PDA

View Full Version : Buying a tarantula!



Mikayeel
06-06-2008, 10:27 PM
:sl:

Ahlen! I like to share with u guys, that tommorow am gna go nd buy a tarantula!(80% am gna buy it) i forgat to put down inshAllah!, A kind brother had pointed it out to me :)

For those who don't know what it is http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...antula_020.jpg (sisters be aware lol)

Having owned a snake previously its now time for the next pet:) However a rather unusual one!

My mum, nd sister are scared to death of spider and i mean they die if they see one! So this one will settle in room room, this way its keeps my sisters out;D

Ive always liked animals since a young boy, nd in sudan i used to hunt for scorpions nd spiders at a young age ;)...

So what you guys think?

:w:
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jzcasejz
06-06-2008, 10:32 PM
Cool stuff man, go for it! :D:thumbs_up

Having owned a snake previously
Lol what happened to it?
Reply

Whatsthepoint
06-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Ewwwww!!!!:enough!:

Really, if I can't stand something, it's creepy little things with multiple legs..:raging:

Love snakes though. If I were you I'd buy another reptile instead.
Reply

Mikayeel
06-06-2008, 10:49 PM
lool at whatsthepoint!! Innit they r very creepy nd hairy lol,

at jzcasejz lool the snake grew to big! Then it had to leave, it was nice when it was young though.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Güven
06-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Thats Nice Bro
A Tarantula Wow :exhausted
I LIke Spiders More Than Snakes cause snakes wil eat you up LOL
Reply

AvarAllahNoor
06-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Yay!

I love reptiles, when I go to the zoo I go see the reptile house. I LOVE ME SOME CREEPY CRAWLIES. Parents are scared off them. I love a cobra (not to worship!)
Reply

Ali.
06-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Cool! I just have a tortoise lol.
Reply

Mikayeel
06-06-2008, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by Ali.
Cool! I just have a tortoise lol.
:sl:

wow they r pretty cool aswell! I always wanted them! I might get a turtle with my spider so they can live in peace together! lool :) :p
Reply

AvarAllahNoor
06-06-2008, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by Ali.
Cool! I just have a tortoise lol.
Haha Kachoo!

Neighbours have Rabbits. They are nutters. (the rabbits not the neighbours)

I want!


Reply

truemuslim
06-06-2008, 11:05 PM
:phew ohh my god, i feel so ssorry for ur sisters and mum.

u so like my brother, he just do anything to scare us to death, if HE had a turantula he would throw it on me, if he had a snake he would tie me wit it, and lizard...wel...he already saw one in yemen and locked me in the same room as it, no way for it, or me to escape :exhausted im surprised am stll alive


:raging:

neways
mashallah u like animals

why cant u like OTHER animals, lol, like cats and dogs...nah nevermind...
more lke tigers and sharks :Evil:
would you TOUCH the turantula?
Reply

youngsister
06-06-2008, 11:06 PM
:sl:
I wouldnt even enter the house of someone who has a tarantula, so it will definetly keep your sisters out of your room.:w:
Reply

Güven
06-06-2008, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by truemuslim
:phew ohh my god, i feel so ssorry for ur sisters and mum.

u so like my brother, he just do anything to scare us to death, if HE had a turantula he would throw it on me, if he had a snake he would tie me wit it, and lizard...wel...he already saw one in yemen and locked me in the same room as it, no way for it, or me to escape :exhausted im surprised am stll alive


:raging:

neways
mashallah u like animals

why cant u like OTHER animals, lol, like cats and dogs...nah nevermind...
more lke tigers and sharks :Evil:
would you TOUCH the turantula?

LooL sharks As A Pett????
Where WOuld You Let it Live, In your Bathroom?? Lol:D

There is nothing wrong with a TarantuLa a little spider wouldnt harm no one :)
Reply

Mikayeel
06-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by truemuslim
:phew ohh my god, i feel so ssorry for ur sisters and mum.

u so like my brother, he just do anything to scare us to death, if HE had a turantula he would throw it on me, if he had a snake he would tie me wit it, and lizard...wel...he already saw one in yemen and locked me in the same room as it, no way for it, or me to escape :exhausted im surprised am stll alive


:raging:

neways
mashallah u like animals

why cant u like OTHER animals, lol, like cats and dogs...nah nevermind...
more lke tigers and sharks :Evil:
would you TOUCH the turantula?
I like any animal, and am not scared of most of them.... however i can't stand dogss:raging:!!! I absolutly hate dogs!! They smell, they always chase nd try to bite me! grrr, nd for some reason i always happen to step on their poo! yuckk...

Cats are one of my favourites! They are sooo nice! http://www.acfacats.com/images/Vertical%20Somali.jpg this is one of my favourite house cat species.. :)

And yes i wud touch it, ive touched it before, like letting it walk over my hand! However out of all animals i think spiders give me the most creeps, when their walkin on my hand, cuz they r so hairy nd walk very slowly!

So when i get mine (inshAllah) i wont b to keen on picking it up alot, only when its a must!

JazaakAllah khair sis

:w:
Reply

Pen Marks
06-06-2008, 11:10 PM
from all the thousands, millions of animals in the world u chose a trantula??!! i get creeped out wen i see em on tv forget real life!



^looks kinda fake? :X look at the teeth
Reply

Mikayeel
06-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by Mu'minah421
from all the thousands, millions of animals in the world u chose a trantula??!! i get creeped out wen i see em on tv forget real life!

^looks kinda fake? :X look at the teeth
lol sis, it is fake:) :p
Reply

truemuslim
06-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by Güven
LooL sharks As A Pett????
Where WOuld You Let it Live, In your Bathroom?? Lol:D

There is nothing wrong with a TarantuLa a little spider wouldnt harm no one :)

this guy has one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvtqU6mlJPM
lol. i thnk fishys look cool. they dont harm...well..unless u have my brother. he took a goldfish out of its tank and threw it at me. made me start jumpin like crazy :-[ lol

tarantula's are so...:nervous: ewww sickkk man! just thinkin bout one makin me shake. lol
i mean i would rather have a pet bear or lion...well duh! lol
but sick! they so hairy and crawly and leggy and...:phew oh i have a thing for reptiles and bugs...well...except turtles. coz they aint disgusting, plus if u get chased by one, its more likely YOU'LL get away. :D
Reply

truemuslim
06-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by raOnar
I like any animal, and am not scared of most of them.... however i can't stand dogss:raging:!!! I absolutly hate dogs!! They smell, they always chase nd try to bite me! grrr, nd for some reason i always happen to step on their poo! yuckk...

Cats are one of my favourites! They are sooo nice! http://www.acfacats.com/images/Vertical%20Somali.jpg this is one of my favourite house cat species.. :)

And yes i wud touch it, ive touched it before, like letting it walk over my hand! However out of all animals i think spiders give me the most creeps, when their walkin on my hand, cuz they r so hairy nd walk very slowly!

So when i get mine (inshAllah) i wont b to keen on picking it up alot, only when its a must!

