/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My fellow LI'ers since 2006...some comments

------
06-06-2008, 12:55 PM
:salamext:

I was just browsing through the - thread, and I just realised that we know each other so much SubhaanAllaah... even though it's just a screen name that you know the person by, with time you begin to know so much about the person's habits, their writing style, their friendlyness, and so many other things.

*thinks of how to put emotions into words*

I guess I just wanted to say that LI is like a family to me...especially the LI Oldtimers (2006-2007)...that bunch of people are amazing and that I really hope we will meet each other in Jannah InshaaAllaah.

I'm not going to list out the member names, because there are just too many to list out (and I would probably miss some out, coz there are so many)...but there are so many members that have made this place welcoming, and feel like a second family.

I hope Allaah forgives all of us, bestows His Mercy upon us, and grants us Jannah and a chance to meet each other and The Prophets, Sahaabi's, and pious people of Islaam. Ameen.

I also wanted to say sorry if I've ever hurt you or have been rude to you, knowingly or unknowingly. I really didn't mean it and I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me InshaaAllaah.

Your sister in Islaam

- Serene -

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
06-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Wow.

Good post, and aameen to the dua.

Snowflake
06-06-2008, 01:25 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

wowwww such a sweet post mashaAllah :D

luv you for the sake of Allah sis

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

Malaikah
06-06-2008, 01:29 PM
:sl:

Aw, that's such a nice post! Really, its things like this that remind me that behind the screen names there are real people and we will be accountable for how we treat them on the Day of Judgement.

May Allah forgive us of our shortcomings and allow us to increase in love for each other and in patience. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
06-06-2008, 01:42 PM
I hope Allaah forgives all of us, bestows His Mercy upon us, and grants us Jannah and a chance to meet each other and The Prophets, Sahaabi's, and pious people of Islaam. Ameen.
Ameen

aah im reading the behind the scenes thread. so many members missing. espesh my dear sis Arwa :cry:

Amat Allah
06-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Asalamo Alikom Wa Rahmato Allah

That was amazing my dear sister ....

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen to your Duaa..

may Allah love you and grant you with satisfaction and happines in this life and in the hereafter and protect you from all harms my precious sister....

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeen

your sister (soo honored to be):

Amat Allah

AvarAllahNoor
06-06-2008, 02:08 PM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh (Pure ones belong to God, victory to God)

Yes I get what you mean. Jannah shall be a cosy place.
:)

m102313
06-06-2008, 02:09 PM

Masha'allah that was a Great Post Sister.

Ameen to the Du'a.

:w:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
06-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Masha'Allah sis, it m akes me happy to see the brotherhood n sisterhood around here, its one of the reason I have stayed here for quite a while. This is a good forum because of its members including a lot of the non muslim members aswell. Everybody has there own uniqueness and theres some right ol charecters around here.

I have to say one thing though members shouldnt be allowed to change there names, its gets confusing with the amound members here lol

aamirsaab
06-06-2008, 02:16 PM
There's little else I can say on the matter that hasn't already been expressed. Ameen to your dua, peace and blessings be upon you.

'Abd al-Baari
06-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh,

Aameen thumma aameen! Nice Duaa sis :)

May Allah forgive us of our shortcomings and allow us to increase in love for each other and in patience.
Aameen! another beautiful Duaa...

I guess I just wanted to say that LI is like a family to me...
Me too..sometimes i wish some of you were my bros' and sis' rather than the annoying ones that i have to put up with :raging:

Ali.
06-06-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm not an 'LI Oldtimer' but I get where you're coming from; even over forums over a matter of a few months/years you'd realise you know more than you expected of certain person(s).

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Baari
Me too..sometimes i wish some of you were my bros' and sis' rather than the annoying ones that i have to put up with :raging:
:ooh: Don't say that, bro'!

jzcasejz
06-06-2008, 05:21 PM
Whoa, I dunno how I missed this thread. But anyways, mashaAllaah that post was really nice to read! :D And yep, a lot of the people here are kinda cool.

format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -
Aameen!

truemuslim
06-06-2008, 05:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

May Allah forgive us of our shortcomings and allow us to increase in love for each other and in patience. :)
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
may Allah love you and grant you with satisfaction and happines in this life and in the hereafter and protect you from all harms my precious sister....
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Ameen to your dua, peace and blessings be upon you.

Ameen thumma ameen to all the duas!

Mashallah sis ...

im not really an old skool sis but hey, 7monthes, i've lasted :-[

Jazakallah khair and may allah grant us all jannatul firdeous and inshallah we all meet there !

ameeeen!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-06-2008, 05:38 PM

MashaAllah sis, what a precious and heartfelt post :statisfie. It was truly nice.

