/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What age to marry?

truemuslim
06-12-2008, 12:11 AM
lol yeh , i do like to tick you off me my YO in all da titles....YO! lol
neways

assalamu alaikum
ok well dis is actually for the sisters.
yeh i got gut. now. :-[

k well, what age do you think is good to marry at, or would you marry at?
and feel free to comment. FOR GIRLS, not boys. kk :D
K i need dis so plz do dis.

Jazakallah khair

WaSalaam :D

:Evil: <---Ignore.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
-Elle-
06-12-2008, 12:23 AM
IMO,it depends on the person...twenty-five isn't necessarily better than nineteen...who knows,a nineteen year old might be more mature/ready for marriage than any 25 year old.It's all in the circumstances...anyway,speaking generally,

I guess 20-21 would be a good age.

snakelegs
06-12-2008, 12:45 AM
i don't know if i count, as a non-muslim, but i voted 20+.
of course, it depends on the girl, whether or not they're going to uni, etc.

Mikayeel
06-12-2008, 12:48 AM
IF its for the sisters it goes in the sisters section YO! ok? YO! :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Afraa
06-12-2008, 12:53 AM
I would say from 21-24 would a good age to marry

truemuslim
06-12-2008, 01:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by houda~
IMO,it depends on the person...twenty-five isn't necessarily better than nineteen...who knows,a nineteen year old might be more mature/ready for marriage than any 25 year old.It's all in the circumstances...anyway,speaking generally,

I guess 20-21 would be a good age.
K jazakallah khair

format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i don't know if i count, as a non-muslim, but i voted 20+.
of course, it depends on the girl, whether or not they're going to uni, etc.
She can go to uni after marriage tho. if she young and her 'person' is young mayb together
And thanks for answer

format_quote Originally Posted by Afraa
I would say from 21-24 would a good age to marry
Jazakallah khair

Wow you all choose such high ages! :exhausted
i was actually thinkin 16-ish but woww lol.
stil thinkin 16-ish of course :D

format_quote Originally Posted by raOnar
IF its for the sisters it goes in the sisters section YO! ok? YO! :p
and for you...

I knoooo dat ..YO! i dont have access. i kno. sucks dont it. ...yo!

now ppl stop pickin on my "yo"s YO! Or i mess u up YO! coz i aint stopiin dis talk dis title type yo! i cn speak da ghettoist in da forum yo! so try and try and mess wit me and u gna go down...like a yo yo! :?I will be maiggin yo talk like meh if u dont shut yo mouth...YO! peace yo!

(its ok im only kiddin)

Tania
06-12-2008, 04:41 AM
At 20+ its the best because your way of thinking its settled down. I read an article on the issue which says at 20+ you are mature enough to know what you like. If you will marry at this age, the marriage could last because you know exactly how to choose the husband. For instance, in your 18, you will consider the look its very important and you will go to have an handsome and ghetto husband. At 20+ yoiu will realise his brain counts, so the chance to divorce for him are really high.

Under 13- its not good because your body its not prepaired- everyone should enjoy childhood at this age.

Above 35+ appear the complications, especially at the baby health. Doctors says, the women should avoid to have baby after this age.

BlissfullyJaded
06-12-2008, 04:50 AM
:sl:

For me? Duno. Maybe around 25. And when I'm 25, I'll push it further. Seriously tho, whenever I become mature and can handle responsibilities and no longer feel the way I do towards men and marriage in general. Hehehh...

For others. Same...whenever they're mature and responsible and find somebody compatible. There's no age...some can handle it younger and others can't. And some can handle goin to uni and marriage at the same time. It's all dependant on the individual's capabilities. You gotta know yourself before you get married so you know what you're gettin into.

snakelegs
06-12-2008, 04:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *SAFA*

She can go to uni after marriage tho. if she young and her 'person' is young mayb together
And thanks for answer