JazaakAllah khair sis

:w:
Lol wow.
I hate dogs, they'r sick, thats why i said nevermind. lol. besides they look so ugly. and when someone is walkin there dog and im outside or something and it gets away and comes after me, i start freakin out. lol. they look at me lik "What is this girl doing?! its just a dog!" lool
but cats are cool. mashallah that one in the pic looks amazing, especially the tail, subhanallah. we dont have any pets here but if we could get one i would get a cat. or rabbit. or goat :-[ lol (as long as its tied up on a rope this time!)
or a chicken. we get to buy chickens when we go to yemen this time. but my brother doesnt want any he keeps threatening me that he will slaughter them in front of me :rollseyes pshh. lol. he cant even catch them!

eww loool. a hairy crawly SPIDER crawling on your hand...and YOU KNOW IT! LOOL i would prolly DIE that second. lol :skeleton:

Originally Posted by Mu'minah421
from all the thousands, millions of animals in the world u chose a trantula??!! i get creeped out wen i see em on tv forget real life!
LOOOL i kno!
When people think of what to get as a pet i think of "dogs and cats" but "snakes and tarantulas" ?! LOOL so sickk!
But mashalllah and subhanallah



you kno one of the sahaba (i think Ali ) used to say authu billah to reptiles or watever. :):D
Reply

Güven
06-06-2008, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by truemuslim
this guy has one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvtqU6mlJPM
lol. i thnk fishys look cool. they dont harm...well..unless u have my brother. he took a goldfish out of its tank and threw it at me. made me start jumpin like crazy :-[ lol

tarantula's are so...:nervous: ewww sickkk man! just thinkin bout one makin me shake. lol
i mean i would rather have a pet bear or lion...well duh! lol
but sick! they so hairy and crawly and leggy and...:phew oh i have a thing for reptiles and bugs...well...except turtles. coz they aint disgusting, plus if u get chased by one, its more likely YOU'LL get away. :D
WooW I Didnt know that there lived Sharks so Little , I tought you know those sharks so dangerous that they bite you to death and eat your arms and legs and heads :exhausted
Reply

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
06-06-2008, 11:19 PM
You should get some piranhas they seem kewl.

Tranctula is too hairy, just get a fake one.

BTW have you seen a movie called arachnaphobia(sp?)
Reply

truemuslim
06-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by Güven
WooW I Didnt know that there lived Sharks so Little , I tought you know those sharks so dangerous that they bite you to death and eat your arms and legs and heads :exhausted
Lol neither did i really, i just googled "pet shark " LOL i didnt believe there would actually be any. hehe

Look at Ali's avatar. :phew
Reply

Mikayeel
06-06-2008, 11:24 PM
Media Tags are no longer supported


To get u in the tarantula mood guys:)
Reply

Mikayeel
06-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
You should get some piranhas they seem kewl.

Tranctula is too hairy, just get a fake one.

BTW have you seen a movie called arachnaphobia(sp?)
:sl: bro:)

Yep i have seen it, i was very young back then i remember having nightmares about it:)
Reply

truemuslim
06-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by raOnar


To get u in the tarantula mood guys:)
u supposed to put it in media tags, not IMG tags. :D
Reply

Pen Marks
06-06-2008, 11:26 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=p1_bMLNOj7s&feature=related
^Look how this man reacted when he saw the snake
Akhh i think i woulda died :Eek:
Reply

truemuslim
06-06-2008, 11:26 PM
Ohh my god i just watched it
its makin me twitch! i feel lyk its crawlin on me or something... :phew: scary~
Reply

truemuslim
06-06-2008, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by Mu'minah421
http://youtube.com/watch?v=p1_bMLNOj7s&feature=related
^Look how this man reacted when he saw the snake
Akhh i think i woulda died :Eek:

Did he die?! :laugh: hahaha lOOOOOOOOOOOL!
What a me!

well no i would run away THEN die. lol

LOL
Theyr ARAB MEN, shouldnt they KILL it? LOooooooooool! wasnt expecting that reaction!
Reply

Mikayeel
06-06-2008, 11:27 PM
at sister truemuslim, ye i realized that i done IMG, so i changed thanks:)

at Mu'minah421 aaah thats tash mataash!:D:D
Reply

truemuslim
06-06-2008, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by raOnar
at sister truemuslim, ye i realized that i done IMG, so i changed thanks:)

at Mu'minah421 aaah thats tash mataash!:D:D
ur welcome

Yeh thats that comedy show! lol!
Reply

Güven
06-06-2008, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by Mu'minah421
http://youtube.com/watch?v=p1_bMLNOj7s&feature=related
^Look how this man reacted when he saw the snake
Akhh i think i woulda died :Eek:
LooooL I Didnt Even Saw The snake And they were already Gone
And What tha hell Hapenend Whit that guy LOL
Reply

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
06-06-2008, 11:30 PM
^ imagine doing that at a gathering of family members lol
Reply

Mikayeel
06-06-2008, 11:31 PM
WHAAT u gta CHECK THIS ONE OUT guys!!

Media Tags are no longer supported


That baby was cute!! Lool watch the end bit when he just grabs the snake!! looool.....

However crazy people letin the child with a snake, ofcourse he had his fangs taken out
Reply

truemuslim
06-06-2008, 11:33 PM
^ LOL!



Bro where did you keep your SNAKE?? Ohh my god! Lol. I remember once we went to a park, and i went to drink some water...alone..from the fountain, and then i turn around theres this huge snake looking at me. i say authobillah min alshaitan arajeem and all, then my heart starts pounding like crazy, and i run so far, but the thing is, IT WASNT CHASIN ME!! LOOL ! i Ran the direction away from my parents and all, and into the forest, deeep into it! LOL and then i realize its stil back where it was, not chasing me! LOL
But how you keep one in YOUR HOUSE?! its like a nightmare 24/7!
How u not scared?!
Reply

truemuslim
06-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by raOnar
WHAAT u gta CHECK THIS ONE OUT guys!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-dZFFlw5z6g&feature=related

That baby was cute!! Lool watch the end bit when he just grabs the snake!! looool.....

However crazy people letin the child with a snake, ofcourse he had his fangs taken out
Ohhh how can they do that?! Thats a venomous snake?! Oh my god! Thats crazy, and the baby sooo cute and he just grab it! Lol so brave! :exhausted:D
Reply

Güven
06-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by raOnar
WHAAT u gta CHECK THIS ONE OUT guys!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-dZFFlw5z6g&feature=related

That baby was cute!! Lool watch the end bit when he just grabs the snake!! looool.....

However crazy people letin the child with a snake, ofcourse he had his fangs taken out
OMG that was a cute little boy , whats wrong with those parents
and what was that anoying background sound LOL:D
Reply

Pen Marks
06-06-2008, 11:40 PM
OMG pooor lil kid ;D
the guy dat i posted: i think he fainted lol
Reply

Mikayeel
06-06-2008, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by truemuslim
^ LOL!



