/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Israeli settlers caught on film beating elderly Palestinian woman

islamirama
06-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Israeli settlers caught on film beating elderly Palestinian woman

Saed Bannoura - IMEMC News..

After an Israeli human rights group handed out small video cameras to Palestinians in the West bank, those cameras have been used to capture a number of attacks that would otherwise have gone unreported. In the latest example, an attack by a group of Israeli settlers on a Palestinian farming family Sunday was filmed, and the video released on the internet.

Attacks by extremist Israeli Jewish settlers against the indigenous Palestinian population of the West Bank are common, and the incidents have increased as Israeli settlements have expanded on Palestinian land over the last 15 years.

In Sunday's attack, an elderly woman, Thamam al-Nawaja, was herding her family's sheep when four masked and armed Israeli settlers came running toward her from the settlement of Susia. When her son and husband saw what was happening, they came over, and the settlers beat the whole family with baseball bats. Al-Nawaja, who suffered the brunt of the beating, spent three days in the hospital after the attack. Her face was beaten badly, and one cheekbone was shattered. But when approached by reporters upon leaving the hospital, she stated, "They don't want us to stay on our land. But we won't leave. We'll die here. It's ours."

Israeli police claim they are investigating the incident, but no one has been arrested. It is extremely rare for Israeli settlers to be charged with attacks against Palestinians, as it is the mandate of the Israeli police to protect the settlers from attacks by Palestinians, and the police claim they have no jurisdiction to charge settlers who attack Palestinians.

The British Broadcasting Corporation, or BBC, obtained the rights to the video, which can be viewed at the link below.

Video:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/7451691.stm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The_Prince
06-14-2008, 08:15 PM
no this cant be, these jews are peaceful lovely people who teach tolerance and love and peace and co-existence, no no, it is the palestinian muslims who are always the violent ones and against peace and filled with hate.

watch all the zionist fans on this forum try to justify this, or try to play it down saying oh this is something small that happens once in a while, not a big deal.

north_malaysian
06-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Those settlers, always claiming as the victims... but there are like zillions of videos on youtube showing the contrary...:exhausted

For sure the Zionists...oops..the victims would claim that BBC is anti-semitic.

snakelegs
06-14-2008, 11:52 PM
some of those west bank settler nutcases are nothing but terrorist thugs hiding behind piety.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
06-15-2008, 04:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
some of those west bank settler nutcases are nothing but terrorist thugs hiding behind piety.
you could be classified as "Anti-Semitic" by an organisation by saying this you know! :D

We, as Muslims...even a newborn baby are automatically being called as "Anti -Semitic"... so we dont really care about the term "Anti-Semitic"...

Whatsthepoint
06-15-2008, 09:38 AM
No peace can be achieved if Israel does not withdraw from the West bank.

crayon
06-15-2008, 09:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
No peace can be achieved if Israel does not withdraw from the West bank.
Oh, they are, didn't you know? Just as soon as they finish building all those new settlements, inshallah... :P

Whatsthepoint
06-15-2008, 09:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Those settlers, always claiming as the victims... but there are like zillions of videos on youtube showing the contrary...:exhausted

For sure the Zionists...oops..the victims would claim that BBC is anti-semitic.
See, that is the problem. Everyone expressing disagreement or oppossition to the state of Israel and it's policies is labeled anti-semetic, when the proper expression should be anti-israeli. Condeming the crimes against the Palestinians has nothing to do with being against jewish people in general, which is the actual meaning of anti-semitism.

This reminds me of Islamophobia which, as a term, is also tossed around lightly.

Fishman
06-15-2008, 11:04 AM
:sl:
Everybody knew Israeli settlers abused Palestinians anyway. Will anybody do anything about it now? Nope.

The Israelis seem to want to avoid creating a Palestinian state by building settlements. If the West Bank is full of Israelis, then when the international community says ''give Palestine independence'', Israel can just go and say
''Yes of course. Oh, look at that, half of the West Bank has mysteriously become Jewish! I guess we have to consider the demographics on the ground now, sorry, there will be no Palestinian state anymore...''
And if the settlers scare away the Palestinians, even better. They can claim even more of the West Bank that way!
:w:

AvarAllahNoor
06-15-2008, 12:03 PM
That's sad.

