes an image in this world will be told to breathe the soul into it on the Day of Resurrection, and he will never be able to do that.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim). He [Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him)] also narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every image-maker will be in the Fire, and every image that he made will be made to appear to him and will torment him in Hell.” Ibn ‘Abbaas said: “If you must do that, then make trees and things that have no soul.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim). The general meaning of the ahaadeeth is that it is absolutely forbidden to make images of anything that has a soul.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 1/456-457

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said, when he was asked about pictures: making pictures for this purpose is haraam and is not permitted. That is because making pictures for memories is haraam, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “The angels do not enter any house in which there is an image,” (narrated by al-Bukhaari, Bid’ al-Khalq, 2986), and whatever the angels do not enter had no goodness in it.

Fataawa Manaar al-Islam, 3/759

Source

------
06-03-2008, 08:28 AM

Never mind...found out.

"A bridal shower is a gift giving party given for a bride before her wedding."

Erm you can give her things for the house inshaaAllaah? E.g. a kettle/toaster/sandwich maker set? Or a set of new plates, etc.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Zaara
06-03-2008, 08:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

There is an difference of opinion on this matter. :)

You can give her like an giftcard for an relaxing day at the spa or for something else, or an spa-set? Or helpful cookbooks or any other kind of book.. Make-up? Some nice perfume? Or personalized pillowcases/blankets/mugs? Chocolate and other kinds of sweets wrapped up nicely? Or jewellery?

Or..

My Prince Charming Mini Frog

Attachment 3355

------
06-03-2008, 08:54 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
There is an difference of opinion on this matter. :)
Can I see the other opinion?

Al-Zaara
06-03-2008, 08:56 AM
I will PM it to you, inshaAllah. Let's not get off topic here. :)

Snowflake
06-03-2008, 09:06 AM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

Firstly, there is no such a thing as a 'muslim bridal shower', meaning it is not a prerequisite for a muslim wedding. However, it isn't haram, but sisters please bear in mind that when inviting others to such parties, some may be struggling financially to give gifts, especially when they have to do it again on the wedding day. In the past myself and a few friends, one being a widow have struggled to find money to spare for 'parties' - especially when they weren't necessary. Please, forgive me, I don't mean to offend you. I did however want to make this point as sometimes it is not taken into consideration.

However for gifts.. I would say books about 'duties of the Wife/Husband in islam' and on 'raising children' etc. Or perhaps, buying a copy of the Quran? Basically anything that benefits them and yourself inshaAllah. You could go further, and sponser an orphan on their behalf etc.. That would be a lovely gift inshaAllah. :)

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

Tania
06-03-2008, 12:08 PM
A book and inside leave a small amounth of money. She will take the book and will discover the money only when will read it. :) In this way she can buy whatever she wants.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-03-2008, 12:45 PM

I don't think a bride would want a toaster. I advise you to get her something nice for herself.

------
06-03-2008, 12:46 PM

I meant a set where she could use in her new house :-\

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-03-2008, 01:34 PM

I meant a set where she could use in her new house :-\
:wasalamex

Lol, I know what you meant... but that will most likely be bought by her family, the groom or his family. Unless you knew she was in need of those things, ofcourse.

But, actually Muslimah_Sis's idea about the books seem really good. But ask before hand if she has any of those books, as it'd be really awkward if she already had that book.

S_87
06-03-2008, 01:54 PM
well a bridal shower is not a muslim celebration, im sure you know that.. but the type of gifts expected in a bridal shower is stuff like perfumes and ehm can this be moved to the sisters section :?

------
06-03-2008, 01:56 PM

Why?!

muslimah321
06-03-2008, 06:58 PM
I would move this to the sister's section, but I am awaiting approval for the section. Any other gift ideas? Thanks.

S_87
06-03-2008, 09:52 PM
well check your reps sister and how about a nice bag, or gorgeous sandals, if she likes jewellery, some nice jewellery, a kitted out make up bag, anything girly

Khayal
06-04-2008, 04:23 AM
:sl:

Maybe you could give her a gift card/certificate for the shop of her choice, or something.