Jazakallah khair
YO of course she can, but i don't think that's a great idea. i think 20+.
16 way is too young - at least in many cultures, certainly in the west.
what is the hurry? after she's 20+ she'll be more mature and can make a better choice. better she get her education first. then, if it turns out that she marries a no-good jerk, or he dies or becomes disabled, she will have a career to fall back on so she can provide for herself and her kids. always, the more options you have, the better - and education gives you those options.
enough of my opinionated opinion YO! :D

Nawal89
06-12-2008, 08:01 AM
twenty twoooooo!

crayon
06-12-2008, 08:09 AM
Wow you all choose such high ages! :exhausted
i was actually thinkin 16-ish but woww lol.
stil thinkin 16-ish of course :D
16?!?!?!
......I'm 16.:uuh:

I think 20's, early-ish 20's is good.

------
06-12-2008, 08:12 AM
Where's the 'never' option?

Lonely Gal
06-12-2008, 08:13 AM
22 +

Al-Zaara
06-12-2008, 10:30 AM
When I'm about 30, that would probably be perfect. Or maybe even at the age of 25, but not below it.

I'm inshaAllah going to university and I want to be well concentrated in my studies and inshaAllah I may even work at the same time and so on.. There's no room for a man.

.. Allahu Aleem!

Re.TiReD
06-12-2008, 10:34 AM
AssalamuAlaykum

Abaat 20 insha'Allah.

WassalamuAlaykum

truemuslim
06-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Oh my god, okk. so yall choose over twenty..um..anyway. wat if u cant marry 20+ then wut would u choose.? :D

format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -
aw LOL!
forgot that. why u choose never??

------
06-12-2008, 01:36 PM
u gonna add it or not?

truemuslim
06-12-2008, 01:36 PM
lol how?

Al-Zaara
06-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Oh my god, okk. so yall choose over twenty..um..anyway. wat if u cant marry 20+ then wut would u choose.? :D

30+. That's what I chose.. Oh, and I'm the only one! :exhausted

------
06-12-2008, 01:42 PM
edit the poll or ask a mod

Re.TiReD
06-12-2008, 01:42 PM
edit the poll or ask a mod
Sis is that really a good idea? *smile* I mean NEVER? :skeleton:

------
06-12-2008, 01:48 PM
yeh

Re.TiReD
06-12-2008, 01:50 PM
yeh
Oki dokelings sis...may Allah (swt) love you and give u sabr and happiness. Ameen

S_87
06-12-2008, 01:57 PM

no perfect age, everyone is different.

TrueStranger
06-12-2008, 03:12 PM
LOL, I was thinking the same thing.....

Pk_#2
06-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Get married straight after birth! :-[ Once their potty trained, hook em up and get rid of them..

Re.TiReD
06-12-2008, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Happy
Get married straight after birth! :-[ Once their potty trained, hook em up and get rid of them..
Hmm sis I always knew there was summin rong with you, so was it at 4 months or 5 for you? :-[

Nájlá
06-12-2008, 03:23 PM
asslam alkum
i think at the age of 2o but i dont mind getting engage at the age of 18-19

Re.TiReD
06-12-2008, 03:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by najla93
asslam alkum
i think at the age of 2o but i dont mind getting engage at the age of 18-19
Wa'alaykum Salam

Lol cute ... :D and you're only 15 *wub*

WassalamuAlaykum

Nájlá
06-12-2008, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ...54M4K4H...
Wa'alaykum Salam

Lol cute ... :D and you're only 15 *wub*

WassalamuAlaykum
how did u know my age??????????
and dont say that word cute i hate it

Re.TiReD
06-12-2008, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by najla93
how did u know my age??????????
and dont say that word cute i hate it
Najla 93

;D

aysenil
06-12-2008, 03:30 PM
i think 20+
coz u can make the right decision. but earliest 18 can be..

