/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hacker brings down police website

Uthman
06-10-2008, 05:02 PM
A hacker brought down Bedfordshire Police's website

A police website has been taken down after it was hacked by a programmer who published a cartoon and Muslim prayer to its site.

All the pages on Bedfordshire Police's site were replaced by an animated man carrying a Tunisian flag.

Underneath was a green symbol and a Muslim prayer written in Arabic.
Arfaoui Firas, whose website suggests he might be a 17-year-old computer programmer living in the US, claimed on the pages to have hacked the site.
Bedfordshire Police said they were aware of the incident and IT staff had taken the site down temporarily.

A spokeswoman said: "I am not technical but I am sure they will be able to restore the site and return it to normal operation soon."

Operations were not affected by the hacker, the spokeswoman added.

The hacker gave a website address on the hacked pages, which directed viewers to a games and films sales organisation.

The spokeswoman said: "The website is hosted externally, away from all other police systems so no personal or confidential data could have been obtained.

"Bedfordshire Police take security extremely seriously, which is why the website is hosted independently and outside all other IT systems."

A full investigation into how the hacking attack happened has been started.

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ninth_Scribe
06-13-2008, 09:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
A full investigation into how the hacking attack happened has been started.
You just gotta love kids! We had a 17 year old from Harwich who hacked a local ISP service here. They wanted to file charges against him. I suggested they give him a job instead. Why waste good talent? Besides, the police station should consider themselves lucky that it was just a 17 year old looking to raise the bar on adventure.

Lots of these hackers find good work. Microsoft, Inc. invites us all to make hay on their operating systems - it's a more efficient way to identify their security problems and design patches.

The Ninth Scribe

Fishman
06-13-2008, 09:14 PM
:sl:
I like to hack video games...
:w:

Pk_#2
06-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Haha, it can't be that U.S kid (He's just big headed), it must be a Lutonion lad :exhausted

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truemuslim
06-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Lol wow!
i just finished reading this http://www.theregister.co.uk/2000/07..._make_your_pc/

just google "Hackers can blow up your computer" and see what comes up
doubt its really reliable tho other wise it would be on BBC or CNN.

But daaang! LOLL!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.