Bro where did you keep your SNAKE?? Ohh my god! Lol. I remember once we went to a park, and i went to drink some water...alone..from the fountain, and then i turn around theres this huge snake looking at me. i say authobillah min alshaitan arajeem and all, then my heart starts pounding like crazy, and i run so far, but the thing is, IT WASNT CHASIN ME!! LOOL ! i Ran the direction away from my parents and all, and into the forest, deeep into it! LOL and then i realize its stil back where it was, not chasing me! LOL
But how you keep one in YOUR HOUSE?! its like a nightmare 24/7!
How u not scared?!

:sl: the snake was kept in this thing made from glass, i cnt think of the name now sorry.

nd the snake with the lil kid is a cobra they are pretty venemous, however that one has this fangs taken out so he can't deliver a venemous bite.
Reply

Güven
06-06-2008, 11:43 PM
OMg Authu billa min alshaitani rajeem I just Saw On Youtube A snake Eating A baby chick alive and that was sooo Cruel and the poor Little chick
I wont post it YOu will get Nightmares :D
Reply

truemuslim
06-06-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by raOnar
:sl: the snake was kept in this thing made from glass, i cnt think of the name now sorry.

nd the snake with the lil kid is a cobra they are pretty venemous, however that one has this fangs taken out so he can't deliver a venemous bite.
Ooh yeh, ok
lol makes it seem less crazy now. :D

Originally Posted by Güven
OMg Authu billa min alshaitani rajeem I just Saw On Youtube A snake Eating A baby chick alive and that was sooo Cruel and the poor Little chick
I wont post it YOu will get Nightmares :D
LOL i JUST finished watching that! LOL
Sickk!
Poor Chick!!:raging:
Reply

Mikayeel
06-06-2008, 11:48 PM
lool guys i think we have strayed pretty much offtopic in every possible way! :D, so in the hope of this thread not being deleted lets only talk about my tarantula:) lol
Reply

truemuslim
06-06-2008, 11:50 PM
^ lol

How many will u buy?
Reply

Mikayeel
06-06-2008, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by truemuslim
^ lol

How many will u buy?
InshAllah i will go tomorrow down the guys house, and have a look at them... If i like what i see i will just buy one :)
Reply

truemuslim
06-07-2008, 12:01 AM
^ ooh. So ur not buying them from a real place? like a pet store?

Also how much are they?

lol i just never really thought someone could put a price on...spiders..so its just interesting to know. :)
Reply

Mikayeel
06-07-2008, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by truemuslim
^ ooh. So ur not buying them from a real place? like a pet store?

Also how much are they?

lol i just never really thought someone could put a price on...spiders..so its just interesting to know. :)
they are preowned if ud like to say:)

He is selling them for £10 each, which is about $20 dollar id think.
Reply

truemuslim
06-07-2008, 12:11 AM
$20 FOR A NIGHTMARE?!-- i mean yeh , perfect price for a night--i mean spider.. :D

lol just messin,
they arent seeming that bad anymore...i think i been brainwashed.
mayb if its in a cage or something where it CANT get out by accident, then that would be cool...watching it crawl y'kno? all slow and stuff...but if it crawls ON somene...thats a differnt story. lol.

where you live, is it like all desert-ish and scorpiany and all dat? its usually the ppl livin in that typa place that lyk this stuff, or if u live ina rainforestish place. :D
Reply

Mikayeel
06-07-2008, 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by truemuslim
$20 FOR A NIGHTMARE?!-- i mean yeh , perfect price for a night--i mean spider.. :D

lol just messin,
they arent seeming that bad anymore...i think i been brainwashed.
mayb if its in a cage or something where it CANT get out by accident, then that would be cool...watching it crawl y'kno? all slow and stuff...but if it crawls ON somene...thats a differnt story. lol.

where you live, is it like all desert-ish and scorpiany and all dat? its usually the ppl livin in that typa place that lyk this stuff, or if u live ina rainforestish place. :D
lool, i wish i lived in a desert or rainforest... but i live in caridff:exhausted, check the photo thread to see pics from cardiff:),

:)
Reply

snakelegs
06-07-2008, 01:24 AM
congratulations!!!!
cool - are you buying a baby?
i bought all mine as babies. what kind are you getting?
i have a rose hair, a red-knee, a california blonde (i caught locally), and a red rump.
had a horned baboon, but she "passed beyond"
i have a desert hairy scorpion (not venemous) that i caught out here in the desert.
snakes are great too - i'm down to 10 snakes.
Reply

Mikayeel
06-07-2008, 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by snakelegs
congratulations!!!!
cool - are you buying a baby?
i bought all mine as babies. what kind are you getting?
i have a rose hair, a red-knee, a california blonde (i caught locally), and a red rump.
had a horned baboon, but she "passed beyond"
i have a desert hairy scorpion (not venemous) that i caught out here in the desert.
snakes are great too - i'm down to 10 snakes.
thank you:)
They are subadults, however i dnt know what species they are, probally is a rose hair almost everyone has them lol. The thing is am going down the guys house tomorrow, and he has various kinds. So i will have to pick.

You are so lucky u live in a place where such animals are common! :)

So are they aggressive animals? In general? I held one before and it seemed very calm. Are they like very unpredictable? Last thing i want is it to bite me lol, i heard it hurts!

horned baboons are very nice! Did u buy it as a baby?
Reply

snakelegs
06-07-2008, 01:45 AM
yeah i am very lucky - we have cool snakes locally too.
the horned baboon was given to me as a baby. they're said to be aggressive and fast moving, but she/he just dug herself a little burrow and spent most of the time down there. when he/she got to be an adult, the horn was really cool!
the males only live a couple of years, but the females can live 20-30 years!
rose hairs are pretty mellow, as are redknees. i mean, they're not the kind of animal you want to handle a lot cuz i don't think they like it all that much.
the new world tarantulas can flick hairs at you when they get upset. and of course, they can bite, but i've never been bitten. mine are all mellow and spend most of their time doing nothing whatsoever. (they do comb their hair sometimes, though), which is sort of endearing. :giggling:
it would be good if you could get some kind of a caresheet because different species have different requirements.
i think they're pretty when they move.
when they moult you think they are dieing. they shed everything - hair fangs and all! you don't want to feed them when they have just moulted because their bodies are soft and vulnerable for a while.
all the ones i have now i've had for a number of years - they're all adults, but i bought them all as little babies.
Reply

truemuslim
06-07-2008, 03:16 AM
Originally Posted by raOnar
lool, i wish i lived in a desert or rainforest... but i live in caridff:exhausted, check the photo thread to see pics from cardiff:),

:)

Lol me too.
Mashallah looks horrible! LOL

And u like all da wierd...strange..animals. lol
:D
Reply

BlackMamba
06-07-2008, 03:18 AM
Dude get a regular pet. Like a dog.
Reply

truemuslim
06-07-2008, 03:21 AM
Dogs suck!
get somethin cool and NORMAL lyk a ...
cat..or a tiger, to gaurd ur home. :D criminals these days :rolleyes: pshh
Reply

arabianprincess
06-07-2008, 06:02 AM
Omg Omg Omg Omg


:laugh:OMG OMG OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG WHY

R U GUYS TRYIN TO GIVE US A HEART ATTACK HARAMMMMMMM :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::enough!::?