Love you sister fisabilillah :D

Ameen to allll the du'as too InshaAllah.

AhlaamBella
06-06-2008, 05:44 PM
MarshAllah sis :)

Brilliant, touching post :)

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-06-2008, 06:10 PM

Aww, ukhtee... *gets emotional*...

*snaps herself out of it*

May Allaah love you!

I know what you mean about LI being like a family. In a way we are, because many of us are part of the Muslim Ummah, and hence we are like one body, one family. The Shahaadataan unite us, and I pray that all of us who proclaim it fulfill its conditions, being true Muslims. This forum really remind me of how much I've grown since '05. Inshaa'Allaah for the better.

Ameen to the ad'iya!

IbnAbdulHakim
06-06-2008, 06:19 PM
^ yeah mashaAllah "some" of us have grown loads.

may Allaah make me next in line for that, Ameen

but seriously... LI's pretty amazin.. mashaAllaah :) some o u bros sis's saved me from serious mistakes, may Allaah reward u

piXie
06-06-2008, 07:02 PM
Aameen to the du'aas

I also wanted to say sorry if I've ever hurt you or have been rude to you, knowingly or unknowingly. I really didn't mean it and I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me InshaaAllaah.
:wasalamex

m sure I can find it in my heart n sweet forgiving nature to forgive you - If u treat me to the most expensive restaurant in town, (2)
buy me the biGGest chocolate sundae, (3) make up for those errr.. neGs.

truemuslim
06-06-2008, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by __
Aameen to the du'aas

:wasalamex

m sure I can find it in my heart n sweet forgiving nature to forgive you - If u treat me to the most expensive restaurant in town, (2)
buy me the biGGest chocolate sundae, (3) make up for those errr.. neGs.

LOL

SAme here...

joking. lol

chacha_jalebi
06-06-2008, 07:19 PM
nice threaad:D

Intisar
06-06-2008, 07:27 PM
:wasalamex Though I am a fairly new member here, all praise is due to Allaah for allowing me to express my thoughts on this beautiful forum we call LI. Ameen to all of the duayn, and may Allaah grant us Jannatul Firdaws where inshaaAllaah we can all meet and recite the beautiful verses of the Quran with Muhammad salAllaahu 'alayhi wassalaam, the sahabi and sahabiyah, the salaf, and the entire Ummah inshaaAllaah. :)

truemuslim
06-06-2008, 07:30 PM
^ aw beautiful dua! Jazallah khair
and ammeeeeen thumma Ameen!!

------
06-06-2008, 07:32 PM

Ameen to the rest of the dua's expressed after my post.

snakelegs
06-06-2008, 08:27 PM
nice thread.
i've been a member for over 2 years and this is the only forum i am active on.
it's funny, how you get to know people over time - it's one of the main reasons i'm not going anywhere.
it does feel almost like family in many ways - even though i'm not a muslim, i feel completely at home here.
thanks to all (well, most) of you for making this a great forum and a great place to hang out.

Pk_#2
06-06-2008, 09:24 PM

Ameen to the rest of the dua's expressed after my post.
Wa'alaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Awww how cute,

Ameen aswell,

*pokes -serene-'s eyeballs with carrots*

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

snakelegs
06-06-2008, 09:44 PM
happy - you're a carrot maniac! ;D

Pk_#2
06-06-2008, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
happy - you're a carrot maniac! ;D
Aii aii you called me a Maniac, am tellin mom of you!!! *pokes snakey in the eys and takes out her eyeball and eats it* Yum, I'll spare the other one so you can continue to type on Li..:thumbs_up Be good, or else... :skeleton:

snakelegs
06-06-2008, 09:59 PM
i can always send you a spitting cobra! :Evil:

anyway, this is a nice thread so we better behave ourselves.

Fishman
06-06-2008, 09:59 PM
I am only a member of two forums. This one is the better one, as the other is CivFanaticsCenter and is full of nerds who spend their time cloud-shovelling and arguing about World War II.
This is probably the most well-organised, most friendly and most moderate Islamic forum that I've seen, including such giants as YaNabi and IslamOnline.

north_malaysian
06-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Amin to the Du'as...:D

Khayal
06-06-2008, 11:59 PM

Nice thread!!

InshaAllaah & Aameen!!

BlissfullyJaded
06-07-2008, 03:11 AM

Wow, mashaAllah... You brought a smile to my face.. I ended up readin some of those stories again and brought back so many memories. I remember the first time I read it. Hehe... Anyways I feel the same way about all of you too. There isn't a day where I don't think of you'll, even the ones who hardly post anymore.

LOL @ Happy.

