/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why are we like this?!

truemuslim
06-07-2008, 09:37 PM
Assalamu alaikum everyone

well...i just couldnt help notice, i been thinkin alot bout this.

Well...its the ummah, where is it?

Like seriously, the other day ago when i was at a store, me and my mom see some arab muslim lady in the store, and what i noticed is the way they reacted, like "omg another arab, run run run!" It pissed me off, like seriously, that lady walked the opposite way right when she saw us, and my mom pretended like she didnt see her, i was ready to say assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu, and i didnt, coz they left, why is it like this?
and that SAME DAY, we went to another place, and this nicce convert lady comes by, and I see her, she walks by and says assalamu alaikum, with this beautiful smile, and i smile back and say wa 3alaikum assalam wa rahmatullah wa barakatu, and we TALK a lil, she says she is proud she found islam and all. and then we walk away...

But see the difference, notice how WE born muslims should be more knowledgable in islam and show the converts how we muslims are, instead each muslim AVOIDS each other, and its been more cases than what i mentioned, if it wasnt then i would say JUST THAT LADY was like that.

Why are we like this man??

And us muslims are totally twisted now, in iraq the muslims verses the muslims are killing each other, Shi'a vs Sunnah, why? I thought it was JUST MUSLIM.
Muslims get into fights in schools, seen em myself, muslims start doing bad rapping (thugz, cops, girls, clubs, money), seen, and lived with them myself.
Those are the young ones living in america, but what about the OLD ones with experience?

What the heck is happening?
WHat if we all die suddenly? What will you tell allah???? That they didnt say assalamu alaikum to YOU first??? That THEY started the fight? That THEY taught u to rap bad stuff???
WHAT???

Is anyone else noticing how this world is so freakin twisted, muslims and NON MUSLIMs. is like everyone suddenly brainwashed???

Ok dats all...
WaSalaam
and be the best muslim u can b :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truemuslim
06-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Oh yeh now remember the other part...

Hajj...
do you guys even notice how peopel abuse the forgiveness they get in hajj??

When you pass by a muslim who is sinning, like listening to music or drinking or something, you ask them if they know its haram, they say yeh, you ask em why they're doin it, there answer pisses you off.
they usually say because they can sin right now, because they will go to hajj the next month or so, meaning Allah "will" forgive them, and you tell them they cant be sure they will even live that long, they say that they have lived from yesterday to today, whats gonna happen from that day to the time they go to hajj? thats the stupidest thing anyone could say tho

and they do say that btw

you tell them, ok whatever, but you wont be forgiven unless your hajj is sincere, and they say that they will be sincere when they are there,

wouldnt that be....fake, sincerity,?

I mean, like, people think they can do whatever haram they want now, just because they think they will be able to make it to hajj and ask for forgiveness....

isnt that stupppid?

------
06-09-2008, 10:57 AM
:salamext:

What I've noticed, is that most of the time, Converts are more serious about their religion than born Muslims, and they do not take it for granted, like we do.

aadil77
06-09-2008, 11:00 AM
why do all your thread have to end with 'YO'!

:enough!::D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
06-09-2008, 11:01 AM
your talking about the people who takes Allahs mercy to the extreme.

thats the common extreme... then theres those who take Allahs wrath to the extreme and fall into despair, and thnk "flip it, we'll just go to hell"

these people need to learn to strike the balance..

as for the reverts vs born muslims.

for real we all stray and then find islam, the born muslims stray... the muslims you met, they just need to find islaam...

to me starting to practise is like reverting... seriously

Assalamu Alaikum

------
06-09-2008, 11:09 AM

I get where the sis is coming from though. Like I know some people that don't pray, fast, etc. and say 'We'll go to Paradise in the end anyway because we are Muslims'

That is taking Allaah's Mercy to the extreme, right?

Soulja Girl
06-09-2008, 11:11 AM
:sl:

^Yeh, they are just messin around wiv Allah, crackheads. Grr...

format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

What I've noticed, is that most of the time, Converts are more serious about their religion than born Muslims, and they do not take it for granted, like we do.
^Yeh, converts appreciate Islam very much and they take care of that unlike us who take everythin for granted init. May Allah guide us all...

:w:

Souljette
06-09-2008, 11:12 AM

I agree with Bro IbnAbdulHakim about the fact that starting to practice is like reverting..couple years back i dint even know what an Ummah meant..i didnt' care but now i look at people i smile at sisters ..i give salaam..i remember in the states dere were times that i would give salam even whn i just newly started to practice...and those bangali and pakistani aunties wuld walk by like nothings goin on..that would hurt cuz i expected an answer..I met reverted sisters and honestly they were like my blood sisters..i felt like family..like my bst frnds here are two african american sisters..mother and daughter and the mother is a revert..mashallah the way she fears allah and the way she does things is just why i luk up to her..I think the ummah needs to wake up

------
06-09-2008, 11:13 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady
May Allah guide us all...

