/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Guatemala’s Hot-Waterfall

IbnAbdulHakim
06-12-2008, 01:35 PM
:| what am i doing in london??!!!!!

Guatemala’s Hot-Waterfall

It’s not often that adventure and geothermal oddities mix, but we had one such nerdy treat in the wild former plantation lands along Guatemala’s largest lake, Lago de Izabal. A two mile hike up from the lakeshore, a small waterfall cascades over a unique rock formation into a totally sweet swimming hole. Did I mention that the water is near boiling before it cascades over the waterfall into the cool pool below? It’s the adventurous soaker’s literal wet dream, the hot springs waterfall, complete with opportunities for hot springs spelunking…

As if this great little pool and the steamy falls weren’t delightful enough, peer behind the veil of the falls and you’ll find just enough room for a natural sauna. Steam from the shoulders up while staying cool. We could have stayed all day if we hadn’t gotten prune-y.

The site may inspire me to add something to my packing list next time - a water proof flashlight. Just behind the small sauna space is a passage beneath protruding stalactites into the inner caves. To get there, you’ll have to do a bit of swimming. There’s just enough clearance to wade into the inner caves, with about six inches between the ceiling and the surface of the water, just enough room to keep your nose above water. Unless of course you’ve got that waterproof torch and a good pair of goggles to take the low road beneath the surface. Maybe next time. I don’t recommend watching the “Descent” before you try this one!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
06-12-2008, 01:38 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Oh I thought u wanted a cave tho....or was that me? And you wanted a hut? I cant remember but you still owe me a fan heater...or summin :skeleton:

Nice thingy thread.

WassalamuAlaykum

IbnAbdulHakim
06-12-2008, 01:44 PM
^ caves?

behind the small sauna space is a passage beneath protruding stalactites into the inner caves.
and dont give me the whole "oh, but i cant breathe underwater" excuse! a cave is a cave wether under or over water !

and yes i can imagine a beautiful hut right besides the fall.

*sighs* i could have prayed right next to the fall aswell, coulda built a little masjid and raised a little army of lil muslim lil ones. Could have made em do monk training by sitting whilst the waterfall gushes on their bald heads and then cudda made then catch fish with their hands.

subhanAllah this world has too much beauty, gtta be a mu'min till death coz just imagine jannah !

Re.TiReD
06-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Hmm bald? Dont you wan em to keep the Sunnah length hair? But masha'Allah that sounds amazing! Ima live in the cave insha'Allah and teach ma lil ones to do the normal things in life and they can learn to fish after :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
06-12-2008, 01:51 PM

http://bp1.blogger.com/_FQvKIRiBC5M/...+waterfall.JPG

this is a waterfall in bangladesh.

i cant believe i just went there and didnt visit this place!!!!!!

the water looks more dirty then guatemela's though

i wonder if we can drink from here?

Allahu A'lam

i would still rather visit guatemala

Assalamu Alaikum

Re.TiReD
06-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Do you WANT to drink from there? :skeleton:

And ima go BD insha'Allah where is that waterfall? I'll visit it.

WassalamuAlaykum

IbnAbdulHakim
06-12-2008, 01:58 PM
^ ive done wudhu in dirtier waters and im sure some of the water went down my throat.

nah i wouldnt drink it.

i just hope we get to taste the sweet rivers of jannah,

if dunya rivers can look this appealing...... :|

Assalamu Alaikum

Re.TiReD
06-12-2008, 02:02 PM
Yup, insha'Allah. Its true though...Nature is just amazing! Away from the messed up dunya and fitnah, its like the most peaceful peace....SubhanAllah

WassalamuAlaykum

north_malaysian
06-13-2008, 04:06 AM
Can we boil eggs in the hot part of the waterfall?

IbnAbdulHakim
06-13-2008, 09:24 AM
^ perhaps bro, perhaps :)

------
06-13-2008, 09:25 AM
:salamext:

The random_NESS of it all :mmokay:

Re.TiReD
08-08-2008, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -
:salamext:

The random_NESS of it all :mmokay:
:wasalamex

Lol :skeleton:

I really wanna move *sigh*

:wasalamex

Re.TiReD
10-15-2008, 10:03 AM
:bump:

I NEED to live there

Güven
10-15-2008, 10:35 AM
^lol are you bumping this thread only to say that :D

Yeah Guetemala is amazing , they have this Beautiful Waterfalls and Beaches :ooh:

I want to visit there one day InshaAllah

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
10-15-2008, 11:10 AM
^ me too bro!!!!

wanna come lol i wish !

SixTen
10-15-2008, 11:17 AM
I say, IbnAbdulHakim, we do that trip next year sometime ;), you up for it?

Güven
10-15-2008, 11:18 AM
^Ill Join too...:D

IbnAbdulHakim
10-15-2008, 11:23 AM
indeed its a must !

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.