/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Adoption in Islam...

Re.TiReD
06-10-2008, 12:32 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Basically Happy and I were just talking etc etc and she wants me to adopt her insha'Allah when I get married. But the thing is, Happy and the fish will be non-mehram so they'd have to treat each other as such right? Basically covering infront of him fully etc etc...is that right? And actually, is adoption even allowed in Islam? Like it'd be difficult fulfilling them conditions whilst living together right?

Me and the sis were just messing but I'm just wondering anyway since there's many orphaned Muslim children around the world unfortunately and it'd be great to adopt one. SubhanAllah

WassalamuAlaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
06-10-2008, 12:36 PM
:salamext:

Adoption is allowed in Islam.

Adoption is of two types – forbidden and prescribed.

If a person asks to adopt a child from the orphanage, is it permitted for those in charge to give him what he wants?

Praise be to Allaah.
Adoption of children is of two types, forbidden and not forbidden.
The forbidden type means adopting a child in the sense that the child is considered to be the child of the adopting parent and subject to the rulings on children. This is not permitted. Allaah nullified it in the Qur’aan when He said (interpretation of the meaning):
“…nor has He made your adopted sons your real sons…”
[al-Ahzaab 33:4]
The kind which is prescribed and may be mustahabb means being kind towards the child and giving him a righteous religious upbringing and sound direction, teaching him that which will benefit him in this world and the next. But it is not permitted to hand a child over except to one who is known to be trustworthy, religiously-committed and of good character, who will take care of the child’s interests. He should also be a local resident, so that he will not take the child away to a country where his presence may be a cause for his religious commitment being lost in the future. If these conditions are met in the case of both the child and the adopting parent, then it is OK to hand over a foundling whose parentage is not known. May Allaah preserve you

From Fataawa Samaahat al-Shaykh Muhammad ibn Ibraaheem (may Allaah have mercy on him)
Source - Islamqa

Pk_#2
06-10-2008, 12:37 PM
You were just messing? :laugh: *Brok3n_*

*cough*, Fish is ma poppa #2 not my non-Mahram! Wa eva dat is,

Hurry up and adopt me and if that's not allowed just kidnap me, put up a ransom, mek some money and den we can go on holiday as a FAMILEEEEEEH

Woo,

How perfect, :thumbs_up

AsalamuALaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

------
06-10-2008, 12:37 PM
:salamext:

Also check;

Islam’s Stance on Adoption

Islamic Ruling on Adoption

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
06-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Wa'AlaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

That was quick,

JazakiAllahu khair sis.

Re.TiReD
06-10-2008, 12:41 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

JazakAllah khayr sis, so from what I understood of that....it depends on the intention then does it? based on:

The forbidden type means adopting a child in the sense that the child is considered to be the child of the adopting parent and subject to the rulings on children.
AND

But it is not permitted to hand a child over except to one who is known to be trustworthy, religiously-committed and of good character, who will take care of the child’s interests. He should also be a local resident, so that he will not take the child away to a country where his presence may be a cause for his religious commitment
But I dont really see the difference? You can adopt but NOT think of the child as your own? *confuzzled*

WassalamuAlaykum

Pk_#2
06-10-2008, 12:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ...54M4K4H...
AssalamuAlaykum

JazakAllah khayr sis, so from what I understood of that....it depends on the intention then does it? based on:

AND

But I dont really see the difference? You can adopt but NOT think of the child as your own? *confuzzled*

WassalamuAlaykum
:exhausted Don't think of me as your own child then *hmpfh* you can think of me as your own lil fish though, haha.

truthforpeace
06-10-2008, 12:55 PM
ohh I hope you find a little one to adopt! I have been planning on adopting children since I was very young. I went through a phase where I wanted my own children, but the truth is there are just too many children out in the world that need homes. I can't possible deny this!

Re.TiReD
06-10-2008, 12:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truthforpeace
ohh I hope you find a little one to adopt! I have been planning on adopting children since I was very young. I went through a phase where I wanted my own children, but the truth is there are just too many children out in the world that need homes. I can't possible deny this!
Aww but sis I found her...she posted right above you. Masha'Allah but in all seriousness, it was a genuine question

truthforpeace
06-10-2008, 01:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ...54M4K4H...
Aww but sis I found her...she posted right above you. Masha'Allah but in all seriousness, it was a genuine question
aww poor happy! inshallah sis! :)

Pk_#2
06-10-2008, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truthforpeace
aww poor happy! inshallah sis! :)
Poor me. :thumbs_up

Can this thread be closed?

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

chacha_jalebi
06-10-2008, 02:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Happy
Poor me. :thumbs_up

Can this thread be closed?

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.
@ jour service, :D

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.