/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tax Payable to Govt

Farhan1
06-16-2008, 09:09 AM
Aslamu Alaikum WAWB,
Brothers and sisters,
I want to ask a question what about the peoples who cheat government by showing low income in business and evading profit tax is it not a sin eventhough the government is runned by a non muslim.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
06-16-2008, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Farhan1
Aslamu Alaikum WAWB,
Brothers and sisters,
I want to ask a question what about the peoples who cheat government by showing low income in business and evading profit tax is it not a sin eventhough the government is runned by a non muslim.
We are, in Islam, taught to live by the laws of the land. By tax evading, you are going against the laws of the land.

noorseeker
06-19-2008, 06:21 AM
Thats why if i ever open a business it will be on my own, coz i will want to show everything i earn, and i knw others will tell me i am being stupid and will lose out on profits

ummsara1108
06-19-2008, 06:48 AM
Ok, let me start by saying, doing wrong is just wrong, however here in America, the law of the land so to speak, is this, there never was suppose to be tax, and when the tax first joined the gov here, it was supposed to be only for a short time to help those in need, but now our gov just wants full control, after all what happened to America's freedom? I know, it went down the tubes, just look were we are today!!! hmmm!!!

Peace and Blessings to all...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Trumble
06-19-2008, 06:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Farhan1
It is not the 'government' being cheated, but the tax dodgers' fellow citizens. The only need government has of money is to spend it on behalf (and in some cases give it directly to) those citizens. It is no morally no different from stealing from those people.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.