Whatsthepoint
06-15-2008, 12:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Everybody knew Israeli settlers abused Palestinians anyway. Will anybody do anything about it now? Nope.
What exactly do you think can be done, besides handing out video cameras?

north_malaysian
06-15-2008, 12:47 PM
See, that is the problem. Everyone expressing disagreement or oppossition to the state of Israel and it's policies is labeled anti-semetic, when the proper expression should be anti-israeli. Condeming the crimes against the Palestinians has nothing to do with being against jewish people in general, which is the actual meaning of anti-semitism.

This reminds me of Islamophobia which, as a term, is also tossed around lightly.
It's not anti-Israeli but anti-Zionism

Fishman
06-15-2008, 12:58 PM
What exactly do you think can be done, besides handing out video cameras?
I don't really know. Israel doesn't really listen to what other organisations say. Neither do the Palestinians.
:w:

glo
06-15-2008, 02:42 PM
That's a shocking story. :cry:

I am glad that there are human rights groups (in this case an Israeli one) who are able and willing to film such events; and the media (in this case the BBC) who can spread the information to the rest of the world.

It is getting increasingly difficult, in this age of media coverage and the world wide web, to keep such crimes hidden.

May we all strive for peace and justice, in whichever way we are able to!

snakelegs
06-15-2008, 09:15 PM

not to pick nits but the proper term should be anti-zionist. there are many decent israelis who are fighting their government and who want peace.
problem is the zionists try to deflect critism of israel by screaming antisemitism.
problem is compounded by some muslims who don't distinguish - there are islamic websites that have material on them that is straight out of classical european antisemitism.
the difference between antizionism and antisemitism is very clear to any rational person who is not interested in playing games.
so we all need to be really clear on this.

Amadeus85
06-15-2008, 10:02 PM
Whle condemning these acts of violence done by those settlers, we should notice some things. Anti-israelism can turn into anti-semitism. Its very simple. "We dont like Israelis, and most Israelis are Jews"."We dont like zionists and most zionists are also Jews". There was example from UK where some academics wanted to expell jewish students from english university, because of solidarity with palestinians. Its pure example of antisemitism for me.
To answer North Malaysian, I must remind one discussion that I had with a muslim from Malaysia. We started to talking about jewish- arab conflict and sudennly he said "But the Jews want to rule the world". Is it anti-israelism or anti- semitism? I think that the line can be easily crossed.
The other interesting thing is that those who are called islamophobes use similar tactic. They say- we are not against islam, we just dont like jihadists/islamists/political islam.
I just wanted to notice such issues,not deffending obvious crimes done by settlers or IDF.

north_malaysian
06-16-2008, 12:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
not to pick nits but the proper term should be anti-zionist. .
:thumbs_up

north_malaysian
06-16-2008, 12:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
To answer North Malaysian, I must remind one discussion that I had with a muslim from Malaysia. We started to talking about jewish- arab conflict and sudennly he said "But the Jews want to rule the world". Is it anti-israelism or anti- semitism? I think that the line can be easily crossed.
Well... it's like 99.99% of Malaysian Muslims couldn't differentiate between a Jew, an Israeli and a Zionist. Because none of them ever met one...

But the Islamists tried to change this views by publishing articles about Naturei Kartei in their newspaper.

The weirdest thing is that the secular Nationalist leaders are the one saying that the Jews want to conquer the world (ie. Mahathir) and use it in their propagandas in the government controlled mass media.

islamirama
06-16-2008, 01:45 AM
How about we get on topic. The fact that this it not a one time incident, Palestinians are being terrorized daily by these extremists zealous anti-Palestinian illegal settlers.

Rei0
06-16-2008, 02:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
How about we get on topic. The fact that this it not a one time incident, Palestinians are being terrorized daily by these extremists zealous anti-Palestinian illegal settlers.
Salaam, my first post and I couldn't help watch all 4 videos in your sig.. alhumdulillah I have to admit they've opened my eyes.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-16-2008, 02:36 PM
yeah but we didnt create the word islamaphobia, you did :p

where as jews did create the word "anti-semitic" to make people pity them and so that they could escape criticism!

north_malaysian
06-17-2008, 12:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

where as jews did create the word "anti-semitic" to make people pity them and so that they could escape criticism!
Jews have nothing to do with this...it's the Zionists that created the term "Anti-Semitic"....