Nájlá
06-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Najla 93

;D
lol clever:statisfie
i fink i have 2 change my username now:raging::raging:

Re.TiReD
06-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Lol you've had it for so long...am sure nearly every other fish realised it too :D

Nájlá
06-12-2008, 03:39 PM
off 2 change my username.... lool i dont really mind
but u call me cute again:Evil::Evil::Evil:

Pk_#2
06-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Hmm sis I always knew there was summin rong with you, so was it at 4 months or 5 for you? :-[
4 months definitely! He's still not potty trained :skeleton:

Umar001
06-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Sisters 14/5/6ish

Brothers 20ish

Re.TiReD
06-12-2008, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Sisters 14/5/6ish

Brothers 20ish
AssalamuAlaykum

Wow....erm thats, lol wow at the sisters one. Never come across a bro with that opinion before :exhausted

Pen Marks
06-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Sisters 14
14?!! :omg: dats reaaalyyy yung!!
i think sis: 18ish 19ish
brothers: 20-25

------
06-12-2008, 03:53 PM
brothers need to get married younger than dat

truemuslim
06-12-2008, 04:04 PM
ssiters need a bit older than wut habeshi said and brothers need a bit younger than habeshi said
like boys 17/18 girls 15/16

?

Güven
06-12-2008, 04:33 PM
LOL I think boys 20/21/22 when they finish Uni and start with a job
and girls 17/18/19
Thats just my opinion :D

Mikayeel
06-12-2008, 04:52 PM

Well seems the brothers arrived:D I am gna give my say!

sisters 15/16/17/18(but thats very old!!)

Brothers 18/19/20

And never?? Like as in NEVER?? NEVER... wow!! Thats person must be very patient, something that our dear prophet (pbuh) didnt even do! uhm...

So ye thumbs up sister *SAFA* for ur ambition to marry at 16:D!

truemuslim
06-12-2008, 04:56 PM
^ loool they werent SUPPOSED to arrive. but yeh go ahead now

Oooh finally! I was about to go iNSAAAAANE looking at da option yall chose! I mean how can u marry AFTER you get WRINKLES?!?! Lool

k

Jazakallah khair everyone for ur answers so far. Nice seein different opinions about this (even tho i was bout to go insane) :)

Umar001
06-12-2008, 05:01 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Wow....erm thats, lol wow at the sisters one. Never come across a bro with that opinion before :exhausted
format_quote Originally Posted by .:X MuMiNaH X:.
14?!! :omg: dats reaaalyyy yung!!
i think sis: 18ish 19ish
brothers: 20-25
brothers need to get married younger than dat
ssiters need a bit older than wut habeshi said and brothers need a bit younger than habeshi said
like boys 17/18 girls 15/16

?

In a perfect world I would like both brothers and sisters younger, but you know what, if a sister is brought up away from this culture, I mean I see families who are cultural Muslims letting their kids walk around in miniskirts and so forth and not putting Islam into you, they wear hijab due to culture, if sisters were brought up good, I dont think 14/15/16 is too young. Think about it, in the western world, girls at that age are ready for long term reletionships, the problem is that the men that are the same age as them are not, the guys end up cheating on them and so forth, though the girl is in 'love' with him he isn't as keen. (edit: I remembered, in college Muslims girls were into this too, wearing hijab and talking about Asif, and Ashraf and other muslim boys, I mean, think about it)

Thats why I think that age would be normal, since the western girls can fall in love at that age, then I dont see why the Islamic girls cant fall in love and marry at the age too.

As for the brothers, in the west unless you have a helpful family it is pretty difficult to marry and support a family. Brothers are asked to have a BA, then to be abit older than the sister, and also to be in a stable job. That's what I have come across. Unless you get a good Muslim family young brothers will find it hard to get married.

But yes, if the support was there I would like to think brothers should marry earlier, but then again, the brothers from among us who have been touched by western ideas would find it hard to be tied down at a younger age.

truemuslim
06-12-2008, 05:04 PM
In a perfect world I would like both brothers and sisters younger, but you know what, if a sister is brought up away from this culture, I mean I see families who are cultural Muslims letting their kids walk around in miniskirts and so forth and not putting Islam into you, they wear hijab due to culture, if sisters were brought up good, I dont think 14/15/16 is too young. Think about it, in the western world, girls at that age are ready for long term reletionships, the problem is that the men that are the same age as them are not, the guys end up cheating on them and so forth, though the girl is in 'love' with him he isn't as keen. (edit: I remembered, in college Muslims girls were into this too, wearing hijab and talking about Asif, and Ashraf and other muslim boys, I mean, think about it)

Thats why I think that age would be normal, since the western girls can fall in love at that age, then I dont see why the Islamic girls cant fall in love and marry at the age too.