:w:

crayon
06-04-2008, 07:24 AM
Something personalized? Got any skills? Use them. Whether it's knitting, painting, drawing, or even cooking, something hand made speaks a lot stronger than something store bought. You could even make a card to go along with it..

Or put together a giant pamper basket with lots of little goodies. Nice smelling oils, lotions, perfumes, bath bubbles.. things like that. Wrap it up nicely and it'll be awesome.

Lonely Gal
06-04-2008, 07:28 AM
get a big box and fillit up of sweets n choc... hmmm.. yummy :-)

Tania
06-04-2008, 01:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lonely Gal
get a big box and fillit up of sweets n choc... hmmm.. yummy :-)
for a marriage sweet like the chocolate..i like the idea :) yummy...a cake could be added too

Ayoub
06-04-2008, 02:21 PM
I too would recommend getting something for herself such as a necklace, earrings, etc.

Eeman
07-24-2008, 06:33 PM

Excuse my ignorance, what is a bridal shower?

Taking pictures for memories

Question: Some people say taking pictures and keeping them at home is haraam, is this true?. Because in N. America and Europe for example we heard every day a missing children and with out their recent picture it is difficult to trace them, so could you explain to me what kind of pictures is haraam and what kind is not haraam, because I like to take pictures from my children just for memory and I keep them at home, am I commiting a sin, please specify for me and give me some daliil.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

The basic principle concerning making pictures of any animate being, whether it is a human or any animal, is that it is haraam, whether the pictures are three-dimensional or are drawn on paper, cloth or walls, etc., or are photographs (taken with a camera), because of the reports in the saheeh ahaadeeth which state that that is not allowed, and threaten the one who does that with a painful torment, and because they may lead to shirk in the form of standing respectfully before them, humbling oneself before them, drawing close to them and venerating them in a manner that is only befitting for Allaah. They are also forbidden because this is a kind of trying to match the creation of Allaah, and because of the temptation inherent in some of them, such as pictures of actresses and naked women, and so-called beauty queens.

Among the ahaadeeth which state that this is haraam and that it is a major sin is the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him), who said, “I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: ‘Whoever makes an image in this world will be told to breathe the soul into it on the Day of Resurrection, and he will never be able to do that.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim). He [Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him)] also narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every image-maker will be in the Fire, and every image that he made will be made to appear to him and will torment him in Hell.” Ibn ‘Abbaas said: “If you must do that, then make trees and things that have no soul.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim). The general meaning of the ahaadeeth is that it is absolutely forbidden to make images of anything that has a soul.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 1/456-457

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said, when he was asked about pictures: making pictures for this purpose is haraam and is not permitted. That is because making pictures for memories is haraam, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “The angels do not enter any house in which there is an image,” (narrated by al-Bukhaari, Bid’ al-Khalq, 2986), and whatever the angels do not enter had no goodness in it.

Fataawa Manaar al-Islam, 3/759

Source
salammmm

are there any referencesin the Quran about this?

ZahrasBoutique
12-27-2015, 08:56 AM
Exotic Middle Eastern Bakhoor Gift Set with Bakhoor burner and set of 10 individually wrapped incense sachets.

All wonderfully gift packaged in a safe and secure box.
This is a perfect wedding giveaway idea - unique, classy, unusual and yet affordable and so very different.

Normal orders are 50 or more but we will be glad to provide samples and single piece orders to allow you to check the high quality.

50+ order price per box is US$12 only.

This is made in Dubai and is a high quality product. We ship worldwide.

#muslim #arab #arabic #middleastern #wedding #weddinggift #bakhoorset

hisnameiszzz
12-31-2015, 11:12 AM
Hi,

Isn't a bridal shower very Westernised? I am sure a Christian colleague from work went to a bridal shower and they were all given a list of things the bride/groom wanted and they all picked an item out to buy for them.

Why don't they go the full hog and follow the full concept and send out a list of items they want so the attendees can buy them for them?

Sorry if folk thing I am talking out of turn, but I just don't see the point of copying other customs and traditions. Muslim weddings I have been try too hard to be like Hindus (coconuts bashing, feet washing, yellow powder throwing etc) and Christians (big fancy wedding cakes with the little man and woman on top) and I just don't understand it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.