Palestinians are semites to...how on earth they could be anti-semitic too? They hate themselves? Stupid Zionists.

Agnostic
06-17-2008, 01:20 AM
Jews have nothing to do with this...it's the Zionists that created the term "Anti-Semitic"....

Palestinians are semites to...how on earth they could be anti-semitic too? They hate themselves? Stupid Zionists.
Actually this seems not to be true(at least the part about Zionists inventing the word), I found this on Wiki and confirmed it at encyclopedia Britannica

"hostility toward or discrimination against Jews as a religious or racial group. The term anti-Semitism was coined in 1879 by the German agitator Wilhelm Marr to designate the anti-Jewish campaigns underway in central Europe at that time"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisem...sage_as_a_term
http://www.britannica.com/eb/article.../anti-Semitism

Sorry to go off topic

arabianprincess
06-17-2008, 02:11 AM
wow that is sad... but its not new to us.. everyone knows that happens to em ... but as they said wat can we do...... ! but obviously we cant .. cuz our sooo called leaders arent that grt + god said when ppl faith is weaken he sends his 3kab.... ,,,, akhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Intisar
06-17-2008, 02:21 AM
:w: I always thought Arabs were semitic as well, so why is the use of the "anti-semitic'' exclusive to only Jews?

As for these attacks, this is honestly nothing new and just goes to show that the Zionists can longer pretend to be the victims anymore because it is evident that they are also the oppressors. Most people no longer buy their act. :)

north_malaysian
06-17-2008, 02:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Agnostic
Actually this seems not to be true(at least the part about Zionists inventing the word), I found this on Wiki and confirmed it at encyclopedia Britannica

"hostility toward or discrimination against Jews as a religious or racial group. The term anti-Semitism was coined in 1879 by the German agitator Wilhelm Marr to designate the anti-Jewish campaigns underway in central Europe at that time"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisem...sage_as_a_term
http://www.britannica.com/eb/article.../anti-Semitism

Sorry to go off topic
Wow, thanks for the info... the Zionists might not be the inventors of that word, but they popularised it...

Tania
06-17-2008, 04:35 AM
The sheeps need to go outside. The issue should be to find a public field, not a private property.

Here too the owner of the land can do anything to protect his property. I heard cases on tv about shepards beat up badly and the law keep their side.

But still to beat a 70 years old woman - shame for the owner.

crayon
06-17-2008, 07:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
:w: I always thought Arabs were semitic as well, so why is the use of the "anti-semitic'' exclusive to only Jews?
Wa alaykum Asalam.

Technically they are semitic as well, but ever since the word was created it referred exclusively to Jews, so that's just the way it's been, I guess.

north_malaysian
06-17-2008, 07:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
But still to beat a 70 years old woman - shame for the owner.
:thumbs_up

Whatsthepoint
06-17-2008, 05:49 PM
Wow, thanks for the info... the Zionists might not be the inventors of that word, but they popularised it...
there's nothing wrong with the word anti-semitism, as long as it is used properly.

tomtomsmom
06-19-2008, 06:41 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7458926.stm

AvarAllahNoor
06-19-2008, 09:01 PM
^ Haha loving the username dude!

Gator
06-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Giving camera's to the Palestinians is a great idea.

islamirama
06-21-2008, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tomtomsmom
He said police were examining the footage closely. They were inquiring into the whether there had been any "provocation" for the apparent attack and whether all the Palestinians in the footage where indeed shepherds.
several masked thugs go on Palestine farm and start battering an old lady and they are looking for "provocations"? how typical of the zionists...

Human rights groups say the Israeli police and the judiciary often show leniency towards the settlers, who live on land captured by Israel in the 1967 war with support from the Israeli state.
Zionist police always turns the other way when illegal settlers harass the locals and even ignore the locals when they tell the soldier to stop them. And if the locals were to talk back or something then the soldiers tell them to go back home or something.

may punish the oppressors.
ameen.

MunirAhmadKamil
06-24-2008, 10:18 PM

Burns me inside so much. I feel so useless:cry:

Abu Hurairah narrates from Rasool-Allah , "Three duaas are such in which there is no doubt of their acceptance: 1) Father's duaa 2) Traveler's duaa 3) Duaa of the oppressed". (Timizi, Ibne Majah)

ameen to thier dua'as

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.