/* */

PDA

View Full Version : favourite food

Nájlá
06-07-2008, 08:52 PM
:sl:

this thread is about ur favirote food.
can u tell me whats ur favirote food and the recipe of it and if u dont know the recipe of it then can u tell us how it looks like ar something about.

(btw noooooo am not hungry)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
06-07-2008, 08:54 PM

Interesting, as i am a food addict lol!

I will settle with Bosnian food! I can't name the foods but its just so delicious! THe turkish kitchen is nice aswell:)

aadil77
06-07-2008, 08:57 PM
pizza, chips, chicken and lamb doner, burgers

barbeque tikka, sheesh kebabs, pakistani chinese food :shade:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
06-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Saag di laasi.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ali.
I love Indian food! :D
Especially spicy Indian food...

aadil77
format_quote Originally Posted by raOnar

Interesting, as i am a food addict lol!

I will settle with Bosnian food! I can't name the foods but its just so delicious! THe turkish kitchen is nice aswell:)
hopefully thats not plain and flavourless like lebonese food!

Nájlá
06-07-2008, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
I love Indian food! :D
Especially spicy Indian food...
so do i. my mum has a pakistani friend and when we go and vist her she cooks so much and they r soooo spicy. but it is so nice.

Ali.
06-07-2008, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by najla93
so do i. my mum has a pakistani friend and when we go and vist her she cooks so much and they r soooo spicy. but it is so nice.
Lol.

I'm not talking about Pakistani food. Never really tried that. But Indian food, you know? Cooked by...Indians...
OK I don't know who really cooks it. But it's called Indian food. :p

truemuslim
06-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Arab food.....well to narrow it down yemeni food, mayb other countries too but fave is yemeni food...

and then deliicious pizza nd all dem.

Hows indian food, everyone loves indian food. sounds so good

oh yeh i like spicy too..well not when my cousins make it coz u cant really taste nothin but spiciness. lol

am hungry.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
06-07-2008, 09:18 PM
other food I like is Masala Fish in Fresh nan, chicken steaks, tandoori chicken..

sweet dishes - rasmalaaaiiiiii, flooda, mango laasi, ermm...

aadil77
06-07-2008, 09:19 PM
^ pakistani food is much better than indian, pakistanii has mor flavour :D

see for youself at pak ind restaurents

Snowflake
06-07-2008, 09:20 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

Alhumdulillah, I think I must've eaten so much in my life that I've kinda gone off it. So I can't think of a favourite right now. Maybe it's tea lol.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

Mikayeel
06-07-2008, 09:21 PM
I like indian, pakistani nd bengali food alot!

I need to make more friends of them so i can go to there house nd munch :p

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
06-07-2008, 09:28 PM
You can come to my house lol

Nájlá
06-07-2008, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
Lol.

I'm not talking about Pakistani food. Never really tried that. But Indian food, you know? Cooked by...Indians...
OK I don't know who really cooks it. But it's called Indian food. :p
i know but pakistani food is like indian food just a little bit different

Ali.
06-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Oh, well I've never had it so I wouldn't know. :)

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
06-07-2008, 09:33 PM
I think there are slight differences between Pakistani, indian, bengali etc food

its good to try diffrent food though

AvarAllahNoor
06-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Panjabi, English, Greek, Chinese, Thai, Italian, these are my favourite foods. Yummy!

AvarAllahNoor
06-07-2008, 09:35 PM
How different is it? all looks/tastes the same to me. Dhaal, Roti, Sabzi etc etc.

Nájlá
06-07-2008, 10:45 PM

AvarAllahNoor
06-07-2008, 10:56 PM
Ewww that's all meat!! :(

Nájlá
06-07-2008, 10:57 PM
dont u like meat

Mikayeel
06-07-2008, 11:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Ewww that's all meat!! :(
meat rocks! Not so much lamb meat, but beef nd chicken:)

AvarAllahNoor
06-07-2008, 11:04 PM
Sikhs don't eat meat. Vegetarians!