ur like my brother .. every once in a while he buys a new pettttttttt :raging: .... bt not the cute:enough!: ones the SCARY ONES :phew

this was the last animal he BOUGHT :raging:
http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/Zo...ges/ferret.jpg

هi dont know wat they call it in english.. but goooood hes smart.. one time i open the doorr he was about to escape as sooon as he saw me.. he sat n acted soo innocent ,,, n im scared of him,,, n we put him in a balcony .. he used to scratch the ladys store sign down stairs... :) lol he was mad maskeena used to yelll alot.. n his snakes n omg spriders well my mother from that DAY SAID ENOUGH no MORE animals r allowed YAY That was the happiest day of my LIFE>>>>>>> although i realllly wanna parrot :) isnt that cute for a change... come on GUYS
Reply

snakelegs
06-07-2008, 06:50 AM
nah, parrots sit around and screech all day and want attention. :raging:
the animal in the picture is called "ferret" - they're very cute but from what i hear, they are also very mischievous and can be quite a nuisance.
Reply

BlackMamba
06-08-2008, 02:24 AM
Originally Posted by truemuslim
Dogs suck!
Isnt there a picture of a dog on ur avatar? How can u not like dogs.
Reply

aminahjaan
06-08-2008, 02:36 AM
agh, I have full blown arachnophobia.


haha, but whatever floats your boat, I would be scared though like it comes out of it's cage all mutated or whatever and holds your sister hostage and feeds on roaches...haha I'm scaring myself.
Reply

Armand
06-08-2008, 02:37 AM
Originally Posted by raOnar:
lool, i wish i lived in a desert or rainforest... but i live in caridff, check the photo thread to see pics from cardiff,
Dude, are you insane? lol. Do you know what creepy and freaky things are crawling under that sand, not to mention a rainforest!!!

*shivers*

(And make sure your giant tarantula isn't black... wow, my hairs already stand on end).
Reply

Mikayeel
06-08-2008, 02:40 AM
Originally Posted by Shakoor15
Isnt there a picture of a dog on ur avatar? How can u not like dogs.
lool sis, looks like u been sufferin with ur bro! :)

Dogs are +o(, i cannot stand them! How can you like the them? Why not cats? They are mysterious, elegant and smart! Also very cute!
Reply

aminahjaan
06-08-2008, 02:40 AM
Originally Posted by Armand

(And make sure your giant tarantula isn't black... wow, my hairs already stand on end).
coughRACISTcough
hahha

JKJK

yeah why would you wanna live in a rainforest? Do you watch the crocodile hunter or Jeff Corwin or discovery channel at ALL? Or the movie Anaconda.

I suppose you'd just like to get swallowed alive, if THAT helps you sleep at night...
Reply

Mikayeel
06-08-2008, 02:41 AM
Originally Posted by aminahgorilla
agh, I have full blown arachnophobia.


haha, but whatever floats your boat, I would be scared though like it comes out of it's cage all mutated or whatever and holds your sister hostage and feeds on roaches...haha I'm scaring myself.
hahaha lool, then it wud demand money! Otherwise it wont let go of my sis :p
Reply

Mikayeel
06-08-2008, 02:42 AM
Crocohile hunter is dead, he got stung by a stingray!

The rainforest is niceeee, always rainy nd hot! Full of animals nd creepy things, full of flowers nd fruit! All the things a human need :D lol
Reply

truemuslim
06-08-2008, 02:43 AM
Originally Posted by Shakoor15
Isnt there a picture of a dog on ur avatar? How can u not like dogs.

its a bulldog...biiig difference...

well this one in my avatar looks like my nieghbor. no kiddin!
lol
anyways dogs suck, they disgusting, they look ugly, they bark ugly, they smell ugly, they are ugly, and they ...um...wait cant think of anymore insults.
Reply

Mikayeel
06-08-2008, 02:44 AM
Originally Posted by truemuslim
its a bulldog...biiig difference...

well this one in my avatar looks like my nieghbor. no kiddin!
lol
anyways dogs suck, they disgusting, they look ugly, they bark ugly, they smell ugly, they are ugly, and they ...um...wait cant think of anymore insults.
Uve pretty much said it all!
Reply

truemuslim
06-08-2008, 02:45 AM
Originally Posted by raOnar
Uve pretty much said it all!

i can say more bout tarantulas... :-[ :Evil:
Reply

Mikayeel
06-08-2008, 02:46 AM
Originally Posted by truemuslim
i can say more bout tarantulas... :-[ :Evil:
Ay dnt push ur luck! :p
Reply

Pen Marks
06-08-2008, 02:46 AM
Uve pretty much said it all!
^dirty/Najis :p
did u get your trantula? if so did u feed it? lol
Reply

Armand
06-08-2008, 02:47 AM
Originally Posted by aminahgorilla
coughRACISTcough
hahha

JKJK

yeah why would you wanna live in a rainforest? Do you watch the crocodile hunter or Jeff Corwin or discovery channel at ALL? Or the movie Anaconda.

I suppose you'd just like to get swallowed alive, if THAT helps you sleep at night...
Not racist, hehe, it's just that the black furry tarantulas are monstrous. :)

Alhamdulillah, I've never encountered one in my life.
Reply

Mikayeel
06-08-2008, 02:49 AM
Originally Posted by Mu'minah421
^dirty/Najis :p
did u get your trantula? if so did u feed it? lol
Yep good question lool, I called the guy 2day in order to go down nd see how it is, nd he goes am buzy now so come down 2morrow morning.

Its 3:47AM now in cardiff, nd the guy called me about 10 mins ago:?, who calls some one at 3:37???!!(to buy a tarantula) So i obvsly ddnt pick up, cuz hes probally drunk! lol

:w:
Reply

Pen Marks
06-08-2008, 02:50 AM
mayb he wanted to tell u dat da trantulas died!! :omg:
Reply

Mikayeel
06-08-2008, 02:51 AM
Originally Posted by Mu'minah421
mayb he wanted to tell u dat da trantulas died!! :omg:
lol, dnt worry he had 10, so if one dies there 9 to go :)
Reply

truemuslim
06-08-2008, 02:51 AM
Originally Posted by Mu'minah421
^dirty/Najis :p
did u get your trantula? if so did u feed it? lol

Probably not! lol
he prolly on LI the whole time while his sick spider is calling him....

wait no, unlike a NORMAL pet, it CANT call out to him, see cats meow, fishes..splash... birds tweet, hamsters...um...i dunno
but the point is they all make sounds, but a tarantula?! pshh :rollseyes

ok im done making fun of them...for now/ :X :-[ :Evil::D


lol i wonder if u can hear its belly grumbling...if so...dont think its urs! LOL
Reply

Mikayeel
06-08-2008, 02:53 AM
Originally Posted by Armand
Not racist, hehe, it's just that the black furry tarantulas are monstrous. :)

Alhamdulillah, I've never encountered one in my life.
RACIST! lol, jk



''The Brazilian Black Tarantula has often been called the "best pet tarantula", with good reason. Brazilian Black Tarantulas are very docile, impressive, and hence the name, jet black tarantulas. They are in the same genus as the Chilean Rose Tarantula (Grammostola rosea), but are slightly larger and more active than Chilean Rose Tarantulas. The Brazilian Black Tarantula, like the Chilean Rose Tarantula, has been known to go on fasts lasting several months. They are very popular tarantulas, and you may find yourself paying a high price for even a spiderling, but remember that it is worth it. Females of this species have been known to live for over 20 years! The Brazilian Black Tarantula is a great tarantula for the classroom, for zoo displays, and for any collector.''

