/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Terrorist - but what is his religion?!?!????

S1aveofA11ah
06-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Asalaamualaikum,

Recent news of a racisit who ran a long and well-planned terror campaign of hate mail including a fake bomb was typical of the mass-media of today. Absolutley no mention of his religion in any of the news reports I checked out.

However, if it was ANY Muslim doing anything like this the word ISLAM would be pasted all over the article with oxymoronic wording such as 'Islamic Terrorist' or 'Islamic Fanatic' and not 'Muslim Terrorist/Fanatic' as it should correctly be stated. No wonder the world is upside down.

I heard a statistic saying that something like 85% of all media reporting about Islam is in a negative light even though it is stated by leaders of countries that most Muslims do not follow the path of terrorism and are peaceful folk who contribute good to their various countries be it East or West. No wonder it is one of the most misunderstood religions.

Bad breeding bad and propaganda/brainwashing to the max!.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/Fan...ate.4156705.jp

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Trumble
06-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Was his religion at all relevant to his crimes?

To demonstrate bias in the UK media you would need to provide evidence of terrorism cases where the terrorists happened to be muslim, that fact was trumpeted by the media, but it had no relevance whatsoever to their crimes. Can you?

AhlaamBella
06-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Even if a muslim didn't relate religion to their crime.... his deen would still be mentioned

Fishman
06-08-2008, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RoseGold
Even if a muslim didn't relate religion to their crime.... his deen would still be mentioned
:sl:
Beltway sniper attacks...
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Amadeus85
06-08-2008, 08:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Beltway sniper attacks...
You mean that black guy who shoot to people in USA petrol stations few years ago?

KAding
06-09-2008, 11:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by S1aveofA11ah
Asalaamualaikum,

Recent news of a racisit who ran a long and well-planned terror campaign of hate mail including a fake bomb was typical of the mass-media of today. Absolutley no mention of his religion in any of the news reports I checked out.

However, if it was ANY Muslim doing anything like this the word ISLAM would be pasted all over the article with oxymoronic wording such as 'Islamic Terrorist' or 'Islamic Fanatic' and not 'Muslim Terrorist/Fanatic' as it should correctly be stated. No wonder the world is upside down.

I heard a statistic saying that something like 85% of all media reporting about Islam is in a negative light even though it is stated by leaders of countries that most Muslims do not follow the path of terrorism and are peaceful folk who contribute good to their various countries be it East or West. No wonder it is one of the most misunderstood religions.

If the perpetrator justifies his terrorists acts by citing his religion or if he is motivated by his religion then it is religious terrorism. If he does not, it can't be described as religious terrorism IMHO. For example, the PKK aren't Islamic terrorists. The PLO were also never historically described as Islamic terrorists, despite being Muslims.

The religion is only relevant if the perpetrator thinks it is relevant IMHO.

Fishman
06-09-2008, 11:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
You mean that black guy who shoot to people in USA petrol stations few years ago?
Yeah, everybody was speculating about him being some kind of 9/11-style terrorist because he was a Muslim, when he was really more of a black nationalist.

There was also a plane crash of an Egyptian plane. Because the pilots read Islamic prayers before they were killed, everybody was like 'ZOMG terrists!!!111!!!!!111111oneone! OMG ZOMG!!!'.

crayon
06-09-2008, 12:51 PM
There was also a plane crash of an Egyptian plane. Because the pilots read Islamic prayers before they were killed, everybody was like 'ZOMG terrists!!!111!!!!!111111oneone! OMG ZOMG!!!'.
Argh, I know!! I actually didn't even know about this until a few days ago, when I watched a doc. about it on TV! They were digging up all kinds of stuff about him and just trying to find a way to stick it to his being a muslim, or his crashing the plane on purpose. His daughter was sick, he was going to be fired for harassing women at a hotel, he was depressed, he said "Tawakaltu Ala Allah" (I place my trust in Allah) ELEVEN TIMES (omg 11 no wai! it must be a "special" number or something). People can be such morons sometimes.