YusufNoor
06-07-2008, 11:10 PM
Rack of Goat! smothered in garlic and mustard! hmmmmmmmmmmm! :D

T-Bone steak with Montreal steak seasoning! :thumbs_up

rice mixed with caramelized onions!

fresh made carrot juice with parsley, cucumber, celery juice and the juice of 1 apple!

strawberry and honeydew melon juice! :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

the pulp from the strawberry and honeydew melon juice mixed with nonfat milk and yogurt and bananas! :statisfie

none are a "food" per se, my wife and i have invented a "new" cuisine! :beard: :muslimah:

:happy:

Güven
06-07-2008, 11:42 PM
Lool FOOOD

oke here is A couple of My favourites

Attachment 3379

Turkish Food Called Sarma Its Like Wineleafes wrapped around with Some tasty Filling Its Soooo Delicious I just ate It yesterday and today and maybe tomorrow inshallah :D

Attachment 3381

Lahmacun - Turkish Pizza Yummy :statisfie

Attachment 3382

And Turkish Köfte :D Delicious

Im Gettin Hungry Now LOok AT THIS FOOD :laugh:

And Btw I DOnt Eat ONLY turkish food :D

Mikayeel
06-07-2008, 11:47 PM
^ salam bro:)

I know the first pic, the one with the vine leafs! We eat that alot! Taste very nice, with rice and minced meat.

The second one is turkish pizza innit:p(ooh it says it underneath it duuuh lol), aaah having lived in holland to much lol ^_^

Mikayeel
06-07-2008, 11:49 PM
Man i swear to god am so hungry now, problem is everyone is sleeping nd i will wake them up if i try to make sum food!

Aahh gna be a longgg night!

Güven
06-07-2008, 11:54 PM
^Loool me neither oo wait there is some sarma Left im gooin eat Thaaaat
* sneaky Goin To the kitchen with no noise makin* :D

and btw Yeah in holland there are turkish resautarants in every corner Lol

And Omg I cant keep my eyes on that Turkish pizza it looks sooo perfect on that Pic

truemuslim
06-08-2008, 12:08 AM
Mashallah bro guven we make that first picture all the time, sometimes with cabbage, but it tastes much better wit wine leaves, we put minced meat and cooked rice in it then some hot sauce on top after its done, its soo good...

truemuslim
06-08-2008, 12:09 AM

Lool sis i glance at that pic then scroll up and back to it and its another pic and i think am crazy coz it was another picture last time! LOL
hehe. now i know its flashing. lol

Güven
06-08-2008, 12:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
Mashallah bro guven we make that first picture all the time, sometimes with cabbage, but it tastes much better wit wine leaves, we put minced meat and cooked rice in it then some hot sauce on top after its done, its soo good...
Lol Everyone is makin it :D
And I agree We makin it with cabbage too but With Wineleaves is much more tastier, like Now, im eatin it and...... now I Finished it LOL

truemuslim
06-08-2008, 12:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
Lol Everyone is makin it :D
And I agree We makin it with cabbage too but With Wineleaves is much more tastier, like Now, im eatin it and...... now I Finished it LOL

lol yeh

I kno, with wineleaves its delicious!
hah LOL, you eat it alot dont u

its so easy to make, its just the waiting while it cooks that makes u suffer coz thats when the smelllll comes...:statisfie 'mmmmmmmmmm

Güven
06-08-2008, 12:32 AM
No we dont realy make it alot Just 10 times in A month Just kiddin atmost twice a month :)
we mostly eat Riced Foods and This kind of food
Attachment 3383

Its Called Börek:D

truemuslim
06-08-2008, 12:34 AM
Ooh , lol, i was gna convince my mum to be lettin us make it more often, coz everyone else is doin it, lol, but nevermind then, we make it like twice a month too...makes it better, you kno, that way when we finally get it, its like "Fiinally!" lol instead of "Oh this again..." \

that looks soooo good, is that turkish food?
'mm im gettin hungrier now.

Güven
06-08-2008, 12:41 AM
^Lol Yeah Exactly, it makes it more tastier too lol:D

and Yeah Thats Turkish And its very easy to make Just make or buy Puff pastry and do some stuff in it like cheese , meat or spinach(+o() and bake it and its ready :D

truemuslim
06-08-2008, 12:46 AM
Ooh. sounds like one of the food we make, i thnk its lebenese but everyone makes it, its called Fatira, with spinach its sickkk, i hate spinach. but i like itt wit meeat. yumm, lol

this is some arab food, its sweets, not like dinner or notin. lol.

i used to be obsessed wit it. lool\

and guess wut this is (evvery one HAS to know! LOL)

Güven
06-08-2008, 12:53 AM
OMG the First On Is Baklava Its turkish Too
probably It comes from The Ottoman Empire thats why it Spread through All the arab countries and turkey Lol We have the same food :D

and the second one Whats That LOL :D???? ..........No realy whats that ???

truemuslim
06-08-2008, 12:55 AM
OMG the First On Is Baklava Its turkish Too
probably It comes from The Ottoman Empire thats why it Spread through All the arab countries and turkey Lol We have the same food :D

and the second one Whats That LOL :D???? ..........No realy whats that ???