So the black one isnt that bad!
Reply

Pen Marks
06-08-2008, 02:53 AM
he had 10
10!!! :eek: subhanallah he's weirder den u lol :p
Reply

Mikayeel
06-08-2008, 02:55 AM
Originally Posted by Mu'minah421
10!!! :eek: subhanallah he's weirder den u lol :p
uhm uhm, what u trying to say huh! :raging: :p,

Noo the spider saved our beloved prophet(pbuh) :) So it won't hurt having just one of them as a pet..
Reply

Pen Marks
06-08-2008, 02:57 AM
Noo the spider saved our beloved prophet(pbuh) So it won't hurt having just one of them as a pet..
don't think it was a trantula :D

http://www.petbugs.com/caresheets/gallery/G-pulchra.jpg

^u want someone 2 hav a heartattack?!
Reply

truemuslim
06-08-2008, 02:57 AM
Originally Posted by raOnar
uhm uhm, what u trying to say huh! :raging: :p,

Noo the spider saved our beloved prophet(pbuh) :) So it won't hurt having just one of them as a pet..

the one that saved the prophet wasnt a TARANTULA , and he DIDNT keep it as a PET.

lol i feel so mean right now.
ok i'll stop picking on the wierd kid who has classroom pets as a home pet :D :Evil:
Reply

Mikayeel
06-08-2008, 02:58 AM
Ok ladies am bullied enough now, its to late am off sleepin :)

:sl:
Reply

truemuslim
06-08-2008, 02:59 AM
Originally Posted by Mu'minah421
^u want someone 2 hav a heartattack?!

oooh god just saw that!!

ewww

im still alive...

if i stop posting within 5 minutes...im dead :D:skeleton:
Reply

truemuslim
06-08-2008, 03:04 AM
Originally Posted by raOnar
Ok ladies am bullied enough now, its to late am off sleepin :)

:sl:

Lool, i wonder how much u get bullied at school :Evil: just kidding

If i was u i would get nightmares after even THINKING about buying a tarantula...

imaginne if it gets out of its cage thing and walks onto u...and into ur...mouuth..+o( :raging::skeleton: :X

k NOW im done :statisfie:statisfie
Reply

BlackMamba
06-08-2008, 03:11 AM
Dogs are actually useful pets, They serve a purpose. Cats just sit there thinking they own the house. Dogs are much more loyal and they can protect u when u need it. Did u see I am Legend? The dog was so tite in that movie. And the Quran mentions Dogs not Cats so that gives dogs the edge.
Reply

Armand
06-08-2008, 03:11 AM
Originally Posted by raOnar
:offended:

OK, that's it. Ban this guy! I won't be able to sleep for weeks. :okay:

''The Brazilian Black Tarantula has often been called the "best pet tarantula", with good reason. Brazilian Black Tarantulas are very docile, impressive, and hence the name, jet black tarantulas. They are in the same genus as the Chilean Rose Tarantula (Grammostola rosea), but are slightly larger and more active than Chilean Rose Tarantulas.
I wouldn't doubt it!

The Brazilian Black Tarantula, like the Chilean Rose Tarantula, has been known to go on fasts lasting several months.

So the black one isnt that bad!
Are they fasting Ramadhan now, or what? A Muslim tarantula... hmm... doesn't make sense.
Reply

truemuslim
06-08-2008, 03:14 AM
Originally Posted by Shakoor15
Dogs are actually useful pets, They serve a purpose. Cats just sit there thinking they own the house. Dogs are much more loyal and they can protect u when u need it. Did u see I am Legend? The dog was so tite in that movie. And the Quran mentions Dogs not Cats so that gives dogs the edge.

Yeh but they're ugly in everyway. lol
i kno the useful ones are cool, like theones that help the blind nd all.

Yeh i saw that movie, its sooo tiight, he killed his dog tho! See? Even Will smith hates dogs!

just kiddin i kno why he did it. lol

any NORMAL pet is better than a tarantula...or a snake.
Reply

Ayoub
06-08-2008, 03:43 AM
If you're looking for hairy + multiple legs, I would just get a kitten :P
Reply

snakelegs
06-08-2008, 03:55 AM
i know a lot of people consider critters like this disgusting.
but really, keeping one is kind of cool because you realize that even though they seem completely different than you, they're really not. like you, they want a comfortable safe place to live, food and water and to be free from harm or pain.
really all of god's creatures are awesome the more you learn about them!
(yeah - i know i'm a nutcase! :D)
tis true though.
Reply

truemuslim
06-08-2008, 03:58 AM
^ yeh but cmon, who really keeps bugs as pets other than ur science teacher? lol
oh well, sounds a bit...nevermind.. i think am bein brainwashed. lol

My brother used to take a lighter and burn bugs, he said they get to go to hell before us....:( so mean. and once he took a big brick and squished a frog, u can hear the bones! eww, and after that he took it to the middle of the road, the next day the road had green spots!
Reply

Malaikah
06-08-2008, 07:31 AM
Originally Posted by Shakoor15
Dogs are actually useful pets, They serve a purpose. Cats just sit there thinking they own the house. Dogs are much more loyal and they can protect u when u need it. Did u see I am Legend? The dog was so tite in that movie. And the Quran mentions Dogs not Cats so that gives dogs the edge.
:sl:

Dogs are actually najis (impure), well their saliva is anyway. It is also haram to keep dogs as pets, though it is permissible to keep cats.
Reply

BlackMamba
06-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Dogs are not haram to keep as pets as long as they are kept outside as guard dogs protecting the house. And I dont actually have a dog cuz of the reason u stated above and I dont really need a dog protecting my house. But Im just saying dogs are much more useful, even the People of the Cave had a dog as their companion.
Reply

aminahjaan
06-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by Malaikah
:sl:

Dogs are actually najis (impure), well their saliva is anyway. It is also haram to keep dogs as pets, though it is permissible to keep cats.
Cats rock, but they're balls of fur that don't like being touched. Their attitude's like Paris Hilton or something haha.
My cat's just a lazy bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, a useful pillow or blanket or some sort of device like that :o)
Reply

Malaikah
06-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by Shakoor15
Dogs are not haram to keep as pets as long as they are kept outside as guard dogs protecting the house. And I dont actually have a dog cuz of the reason u stated above and I dont really need a dog protecting my house. But Im just saying dogs are much more useful, even the People of the Cave had a dog as their companion.
That an exception to the rule though... the general ruling is that they aren't allowed but they can be kept when needed, such as guard dogs etc.:thumbs_up
Reply

BlackMamba
06-08-2008, 09:26 AM
"A dog can be owned for purposes such as the following:

1. A trained dog for hunting. Remember in Islam we are only allowed to hunt for food; there is no such thing as hunting for fun, for we are not allowed to kill or torture animals or drive them out of their habitats for the fun of it.