Izyan
06-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Yeah, everybody was speculating about him being some kind of 9/11-style terrorist because he was a Muslim, when he was really more of a black nationalist.

Actually most of the people I knew was betting on a white redneck because of the type of weapon they were using. We were shocked to see 2 black people because normally they don't go on planned killing sprees.

Izyan
06-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Asalaamualaikum,

Actually if you read the independent, the guadrian, the ny times, and so on they never mention the religion of the person. They release the name and nationality that's it.

S1aveofA11ah
06-09-2008, 04:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
If the perpetrator justifies his terrorists acts on his religion or is motivated by his religion then it is religious terrorism. If he does not, it can't be described as religious terrorism IMHO. For example, the PKK aren't Islamic terrorists. The PLO were also never historically described as Islamic terrorists.

The religion is only relevant if the perpetrator thinks it is relevant IMHO.
There is no such thing as an Islamic Terrorist. This is an oxymoron and is a known attempt to cause and spread hatred. Maybe you don't know - if not have a read of this for please: http://calltoislam.com/pdf/Nomenclat...20Iftikhar.pdf.

AvarAllahNoor
06-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Well usually when a bomber strikes he has a cause. IRA -Ireland. Tamils. -Sri Lanka etc etc

When these people strike they CLAIM it's for Islam. What are they supposed to say in the media? ''Oh he claims he's doing it for Islam, but he's not really'' or 'The Tamils claim they are doing it for Independence, but they're not''

AvarAllahNoor
06-09-2008, 04:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Izyan
2 black people because normally they don't go on planned killing sprees.
You've never been in the ghetto then blud innit!

Izyan
06-09-2008, 05:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
You've never been in the ghetto then blud innit!
I've been to the Ghettos of Detroit and Chicago quite often. When black people go on killing sprees it's out of emotion not calculation. Don't get me wrong you do get calculated hits but it's normally target at getting one person not to cause mass damage or to intimidate a community.

Whatsthepoint
06-09-2008, 05:52 PM
There is no such thing as an Islamic Terrorist. This is an oxymoron and is a known attempt to cause and spread hatred. Maybe you don't know - if not have a read of this for please: http://calltoislam.com/pdf/Nomenclat...20Iftikhar.pdf.
So islamic science is ok and islamic terrorism is not?

S1aveofA11ah
06-09-2008, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Islamic Science such as 'The science of Hadith' = YES (OK)
Islamic Terrorism = NO (NOT OK)

Whatsthepoint
06-09-2008, 07:42 PM
All the science developed in the muslim world is called islamic science by some.

Goku
06-09-2008, 07:57 PM
A Brazilian going on the rampage on UK streets to try and get foreign nationals out....I doubt he was smart enough to consider the irony in that.

At least the article mentioned he was a far right fanatic.

But I see the point of the original post, if he was a Muslim then his religion would've been mentioned, despite the fact the is not motiviated by religious reasons.

Case in point with Nick Reily, the media continues to hammer "Muslim Convert" in every single article they write about him, despite the fact that police havent even established a motive for his actions yet.

S1aveofA11ah
06-09-2008, 08:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Goku
A Brazilian going on the rampage on UK streets to try and get foreign nationals out....I doubt he was smart enough to consider the irony in that.

At least the article mentioned he was a far right fanatic.

But I see the point of the original post, if he was a Muslim then his religion would've been mentioned, despite the fact the is not motiviated by religious reasons.

Case in point with Nick Reily, the media continues to hammer "Muslim Convert" in every single article they write about him, despite the fact that police havent even established a motive for his actions yet.
If we take religion to mean 'a way of life' then everyone has a religion. Even someone who says they denounce all religions could be descrbied as 'religiously unreligious'. However, this man could have been following many ways of life e.g. Atheism. Its just more shame in the face of the blatant media campaign against Islam.