Oh really? Wow then everyone loves it. lol
Baklava! yeh! i forgot its name!!

the second is Hummus, or, Hommus, its goood, everyone knows it how u not know it , lol, americans eat it too! LOL heres a better pic of it.

Güven
06-08-2008, 01:05 AM
That looks so delicious mmm
And I just read that They make it in Turkey Too :D , Lol im gonna Ask My MOm tomorrow maybe she knows and its easy to make I think :D

Mikayeel
06-08-2008, 01:31 AM

Baqlawa is originally turkish innit?

Yep homous is very easy to make:)

Khayal
06-08-2008, 01:32 AM

I eat every halal food, as long as it is made perfectly....means delicious...:thumbs_up

so, I can't make a list of my fav..:skeleton:

:w:

truemuslim
06-08-2008, 01:46 AM
That looks so delicious mmm
And I just read that They make it in Turkey Too :D , Lol im gonna Ask My MOm tomorrow maybe she knows and its easy to make I think :D

Hummus? U can buy some from the store mayb, its easier, lol. here theres an arabic market, they put this deliiiicious sweet pepper on it, it tastes sooooo good!

U can buy hummus seeds and mash em up, then put lemon and olive oil...'mmm i want some now :statisfie

aminahjaan
06-08-2008, 02:31 AM
Okay everyone will think I'm crazy but I really like sushi. I'm Pakistani so I have wayyyy too much indian/paki food.
I'm in love with Persian Ice cream it has like a gummy texture and rosewater it's really good. :D

But I have a REALLY high metabolism, so I can't have a lot :(

But trust me, for all the zabiha meat eaters, sushi is not half bad! Lol well depending on the rawness of the food. ehh the raw bit sounded gross haha.

Mikayeel
06-08-2008, 02:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aminahgorilla
Okay everyone will think I'm crazy but I really like sushi. I'm Pakistani so I have wayyyy too much indian/paki food.
I'm in love with Persian Ice cream it has like a gummy texture and rosewater it's really good. :D

But I have a REALLY high metabolism, so I can't have a lot :(

But trust me, for all the zabiha meat eaters, sushi is not half bad! Lol well depending on the rawness of the food. ehh the raw bit sounded gross haha.
I to like sushi :), only the vegetarion one though. I can't be eating raw fish nd prawns +o(

Pen Marks
06-08-2008, 02:37 AM
i loove any kind of sweets :D
and Paki foods are delicios a bit spicy but i really like them :D

Pen Marks
06-08-2008, 02:38 AM
http://www.islamicboard.com/attachme...food-sarma.jpg

^ we make em with grapeleaves (wara' 3inab)

aminahjaan
06-08-2008, 08:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mu'minah421
http://www.islamicboard.com/attachme...food-sarma.jpg

^ we make em with grapeleaves (wara' 3inab)
Oh dang that makes me hungryyyy

Snowflake
06-08-2008, 11:07 AM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

But I have a REALLY high metabolism, so I can't have a lot
You have a low metabolic rate sis. High means you can eat a lot without putting on weight.

Anyway, am I the only one who feels sick with all this food talk? And I'm not even anorexic :p

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

aminahjaan
06-09-2008, 04:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
asalam alaikum wr wb,

You have a low metabolic rate sis. High means you can eat a lot without putting on weight.

Anyway, am I the only one who feels sick with all this food talk? And I'm not even anorexic :p

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.
HA! I knew that's what it meant, but some uncle corrected me on that,
I'll confront him later,
I don't feel sick! I feel HUNGRY!!

