/* */

PDA

View Full Version : College and Student loan

Questfortruth
06-06-2008, 08:46 PM
:sl:

Hello

Inshallah soon I am planning to go back to college. I have a question regarding student Loan. Can I take studen loan which has interest? I am really not sure if I would be able to pay it off before interest is added. My parents have been forcing me to take student loan and go to college. I have already missed 2 years from my studies because I did not have the money. Did anyone take student loan from this forum?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
HumbleServant
07-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Salaam,

From the little I know brother, most scholars have said nope straight up about these because of the interest involved. However I know of some scholars who have allowed it if out of necessity... Allahualam, I understand what u mean its sometimes quite difficult to pay for the excessive fees they ask for. In the first year of university I borrowed from a family member and paid the £3000 plus fees that way, this year as I'm studying abroad the fee is less, but I still have to pay the family member back some day! So its still difficult, but of course halal!!

If you have the option of borrowing from family, the halaal way that'd be recommend. Otherwise insha allah see what your local molana/imaam advises based on your circumstances... it's so difficult these days.. But we all know interest is haraam. Allahualam - Allah make it easy on you brother.

Heera Singh
07-10-2008, 12:24 AM
aren't there (Muslim) Organizations set up for this kind of stuff, to help fund certain things like education and purchase of a home etc..? I know in Canada there are some like this.. even for mortgages.. where they don't charge interest, and the person just pays back in monthly installments..

Mikayeel
07-10-2008, 12:26 AM
:sl:

I thought most student loans were interest free right?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Heera Singh
07-10-2008, 12:42 AM
no, they're not interest free.. u just don't have to start payin them until u graduate.. and then they hit u with interest... takes a long time to pay down...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.