S1aveofA11ah
06-09-2008, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Well usually when a bomber strikes he has a cause. IRA -Ireland. Tamils. -Sri Lanka etc etc

When these people strike they CLAIM it's for Islam. What are they supposed to say in the media? ''Oh he claims he's doing it for Islam, but he's not really'' or 'The Tamils claim they are doing it for Independence, but they're not''
Thats exactly what the media should do otherwise you are blatantly promoting the media to lie. You said yourseld these people CLAIM its for/from Islam and it is not. However the media use forms of wording like "Islamic terrorism" or "Islamic Terrorists" which confuses people easily. Further, like I said its an oxymoron.

They should use phrases like "done falsly in the name of Islam" or "done against the teachings of Islam" etc.

Ayoub
06-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Basically nowadays I think any crime committed in the west by a MUSLIM, no matter how unrelated to religion, gets the label ISLAMIST on it. Robbing a bank? If any other person did it, the headlines would be: MAN ROBS BANK. Now if a Muslim robbed a bank? Newspaper headlines: MUSLIM MAN ROBS BANK.

Suomipoika
06-10-2008, 12:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ayoub
Basically nowadays I think any crime committed in the west by a MUSLIM, no matter how unrelated to religion, gets the label ISLAMIST on it. Robbing a bank? If any other person did it, the headlines would be: MAN ROBS BANK. Now if a Muslim robbed a bank? Newspaper headlines: MUSLIM MAN ROBS BANK.
There is thousands of news papers and media outlets in the "west". Ofcourse there will be racist or just plain ignorant papers. How everything gets branded the same so easily is rather ironic considering what the original complaint is about. Can you even find ten papers with such headline? Since you said about any crime, then what about other crimes? Like burglars? Can you find ten papers with headline muslim bulglar? About car thieves? How many papers is enough to condemn all the "western" media?

They should use phrases like "done falsly in the name of Islam" or "done against the teachings of Islam" etc.
Now our media should be experts of Islam. Not only that, they should be the judges of what is done falsely in the name of Islam. Problem is there is over billion muslims, and to me, despite the claims of several muslims, there is not one uniform Islam. We can start with the shia - sunni divide. Ofcourse its not only that, sunnis themselves seem to have all sorts of little differences in their believes depending on person. Niqab or just Hijab? Hanafi or Maliki? What exactly is the true Islam? Im not really looking for answers, because, I already know they will depend on what the muslim who answers believes in.

The situation will never be such that people chant religious lines and kill in the name of Islam and we just ignore the "in the name of Islam" part. If you have a problem with the so called self-proclaimed muslims who kill in the name of Islam and who tell us they follow the true Islam, then take it up to them, dont blame the messenger, the media.

---

All in all, this thread seems to be the usual "us muslims being victims of the evil west" mentality. Its getting old, really old. Im tired of us westeners always getting the blame, even if we just tell in the news what muslims have done. We are always the imperialistic fornicating prostitute media controlling propaganda mastering kuffar dogs who want to cheat on their spouses, no matter what. (Hey look! I can play the victim card too and even over generalised little, wohoo!)

truemuslim
06-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Some guy here crashed a plane and killed a bunch of people along with him, so he commited suicide and homocide, is he considered a terrorist?

According to the news , NO, he was a 'poor white old man , who had problems'
psh. if that was an arab/muslim, they wouldnt say that, they would just say he is a terrorist no matter what.

:raging:
Terrorist - a person who terrorizes or frightens others.
Terrorist- a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism

Terror - intense, sharp, overmastering fear
Terror - violence or threats of violence used for intimidation or coercion; terrorism.

Terrorism - the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes.
Terrorism - the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/terrorism
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/terror
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/terrorist

Learn yo definitions yo!

AhlaamBella
06-10-2008, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *SAFA*
Some guy here crashed a plane and killed a bunch of people along with him, so he commited suicide and homocide, is he considered a terrorist?

According to the news , NO, he was a 'poor white old man , who had problems'
psh. if that was an arab/muslim, they wouldnt say that, they would just say he is a terrorist no matter what.

:raging:
Terrorist - a person who terrorizes or frightens others. Terrorist- a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism

Terror - intense, sharp, overmastering fear
Terror - violence or threats of violence used for intimidation or coercion; terrorism.