Ameen sis...

format_quote Originally Posted by Souljette
I think the ummah needs to wake up
Yup... imsad

Souljette
06-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Ameen to the dua's

SouLda_Gal
06-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Ameen...
true mann but you kno wat all this hapens rate lot round ma end... i mean if im walkin and see sisters and even wen intendin 2 jus giv a smile they lyk turn away in a whooosh lol.. and 2 be honest i jus find it sooo funny..... but iv noticd one thing its neva lyk this with the brothers ... i mean you see brothers who dnt even kno each other and do salaam and even handshake n dat which is soo kwl.. but neway peace out

truemuslim
06-09-2008, 10:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SouLda_Gal
Ameen...
true mann but you kno wat all this hapens rate lot round ma end... i mean if im walkin and see sisters and even wen intendin 2 jus giv a smile they lyk turn away in a whooosh lol.. and 2 be honest i jus find it sooo funny..... but iv noticd one thing its neva lyk this with the brothers ... i mean you see brothers who dnt even kno each other and do salaam and even handshake n dat which is soo kwl.. but neway peace out
YEH! I forgot that part!
THe brothers when they meet,(wel...most of them) they go "Heyyy brother! Where you been" and all dat, you kno they smile and all, btu why us sisters like this?!

Yh, THey learned Islam, They probably look up to the born muslims, seeing how they are, you know when peopel want to learn about islam, the first thing they see is the MUSLIMS, but we arent a good example at all, people are so ignorant, they should look at THE RELIGION not the MUSLIMS, Inshallah we can all be better muslims!
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
why do all your thread have to end with 'YO'!

:enough!::D
:D hehe lol
wuttup wit u yo?!
Wut yo problemm yo?!
Get over it...YO!
lol
seriously tho it sounds cool...:D:statisfie

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
your talking about the people who takes Allahs mercy to the extreme.

thats the common extreme... then theres those who take Allahs wrath to the extreme and fall into despair, and thnk "flip it, we'll just go to hell"

these people need to learn to strike the balance..

as for the reverts vs born muslims.

for real we all stray and then find islam, the born muslims stray... the muslims you met, they just need to find islaam...

to me starting to practise is like reverting... seriously

Assalamu Alaikum
Yeh, i kno, i didnt know barely anything bout islam, alhamdulillah i joined LI!! Jazakallah khair for ur reply its very true! :statisfie

I get where the sis is coming from though. Like I know some people that don't pray, fast, etc. and say 'We'll go to Paradise in the end anyway because we are Muslims'

That is taking Allaah's Mercy to the extreme, right?
yeh, i kno, i see people like that at the masjid and all! I tell them why dont you pray? dont u fear hell? and they go , we're gonna go to jannah anyway, coz we're muslims" am like :enough!: omg.

format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady
Yeh, converts appreciate Islam very much and they take care of that unlike us who take everythin for granted init. May Allah guide us all...

jzakallah khairaa
and ameen!

Güven
06-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Omg Why did I missed This Thread , Im The one who sees those people All the time 24/7
(Ofcourse not while sleepin :D ) They are soo arrogant these days they dont even say Asalamu Aleykoum anymore , and now they dont even see you and shake your hand cause they have now big cars , big chains on their neck with all those haram money they have earned , and allots of hypocrites on my school , you cant even say if they are muslim or not , even worse than kuffar.

truemuslim
06-09-2008, 11:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
Omg Why did I missed This Thread , Im The one who sees those people All the time 24/7
(Ofcourse not while sleepin :D ) They are soo arrogant these days they dont even say Asalamu Aleykoum anymore , and now they dont even see you and shake your hand cause they have now big cars , big chains on their neck with all those haram money they have earned , and allots of hypocrites on my school , you cant even say if they are muslim or not , even worse than kuffar.
lol

Yeh, once we were in the store, and some guy walk by with a big chain with a $ sign on it and loooow jeans, taaaaalll shirt, 'gangsta' hat and cigarette comes and says "asslaamu alaikum bro where u been?!" to my bro, and am like..:omg: did my bro help someone convert?! but no, this guy was some BORN muslim guy who knew my bro from his school, and whenever he raps he has to include girls, money, cars, drinking, drugs, cops, killing, and all dat.

HOW is THAT a muslim?!

And some people we know own gas stations, they sooo rich, they selfish too, and all there money is HARAM!!< they steal, sell beer/wine, and some other haraaaaaam things! :raging:

oh yeh, they were born muslims....sad..

