/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Again EarthQuake in East-Asia , Now Its Japan!

Güven
06-14-2008, 01:49 PM
Earthquake rocks northern Japan
Saturday, 14 June 2008

At least six people are dead and more than 140 injured after a powerful earthquake struck northern Japan, triggering landslides.

The 7.2-magnitude quake was centred on Iwate - a rural mountainous region on Japan's main island, Honshu.

Military helicopters are taking in supplies and flying the injured to hospitals. A landslide at a hot spring reportedly buried seven people.

And a small amount of radioactive water was leaked at a nuclear power station.

But officials said there was no danger to the public from the minor spillage at the facility in Fukushima.

Prime Minister Yasuo Fukuda said: "Our most important task is to save as many lives as possible, and we are doing the best we can."

The quake caused disruption in some offices in Sendai
A powerful earthquake with a magnitude of 7.2 has hit Japan's north-east coast, injuring at least 40 people.
A tsunami alert was issued by Japan's meteorological agency, but later lifted after two small waves a few centimetres high hit the coastline.

Attachment 3406

The quake's epicentre is thought to have been 20km (12.4 miles) below the ocean off Miyagi prefecture, striking at around 1146 (0246GMT).

It shook buildings in the capital Tokyo, some 300km (186 miles) away.

The casualties were largely caused by the collapse of the roof of a swimming pool in Sendai city, Miyagi prefecture.

Initial reports suggested at least 80 people had been wounded.

But state broadcaster NHK later said one person had been seriously hurt and 13 were slightly injured.

Attachment 3405

Correspondents say Japan is extremely well prepared for earthquakes, and a similar magnitude quake elsewhere in the world would have proved deadly.

"There was a tremendous boom... People were screaming and headed toward the exit. It shook a lot... A lot of people were crying," a young woman at the scene told NHK.

Bullet trains were suspended, three nuclear power station were shut down automatically for safety checks, and flights at Tokyo's Haneda airport were temporarily halted as a precaution.

Some 17,000 households were reported to have lost power.

'Horizontal shakes'

Two tsunamis around 10cm high (four inches) hit the coast about 15 minutes after the quake but were not thought to have caused any damage.

There were also reports of a landslide in what is a mainly rural part of Japan. ANIMATED GUIDE

Attachment 3404

"I was cycling to work and initially thought I had a loose front wheel," Sendai resident Philip Wood told the BBC. "So I stopped to check. Then I realised it was an earthquake since cars were shaking and electric pylons were swaying all around me," he said. Japan is one of the world's most earthquake-prone countries, situated on four tectonic plates.

Tokyo was hit by a magnitude 6.0 earthquake last month, which injured at least 18 people.

The country's deadliest quake in recent memory occurred in the city of Kobe in 1995, with a magnitude of 7.3, that killed more than 6,400 people.

Before then, a 1923 quake, known as the Great Kanto Earthquake, killed more than 100,000 people.

Source:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4155026.stm

Not so Disastrous As what happened In China But still 7.2 is not a joke
I have a Feeling This Is not the end of it

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ninth_Scribe
06-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Well, you couldn't pay me to get anywhere near the equater right now.

Just don't forget your seatbelt folks~~~

The Ninth Scribe

truemuslim
06-14-2008, 10:02 PM
SubhanALLAH!

I just watched this on the news yesterday....guess which news...:raging: bbc :raging: stupid accent!!:raging:

So many earthquakes, major widespread of death, signs offff...

coughcough...
figure it OUT! :) :)

Ali.
06-14-2008, 10:03 PM
The plates are on the move once again!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Güven
06-14-2008, 10:04 PM
I wonder When Europe's Turn to come

north_malaysian
06-14-2008, 11:28 PM
since the tsunamis... most of the quakes happened in Asian countries..especially Indonesia...

When I was in my school years, the textbook says that Malaysia is not in the quake area... and it's true.

But this year, for the first time a very mild quake (like 1.0 richter scale)happened several times in Bukit Tinggi (the epicentre) which is in the middle part of Malaysia...

AntiKarateKid
06-14-2008, 11:53 PM
lets hear it for the Endtimes

The_Prince
06-15-2008, 01:01 AM
as the prophet Muhammad said, a sign of the last days will be an increase in earth quakes. :)

truemuslim
06-15-2008, 05:06 AM
^ and major widespread of death (war, hurricanes, murder, tornadoes, etc)

Fishman
06-15-2008, 10:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
I wonder When Europe's Turn to come
:sl:
With the exception of Mediterranean countries and Iceland, you don't get many big earthquakes in Europe. Most of it isn't near a plate boundary. However, there is considerable activity in the north sea up near Norway. There is an old plate boundary buried there, which causes many moderate earthquakes.
:w:

Ninth_Scribe
06-15-2008, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
lets hear it for the Endtimes
Uhm. Not so fast. These are generated activities, not entirely natural events and as such, they cannot be counted as an act of God. In other words, these can be reversed. When Allah utters his decree, it cannot be reversed. Mankind has merely over-stepped his mark and he will learn his place... or suffer the consequences. I would call these events "warning shots" only - but certainly not the real deal from Allah.

The Ninth Scribe

Ninth_Scribe
06-15-2008, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
as the prophet Muhammad said, a sign of the last days will be an increase in earth quakes. :)
Then the end days have already happened, lol. I think when the prophet spoke, he mentioned an event that far surpasses these smaller ones. These are predictable in their nature. I could even tell you where the next one would most likely occur. But that doesn't make me a prophet. Just a careful calculator. I'm pretty sure when Allah speaks the Endtimes decree, you would all be able to tell the difference. Some more than others, but you get the jist? So far, what we have here is a natural game of tit for tat.

The Ninth Scribe

Güven
06-15-2008, 05:54 PM
^I agree This is nothing compared whats goin to come

Ninth_Scribe
06-15-2008, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
^I agree This is nothing compared whats goin to come
Yes, I think so too. I believe the misinterpretations of today's events are coming from Christian influence. But, then again, I've had the somewhat rare priviledge of reading the records from the last millennium (10th century). Naturally, those prophesies were proven to be untrue, but when faced with another millenium - the Christian fear is back. And I don't say this to diss the Christians, but the millenium is calculated from their calender - not the Jewish or Muslim ones. So, this is just what I fondly call "millenium fever".

It will pass in the fullness of time. :)

The Ninth Scribe

Uthman
06-15-2008, 07:34 PM
Subhan'Allah! :(

format_quote Originally Posted by *SAFA*
I just watched this on the news yesterday....guess which news...:raging: bbc :raging: stupid accent!!:raging:
If it annoys you so much, then don't listen to it! :raging:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.