/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question on Perfumes or Fragrances

uma96
06-16-2008, 10:05 AM
This may sound a little trivial and I am not really sure if I am posting this on the right forum/thread, but nevertheless, forgive me if incorrect.

I am a convert (or revert), and I have this friend of mine who most of the time confuses me with his ways of always putting up arguments and ending up with - "this is a sunnah or mentioned in a hadith" prompting me to... well, shut up, considering that he is well versed with the arabic language, he was born in a muslim family, and religious at that.

My question is:

1) One day I told him not to put too much oil perfume (considering that the scent is for women and he is a man), as sometimes it may be offensive to other people in the workplace and no longer pleasing to some people's senses, we're all different and what may be good smelling to us may not be to others (considering again that he put on it several times a day). He told me it's a sunnah to put perfume. Is there a sunnah or hadith on this?

2) Wealth... is there a hadith that tackles about wealth and getting rich, as he was insisting again that it was written in a sunnah or something to that effect, or that the Prophet (s.a.w.) had once said something about - "go and get rich".

I know pretty well that it may be a practical question but honestly I don't know the answers and it bothers me that I cannot say anything and no option but to look for info about this subject.

Please quote an authentic hadith or sunnah regarding this subject. I don't want to argue with him, I just want to know what's real and what's not.

Thanks to all in advance and I am sure I will be asking many questions in the future while re-learning my way.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nazia_hk
07-15-2008, 05:00 PM
Firstly a warm welcome to Islam brother... so happy to hear that you are a convert, may Allah make it easy for you:smile:

It seems this thread went unnoticed. I tried to look for some hadiths regarding perfume and wealth, but didn't come up with exactly what you are asking, insha'allah I hope someone esle from the forum will be able to help you out.

Innocent Soul
07-16-2008, 06:27 PM
Assalamualaikum
Sis i got some hadith about perfumes here is the link http://path-to-peace.com/community/s...light=perfumes

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.