Terrorism - the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes.
Terrorism - the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/terrorism
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/terror
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/terrorist

Learn yo definitions yo!
Great point there sis. I tried using the definition in bold to back up an argument, but the dude dismissed it completely saying I don't know what I'm talking about :mmokay:

EDIT:: Didn't make the definition bold :p

truemuslim
06-10-2008, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RoseGold
Great point there sis. I tried using the definition in bold to back up an argument, but the dude dismissed it completely saying I don't know what I'm talking about :mmokay:

EDIT:: Didn't make the definition bold :p

Aw LOL
its coz they give up when they run out of things to say :raging: lol

Fishman
06-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Neither of those are true oxymorons anyway. An oxymoron is an actual contradiction, those are both just political jokes like the 'millitary intelligence' one. A real oxymoron is something like 'guest host'. I suppose 'Muslim seperatism' would be one, as 'Muslim' means something like 'one who is submitted' and a seperatist is somebody who fights against the ruler and does not submit.

Muezzin
06-11-2008, 01:59 PM
A true oxymoron is 'On-topic LI Thread'.

Calm down, calm down, it wasn't that bad.

S1aveofA11ah
06-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Neither of those are true oxymorons anyway. An oxymoron is an actual contradiction, those are both just political jokes like the 'millitary intelligence' one. A real oxymoron is something like 'guest host'. I suppose 'Muslim seperatism' would be one, as 'Muslim' means something like 'one who is submitted' and a seperatist is somebody who fights against the ruler and does not submit.
I think you are mistaken. "Islamic Terrorism", to me at least, is a clear-cut oxymoron.

Islam in the general sense means peace - from the root "salaama" (hence the greeting 'May Peace be Upon You". Specifically it means to submit to the will of God. How can you have PEACEFUL TERRORISM?. Peace is the opposite of terror. They are mutually exclusive.

Before you reply please read this article: http://calltoislam.com/index.php?opt...=246&Itemid=78

I don't see the definition of oxymoron stating that two exact opposite (in meaning) terms have to be used like : hot cold. Rather the overall use of words has to be nonsensical like : kind cruelty, hot ice-cream and so on.

I think you are the first Muslim I have ever heard say that Islamic Terrorism is NOT an oxymoron. Any others care to comment?.

The_Prince
06-11-2008, 03:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Islamic terrorism means Islam allows it, when it doesnt.

Islamic science, Islam doesnt tell you to be stupid, rather it commands you and makes it obligatory to get knowledge, in Islam, and wordly matters. Hence indeed it can be called Islamic science as theres nothing un-Islamic about most scientific achievments that were done by Muslims.

Allah and the prophet Muhammad said dont kill women and children, people go and do it, how is Islamic? you must be stupid if you still want to connect the 2. Islam says dont kill innocent people, then people go and do it, and you guys still say Islamic? then you say why u Muslims say its not Islamic?

The_Prince
06-11-2008, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Suomipoika

All in all, this thread seems to be the usual "us muslims being victims of the evil west" mentality. Its getting old, really old. Im tired of us westeners always getting the blame, even if we just tell in the news what muslims have done. We are always the imperialistic fornicating prostitute media controlling propaganda mastering kuffar dogs who want to cheat on their spouses, no matter what. (Hey look! I can play the victim card too and even over generalised little, wohoo!)
you act like when Muslims call your people such names its wrong ey? i personally know a western lady who is sleeping with a married man who has kids, shes 23, and hes 43. :) what makes this truly amusing is she actually tries to lecture me sometimes on how us Muslims are uncivilized and need to get with the program. its too funny if you ask me, dont you think so?

as for playing the victims, you Europeans have done a far better job than Muslims will ever do.

everytime you Europeans are in trouble and your society is falling apart, who do you blame? the immigrantsssssssssssssssssssss, those **** blackies and muzzies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes its the immigrants who are forcing your kids to eat like pigs, and drink alcohol like a thirsty horse who drinks water. yes it is the immigrants who are the reason why the next generation of your people are generally not smart and doing very bad in the schools. yessssssss blame the immigrants as usual, the typical European way.

lol ill give you a truly truly truly funny example, the english national football team is bad beyond belief, so who do they blame? the foreign players in the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you Europeans are the most typical people in blaming others for your own shortcommings, and then you wanna act like its a Muslim thing? too funny comming from a European. i bet it was an immigrants fault also that a finnish kid killed 8 other people in school right? yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

tetsujin
06-11-2008, 04:02 PM
I think you are mistaken. "Islamic Terrorism", to me at least, is a clear-cut oxymoron.

