/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it Haram?

aminahjaan
06-06-2008, 09:48 AM
:sl:
I was at the mall today, with my mom
And this girl was at one of those side stores that aren't really stores, they're just booths selling a product.
She was trying to sell my mom this nail product that fixes ridges on your nails and makes your blood circulation healthier, but my mom asked what kind of minerals and stuff were in there.
So the lady told us it was from the dead sea, which of course as you know was the Island of Homosexuals that Allah turned over.
So my mom didn't buy the product even though it worked really well and it made your nails look really nice with these natural minerals or whatever I wasn't paying that much attention to that.

Would it be haram to buy that nail oil thingy because it had some minerals from the dead sea that is helpful to you? My mom said yes, because Allah uses the sea as a reminder and a symbol of what he can do.

I know what my mom was trying to say, but I just wanna know for sure.
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
06-08-2008, 12:18 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

That doesn't make it haram. Haram & halal are determined by the evidence from the Quran and Sunnah.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

Malaikah
06-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Is it even known for sure that the Dead sea is the location of those people?

[and are you sure the nail polish really works?]

IbnAbdulHakim
06-08-2008, 01:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
Is it even known for sure that the Dead sea is the location of those people?

[and are you sure the nail polish really works?]
from my knowledge ukhtee it is verified that the dead sea is the remnants of the people of Lut alaihissalaam.

and we arent scholars ukhtee, i urge you to ask scholars questions such as these...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
06-08-2008, 01:42 PM
:salamext:

This sort of question ought to be asked to a scholar.

By the way, it's not really desperate to buy those, you can live without them, so why not just leave it coz it aint a necessity?

Snowflake
06-08-2008, 02:00 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,
^Yup! And instead use olive oil to massage your nails.

Edit: I forgot to add that if the ridges are vertical then that's probably hereditary or/and a sign of ageing. Horizontol ridges can be a symptom of an underlying health problem esp. if accompanied with colour change in nails.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

Snowflake
06-08-2008, 05:31 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

Q: As-salamu `alaikum. I don't know if you are aware of the toiletries products such as mud packs etc. that are made from dead sea minerals or extracts. They are produced in Jordon and commonly sold around the Arab world including here in the UAE.

However one of my friends told me that it is haram to use it because it was from the dead sea. Can you please tell me if she is right or wrong with evidence please?
Answer Wa `alaykum As-Salamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.

A: In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

The dead sea food is allowed according to the Hadith where the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) was asked about the water of the sea, to which he said: "Its water is pure, and its dead meat is halal."

So, any product produced from the dead sea is not haram. The same applies to anything in the sea like minerals and extracts.
http://www.islamonline.net/livefatwa...GuestID=cqg6vU

wa alaikum aslam wr wb

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.