And how can converts look up to this when they try and learn more about there NEW deen?!

Souljette
06-10-2008, 03:24 PM
which is why converts or reverts don't look up to them dey study the religion and start seeing what's rong and what's right but the sad thing is we don't know how to put up a good impression...I've heard muslim guys chillin with non muslims and the way they act is the exact same..dey don't say it's rong instead they go along with it..I mean be proud to be muslim..Over here in Dubai muslim give hard times to other muslims..I mean in schools well schools are jst money makin machines ova here..you gotta pay like 20000 Dhs or more and thats all they care about..wit the teachers dey treat them badly they don't pay them on time..Where is the representation of Islam where is the honesty ..where is the love? Selfish people i tell you

truemuslim
06-11-2008, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Souljette
which is why converts or reverts don't look up to them dey study the religion and start seeing what's rong and what's right but the sad thing is we don't know how to put up a good impression...I've heard muslim guys chillin with non muslims and the way they act is the exact same..dey don't say it's rong instead they go along with it..I mean be proud to be muslim..Over here in Dubai muslim give hard times to other muslims..I mean in schools well schools are jst money makin machines ova here..you gotta pay like 20000 Dhs or more and thats all they care about..wit the teachers dey treat them badly they don't pay them on time..Where is the representation of Islam where is the honesty ..where is the love? Selfish people i tell you

lol yeh theyr selfish! :raging: Why do people who teach quran put such a huge price on it?! Omg.
If you were to be thinking of converting to christianity and you happen to live in the u.s. who would you look at? where will you start?? im sure you will first look at the Country itself, look at bush, look at the murderers, why isnt it against there religion you would think?
But thats how most people are these days, plain ignorant.

You know in detroit and all, when i go to like my cousins wedding or something, and theyr at the house. and they sit ther smoking da sheesha! im just like :omg: what the hell are you doing?! two mintues ago you were makin fun of people who smoke cigarette and now you smokin dis?! and dey like , so wut its not haram, and im like, says who?! and dey like, well arabs do it so why not? and am like , do you think all arabs are muslims?! YOU are arab what the hell is up witu?! Besides haram is according to quran and hadith not to culture! omggg they so ignorant!
THey claiming what they want to be haram and what they want to not be haram. :raging:

wuttup wit dis?!

Souljette
06-11-2008, 06:00 PM

Ye thats why you know therez a saying even one person can make a difference..but u know waht ofcourse Allah (S.W.T) gotta help us to make a difference..We can't talk about these people who aren't doin anything if we see them we gotta say something.. TIme has come and we shouldnt be afraid of saying what we know is rong...I give salaam ..i don't get it back o well..I tell people what's wrong and what's right because I DON"T WANT to be held Accountable for them..i just do my job and go on..they are ignorant enough to leave the advice o well...thats why sis..just you gotta do what you gotta do in the end..we can't leave them like dis..we have to say someting too because when day of Judgement comes we'll b held accountable for not telling them ...so Inshallah let's start with us first

truemuslim
06-11-2008, 06:08 PM
I do that, whenever i get the chance
Inshallah this ummah can become much better.
the day is very very very close. We arent ready...

Afraa
06-11-2008, 06:15 PM
Safa I totally agree with you, It's like muslims are afraid to say they are muslim. I also think that they are too caught up in this world that they forget the afterlife. They say they are muslims but they don't know anything about the religion, and when told to like it's like it's a burden or something.

May Allah forgive us all and lead us to the right path, inshallah

Souljette
06-11-2008, 06:30 PM
What really gets to me is the fact that these people are ashamed to say they are muslims when asked what religion they are..it's really sad..you ask them are you muslims and they hesitate and go ye i guess..i get sooo pissedd most of teh time guys nd real young..i tell them whats rong wit you..ashamed to say you muslim? then they start feelin embarassed.>Siss Safa your rite the day is very near..what wit shepherds building skyscrapers, women barely dressed, Zina everywhere..Astaghfirullah

truemuslim
06-11-2008, 07:09 PM
Both right! Ameen to afraa's dua! :)

Inshallah we arent being hypocrites here (well..other than me) and inshallah we try to make a change in this world, make sincere dua, make great prayers, talk to people, think people! Why are we in this world???! Its not to go shopping is it!? no! its like its time for asr prayer and ur heading out to the store on that time, but you think "aw dang its time for prayer!" then you realize the store is gna close in 15 min. or so, so you dont have time to pray. what do you do?! YOU GO TO THE STORE! I see this from my own experience, but alhmadulillah i just stay home alone coz my parents never agree wit me with this! :cry:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!