/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When we hear adhan/azhan

innocent
06-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Do ladies have to cover their heads when the adhan is being called? Thats what I've always been told.

And also when reading the Quran some people say you dont have to cover your head. Only compulsory when praying salat.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truemuslim
06-06-2008, 07:55 PM
What?!
Why would ladies have to cover there ears? Athaan is a beautiful thing and no one shoud miss it
Besides everyone has to repeat after the person making athaan, cant do that with ur hands over ur ears now can you.

------
06-06-2008, 08:03 PM
:salamext:

Why would ladies have to cover there ears? Athaan is a beautiful thing and no one shoud miss it
Are you implying they cannot hear whilst wearing Hijaab?!

truemuslim
06-06-2008, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

Are you implying they cannot hear whilst wearing Hijaab?!

ohhhh my god
Nevermind! sorry
i thought she meant cover there heads so they DONT hear it...like cover ther EARS . lol
my bad
sorry
:-[:-[:-[:-[

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tetsujin
06-08-2008, 04:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by innocent
Do ladies have to cover their heads when the adhan is being called? Thats what I've always been told.

And also when reading the Quran some people say you dont have to cover your head. Only compulsory when praying salat.

It's a cultural thing, passed down from your mother's mother and from her mother and from her mother.....

If you really fear the day of judgment you would cover yourself all the time, not when you get a reminder 5 times a day and then ignore it the rest of the time.

All the best wishes,

Faysal

innocent
06-09-2008, 04:22 PM
^^
And how many people are there that cover up 24/7 when they are at home?

aysenil
06-09-2008, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tetsujin
It's a cultural thing, passed down from your mother's mother and from her mother and from her mother.....

If you really fear the day of judgment you would cover yourself all the time, not when you get a reminder 5 times a day and then ignore it the rest of the time.

All the best wishes,

Faysal
yes u r right. but ladies dont have to cover their heads when azan going on. but i no they should cover head while reading Quran.

aysenil
06-09-2008, 04:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by innocent
^^
And how many people are there that cover up 24/7 when they are at home?
it is not necessary to cover up at home if there isnt any namahram.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-09-2008, 04:58 PM
:sl:

You do not need to cover your head when u hear the adhaan, as far as I know. Correct me if I'm wrong lol. I could be :x Anyways, there's no need to cover at home unless you do have a in non mahram present.

innocent
06-10-2008, 02:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tetsujin

All the best wishes,

Faysal
Well why would I need to cover up all the time when I'm at home?? with no namehrams?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Sis, he's not even Muslim....and I think he's referring to outside. I already answered your question. You dont have to cover at home unless u have a non mahram present.

------
06-10-2008, 03:45 PM

^ Sis do you have a fatwa for that opinion :?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Sis why do u need to cover at home? I mean why do u need to wear a hijab or full sleeves at all times? You wouldnt need to unless you have a non mahram present. I thought we all knew that.

------
06-10-2008, 03:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jazzy

You do not need to cover your head when u hear the adhaan, as far as I know. .
I meant for this

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-10-2008, 04:28 PM
well if I'm not mistaken, someone in the sisters section mentioned it was cultural....so i dunno then lol.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.