i try and practise my religion to my utmost

but my duas are not answered

what is the point of this life

might as well have not existed

:'(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
06-05-2008, 11:47 AM
I feel for you, anonymous. I am sure there are times when all of us have felt or feel like you do right now.

It is part of our human thinking that when we do right we deserve to be rewarded.

But in real life it isn't always so ... :(
Bad things happen to good people, and good things happen to bad people - whether we like it or not!

Being religious isn't a magic wand.
It doesn't mean that we get everything we want, or that God fulfills all our wishes and prayers ...

Following God means that we believe and trust that he does hear our prayers, even if he doesn't always answer them.
It also means that we believe and trust that God will reward us justly - if not in this life, then in the next!

Having said all that, I pray that God will reveal himself powerfully in your life, and that you will know his presence! :statisfie

Peace

Lonely Gal
06-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Olives are pressed for oil
Fruits are squeezed for juice
Flowers are crushed for perfume
So if U feel pressured -its Just Allah's way of getting the best out of u!

Lonely Gal
06-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Dua's will be answered when they are meant to be. I think where we struggle is expecting the duas to be answered quickly but sometimes they take alot longer.. Do u have anyone to talk to about whats happening? I pray things get better for u, cos I know the feeling of hating the way things are and have little hope in seeing things will be any different..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noorahmad
06-05-2008, 11:59 AM
maybe its just a test, Allah is doing with u...
have patience
Allahumma Rahmataka arju fala takilni ila nafsi tarfata 'ainin, wa aslih li sha'ni kullahu, la ilaha illa Anta.
Oh Allah, i hope for your mercy. Do not tire me of me even for a moment. place all my affair in order. there is no God but you.(Abu dawud 4/324

anonymous
06-05-2008, 12:08 PM
as the title says, am tired and have lost all hope
hmmm...try doing things a different way. maybe from a different perspective :)

i hate this life
was it meant to be loved? i mean life? do u expet for it to go all easy and smooth sailing, who told you it was meant to be. what gives you that impression?

alhamduliaah! keep going inshallah. :) this world will pass before we know it

just because something bad happens to you, dosnt give one the lisence to give up and sit and do nothing. :)

says who? maybe you dont realise your own worth. im sure ur worth your weight in gold. dont sell urself short. :)

may allah make it easy for you. cheer up inshallah:)

Woodrow
06-05-2008, 12:27 PM
As odd as it may seem, often we humans do not even know what our own Du'as are.

Quite often what we see as nothing, is the genuine answer we need for our du'as.

Remember, the answer for our du'as may not be what we think we need, it will be what we actually need, not always what we want.

I spent much of my life not knowing what I truly needed and wanted. Without knowing what my du'as actually where until after they were answered.

It took nearly 70 years for what my du'as really were, to be answered.

Now that they have been answered, the time waiting was very insignificant and I know I needed that time to prepare to understand and appreciate the answer I was given. It was worth that short time and 60+ years is a very short time to wait for something of great value.

Snowflake
06-05-2008, 01:54 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

Looking back, I am glad many of my duaas weren't answered. Cuz they were simply ridiculous and only seemed right for that time. I now realise that when Allah doesn't answer our duaas it's because He knows what is best for us.

A lot of people make dua to die when they are depressed. If Allah answered all our duaas people would be dropping dead like flies.

Please believe me when I say this phase you're going through won't last forever. We have to have sabr and be patient and in that Allah will help us inshaAllah. Also accept that nothing happens without Allah's will. So if you are going through a bad time then it could be the making of you. Gold has to be melted and diamonds chipped at to make them beautiful. InshaAllah you will emerge a better and stronger person at the end of it.

My duaas are with you inshaAllah.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

Mysterious Uk
06-05-2008, 02:00 PM
I whole heartedly agree with Woodrow.

Sometimes u might not know when your prayers have been answered because what you hope for does not happen. Prayers are not black or white. u might hope for something, but the total opposite happens; which in turn is probably for the better. For example i have an uncle who has been very poorly, my family and I all prayed a lot for him but he died. Yes it seems our prayers have not been answered, but i thought about it and realised if he was still alive now he would be in constant pain.

Don't say you might as well not have existed :cry: I don't know why you are feeling so bad but don't give up. Keep praying and inshallah ur problems will be gone.

Eric H
06-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Greetings and peace be with you anonymous; I think there has been some wonderful advice already.

We pray in our way; and Allah answers in his way

I asked for Strength.........
And Allah gave me Difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for Wisdom.........
And Allah gave me Problems to solve.
I asked for Prosperity.........
And Allah gave me Brain and Brawn to work.
I asked for Courage.........
And Allah gave me Danger to overcome.
I asked for Love.........
And Allah gave me Troubled people to help.
I asked for Favours.........
And Allah gave me Opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed
My Prayer has been answered.

In the spirit of searching for God.

Eric

muslim1
06-13-2008, 11:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
salam

as the title says, am tired and have lost all hope

i hate this life

but my duas are not answered

:'(

Hows u now?

Aurora
06-15-2008, 10:22 PM
I would advise you to see your doctor. Perhaps you are suffering from depression, in which case what you are feeling is not your fault and can be treated.

anonymous
06-16-2008, 09:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim1
Hows u now?
i feel muchhhhhh better jazakallah for all advices:thumbs_up

Umm Yoosuf
06-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatuh,

Down load this excellent and short talk on the explanation of the Du'a you read when you feel low, stressed, depressed, etc

Explanation of the Du'aa to alleviate Grief, Distress and Anxiety

By Abu 'Abdullaah Hasan as-Sumaalee

A talk based on the hadeeth discussing the cure for anxiety and grief...

http://www.troid.org/ibaadah/du-aa/e...d-anxiety.html

Review:

Imam Ahmed, Musnad (1/391), and others reported upon the authority of Ibn Mas’ood that the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alahi wa sallam) said: “No slave is afflicted with anxiety and grief, and then says:

‘O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your male slave, son of Your female slave. My forehead is in Your hand. Your judgement upon me is assured and whatever you have decreed for me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You which You have named Yourself with, revealed in Your Book, taught one of Your creation or which You have preserved in the knowledge of the Unseen with You that You make the Qur’aan the spring of my heart and the light of my chest, a banisher
for my grief and a reliever for my anxiety.’

Except that Allaah will replace his distress and grief with joy.”

He was asked, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, should we not learn it?’ He said, “Ofcourse, whoever hears it should learn it.”

Authenticated by Shaykh Albaani in ‘as-Silsilatul Ahadeeth as-Saheehah (1/198)’ with a slightly different wording. And this wording was delcared hasan (sound) by Shaykh Ali in his checking of ‘Fawaa’id al-Fawaa’id pg. 49.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.