As for the brothers, in the west unless you have a helpful family it is pretty difficult to marry and support a family. Brothers are asked to have a BA, then to be abit older than the sister, and also to be in a stable job. That's what I have come across. Unless you get a good Muslim family young brothers will find it hard to get married.

But yes, if the support was there I would like to think brothers should marry earlier, but then again, the brothers from among us who have been touched by western ideas would find it hard to be tied down at a younger age.

Wow, well thats a perfect post. Mashallah
So true, everything.
For everyone its different.
Jazakallah khair :)

crayon
06-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Sisters 14/5/6ish

Brothers 20ish
14 year olds are usually in the ninth grade... what about school? Would she finish high school? University? (not arguing btw, just wondering how school/marriage would work)

edit- unless it was the kind of marriage where they both still live in their parents house till they've grown up a bit, but i'm taking you don't mean that...?

M..x
06-12-2008, 06:39 PM
14/5/6ish
Whhhaaaaaaat? Raah lol..Thas young but erm I s'pose what you said above is true. But why get boys married later? Is it cause their brains develop a tad slower than gurls? Hehe. I'ma get shot for that. Like I think 20 =). [P.S To Safa, Sis what's wif tha 'yo' flex? Lol..?] Salaamz

truemuslim
06-12-2008, 06:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by x MuslimGyal x
Whhhaaaaaaat? Raah lol..Thas young but erm I s'pose what you said above is true. But why get boys married later? Is it cause their brains develop a tad slower than gurls? Hehe. I'ma get shot for that. Like I think 20 =). [P.S To Safa, Sis what's wif tha 'yo' flex? Lol..?] Salaamz
LOoooooool!

I think girls not at 14. maybe, MAYBE 15..then any older is perfect :D

by older ... i DONT mean 18 19 20 21+++ Thats when u get wrinkles! wut u gna do wear the niqab 24/7?! :X Oops...

Loool wuttup wit u ppl messin wit my YO?!
lol
i dunno why it just sounds.......i dunno..YO!

lol
Next person pickin on my yo i mess yo up yo! :D (yeh i did purposely add extra YO's)

Whatsthepoint
06-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Dunno, 28.

truemuslim
06-12-2008, 06:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Dunno, 28.

did you kno its not good to drink and drive...

its ALSO not good to sniff n type. :X

cmon you be oldy grandma by the time u get ur first born! :-[

*KB*
06-12-2008, 07:01 PM
Assalamualaykum

You should not ashamed, its quite an good and ineteresting question :)

I think that personally I would like to get married around 19, 20 or 21 period because well I will know by then what job route I want to go down or what I want to do in life. :D
But then again if I find a decent and good imaan guy then I'll get married :) Allah wills everything :D

Assalamualaykum
*KB*
:coolious:

truemuslim
06-12-2008, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *KB*
Assalamualaykum

You should be that ashamed, its quite an good and ineteresting question :)

I think that personally I would like to get married around 19, 20 or 21 period because well I will know by then what job route I want to go down or what I want to do in life. :D
But then again if I find a decent and had good imaan guy then I'll get married :) Alah wills everything :D

Assalamualaykum
*KB*
ashamed? of what??

Jazakallah khair for ur reply, Yeh a good religious person is good. not those type of 'religious' ppl who pray, but are extremely strict and crazy. lol

*KB*
06-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Assalamualaykum

So sorry I didn't proof read :statisfie

Read it now Sister

Assalamualaykum
*KB*

Ali.
06-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Hmm, I dunno'. Probably 20+, but as somebody mentioned earlier it differs from person to person when the best time is.

truemuslim
06-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Assalamualaykum

So sorry I didn't proof read :statisfie

Read it now Sister

Assalamualaykum
*KB*

aw lol
Ok JAzakallah khair
its ok btw :statisfie

*KB*
06-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Assalamualaykum

*phew*

Assalamualaykum
*KB*

crayon
06-12-2008, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
Hmm, I dunno'. Probably 20+, but as somebody mentioned earlier it differs from person to person when the best time is.
Dunno, 28.
For men, women, or both?

