/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Parents in Islam

liono79
06-02-2008, 11:17 PM
Assalaam o laikum brothers, sisters and all.
In the Quran and Hadith what does it say with regards to parents; and what role should their children play in looking after them etc. I want to know as much as possible; roles of sons/daughters whether married or not. Most of my familly members are very disrespectful to my mum especially my sisters. They use foul language, talk behind her back and are very envious of her.

As for my dad he is seperated and has his own familly. Although he doesnt care about us, I still try my best and bring him fruit, meat and money every few weeks as well as calling to his needs whenever he needs me.
He and my mum were divorced many years ago. Non of my brothers and sisters visit him. Im sure this is wrong in Islam.

Could you please give me as much information and examples in Islam so I can pass on this information to them and make them learn and respect both their parents more. I know they wont listen to me so I am thinking of printing this information out and give them copies for them to read.

Wassalaam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.