2. A trained dog as a guide. This would be the case if a person is blind and he/she has no choice but to keep a dog for essential services. In this case, it is permissible for him/her to keep a dog inside the house once it has been trained for service, but it is still recommended that the dog have its own sleeping arrangement.

3. A dog trained for police duties.

4. A guard dog to guard houses or property.

5. A dog used by farmers to shepherd cattle and sheep.


I found that online. These are the circumstances in which u can keep a dog.
Reply

aadil77
06-08-2008, 09:56 AM
aww man, you serious ? +o( What if that thing goes loose? it'll race after you with all those legs!! then you're a deadman :skeleton:

lol, good luck:thumbs_up
Reply

Snowflake
06-08-2008, 02:22 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

First! Do tarantulas bite? Erm, can they kill ya? :skeleton:

If not it's a kool choice. I fancied getting an African Grey, but then decided it'd do my head in with all it's yapping. What I really want is an iguana, or chameleon or that funny lizard with a beard that runs on two feet. I'd sit and watch TV with it resting on my shoulder. :D


wa alaikum asalam wr wb.
Reply

Mikayeel
06-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
asalam alaikum wr wb,

First! Do tarantulas bite? Erm, can they kill ya? :skeleton:

If not it's a kool choice. I fancied getting an African Grey, but then decided it'd do my head in with all it's yapping. What I really want is an iguana, or chameleon or that funny lizard with a beard that runs on two feet. I'd sit and watch TV with it resting on my shoulder. :D


wa alaikum asalam wr wb.
:sl:

Ofcourse they bite, they got some BIG FANGS!

here is a picture of the fangs, look how big dey are

http://people.uleth.ca/~holzmann/per..._tarantula.jpg

The venoum of a true tarantula is not known to be fatal to humans. However i have heard its pretty painfull!

iguana's are very nice animals!
Reply

Tania
06-08-2008, 02:56 PM
I can't imagine what kind of life will have the tarantula alone in your room. :-\
Will sit the whole day alone looking at walls. Did you study the tarantula life and habits :?
Reply

Snowflake
06-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by raOnar
:sl:

Ofcourse they bite, they got some BIG FANGS!

here is a picture of the fangs, look how big dey are

http://people.uleth.ca/~holzmann/per..._tarantula.jpg

The venoum of a true tarantula is not known to be fatal to humans. However i have heard its pretty painfull!

iguana's are very nice animals!
:omg: must be brave to want those then..

this is better - what a handsome dude! :thumbs_up




asalam alaikum wr wb.
Reply

Mikayeel
06-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by Tania
I can't imagine what kind of life will have the tarantula alone in your room. :-\
Will sit the whole day alone looking at walls. Did you study the tarantula life and habits :?
To be very honest, not yet, but ive always got snakelegs :) who am sure could fill me in with tips ( right :p)?

I am very adventureous i would like to discover its life and habits after looking at it, rather than reading it :)
Reply

Mikayeel
06-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
:omg: must be brave to want those then..

this is better - what a handsome dude! :thumbs_up




asalam alaikum wr wb.
That looks nice! I would love to have one of them, but they are so expensive! MashAllah sis u got a brave heart :D!

My whole family would die, if they just saw a little small innocent lizzard move a leg!

:w: wr wb
Reply

Snowflake
06-08-2008, 04:36 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

lol@brave.. am I the only 'brave' sis here? :p

it's weird though cuz I can't even touch a house spider and literally die if a fly comes near me! a dead fly fell on my arm once.. my blood chilled and goosebumps came up, I screamed and was in shock for a good ten minutes *shudders* lol the horror of it

Look at this awesome dude



And, I think these frilly lizards are awesome.. :thumbs_up
ever seen them running? hehe




wa alaikum asalam wr wb.
Reply

truemuslim
06-08-2008, 05:09 PM
^aw sis i was hoping u were being sarcastic!
lol
I've seen reptile things, iguana, lizard. almost died. loll
sickkk! had to be locked in a room with one!! :raging:
Reply

Snowflake
06-08-2008, 05:14 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

eh me? nah I'm so seriously in love with those lizards lol they're so beautiful sis.. look at those colours lol!

lol how was ur locked in a room with one? I'm jealous now! :giggling:

wa alaikum asalam wr wb
Reply

Güven
06-08-2008, 05:14 PM
The Thing Is im realy Affraid That I kill Them accidently and I dont Want Blood In my hands
And They Are so fast , When your walkin They can Come Under your feet and Then SPLASH +o( thats why im affraid of , I LIke animals thats why I dunt wanna hurt them :)
Reply

Mikayeel
06-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
asalam alaikum wr wb,

eh me? nah I'm so seriously in love with those lizards lol they're so beautiful sis.. look at those colours lol!

lol how was ur locked in a room with one? I'm jealous now! :giggling:

wa alaikum asalam wr wb
her bro locked her up loool!

So u are afraid of flies but not lizzards :p?

I dnt like flies, its not that am afraid i just dont like them.... its the sound when they fly it drives me nuts!
Reply

truemuslim
06-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
asalam alaikum wr wb,

eh me? nah I'm so seriously in love with those lizards lol they're so beautiful sis.. look at those colours lol!

lol how was ur locked in a room with one? I'm jealous now! :giggling:

wa alaikum asalam wr wb
Lool aww sis ur so cute! Lol

My brother locked me in a room in yemen after he found out there was a lizard in there, he told me to get soemthing from there, then said to turn around, i did, and a nightmare was there, lol, and we were home alone, :phew scary.
speaking of which, he so mean, i finally get to be home alone again, am all chillin, then HE walks in. :raging: lol. DURING HIS BREAK AT WORK! lol. oh well he gone now :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie :statisfie:D
Reply

truemuslim
06-08-2008, 05:18 PM
flies are annnoying!! bees are too! htey all do that annoying BUZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!! :raging:
there is one annoying me right now!! and i cant kill it coz its disgusting. u kno ther blood is sometimes red and sometimes a different color? ew

i would rather have a fly beter than a spider tho
Reply

Güven
06-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Yeaaah LOL There are some Flies That stick on you even if you move your hand and try get rid of them they still stick on you and dont move
thats annoyin As Hell :D
Reply

Mikayeel
06-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by *SAFA*
flies are annnoying!! bees are too! htey all do that annoying BUZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!! :raging:
there is one annoying me right now!! and i cant kill it coz its disgusting. u kno ther blood is sometimes red and sometimes a different color? ew

i would rather have a fly beter than a spider tho
Its green for real :)
Reply

truemuslim
06-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Güven
Yeaaah LOL There are some Flies That stick on you even if you move your hand and try get rid of them they still stick on you and dont move
thats annoyin As Hell :D