Snowflake
06-09-2008, 08:24 AM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

lol ok sis :p

I do like bangers and mash with gravy now and again. But to be honest we should be eating a lot less than we are.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb

north_malaysian
06-09-2008, 08:38 AM
I love noodles, pastas and sandwiches!!

north_malaysian
06-09-2008, 08:47 AM

Penang Assam Laksa
(Hot and Sour Noodles in Fish Soup)

Ingredients:

1 lb Mackerel fish
8 cups water
5 pieces assam keping (peeled tamarind)
1 pack dried laksa noodles

Spice Paste:

12 dried red chilies (de-seeded)
5 fresh red chilies (de-seeded)
8 small shallots
2 teaspoons belacan
1 stalk lemon grass (use only the white part, about 6 inches)

Tamarind Juice:

Tamarind (about golf ball size)
1/2 cup water (repeat 3-4 times)

Seasonings:

1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon fish sauce

Garnishing:

1 cucumber (julienned)
1 bunch mint leaves (use only the leaves)
1 bunch polygonum leaves/Vietnamese mint leaves (daun kesom/daun laksa)
1 bungan kantan (cut into small pieces)
1 red onion (sliced thinly)
1 lettuce (thinly cut)
1 red chili/3-4 bird's eye chilies (cut into small slices)
1 small pineapple (cut into short strips)

Condiment:

Heh Ko/Prawn Paste

Method:

Clean the fish, remove scales and guts. In a pot, bring 8 cups of water to boil. Add in the fish and boil for about 10 minutes. Transfer the cooked fish out into a bowl and let cool. Strain the fish stock, then add in the peeled tamarind, and the polygonum leaves and continue to boil in low heat.

Wet your hands constantly with a bowl of water, pick the flesh out of all the fish and discard the bones. Break the fish meat into tiny pieces and put the fish back into the stock, cover the lid, and lower the heat.

Using a mini food processor, grind the spice paste until fine. Heat up a wok and saute the spice paste with cooking oil for about 6-8 minutes or until it smells aromatic and spicy. Transfer the spice paste into the boiling stock.

Extract the tamarind juice and add it into the stock. Strain the tamarind juice and keep the seed. Repeat it 3-4 times with 1/2 cup of water each time to make sure you extract all the essence from the tamarind. Continue to taste your Assam Laksa stock to make sure it's sour and to your liking. For seasoning, add sugar, salt, and fish sauce.

Prepare the laksa noodles by following the packaging instructions. In a serving bowl, add in the laksa noodles and garnish all vegetables on top. Pour the Assam Laksa soup into the bowl and serve immediately with a spoonful of Heh Ko/prawn paste.

Cook's Notes:
  1. For the best laksa noodles, please use Mount Elephant brand "Guilin Rice Vermicelli" (象山牌桂林濑粉) found at Asian/Vietnamese stores. (In Vietnamese, it's called Bun Bo Hue Guilin.) It's very smooth and exactly like the laksa noodles back home. If you are lucky, you might even find the fresh ones.
  2. For a good alternative, try LaiFen Rice Stick/中山濑粉 from Guangdong, China.
  3. Fresh rice noodles or laifen/濑粉 are available in Asian grocery stores, but I don't like the texture: they are a tad too thick and not smooth enough.
  4. Canned sardines DO NOT make good Penang Assam Laksa. They make the soup base fishy and unappetizing. There is no shortcut to making great Assam Laksa, you just have to find certain freshest fish and make it from scratch.
P.S.: I heard that New York-based Chef Pelaccio of Fatty Crab fame claimed Assam Laksa to be the ultimate Malaysian dish. Personally, I think this Malaysian Assam Laksa fish soup tastes much better than French Soupe de Poisson (fish soup). *wink*

Source: http://www.rasamalaysia.com/2008/02/...sam-laksa.html

SouLda_Gal
06-09-2008, 04:15 PM
omgggg i luv all foood... i luv eating looooooool.... i eat day n nyt hahha lol no but seriously i eat soo much... but i love roti.. chawal.. etc basicaly paki food.. and also lyk burgers chips etc basicaly junk food.... but ermmm.. i aint realy tastd any other kinda food... lyk indian or turkish food... omggggggggg once and only once i had arab tea and it was sooo not nice that i was kinda feelin sik al day... wel i drank it koz i went town and they had this stall thing on and there was a lil snaks n all.... so the man sed its really nice tea... so me n ma sis n mate drank it and omgg... i duno how they made it.. it had no sugar at all... ... but yeh iv had arab sweets.. they be rate nyc... and im dying wid hunger nowwwwwww wanaaaaaaaaa eat nowwwwww!!!!!!!!
lol bst b of finabit

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.