Islam in the general sense means peace - from the root "salaama" (hence the greeting 'May Peace be Upon You". Specifically it means to submit to the will of God. How can you have PEACEFUL TERRORISM?. Peace is the opposite of terror. They are mutually exclusive.

Before you reply please read this article: http://calltoislam.com/index.php?opt...=246&Itemid=78

I don't see the definition of oxymoron stating that two exact opposite (in meaning) terms have to be used like : hot cold. Rather the overall use of words has to be nonsensical like : kind cruelty, hot ice-cream and so on.

I think you are the first Muslim I have ever heard say that Islamic Terrorism is NOT an oxymoron. Any others care to comment?.
Then you must first learn what an oxymoron is:

ox·y·mo·ron (ŏk'sē-môr'ŏn', -mōr'-) pronunciation
n., pl. -mo·ra (-môr'ə, -mōr'ə) or -rons.

A rhetorical figure in which incongruous or contradictory terms are combined, as in a deafening silence and a mournful optimist.

http://www.answers.com/oxymoron

It does not make the phrase false, simply denotes that the two terms may be contradictory or incongruous.

I don't know where people have used phrases like kind cruelty, or hot ice cream.

What you are stating is not an oxymoron. A newspaper that states an Islamic school is being built does not mean the school is peaceful, it simply means that there is an educational institution in compliance with Islamic dogma.

Similarly, you can have aggressive and/or violent acts, which are superfluous or excessive, and still have them conform to most religious dogma. Islam is not an exception, and proof of that is readily available.

All the best wishes,

Faysal

Amadeus85
06-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Europe has almost 1500 years and we started to blame immigrants for about 15 years, so you are not correct.

tetsujin
06-11-2008, 04:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
Europe has almost 1500 years and we started to blame immigrants for about 15 years, so you are not correct.
I'm not sure who you are talking to, but every society has at some point blamed immigrants. Unfortunately, almost everyone everywhere is an immigrant at some point.

It doesn't mean immigrants are at fault, and it doesn't mean they are not. There are plenty of immigrants with compatible lifestyles and ideologies than live harmoniously. That's the important part, because people native to the land can adopt the objectionable ideologies too. Hitlers army was, by and large, home grown catholic fundamentalists. The yellow badges were not a Nazi invention, they were adopted from Islamic states that previously ruled over Judaic people. It's not as simple as immigrant and non-immigrant.

All the best wishes,

Faysal

S1aveofA11ah
06-11-2008, 05:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tetsujin
Then you must first learn what an oxymoron is:

ox·y·mo·ron (ŏk'sē-môr'ŏn', -mōr'-) pronunciation
n., pl. -mo·ra (-môr'ə, -mōr'ə) or -rons.

A rhetorical figure in which incongruous or contradictory terms are combined, as in a deafening silence and a mournful optimist.

http://www.answers.com/oxymoron

It does not make the phrase false, simply denotes that the two terms may be contradictory or incongruous.

I don't know where people have used phrases like kind cruelty, or hot ice cream.

What you are stating is not an oxymoron. A newspaper that states an Islamic school is being built does not mean the school is peaceful, it simply means that there is an educational institution in compliance with Islamic dogma.

Similarly, you can have aggressive and/or violent acts, which are superfluous or excessive, and still have them conform to most religious dogma. Islam is not an exception, and proof of that is readily available.

All the best wishes,

Faysal

Look I don't wish to go into a long arguement here with you as I don't have the time - but I have some time to say some truth.