Loool yeh i know! haha, like u wave ur hand to make em go away instead they get on ur hand and stay!~!! :raging:'

but imagine if ur spider gets looose and starts crawlin everywhere? U cant call it like
"here boy, or here girl" like u do to cats and stuff. and u cant put fish there to attract it like a cat, and u cant put cheese there like u do to a rat +o(. nothin
so what would u do if it gets lost?! :exhausted
and also, what would u do if u wake up knowing all night a tarantula has been crawling on u? :phew
Reply

Güven
06-08-2008, 05:25 PM
No it was Yellow :D
Reply

truemuslim
06-08-2008, 05:26 PM
ew. lol
are u talkin bout fly blood?!
Reply

Güven
06-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by *SAFA*
Loool yeh i know! haha, like u wave ur hand to make em go away instead they get on ur hand and stay!~!! :raging:'

but imagine if ur spider gets looose and starts crawlin everywhere? U cant call it like
"here boy, or here girl" like u do to cats and stuff. and u cant put fish there to attract it like a cat, and u cant put cheese there like u do to a rat +o(. nothin
so what would u do if it gets lost?! :exhausted
and also, what would u do if u wake up knowing all night a tarantula has been crawling on u? :phew
LOL Sleepin With A TArantula Nice warmy Hairs Of them makin you warm all night Heheheh
Reply

Güven
06-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by *SAFA*
ew. lol
are u talkin bout fly blood?!

Yeaah No I tought It was Blue
Reply

truemuslim
06-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Güven
LOL Sleepin With A TArantula Nice warmy Hairs Of them makin you warm all night Heheheh
lool. wut if it walks into ur mouth or something +o( oooh thats sickkk!

Originally Posted by Güven
Yeaah No I tought It was Blue

fly blood?! loool
Reply

Mikayeel
06-08-2008, 05:41 PM
The insects blood is either colourless or faint green or yellow .if you have managed to kill a insect and you see red blood , you can be sure that red has come from the blood of some animal or human bieng animal has bitten.
Reply

Snowflake
06-08-2008, 05:45 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

Originally Posted by raOnar

So u are afraid of flies but not lizzards :p?

I dnt like flies its not that am afraid i just dont like them.... its the sound when they fly it drives me nuts!
Yeh same here.. I hate them cuz they're so dirty. I've actually been on a fly-hunting expedition.. seriously, I'm not joking. Some nasty rats died in my loft and cuz of that, there was like hundreds of flies in my house *ewwwwwwwww shudders* I got so much exercise in those days, cuz I was running around killing them. It was so bad and traumatic that I was seeing flies when I closed my eyes. Eventually, I got fly-killer spray and then played a mean trick on them. I closed the curtains leaving a gap and sprayed loads of fly killer there. The dumb flies would be attracted to the sunlight coming from the gap and zapppppp they'd be poisoned by my chemical attack! One day I picked up about 80 dead flies in one room! It was traumatic (for me not the flies) and tooks 3 weeks before they all died :exhausted :phew


Originally Posted by *SAFA*
Lool aww sis ur so cute! Lol

My brother locked me in a room in yemen after he found out there was a lizard in there, he told me to get soemthing from there, then said to turn around, i did, and a nightmare was there, lol, and we were home alone, :phew scary.
speaking of which, he so mean, i finally get to be home alone again, am all chillin, then HE walks in. :raging: lol. DURING HIS BREAK AT WORK! lol. oh well he gone now :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie :statisfie:D
lololololol ;D

Sorry for laughing but that's jus so funny sis! :D
I think ur on about them lizards that are common in hot countries innit? The yellowy ones? I seen them in Pak and used to throw my shoe at them! Sometimes my shot was bang on and their tails would fall off and move about on their own lol. Those I definitely do hate :p




wa alaikum asalam wr wb.
Reply

snakelegs
06-09-2008, 11:56 PM
raOnar,
so did you get the tarantula? what kind did you get?
Reply

snakelegs
06-10-2008, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
asalam alaikum wr wb,

First! Do tarantulas bite? Erm, can they kill ya? :skeleton:

If not it's a kool choice. I fancied getting an African Grey, but then decided it'd do my head in with all it's yapping. What I really want is an iguana, or chameleon or that funny lizard with a beard that runs on two feet. I'd sit and watch TV with it resting on my shoulder. :D


wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

berber skinks are really cute and friendly, though they spend a lot of time under the sand. i had one once.




you know iguanas get HUGE, yes? i don't really think they're a great pet.
bearded dragons are said to be very nice and mellow.

Reply

Snowflake
06-13-2008, 09:01 AM
oh not my type.. they look like snakes with legs. Not that I don't like snakes - just not look-alikes :D

you know iguanas get HUGE, yes? i don't really think they're a great pet.
bearded dragons are said to be very nice and mellow.
No I didn't know that. How big is big though? What about chameleons, I'm sure they remain a manageable size? :?
Reply

Simply_Logical
06-18-2008, 09:59 PM
yea bearded dragons are nice and mellow,



this is a really good forum for reptiles -
www.reptileforums.co.uk

Scents of Jannah,
there are quiet a few different chameleon species,
check out the forum above,
they can help with your questions!
btw i love the way they walk and
how they can their colours!
Reply

Mikayeel
06-18-2008, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by snakelegs
raOnar,
so did you get the tarantula? what kind did you get?
Hey snakelegs, sorry for some strange reason i ddnt see ur comment.

So ye i went down to the guys house, and looked at the spiders. However i have changed my mind! I did not really like them that much, my next move is going to be any kind of reptile!

He had different kinds, the most flamboyant being the blue cobalt! Thats the first one that caught my eye, had i bought one it would of been the cobalt! After reading how it behaves and its aggressive nature I changed my mind within seconds :p.
Reply

afzalaung
06-18-2008, 11:01 PM
What do i think?...i think you should get in touch with a therapist...lol ..j/k

i'ld be scared the skin out of me if i came across a spider such size...

thank god u aint gettin one now:D
lets move on to more conventional pets shall we?
Reply

Güven
06-18-2008, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by Güven
LOL Sleepin With A TArantula Nice warmy Hairs Of them makin you warm all night Heheheh

OMG did I wrote This ??? LOL

anyway
A Blue Cobalt Ha :D

Attachment 3407


Attachment 3408
This One looks Amazin

Attachment 3409
This ones , Omg what would you do when all of them escapes in your house LOOOL:D
Reply

arabianprincess
06-19-2008, 02:43 AM
Originally Posted by Simply_Logical
yea bearded dragons are nice and mellow,



this is a really good forum for reptiles -
www.reptileforums.co.uk

Scents of Jannah,
there are quiet a few different chameleon species,
check out the forum above,
they can help with your questions!
btw i love the way they walk and
how they can their colours!
omg i soooooooo hate em .. n im sooo scared of em.. actually when i was in yemen .. n we saw like these they always told me if they touch u then u ll get alll rash on u,... now i dont know if that true... but seriously they r soooo creappppyyyyyyy:enough!:
Reply

snakelegs
06-19-2008, 06:34 AM
Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
oh not my type.. they look like snakes with legs. Not that I don't like snakes - just not look-alikes :D


