/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ok serious question/concern

limitless
06-05-2008, 07:45 PM
:sl:

So I wanted to get some real good responses from my old best forum place :).

I have been told by some person a brother, that it is permissible and allowed that a non-mahram can look at his potential wife naked, in bikini and her legs to see if hes attracted or not. He uses the ahadith on which prophet pbuh, said you can look at your potential wife/husband prior to marriage. Now he had used names of scholars and imaams that furtherly elaborate on this stating yes it is okay for a man to look at non-mahram women for "marriage" naked, in bikini or the legs basically.

I felt offended, insulted. and I disagree with them all. Because as I read in Islam theres dignity, modesty and respect for women. Also, it is stated in Qur'an and how good qualified scholars have said that muslim women should be covered to non-mahraam even for marriage only face and hands are permitted this is not from one source .

So he and many others said my arguments are weak and im lost and dont know. Also, some sis said, that theres a book , and author of that book takes into account of all interpetations and "strong opinions" of "scholars" and elaborates on that brothers idea of looking at her legs and her whole body basically for marriaage.

So , i am in dilemma here. If Islam does allow that, well then I regret my decision upon of my reversion to such a faith where theres no dignity for women and absolutely no modesty at all tolerated.

Can you kindly assist me on this and thanks :).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
06-06-2008, 12:12 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

I have been told by some person a brother, that it is permissible and allowed that a non-mahram can look at his potential wife naked, in bikini and her legs to see if hes attracted or not.
Let me bash him over the head plz. What nonsense! And you're in the danger of falling for it too!

A man cannot even look at the hair of a potential wife, let alone her legs. She is only allowed to remove her nikaab is she wears it, since there can be no attraction if the man doesn't like her face - no matter if she's got legs like Naomi Campbell!

Even without reference to hadith, simple logic is enough to understand the truth. If that was allowed a man could use it as an excuse to see a woman he has no desire to marry. And also, a sister may have many potential husbands, so how many men would see her naked before she weds one. Please think about it before you associate such things to Islam.

The rulings on guarding one's modesty are clear and cannot be compromised at any time, place, event.

“Tell the believing men to lower their gaze and be modest. That is purer for them. Lo! Allah is aware of what they do.” (Quran 24:30)

“And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest, and to display of their adornment only that which is apparent, and to draw their veils over their bosoms…” (Quran 24:31)

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

S_87
06-06-2008, 12:41 PM
nowhere in the hadith does it say you can look at your potential wife naked! or anywhere close!
When a woman went to Muhammed :arabic5: with intention of marriage, how did she go? she went with her face uncovered
there is difference of opinion of whether the hair can be seen, but generally speaking there is not ruling or justification that a woman can go naked or even near naked infront of a potential husband

limitless
06-06-2008, 08:30 PM
I know sister!! Exactly I agree with you on that. I won't go into details, specifically which particular muslim scholars "strongly declear" its okay for a man to look at muslim women non-mahram without even asking her. Thats like doingthis, you see a covered women and the men just rape her. I was so offended and provided more than one source to back up my argument, but in the end I was told my "argument is extremely weak and not true at all." then a sister said that a particular book focuses on this and says what that brother was saying =|. I was furious, but kept my anger controlled. Thanks you guys :D!!

I lovee this site so much =) Always .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DaNgErOuS MiNdS
06-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Thats just plain stupid, what would be the point of hijaab If someone could if someone could just look at glamour shots of you. that rule would basically break so many rules of Islam.

snakelegs
06-06-2008, 09:11 PM
i'm a non-muslim, but even i know that that is sheer nonesense!

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
06-06-2008, 09:13 PM
^hahahahah that was funny man ;D

Umar001
06-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Maybe someone should bring weight to their reply with providing a fatwa from a scholar?

north_malaysian
06-06-2008, 11:23 PM
what kind of woman that would stand naked in front of a man!:blind:

ozdload
06-06-2008, 11:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Many millions perhaps billions do this daily and without sin.

Intisar
06-07-2008, 12:00 AM
:salamext: This is very much a cultural belief and not a belief that complies with Islaamic sharee'ah. I can't really find the fatwaa, inshaaAllaah someone else can/will, where Shaykh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid states that unless the couple is married to one another they are still strangers to one another so therefore the fiancee or whatever you wanna call him, can only see that which is apparent. :)

snakelegs
06-07-2008, 01:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
sounds like a butcher shop....

Malaikah
06-07-2008, 02:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ozdload
Yep, they are called husband and wife.:thumbs_up

Anyway, I have heard of a difference of opinion about whether a woman can uncover her hair but as for what these boys are claiming, I would like to know exact where they got this information from.

BlackMamba
06-07-2008, 02:14 AM
Okay I agree that this is totally haram to look at a potential wife in no clothes. I'm still fairly young and shouldnt have to worry about marriage for maybe another 5 years, but just out of curiosity, How will the husband know how the wife looks? lol I mean theres no dating, theres no looking, and ur supposed to marry her? Thats really hard to do isnt it. You can marry someone and not even know how her hair looks. So is there any other way to do it Islamically?

Malaikah
06-07-2008, 04:04 AM
So you are going to not marry a women because her hair is the wrong shade of brown or because it is a little bit too curly for your liking? :?

Honestly, what difference does it make what her hair looks like, hair can be coloured, it can be straightened and curled, it can be cut to make it shorter. In other words, it changes.

Trust me, a marriage is not defined by what a persons hair looks like! And anyway, you can see her face, isn't that enough?

north_malaysian
06-07-2008, 04:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ozdload

ok..."what kind of an unmarried woman standing naked in front of an unmarried man?"

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
06-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Ok, I dont want to go off topic but is it possible for hair to totally change the look of a woman?

Snowflake
06-07-2008, 09:23 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

^yeh, hair frames the face and a style that suits the face can do wonders for a woman's looks.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.