/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is piercing haram..???

AnonymousPoster
06-03-2008, 03:37 PM
i wanna pierce my nose dis summer..but sum say its haram and derz others dat say is ntt.i think it isnt i hav seen many who has it..i jus hpe ppl wont think wrong bout me o judge me wrong.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
06-05-2008, 08:20 AM
:salamext:

Shaykh Muhammad al-Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about piercing a girls’ nose or ear for the sake of beautification.

He replied:

The correct view is that there is nothing wrong with piercing the ear, because one of the aims that is achieved by that is wearing permissible jewellery. It is known that the women of the Sahaabah had earrings that they wore in their ears. The pain is light, and if the piercing is done when the girl is small, it heals quickly.

With regard to piercing the nose, I do not remember that the scholars said anything about it, but it is a kind of mutilation and deforming of the appearance as we see it, but perhaps others do not see it that way. If a woman is in a country where putting jewellery in the nose is seen as a kind of adornment and beautification, there is nothing wrong with piercing the nose.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (11/ question no. 69).

Source

H4RUN
06-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Hmmm what about eye brow piercing?...now that could be a tad painful if it got caught if you just happen to fall through a tree, isn't that like an everyday occurence eh:p

Aslamualaikum

------
06-05-2008, 08:52 AM

^ I don't think that's allowed, because it comes under unnecessary piercing.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
06-05-2008, 09:03 AM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

If a woman is in a country where putting jewellery in the nose is seen as a kind of adornment and beautification, there is nothing wrong with piercing the nose.
how's that? a muslim woman can't display her adorments or beautify herself for non mahrams :hmm:

wa alaikum asalam wr wb

H4RUN
06-05-2008, 09:03 AM
:sl:
'unnecessary' Can't the same be said for nose and ear piercing though?

------
06-05-2008, 09:10 AM

Brother I'm not a scholar, chek out these links for more information.

Piercing the nose and eyebrows

Is Body Piercing Permissible in Islam?

Ruling on Piercing women's ears

H4RUN
06-05-2008, 09:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

Brother I'm not a scholar, chek out these links for more information.

Piercing the nose and eyebrows

Is Body Piercing Permissible in Islam?

Ruling on Piercing women's ears
:) Sorry, was just a general question, i'll havr to cancel my appointment now:X...i kid i kid lol. I've just got threatened by the librarian to do my work or sling my hook! I'll be back in a jiffy:p
Peace!
walaikumsalam:D

Snowflake
06-05-2008, 09:15 AM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

Most scholars agree that piercing anything besides the earlobe or, possibly, the nose is either haram (forbidden) or makruh (disliked.)

Islam Questions & Answers
www.islam-qa.com
Question Reference Number:: 8409
Title: Piercing the nose and eyebrows

Plus ears are covered by the hijab, but the nose isn't - unless a nikaab is worn. If a woman has her nose pierced already, it's better that she removes her nose-stud/ring when going out..

wa alaikum asalam wr wb

Umar001
06-05-2008, 09:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
asalam alaikum wr wb,

how's that? a muslim woman can't display her adorments or beautify herself for non mahrams :hmm:

wa alaikum asalam wr wb
Wa Alaykum Salam,

Sister having a nose piercing does not mean that you are beautifying yourself to non mahrams if the non mahrams cant see it, i.e. you cover it, niqab.

The original poster should take that into consideration, even if it is allowed, then it most likely may be considered beautification and thus would need to be covered, so, original poster, I hope you wear niqab :) (unless your a brother, and boy that'd be erm, :? )

And Allah knows best.