No I didn't know that. How big is big though? What about chameleons, I'm sure they remain a manageable size? :?
iguanas can get 4-6 feet long. the adult males can be aggressive. i don't think they make the greatest pets. a healthy adult iguana is something worth seeing though. they look extremely intelligent.
you can learn more here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Iguana
if you're really serious about getting an iguana, this is a Long, comprehensive article about their care.
http://www.anapsid.org/iguana/
also,they are vegetarians and you have to be pretty conscientious about providing the correct nutrition, minerals, etc
chameleons are much smaller and there are many different kinds. i don't know a whole lot about them. they are certainly fascinating to watch, even though they're not very active.
still, i would recommend bearded dragons or berber's skinks.
leopard geckos are also quite cool, small, mellow and very hardy.




whenever getting any reptile, it is best to read up about them first.

p.s. please see my last paragraph in my answer to raOnar.
Reply

snakelegs
06-19-2008, 06:41 AM
Originally Posted by raOnar
Hey snakelegs, sorry for some strange reason i ddnt see ur comment.

So ye i went down to the guys house, and looked at the spiders. However i have changed my mind! I did not really like them that much, my next move is going to be any kind of reptile!

He had different kinds, the most flamboyant being the blue cobalt! Thats the first one that caught my eye, had i bought one it would of been the cobalt! After reading how it behaves and its aggressive nature I changed my mind within seconds :p.
i've never had a blue cobalt. all my tarantulas are non-aggressive types.
well, of course i am biased. i like tarantulas but reptiles rock!

most places have reptile shows - there you can look at lots of different kinds of reptiles and buy one directly from a breeder. captive bred is much better than wild caught and most reptiles are now available as captive bred. the wild caught/imported ones usually have parasites.
there are also many herpetology (fancyspeak for reptiles & amphibians) groups that meet regularly and joining one of them is a good way to learn and interact with other reptile fans.
Reply

Simply_Logical
06-19-2008, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by arabianprincess
omg i soooooooo hate em .. n im sooo scared of em.. actually when i was in yemen .. n we saw like these they always told me if they touch u then u ll get alll rash on u,... now i dont know if that true... but seriously they r soooo creappppyyyyyyy:enough!:
arabianprincess, these actually originate from australia,
so it might not have been the one that you saw,
if you were in yemen,
you might have seen the yemen chameleon,
which i really like lol!

raOnar check out a crested gecko,
they have sticky adhesive feet so they can walk on glass and all sorts,
they also jump as well lol!
they also change colour from going dark to light & light to dark,
but dont change as in red to blue, if you get me? lol
the best thing is that you dont need to feed them crickets and so on,
because you can buy a crested gecko diet which you simply mix with water and feed them, they can solely live on just this diet.

check out these sites they are good..
http://www.captivebred.co.uk/crested_geckos.htm
http://www.treasurecrest.co.uk/
http://www.rhac-shack.co.uk/

here are some pics

Reply

SouLda_Gal
06-19-2008, 04:26 PM
omgggggggg ... yu realy gna hold dat ting in ur hand (nt dat its disgustin).. but omgg i wud feel rate... duno wah man ... buh oda dan diz.. i du lyk animals.. but nt deze types.. i lyk emm .. i dnt mind snakes actualy lol... or tigers etc.. aint seen any in real lyf doe lol
Reply

Tania
06-19-2008, 08:40 PM
This reptiles have a friendly face.
Reply

arabianprincess
06-19-2008, 08:46 PM
[QUOTE=Simply_Logical;962093]arabianprincess, these actually originate from australia,
so it might not have been the one that you saw,
if you were in yemen,
you might have seen the yemen chameleon,
which i really like lol!



lol .. i always group em all together lol ... well i shoulda been more clear about it... anywayz.. well i hate anything that fly moves walks crawles etc... :enough!: i cant stand em .. plus im scared of em... lol n u like em .. ur soo weird .... oh yeah i forgot .. its a guy thing ...i dont see how they r soo interesting... :rollseyes :D:):P
Reply

Mikayeel
06-19-2008, 08:46 PM
:sl: bro Simply_Logical

Thanks for the advice and websites! Much appreciated :)
Reply

Afifa
06-19-2008, 09:00 PM
ewwwwwwwwwwww :enough!: ......those reptiles are horrible..they look all slimay and scaly :raging:....i hate any types of creepy crawlies or reptiles.....just shudder looking at them :uuh:
Reply

Woodrow
06-19-2008, 09:03 PM
For all who are considering any type of pet. Please stop and think of the reasons you want it and be certain that at least part of the reasons are for the good of the creature. Pets are living creations and deserve the respect and protection all living creatures deserve.

When you do decide on a pet, learn all you can about it before getting one. Not just what it is like as a baby, but what it is like when grown.

all pets take a lot of work and time, be certain that you can afford the time to care properly for it and that your time spent will help you grow closer in love of Allaah(swt)
Reply

Simply_Logical
06-19-2008, 09:12 PM
nuthin wrong with them,
they're amazing creatures,
like they say, Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder!
they really fascinate me,
so that makes it a guy thing arabian princess? lol
(weirdo! lol :D)

Originally Posted by raOnar
:sl: bro Simply_Logical

Thanks for the advice and websites! Much appreciated :)
no problem bro! :D

Originally Posted by Woodrow
For all who are considering any type of pet. Please stop and think of the reasons you want it and be certain that at least part of the reasons are for the good of the creature. Pets are living creations and deserve the respect and protection all living creatures deserve.

When you do decide on a pet, learn all you can about it before getting one. Not just what it is like as a baby, but what it is like when grown.

all pets take a lot of work and time, be certain that you can afford the time to care properly for it and that your time spent will help you grow closer in love of Allaah(swt)
woodrow my brother thats standard,
i couldnt agree with you more,
its a serious responsibility,
not to be taken lightly :D
Reply

arabianprincess
06-20-2008, 02:03 AM
[QUOTE=Simply_Logical;962501]nuthin wrong with them,
they're amazing creatures,
like they say, Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder!
they really fascinate me,
so that makes it a guy thing arabian princess? lol
(weirdo! lol :D)



yeah only yall like em.i dont understand how that fascinate u .. . eww calm down calm down arabian princess :D n im not weird its just us females ( most) r not into that sorta things.. creapy .. i guess yall r into the grose creepy stuff ..... JK ;... anywayz .. salamz
Reply

Yanal
10-18-2008, 01:20 AM
:w:
Great idea did you get it yet? If so for how much(how old are you)? Your lucky mashallah your getting a trantula when my parents won't even allow me to get a cat
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-28-2011, 06:15 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-13-2009, 03:06 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-21-2009, 07:21 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 05:22 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!