/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Twix, Milky Way and Celebrations-Haraam

unknown_JJ
06-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Aslaamu alaykum wrt wbk

In the name of Allaah

Metro.co.uk - Monday, January 14, 2008

Chocolate giant Mars faces a second backlash after it was found that three of its most popular products still contain an ingredient from calves' stomachs.

Twix, Milky Way and Celebrations – among the top-selling chocolates in Britain – all contain animal rennet.

'I'm sure there are vegetarians out there eating these products unaware they are unsuitable for vegetarians,' a spokeswoman for the Vegetarian Society said.

But Mars said it had no plans to stop using rennet, which is also used to make cheese.

Eight months ago, the company had to back down amid a storm of 6,000 protests when it started using animal rennet in Mars, Snickers, Maltesers and Galaxy bars.

Despite the U-turn, Mars kept on using it in Celebrations, Twix and Milky Way bars, which had contained the ingredient long before last year's change of recipe.

It insisted it had always been open about what its chocolate contained. A spokesman said: 'At no stage have we claimed that they are suitable for vegetarians, or that they would be.'

But the Vegetarian Society is trying to persuade Mars's parent company, Masterfoods, to make all the bars suitable for non-meat eaters.

The group said Mars was losing customers among 3million British vegetarians.

'We hope Masterfoods will eventually address the use of non-veggie whey,' the spokeswoman added.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article....34&expand=true

Mars Vegetarian Product Suitability List -

http://www.masterfoodsconsumercare.c...eg_prodlst.asp

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S1aveofA11ah
06-06-2008, 10:49 AM
I still today don't know why food companies do not print on every product with it is ok for V's or not. It is baffling as those companies make some of the biggest profits - look at Tesco, Wal-Mart etc. It would not cost them much to change the labels - the addition of a tiny 'V' is all that they need. It would only help them make more money with better understanding for customers. The only conclusion I can come up with is that they are so busy/happy making the huge profits that they do that they can't be bothered. Too busy counting their money?. Anyone's input on this?.

Muezzin
06-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Aww man, what sweets can we eat?

Oh well. At least I'm not vegan.

unknown_JJ
06-06-2008, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S1aveofA11ah
I still today don't know why food companies do not print on every product with it is ok for V's or not. It is baffling as those companies make some of the biggest profits - look at Tesco, Wal-Mart etc. It would not cost them much to change the labels - the addition of a tiny 'V' is all that they need. It would only help them make more money with better understanding for customers. The only conclusion I can come up with is that they are so busy/happy making the huge profits that they do that they can't be bothered. Too busy counting their money?. Anyone's input on this?.
mayb som1 shud tell them to do it?

walkd into sainsburys, jus now dey floodin d place wid halal hariboz lol wel sum thinz r improvin i gues!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truemuslim
06-06-2008, 06:53 PM
NO WAY!
WHy? What next ? Take 5?!
Twix never was THAT good but still !
Milkyway..eh..dont care if its allowed or not

REECES ARE GOOD ( yeh i kno i spelled it wrong)
Kit Kat are good
All dem good stuff...

Jazakallah khair sis for this! :)

*KB*
06-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Assalamualaykum

Jazak'Allah Khairan for that Sister unknown_JJ :)

Aww man, what sweets can we eat?
^^ Brother Muezzin, Cadburys are Suitable for Vegetarians!! :D
I recommend Cadburys Double Choc and Mint Chips :D:D:D:D:D

Assalamualaykum
*KB*
:coolious:

truemuslim
06-06-2008, 07:02 PM
vegitarians? pshh LOL this is hilarius now

*KB*
06-06-2008, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
NO WAY!
WHy? What next ? Take 5?!
Twix never was THAT good but still !
Milkyway..eh..dont care if its allowed or not

REECES ARE GOOD ( yeh i kno i spelled it wrong)
Kit Kat are good
All dem good stuff...

Jazakallah khair sis for this! :)
Assalamualaykum

Awww, Sister!!!! KitKat are haram, they are not Suitable for Vegetarians because they have whey powder or something in. Check the back. It does not say Suitable for Vegetarians. :-[ :statisfie

Sorry, but had to inform :)

Assalamualaykum
*KB*

^^ Sister don't get that??

unknown_JJ
06-06-2008, 07:03 PM
:O any1 list d halal stuff , coz m a chocoholic :(

*KB*
06-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Assalamualaykum

Same here but naming all the chocolates would be tiring and pointless as all different countries have different chococlates. :)

But just check the back to see if they are suitable for vegetarians or have animal rennet or stuff :)

Assalamualaykum
*KB*

truemuslim
06-06-2008, 07:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *KB*
Assalamualaykum

Awww, Sister!!!! KitKat are haram, they are not Suitable for Vegetarians because they have whey powder or something in. Check the back. It does not say Suitable for Vegetarians. :-[ :statisfie

Sorry, but had to inform :)

Assalamualaykum
*KB*

^^ Sister don't get that??
ur serious?!
Why?!

You know people ALSO CLAIMED that fries and stuff from restaraunts are haram coz they fry them in animal shortening...THEY DONT, they fry them in VEGETABLE SHORTENING, Everyone knows that, and besides you can tell, wit animal shortening it becomes SOFT and wit vegetable shortening they become nnice and crispy.
peoplE CLAIM alot of things, why? Coz they got nothin better to do :skeleton:

:D

format_quote Originally Posted by unknown_JJ
:O any1 list d halal stuff , coz m a chocoholic :(

Me too :(

lovv chocolate !!:statisfie

unknown_JJ
06-06-2008, 07:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *KB*
Assalamualaykum

Same here but naming all the chocolates would be tiring and pointless as all different countries have different chococlates. :)

But just check the back to see if they are suitable for vegetarians or have animal rennet or stuff :)

Assalamualaykum
*KB*
oryt kool

som1 told me to avoid E471 wich is in crispz n chox n anythin else :S

Origin:
Synthetic fats, produced from glycerol and natural fatty acids, mainly from plant origin, but also fats of animal origin may be used. The product generally is a mixture of different products, with a composition similar to partially digested natural fat.

Function & characteristics:
Emulsifiers and stabilisers.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.