/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sudan Plane Crash!!

truemuslim
06-10-2008, 07:13 PM
The Sudan Airways plane, carrying 203 passengers and 14 crew members, split in two and burst into flames after apparently veering off a runway at the airport in the capital city of Khartoum, Sudanese TV reported.

The head of Sudanese police, Mohammad Najib, said bad weather had caused the crash, however, Youssef Ibrahim, director of the Khartoum airport, saying a technical problem was to blame.
The jet — which originated in Damascus, Syria, and was flying from Amman, Jordan — was landing in heavy rains and thunderstorms. The plane already had tried to land at the Khartoum Airport once, but wasn't able to due to the weather.
"We believe that most of the passengers were able to make it out and escape with their lives," said Najib, without disclosing further details on how they escaped.
He stressed that officials could not say exactly how many were killed, and it could take some time before a definitive cause and specific details of the crash are known.

Earlier reports put the death toll at 100, which would make it the deadliest crash since July 2007, when a Tam Linhas Aereas SA jetliner Airbus 320 skidded off runway while landing in Sao Paulo, Brazil, killing all 187 people on board and 12 on the ground.
Sudan has a poor aviation safety record. In May, a plane crash in a remote area of southern Sudan killed 24 people, including key members of the southern Sudanese government.
In July 2003, a Sudan Airways Boeing 737 en route from Port Sudan to Khartoum crashed soon after takeoff, killing all 115 people on board.
After that crash, Sudanese officials blamed sanctions for restricting vital aircraft parts. The U.S. State Department said there was no ban on equipment needed for aviation safety.
In 1997, then President Clinton issued an executive order barring the export of goods and technology to Sudan because of the country's "support for international terrorism, ongoing efforts to destabilize neighboring governments, and the prevalence of human rights violations."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,365346,00.html
THERE is the REAL article!

Perfect! this is STRAIGHT from the channel im just watching this very second!

except its a video not still pic's

Wow...and ima ride one of those in two weeks...

Bismillah

Inna Lillah wa inna alayhi raji'oon!
May allah grant all of them muslims who died in that plane Jannah!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AvarAllahNoor
06-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Bet the regime had a hand in it! Evil animals!

Layla454
06-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Rajioon

Güven
06-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilahi Rajoon
Poor Child, May Allah Help the relatives of those who died :cry:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truemuslim
06-10-2008, 09:50 PM
wait wait wait
im watching the Sudani Channel right now, and theyr sayin there were over 200 people on that plane or something and only 100something died, that baby was one of them...

I knew i shouldnt have gotten this from BBC!! :raging:
brb gotta go find a BETTER, TRUE news place :)

truemuslim
06-10-2008, 09:54 PM
remind me to never post news again :D

Güven
06-10-2008, 09:57 PM
^AMeeeeen , That Looks Awful

MT2
06-10-2008, 10:03 PM
:sl:

Inna lilahi wa ina ilayhi raji3oun. May Allah (swt) give sabr to the families & loved ones of the deceased.

Safa,the first article you posted was about a plane crash that occurred in July 2003. That's why it wasn't corresponding to the crash that happened a couple of hours ago.

:w:

truemuslim
06-10-2008, 10:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MT2

Inna lilahi wa ina ilayhi raji3oun. May Allah (swt) give sabr to the families & loved ones of the deceased.

Safa,the first article you posted was about a plane crash that occurred in July 2003. That's why it wasn't corresponding to the crash that happened a couple of hours ago.

What?!
Really???

ohh i knew i should ever post news! :-[:-[:-[:-[:-[:-[

BlissfullyJaded
06-10-2008, 10:20 PM

Inna lillahi wa inna illayhi raji'oun.

Ameen to the adiya.

Mikayeel
06-10-2008, 10:23 PM

alhamdulilah none of my family was there, however a big tragedy:(
Very sad....

Pen Marks
06-10-2008, 10:25 PM
inalillah wa ina ilayhi rajo3oon

it looks worse on TV imsad

Mikayeel
06-10-2008, 10:32 PM
About 10 kids survived, also the 2 pilots survived.

Pen Marks
06-10-2008, 10:33 PM
About 10 kids survived
der mostly orphans now huh?
May Allah have mercy on them

MT2
06-10-2008, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *SAFA*
What?!
Really???

ohh i knew i should ever post news! :-[:-[:-[:-[:-[:-[
Nah- we all make mistakes- & rabana yiwasilik besalama, insha’Allah.

truemuslim
06-10-2008, 10:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by raOnar

alhamdulilah none of my family was there, however a big tragedy:(
Very sad....
Alhamdulillah

yeh . sad :cry:

format_quote Originally Posted by .:X MuMiNaH X:.
inalillah wa ina ilayhi rajo3oon

it looks worse on TV imsad
Your watching it? cool.
look how it looks without still pictures, with the flames and all :cry::cry:

format_quote Originally Posted by raOnar
About 10 kids survived, also the 2 pilots survived.
Jazakallah khair
poor people...

format_quote Originally Posted by MT2
Nah- we all make mistakes- & rabana yiwasilik besalama, insha’Allah.
Jazakallah khair
:statisfie

truemuslim
06-11-2008, 04:31 AM
The after pic

:cry:

Malaikah
06-11-2008, 05:20 AM

Wow, how sad. inna lillahi wa illahi raji'oun.

Verily to Allah do we belong and to him we shall return...

May Allah have mercy on them!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.