The key word here I think is 'incongruous'. This is the definition at dictionary.com:

in·con·gru·ous Audio Help /ɪnˈkɒŋgruəs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[in-kong-groo-uhs] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective 1. out of keeping or place; inappropriate; unbecoming: an incongruous effect; incongruous behavior.
2. not harmonious in character; inconsonant; lacking harmony of parts: an incongruous mixture of architectural styles.
3. inconsistent: actions that were incongruous with their professed principles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1605–15; < L incongruus inconsistent. See in-3, congruous]

—Related forms
in·con·gru·ous·ly, adverb
in·con·gru·ous·ness, noun

—Synonyms 1. discrepant, unsuitable, ridiculous, ludicrous, absurd. 2. inharmonious, discordant. 3. contrary, contradictory. See inconsistent.
—Antonyms 1. becoming, appropriate. 2. consonant. 3. consistent.

Notice the synonyms :- unsuitable, ridiculous, ludicrous, absurd. Hence my use of the term 'false'.

Look in the same dictionary and you will see “cruel kindness” under the definition of 'oxymoron'. Hot ice cream could not be a more simple oxymoron in my view - how can ice be hot especially when we are talking about a KNOWN food substance which is known to have certain attractive qualities? (e.g. cool when consumed, slightly frozen in normal atmospheric temperatures etc). I'm sure if you bought some expensive ice-cream on a scorching day and were served a boiling hot puddle-lie soup in a plate you would be the first to possibly cry out "Hey, this ain't ice-cream".

Islam, whether YOU like it or not means peace. If you don't like that or don't agree with it thats your problem.

An Islamic school would be a peaceful school AT LEAST IN THE FIRST INSTANCE OF CREATION. An exception might be the Islamic school is build and whilst still empty and not up and running the roof falls down on a builder leaving the site.

However, what happens down the line e.g. if it employs bad Muslims is another story. It is not as you seem to be explaining matters i.e. that it can never be a peaceful school. Furthermore, assuming the school has good Muslims and the school over a period of time will have - like all schools on earth - its ups and downs. However, if the overall outcome of it produces good e.g. good grades, students etc. who go on to be good in life it would be a place of success and hence peace.

Where you say:

"Similarly, you can have aggressive and/or violent acts, which are superfluous or excessive, and still have them conform to most religious dogma. Islam is not an exception, and proof of that is readily available."

then I reply:

It is a CLEARLY known fact that Islam is a religion of moderateness. It is strictly forbidden to go to extremes - either too lax or too harsh - a major prohibition. Even in rules of war there are Islamic guidelines (you could say peaceful guidelines if you like) that state certain do's and don'ts which aim to eliminate excess violence e.g. killing innocent non-combatants.

An aggressive act may be done in self-defence. Violent acts which are superfuous or excessive are AGAINST Islam. There are NO commands which say use EXCESSIVE violence beyond the required amounts.

Take this scenario to help explain:

A man breaks into your house with a gun. He is trying to steal things. He wakens you from sleep and accidently drops the gun which gives you a chance to pick it up.

Now Islam does not say 'BLOW HIS BRAINS OUT' or 'KILL HIM DEAD'. Rather - wisdom is needed. You could aim the gun at him now you have it and threaten him to leave without harming him and call the cops. If he attacks then shoot him in the leg.

It has to be said, you are an Atheist and with all due respect you don't comprehend Islam. If you have a brain tumour your going to go to a brain surgeon or specialist not the local barbers for advice and help. Don't try to tell the Muslims what Islam is when you are not even one unless you are sure about the little bit you know.

I think you need to look up the definition of 'peace' - try dictionary.com it has nearly 20 definitions and one of them is:

"the normal, nonwarring condition of a nation, group of nations, or the world".

Take the 'Islamic school' example which you claim would not be peaceful.
In its first constructed (non-occupied, non-operational) instance would be a peaceful school as it would be a normal condition of the world i.e. a static, non-dangerous building.

May Allah guide you to Islam (Peace)
(ameen).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.