/* */

PDA

View Full Version : In Good Company - The Lectures on the Sahaba Series

Ibn Al Aqwa
06-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Assalamu 'Alaykum

Alhamdulillaah, Fisabeelillah.Com will soon be posting the greatest collection of lectures available in English, on the lives of the Sahabah. The lectures are presented in a very detailed manner, some companions, the Imaam takes weeks, of daily lectures, to go through their life.

It was once said to ‘Abdullah bin Al-Mubaarak, “After you have prayed with us you don’t sit with us?” He replied, “I go and sit with the Sahaabah and the Taabi’een.” We said, “And how can you sit with the Sahaabah and Taabi’een (when they have all passed away)?” He replied, “I go and read the knowledge I have collected, I find their narrations and deeds. What would I do with you? You sit around backbiting people”

The Ummah has witnessed a steady decline of emaan, people of knowledge, and those whom Allaah describes in Surah Ali ‘Imran. “Let their arise out of you a band of people inviting to that is good, enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong. Such are they who are successful”. [Ali ‘Imran] The most superior and noble example of these people, in the Ummah of Muhammad (SAW), is without doubt, the Sahaba. May Allaah be pleased with them. In them, we find the most beautiful examples, of character, generosity, sacrifice, piety, belief in the hereafter, abstaining from the haraam, rushing to the halaal, fighting for the truth, and love for the Messenger of Allaah. It is through these noble men, can we see how we should act as Muslims, and aspire to have their desirable traits. The rank of the Sahaba, is evident, from the numerous verses of the Qur’an, revealed about them and their situations. Such is the rank of these great companions, that Allaah makes frequent mention of them in the noble Qur’an. Such is the rank of these people, that the Allaah chose, to be the friends, and supporters of his final Messenger.

So let us aspire to be like them and let us desire to be with them in the hereafter.

"And the first to lead the way, of the Muhajirin and the Ansar, and those who followed them in goodness - Allah is well pleased with them and they are well pleased with Him, and He hath made ready for them Gardens underneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide for ever. That is the supreme triumph." [Tawbah]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Al Aqwa
06-08-2008, 07:21 PM

The Life of Sa'ad Ibn Abu Waqqas

Sa’ad Ibn Abu Waqqas, one of the elite 10 promised paradise, the one who's du’aa was always answered, the one who first shed the blood of a non-Muslim for the sake of Allaah, the one who conquered the Persian empire, the one who lead an army across a river walking on the water, where does this mans virtue and status end? Imam Yusuf Al Hanbali in fine detail goes through the life of this great man, over a period of 14 days, this series of lectures will leave you in amazement and a sound knowledge of this great sahabi.

[ 14 Parts, roughly half an hour each ]

Download

JazakAllaah to iDawah.Com for server space.

For Instant Updates: http://fisabeelillah.com/forum/index.php?tid=1348

Pure Imaan
06-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Jazakhallah my brother for the lectures, I will download then and listen to them straight away, may Allah (swt) reward you for your good intentions.

Ibn Al Aqwa
06-09-2008, 05:37 AM
BarakAllaahu feeki ukhtee.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cute123
06-09-2008, 06:15 AM
Jazakallah Khair , akhee its a gr8 resource

Ibn Al Aqwa
06-15-2008, 03:23 PM
^Wa Iyyaaki

The Life Of Abdur-Rahmaan Ibn Auf (RA)

Hadhrat Abdur-Rahmaan Ibn Awf (RA), was amongst the earliest to accept Islam, and was amongst the richest of the sahabah, in wealth, and deeds. The Imaam, over a period of 12 days explores the life and character of this noble man, from his acceptance of Islaam, the wars he participated in, life under the reign of the caliphs, and the departure of this great man. Once, affectionately titled “The Chief of the Muslims” by the Prophet (SAWS) himself, the son of Awf was amongst the elite 10 sahabah, who were promised paradise by the Prophet (SAWS).

Download

For more info and updates ---> http://fisabeelillah.com/forum/index.php?tid=1348

Kind regards to iDawah for the server space.

Wa 'Alaykum as-Salaam

Pen Marks
06-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Mashallah!!! Jazakallah khair for sharing! :D

piXie
06-15-2008, 07:57 PM
:sl:

JazakAllaahu Khayr for sharing!

Ibn Al Aqwa
06-22-2008, 03:00 PM
Wa Iyyakum Inshaa'allaah...

The Life Of Abu Sufyan Ibn Harb

Abu Sufyan was the chief of the Quraish, and was amongst the leaders who apposed the Prophet (SAWS). He fought battle after battle against the noble messenger, when at a late stage, at the conquest of Makkah, Allaah guided him to Islaam. He then went on to figh battle after battle for the sake of Allaah, achieving wounds, and even losing an eye for the sake of Allaah. The Imam, in chronlgical order, over a period of a week of nighlt talks, takes us through the life of this most worthy man, from the days of ignorance, to the days of light.

{ - Download - }

[ Third one down ]

Again, for more info, visit - - > http://fisabeelillah.com/forum/index...48&tpg=1#p9540

Also, jazakumAllaah khayr to iDawah for the server space

cute123
06-22-2008, 03:01 PM
jazakallah khair akhee

al Amaanah
06-22-2008, 03:10 PM
It was once said to ‘Abdullah bin Al-Mubaarak, “After you have prayed with us you don’t sit with us?” He replied, “I go and sit with the Sahaabah and the Taabi’een.” We said, “And how can you sit with the Sahaabah and Taabi’een (when they have all passed away)?” He replied, “I go and read the knowledge I have collected, I find their narrations and deeds. What would I do with you? You sit around backbiting people”
subhana Allah! jazak Allahu khair akh

Ibn Al Aqwa
06-29-2008, 05:10 PM
^Wa 'Iyyaakum

The Life Of Talha bin Ubaidullah (RA)

In this series, the imam over a period of 9 days goes through the illustrious life of Talha (RA). From his days before Islam, to the days with the Prophet (SAWS), to the glorious days of the reign of Abu Bakr (RA), 'Umar (RA) and to through the sad trials of Hadrat 'Uthmaan (RA) and finishing with his sad martydom during the troubled times of Hadhrat 'Ali's caliphate. This famous sahabi was amongst the 10 promised Paradise, and is famous for his exceptional bravery during the battle of Uhud.

{ - Download - }

[ 9 Parts Roughly Half an Hour Each ]

{ 4th one down }

More Info

Ibn Al Aqwa
07-06-2008, 02:29 PM

The Life Of Uthmaan Ibn Affan (RA)

This is a very comprehensive series detailing the life of the third caliph of islam. Over a period of 14 nights, the imam goes through the life of one of the greatest companions. One of the 10 promised paradise, Uthman faced a troubled caliphate, which ultimately resulted in his martyrdom. May Allah be pleased with him. Imam Yusuf details all the events in logical order, from the era before prophethood, to the era of his caliphate, and also provides many sources of refutation points to refute the ignorant claims of the deviant shi’ite sect.

Download

JazakAllaah Khayr to iDawah for the server space.

For More info on the lectures click here.

sirajstc
07-07-2008, 01:46 PM
nice

LionOfAllah
07-10-2008, 02:29 PM
mashalah luk very good brother, who is speaker, yusuf al hanbali?

Ibn Al Aqwa
07-10-2008, 08:42 PM
He is an Imam from Sheffield, he does daily speeches in his masjid...his speeches have changed the lives of many people, and a lot of youth have been affected by him...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.