Ali.
06-12-2008, 07:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
For men, women, or both?
Both.

Whatsthepoint
06-12-2008, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
For men, women, or both?
For both, at least in societies where women are educated and have jobs.
I'm not saying every woman should marry a man her age, love doesn't know borders, and it also depends on the taste.

------
06-12-2008, 07:20 PM
:salamext:

I voted 18-19, because this is when you need companionship the most.

truthforpeace
06-12-2008, 07:20 PM
I said 20 plus, but I really think it should be more like 25 plus. This is only because I think it is important for someone to know themselves as an adult before they are married to someone.

truemuslim
06-12-2008, 07:21 PM

I voted 18-19, because this is when you need companionship the most.

:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie

What if you wanna get married at a certain age but you don't have it as an option or choose who you marry? :-[:X

*KB*
06-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Assalamualaykum

^^Very true Sister truthforpeace

Assalamualaykum
*KB*

*KB*
06-12-2008, 07:23 PM

What if you wanna get married at a certain age but you don't have it as an option or choose who you marry? :-[:X
Assalamualaykum

Isn't that frowned upon in Islam, I'm sure it is.

Because otherwise getting married to someone you don't want to is kind of forced marriage isn't it? Sister -Serene- will know :D

Assalamualaykum
*KB*

------
06-12-2008, 07:27 PM

Allaah will do the best for you, whatever happens. Always remember that.

P.S. Sis *KB* - I am flattered, but it is Allaah who guides :)

*KB*
06-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Assalamualaykum

:statisfie :)

Assalamualaykum
*KB*

truemuslim
06-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Assalamualaykum

Isn't that frowned upon in Islam, I'm sure it is.

Because otherwise getting married to someone you don't want to is kind of forced marriage isn't it? Sister -Serene- will know :D

Assalamualaykum
*KB*

Allaah will do the best for you, whatever happens. Always remember that.

P.S. Sis *KB* - I am flattered, but it is Allaah who guides :)

K
And Jazakallah khair both. :statisfie Make duas inshallah. sincere. :-[ i makin duas for all of you...even specifically. even if u dont kno i am :D

*KB*
06-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Assalamualaykum

awwww, Jazak'Allah Khairan Sister, Insha'Allah I will dua for you and the rest of the Ummah.

Assalamualaykum
*KB*

Whatsthepoint
06-12-2008, 07:34 PM
The poll is slightly unislamic though, isn't it? I mean, how old was Aisha when Muhammad married her? Was either of them on something?

------
06-12-2008, 07:35 PM

^ Don't start again. Please. Not now, too tired to debate, and this is the wrong thread.

And yes, they were on GUIDANCE.

Now please. Stop.

truemuslim
06-12-2008, 07:35 PM
Assalamualaykum

awwww, Jazak'Allah Khairan Sister, Insha'Allah I will dua for you and the rest of the Ummah.

Assalamualaykum
*KB*
JAzakallah khair sis :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie

The poll is slightly unislamic though, isn't it? I mean, how old was Aisha when Muhammad married her? Was either of them on something?

Oh my goddddd.. i swear you reeeallly piss me off!! ok ok ...
calmmm...

That...Was...1400 YEAAAARS AGO... Are you seroiusly omgggg

Whatsthepoint
06-12-2008, 07:36 PM
hehe, ok, I'm sorry.:-[:)

------
06-12-2008, 07:36 PM

^ Thanks.

crayon
06-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Aw come onnn, dude... You've been on this forum long enough to have probably seen dozens of threads about the marriage of Aisha, does it still not make sense?

edit-ehhh posted too late. as usual.

Whatsthepoint
06-12-2008, 07:46 PM
It's when you meet the right person and you know it for sure that he or she is right and I mean so right that you're willing to endanger your education and career because of him or her and still be the happiest person on the planet.