Ameeen to the adiyah. :cry:

Please forgive me as well for the times I've hurt or offended you'll. It is never my intent to do so...

truemuslim
06-07-2008, 03:30 AM
aww you know sis, this makes me wanna have joined LI much earlier, im reading them ancient posts and mashallah, it seems like i already know the people who used to be very active and all. Where have they all gone? :(

al Amaanah
06-07-2008, 03:31 AM
ameen to the ad3iyah

BlissfullyJaded
06-07-2008, 03:35 AM

Aww, sis truemuslim. *hugs* Innit, where have they all gone. We should go hunt 'em down. :raging: I guess a lot of 'em grew up and moved on... :cry:

Btw...the newer members are awesome too. Don't think that by reminiscing we don't appreciate you guys. Heheee.

*mu'min*
06-07-2008, 04:54 AM
well said jawhara:) ive been visiting LI since 2005 but only been posting sice these past few months.... and i miss the posts of the old members:)

niceee thread and may Allah accept the beautiful duas

truemuslim
06-07-2008, 06:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah

Aww, sis truemuslim. *hugs* Innit, where have they all gone. We should go hunt 'em down. :raging: I guess a lot of 'em grew up and moved on... :cry:

Btw...the newer members are awesome too. Don't think that by reminiscing we don't appreciate you guys. Heheee.
aw yeh.. got married, moved on. Inshallah they are ALL ok tho, and inshalllah we meet again in jannatul firdeous!
Jazakallah khair sis

u mean me right? lol juss kididn!

Souljette
06-07-2008, 07:32 AM
AWWWWWWWw mashallahhh ameen to the dua's and yes i wish i met the older members they seemed sooo coool nd all but by just readin their posts and reading all you sisters and brother's posts i can tell how you are and i do feel like i'm part of a big family alhamdullah..Inshallah LI remains this way with flourishing youth entering everyday ..:D

------
06-07-2008, 07:41 PM

May Allaah increase the Barakah in this forum :)

Pk_#2
06-07-2008, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i can always send you a spitting cobra! :Evil:

anyway, this is a nice thread so we better behave ourselves.
I am tempted to carry on Lol, but I won't.. :thumbs_up

*ahem* Jawharah? who be's you? Wow you're ancient girl, wb.

May Allaah increase the Barakah in this forum :)
Ameen, @ rep, I dint even spam.. *sad*

Umu 'Isa
06-08-2008, 06:58 AM
SubhanAllaah, its hard to believe i've been a member of LI for nearly 3 yrs!

Jazaki Allaahu khayr sis for the post. Love you fisabilillah, you are a sweet sis masha Allaah :)

Ameen to the adeyah

H4RUN
06-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Salam:D
I forgot that nice people stil existed in this world:D What a lovely thread by a lovely soul:D This is one of them moments where you should be given a blue peter badge...but i wana get one 1st!:D

LI Does have it's characters i must say:D Just a bleedin' shame not all of 'em are active!:D
PeeaacceE

M..x
06-09-2008, 08:39 AM
Salaam... Awwh nice post Sis. Stay Blessed...x

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-10-2008, 12:32 AM

Jazakallah Khayr for this thread..being on LI has been awesome Alhamdullilah, and I am very thankful to Allaah for allowing me to join here all those years ago. Everything else has pretty much already been said... so Ameen to all the 'adiya. :)

arabianprincess
06-10-2008, 03:50 AM
hmm i dont know alot of ppl here but inshallah i have a goal to know like at least 100 by the end of this year say ya rab ameen

Re.TiReD
06-10-2008, 09:56 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Wow amazing thread masha'Allah and Ameen to all the Du'aas!

I dont think alotta people know me :D But I'm ...54M4K4H... :D

WassalamuAlaykum

Souljette
06-11-2008, 03:15 PM
ye we can't forget u

Muhammad
06-12-2008, 06:13 PM

LI has been running for quite a long time, and I think it is true for everyone that if you become a part of something for long enough, it is difficult to let it go. Hence LI does feel like a family or a home or some place that is strangely familiar. Although it has gone through a lot of change, it still holds many memories and experiences of good times and things that occurred throughout our time spent here. You might not post for days yet logging on makes you feel part of a real world that can't be found elsewhere.

I would agree that over time, we do get to know other members, though to a limited degree. Names, avatars, fonts and writing styles often give a kind of unique personality to each member. Often it is the case that we may seldom speak directly to a member, but we have seen so many of their posts that we seem to know them so well and the place wouldn't be the same without them.

Me too - may Allaah (swt) forgive us all for our mistakes, Aameen.

Jazakallaahu khayran to all of you, and we thank Allaah (swt) for all His favours upon us.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.