/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I have a Girlfriend....

anonymous
06-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Hi!

I'm a 16 year old student at high school, I have been in relationship with a girl for 2 years now, we've known each other since primary school.

Lately some muslim bros have come up to me and told me i should break up with her and that its haraam for me to go out with her.

But i think it's okay for me cos we don't do anything wrong, and she's always there when im having bad times. If we did something wrong together that would be another thing, afta ive known her i became a bit more religious and i understand god and morality, before that i was an absolute dopy.

What do u guys have to say on this .....

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
06-03-2008, 04:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Hi!

I'm a 16 year old student at high school, I have been in relationship with a girl for 2 years now, we've known each other since primary school.

Lately some muslim bros have come up to me and told me i should break up with her and that its haraam for me to go out with her.

But i think it's okay for me cos we don't do anything wrong, and she's always there when im having bad times. If we did something wrong together that would be another thing, afta ive known her i became a bit more religious and i understand god and morality, before that i was an absolute dopy.

What do u guys have to say on this .....

:w:
Get married or leave her a relationship may be innocent at first, buh trust it won't always be like that, :thumbs_up leave her while you havn't yet done nutin..And urm its better to learn from ya brothers, glad you've become practicing though. :sl:

Lonely Gal
06-03-2008, 07:30 AM
from the way it sounds, i dont think u can jus up and leave her, if u two are serious maybe u shud consider marraige.. i know ur young but if u really are happy in each others company there is no problem...

Snowflake
06-03-2008, 09:29 AM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

Courtship in Islam

The most common questions I get from young people are, "Do Muslims date?" and "If they don't date, how do they decide whom to marry?"

"Dating" as it is currently practiced in much of the world does not exist among Muslims -- where a young man and woman (or boy/girl) are in a one-on-one intimate relationship, spending time together alone, "getting to know each other" in a very deep way before deciding whether that's the person they will marry. Rather, in Islam pre-marital relationships of any kind between members of the opposite sex is forbidden.

The choice of a marriage partner is one of the most important decisions a person will make in his or her lifetime. It should not be taken lightly, nor left to chance or hormones. It should be taken as seriously as any other major decision in life - with prayer, careful investigation, and family involvement.

So in today's world, how do young people manage? First of all, Muslim youth develop very close friendships with their same-sex peers. This "sisterhood" or "brotherhood" that develops when they are young continues throughout their lives. When a young person decides to get married, the following steps often take place:

Young person makes du'a for Allah to help him or her find the right person

The family enquires, discusses, and suggests candidates. They consult with each other to narrow down potential prospects. Usually the father or mother approaches the other family to suggest a meeting.

Couple agrees to meet in chaperoned, group environment. Umar related that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, "Not one of you should meet a woman alone unless she is accompanied by a relative (mahram)" (Bukhari/Muslim).

The Prophet (peace be upon him) also reportedly said, "Whenever a man is alone with a woman, Satan (Shaytan) is the third among them" (Tirmidhi). When young people are getting to know each other, being alone together is a temptation toward wrongdoing. At all times, Muslims should follow the commands of the Qur'an (24:30-31) to "lower their gaze and guard their modesty...." Islam recognizes that we are human and are given to human weakness, so this rule provides safeguards for our own sake.

Family investigates candidate further - talking with friends, family, Islamic leaders, co-workers, etc. to learn about his or her character.

Couple prays salat-l-istikhara (prayer for guidance) to seek Allah's help in making a decision.

Couple agrees to pursue marriage or part ways. Islam has given this freedom of choice to both young men and women - they cannot be forced into a marriage that they don't want.
This type of focused courtship helps ensure the strength of the marriage, by drawing upon family elders' wisdom and guidance in this important life decision. Family involvement in the choice of a marriage partner helps assure that the choice is based not on romantic notions, but rather on a careful, objective evaluation of the compatibility of the couple. That is why these marriages often prove successful.

http://islam.about.com/blcourtship.htm

wa alaikum asalam wr wb

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
06-03-2008, 09:39 AM
:salamext:

This topic has been discussed plenty of times before. Please see this thread for more information;

http://www.islamicboard.com/fiqh/134...le-female.html

And see these 2 fatwas;

The difference between love and a haraam relationship

Friendship and love between a man and a woman

crayon
06-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Or check out what baba ali has to say about girlfriends/boyfriends..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNlkIxFAlv0

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.