:D

What, i got it from movies!

sabah
06-12-2008, 08:00 PM
hehe, ok, I'm sorry.:-[:)

It seems like you got a pre-conception about the whole marriage issue and our prophet (pbuh). if u got a issue with it, ask a question im sure someone can provide with an answer, if you open your mind beyond what society has told taught you.

anywayz back to topic (a very gud topic). i selected 20+, i think beyond 25 espec for females people start thinking your old :statisfie. But if someone was to come ealier and is ideal then why not. whatever is written will happen. allahu alim!

may allah grant all u sisters pious husbands and a sucessful future mariage (including me :)) Ameen!

truemuslim
06-12-2008, 08:02 PM
^ aww ameen, :)

Jazakallah khair sis
Wouldn't 25 be ...eh..a bit old ? you kno like they say its rare to get kids after 25 or soemthing like that. cmon everyone wants kids.:X(lets hope im not 'everyone')

Whatsthepoint
06-12-2008, 08:04 PM
^ aww ameen, :)

Jazakallah khair sis
Wouldn't 25 be ...eh..a bit old ? you kno like they say its rare to get kids after 25 or soemthing like that. cmon everyone wants kids.:X(lets hope im not 'everyone')
Most people in Europe have kthe first kid between 25 and 30, I think 28 is the avergae.

Simply_Logical
06-12-2008, 08:31 PM
personally i do think for a lad its good being married young,
the responsiblity keeps your head screwed on!
it also means whatever you do with wifey is halal/legit :D lol

p.s i selected 18-19

arabianprincess
06-13-2008, 03:02 AM
i was thinking wat to choose cuz i wanted from 18 - to watever .. not 19 ... cuz well if u think about it .. everyone is different some ppl wanna get married at a young age some dont ... so i believe when ever a gurl is ready she should get married .. like me im 20 but i still dont believe that im ready for marriage :D obviously i dont wanna handle the responsiblitiesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss so 3la haseb ... peaceeeeeeeeeeeee

truemuslim
06-13-2008, 04:33 AM
^ yehh i get it, lol :)

Btw for the other ppl who chose over 20 and 25 and all dem ice ages. dats craazy. you wanna kno why? coz when you finally get ur first kid, and ur cookin wit em, its gna be like "Hey Grandma! Can i put the sugar in yet?!" lol or if ur a guy den u be playin wit em catch or something and dey be "Hahaa Grandpa cant catch!" LOoool
wouldnt it suck to be like this?!

Al-Zaara
06-13-2008, 08:50 AM
^ yehh i get it, lol :)

Btw for the other ppl who chose over 20 and 25 and all dem ice ages. dats craazy. you wanna kno why? coz when you finally get ur first kid, and ur cookin wit em, its gna be like "Hey Grandma! Can i put the sugar in yet?!" lol or if ur a guy den u be playin wit em catch or something and dey be "Hahaa Grandpa cant catch!" LOoool
wouldnt it suck to be like this?!
I think you're a bit crazy for thinking over 20 and 25 are ice ages. lol :D

My Dad was 31 and my Mum 25 when they got married. They got their first child, me, at the ages of 36 and 30. They weren't my "grandma" or "grandpa" when playing tennis, football or cooking with me as a child. They were in great shape, and actually they were much more experienced in life than the parents of my friends.

M..x
06-13-2008, 08:55 AM
LOoooooool!

I think girls not at 14. maybe, MAYBE 15..then any older is perfect :D

by older ... i DONT mean 18 19 20 21+++ Thats when u get wrinkles! wut u gna do wear the niqab 24/7?! :X Oops...