Souljette
06-05-2008, 10:47 AM
Ye i heard that you can pierce your nose as well as long as you wear niqab because it is a means of beautification

Snowflake
06-05-2008, 01:47 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

^yeh that's what I said...

let me split hairs lol, the piercing it allowed but putting jellewery into it when non mahrams can see is haram :p

p.s. how about getting a clip on one instead? Must be horrible having something in your nostril that can't be cleaned properly. +o(

wa alaikum asalam wr wb

Malaikah
06-05-2008, 01:57 PM
:sl:

Nose piercings are yuk... Sorry, just had to say that. But yeh, I'm uncomfortable with the way many Muslims where the nose piercings in public...

truemuslim
06-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Ew
You'll look like a punk
Why would anyone want to do this anyway?

tetsujin
06-05-2008, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

^ I don't think that's allowed, because it comes under unnecessary piercing.

What's a necessary piercing?

Are they not all for beatification, and fairly shallow reasons?

aminahjaan
06-06-2008, 09:53 AM
My friend wears hijab and she has and wears smalll smalll smallllll noserings

It's tradition mostly for Afghanis and Pakistanis and Indians or Iranians etc;

Niqaab isn't necessary just for a little nose piercing, I mean it's just a piece of jewelry...on your nose? lol like a bracelet or a necklace, if it's a huge hoop I can see a problem
but a small little stud isn't provocative.

Well, I'm not a scholar obviously, this is just my view.

------
06-06-2008, 10:09 AM

I posted the views of scholars on the first page. That should be enough for us, anf we should stop making our own rulings InshaaAllaah.

Snowflake
06-06-2008, 11:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aminahgorilla
My friend wears hijab and she has and wears smalll smalll smallllll noserings

It's tradition mostly for Afghanis and Pakistanis and Indians or Iranians etc;

Niqaab isn't necessary just for a little nose piercing, I mean it's just a piece of jewelry...on your nose? lol like a bracelet or a necklace, if it's a huge hoop I can see a problem
but a small little stud isn't provocative.

Well, I'm not a scholar obviously, this is just my view.
asalam alaikum wr wb,

You can't draw your own conclusions sis. A tiny stud nose is VERY appealing to some men. A sis I know wears a small nose ring, with tiny diamonds on it. Trust me it's not a 'modest' look. :hmm:

There is no practical need for nose jewellery. It's purely for self-adornment - which in all forms is forbidden in front of non mahrams. *sighs*

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

dream gurl
06-06-2008, 04:22 PM
well...i wnna do piercing for my ownself but at da same time older women will mostly likely look down at me 'sigh'

tetsujin
06-08-2008, 03:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dream gurl
well...i wnna do piercing for my ownself but at da same time older women will mostly likely look down at me 'sigh'
Can someone help me understand why an ear piercing is allowed? What practical purpose does any piercing serve?

All the best wishes,

Faysal

Malaikah
06-08-2008, 07:12 AM
Ear piercings look nice. End of story.

BlackMamba
06-08-2008, 07:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tetsujin
Can someone help me understand why an ear piercing is allowed? What practical purpose does any piercing serve?

All the best wishes,

Faysal
Dude has a point. Whats the difference between a nose and ear pierce?

aminahjaan
06-08-2008, 07:45 AM
^
Because, you cover your ears so no one can see your ears
but it's not compulsory to cover your face which exposes your nose.
Apparently, and disgustingly
it attracts people.?

Cabdullahi
06-08-2008, 07:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aminahgorilla
^
Because, you cover your ears so no one can see your ears
but it's not compulsory to cover your face which exposes your nose.
Apparently, and disgustingly
it attracts people.?
nose piercings are mashallah some what beautiful

Malaikah
06-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Yeh, nothing nicer than sticking a piece of metal in one of the yuckiest and most bacteria infested parts of your body...:blind:

aminahjaan
06-08-2008, 08:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
Yeh, nothing nicer than sticking a piece of metal in one of the yuckiest and most bacteria infested parts of your body...:blind:
well when you put it THAT waaaaaaaaaaaaaay haha, I don't even WANT a nose piercing. My friends just tryna talk me into it.

Umm Yoosuf
06-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaah,

Question answered. Case closed.

Wasalaam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.