Loool wuttup wit u ppl messin wit my YO?!
lol
i dunno why it just sounds.......i dunno..YO!

lol
Next person pickin on my yo i mess yo up yo! :D (yeh i did purposely add extra YO's)
LOOOL!
Wrinkles at 18/19? :? Eh lol... Tha whole yo thing duin my nut in lol...Shhhh....I'm only messhin...x

teen-omar
06-13-2008, 09:18 AM
i chose 16 or 17, because i think it is the right age. that may only include me, since i been seeing that many people are not ready at this age :p
but insha'allah, getting married at 16-7 is the perfect age i believe, because you stay away from zinaah and fitnah, plus you won't need to go looking anymore since you are alrady settled :p
I'll insha'allah get married before i reach 18 (which is lyk 11 month away) lol, so it's a race against time lool
nah but really, better to fulfil half of your deen when you're young and have a clear mind after that
(sorry sisters if i wasn't meant to post here, but i just wanted to let my voice be heard hehe)
:w:

truemuslim
06-13-2008, 01:27 PM
^ yeh thats sooo true, And the prophet told us to marry when young, so why not?

Cabdullahi
06-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Where's the 'NOW' option?

:rollseyes

Amat Allah
06-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Where's the 'NOW' option?
:D

I picked 20+.....but I think there is no right age for marriage cause everything will happen by Allah will...and I knew a woman who got married at 12 years old and she is really happy with her marriage subhaan Allah...

you may say I don`t want to get married till I am 20 then you may get married at 12.... no body knows ...subhaan Allah

any way....

may Allah grant you all with a good husband/wife who fear Allah....
if not in this life inshaa Allah in Jannat Al Ferdous...
Ameeeeeeeeeen:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie

------
06-13-2008, 02:22 PM

Ameen.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-13-2008, 02:34 PM

I didn't select any option. I don't think there is a specific age that one should get married. Everyone feels ready at different times, but it is advised to get married young if you are able, in order to safeguard your Islaam.

:wasalamex

Cabdullahi
06-13-2008, 02:58 PM
marriage is just sweeet! :)

Woodrow
06-13-2008, 03:26 PM
I doubt if any age can be picked as the proper one. I think it depends on the individuals.

I have been married 3 times. At ages of 23, 49 and my latest at 67. all were right at the time and situation.

Al-Zaara
06-13-2008, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faizah

I didn't select any option. I don't think there is a specific age that one should get married. Everyone feels ready at different times, but it is advised to get married young if you are able, in order to safeguard your Islaam.

:wasalamex
Many have said this and it is absolutely true, I fully agree. Good many have pointed it out.

I just wanna make clear, that I voted in answer to the poll's first question " What age would YOU marry at ".

SouLda_Gal
06-16-2008, 04:06 PM
ahhahah i voted 20+ n dats da one dat had highest votes yipeeeeeeeeeeee

SouLda_Gal
06-16-2008, 04:07 PM
loooooooool whoooooooooo did -13 ????/ loooooooool sowie buh its funny.. imagine sum at the age of 13 getin married at that age... i mean kum on nowaaaadayzzzz its lyk rate hard

------
06-17-2008, 09:11 AM

Some people are really mature at 13 not that I voted for it.

*KB*
06-17-2008, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SouLda_Gal
loooooooool whoooooooooo did -13 ????/ loooooooool sowie buh its funny.. imagine sum at the age of 13 getin married at that age... i mean kum on nowaaaadayzzzz its lyk rate hard
Assalamualaykum

Happened before, and still is. People in less developed countries are marrying at a young age, children, especially girls at younger ages so they can have a family elsewhere and be able to survive.

:cry::cry:May Allah bless them and may everyone keep the people who are less forunate than ourselves in our prayers.

Assalamualaykum
*KB*

AhlaamBella
06-17-2008, 06:09 PM
The age to marry depends entirely upon the person. Are they ready? What age is it acceptable in todays warpped society to have a boyfriend? However, for a muslim guy to marry he must be able to provide for his wife so 16/17 isn't the best age to commit like that.

*KB*
06-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Assalamualaykum

So...out of curiosity :statisfie which group did you choose Sister?

Assalamualaykum
*KB*

AhlaamBella
06-17-2008, 06:14 PM
Didn't choose one :D lol

It's subjective to each person lol

Souljette
06-17-2008, 07:02 PM

I agree with Sis Faizahhh although i chose 18-19 but that's just a choice

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.