/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Feeling down

Lonely Gal
06-16-2008, 12:25 PM
When your feeling down, whats the best way to feel better??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
06-16-2008, 12:31 PM
spendin time wiv family

works for me eeevery time

if you cant do this then..

spend time wiv sahabi's and our prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam... by reading books and listening to lectures :)

but seriously...family helps so much Alhamdulillaah

------
06-16-2008, 12:33 PM
:salamext:

Sis listen to these lectures inshaaAllaah, they wil get your Imaan high again;

That which no eye has seen by Tawfique Chowdhury

Death by Tawfique Chowdhury

Protected_Diamond
06-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Take part in the things you enjoy. Staying active is a good step...if you go and join your local gym and work out insha Allah you may feel better...

Also, listen to your favourite reciter. Sometimes listening to the Quran sharif helps reduce your burden and sister, whatever your worry or concern is leave it to Allah s.w.a. Only true believers are tested so embrace the situation you're in.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Lonely Gal
06-16-2008, 02:14 PM
Thanks...

AhlaamBella
06-16-2008, 02:57 PM
Sis why don't you try getting together with some other sisters? InshAllah that will help. Try attending lectures and courses etc. this will keep your mind occupied and give you a better perspective on things. You can always PM me :)

Lonely Gal
06-16-2008, 03:23 PM
thanks... i hope i feel better, jus wana get out of this black hole.. :cry:

AhlaamBella
06-16-2008, 03:26 PM
Oh Sis, I know you may have heard all this before, but I know exactly how you're feeling. I've been through it recently... still am. Do youmind me asking how old you are?

------
06-16-2008, 03:27 PM

InshaAllaah after the lectures you'll feel better sis. Try and go to the masjid as well inshaaAllaah to some Islamic talks.

M..x
06-16-2008, 03:32 PM
Yeh man, Ano tha feelings =(

Periwinkle18
06-16-2008, 03:32 PM
When i feel down i talk to my mum helps alot.

Lonely Gal
06-16-2008, 03:33 PM
lol its funny at that age u like to round up, and when u get to my age u start rounding down!
thanks to all u for helping..

AhlaamBella
06-16-2008, 03:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lonely Gal
lol its funny at that age u like to round up, and when u get to my age u start rounding down!
thanks to all u for helping..
lol that's true. Keep smiling sis :) we all here for you :)

Layla454
06-16-2008, 04:07 PM
I'm so sorry sisters that you're all feeling down :(

Try to reflect on our purpose in life and that our stay here on earth is a temporary one. Also think about those people all over the world who are suffering and don't even have a morsel of food to eat :(

piXie
06-16-2008, 05:36 PM
:sl:

Hey, we can't afford to have such a talented and inspirational member like you feel down!

Here, give me your hand, n let me pull you back up. You know, I tried doing that to someone once. n instead of pulling them UP, I went down myself. hmm :-\

But sis, lets remember. Any sadness, misery, or pain that we feel, they are like golden stairs in front of u. Which you can climb, and go higher n higher in status and rank. :smile:

You know what you need? Something really yummmy and nutritious to eat. I wouldn't mind making it for you either. 'cept..your not here, n I might end up eating it myself :-[

Cheer up

I went to this course and the sheikh told us, reading Astaghfaar and Salawaat is as important as taking vitamin C.

n those who read them, guess what? Allaah takes away all their depression, anxiety, and... ( see now, I forgot the third thing. bad memory imsad)

I even bought myself a memory course :anger: ...silly thing doesn't work!

Actually, I didn't remember to do it - see human nature? Always blaming everything but themselves :-[

neways, you need the healthy food which lifts the mood.

ACE Vitamins to give u A Grades in Both Worlds. Victory, here we come insha'Allaah! :p

A - Apricots, Carrots, Papaya, Mango, Tomatoes, Cress (wonderful super food!), Dates, Fish.

C - All citrus Fruits, such as Lemons, Oranges, Grapefruit. Peppers and kiwi fruit contain double vitamin C. (Nearly all fruit n veggie (raw) have Vitamin C)

E - Nuts (Almonds, Cashews, Walnuts), Avacardo, Oils (Olive oil, veggie oil, pour over salad)

n make sure you have Porridge once a day. Very good for your nervous system. n very good mood lifter.

You also need selenium (Found in Brazil nuts and eggs)

er that should be enough for now :skeleton:

Sometimes we use our brains soo much, that we need double, triple the nutrients!

n last but not least:

POSITIVE THINKING

(Assisted by ACE vitamins --> giving you more strength to fight of any negative thoughts frm shaytaan. Last thing we need <_<)

RELAX ( n this is some advice I could do with too :rollseyes)

------
06-16-2008, 05:51 PM

^ She wanted advice not a science lecture ;D Joking lol nice advice mashaaAllaah

Afraa
06-16-2008, 06:15 PM
I take a walk, it usually clears my mind.

glo
06-16-2008, 07:59 PM
There may be many reasons why you feel down, so it's not really possible to give you a clear answer.

Sometimes, when I feel down, it helps me to very consciously remind myself of all the good things in my life, and to develop a gratitude for them.
Sometimes it is easy for me to dwell on the negative things - the things that I find hard, the times I fail, the things that go wrong.

Making a very conscious effort to bring the good things to my mind can help me lift my mood.

Try it - even on days when you feel everything went wrong you will find good things to be glad about ... if only you look hard enough! :statisfie

peace

Lonely Gal
06-17-2008, 09:24 AM
thanks people.. for all the advice and science lec..
im the type a person who finds it very difficult to focus on the positives, i always look too deep into the negatives..

IbnAbdulHakim
06-17-2008, 09:36 AM
^ then change that inshaAllaah

effective immediately!!!!!!!

negativity aint good, whenever you get a negative thought push it out and try making dhikr or something until a positive thought comes into your head

u probably got it good but you cant see it, inshaAllaah things might get better

Assalamu Alaikum

afzalaung
06-18-2008, 10:41 PM
When i'm down...i tend to take a walk along the bank of the Niles...
sometimes when i feel really hopeless...i read the Qur'an
other times..i just call up a close friend..
and when i'm home..i'ill go and play with the children

when things get really desperate...i just take some pills and go to sleep...which is not very advisable...

cute123
06-19-2008, 07:56 AM
I will tell you to listen Surah Al Bakharah . I mean aim to listen to it. if you specially like a surah listen to it. and then slowly turn to this Surah. I realized it gives immense satisfaction and happiness automatically. its as if it killed the whispers in me. its as if everything is green around you. whatever the thing may be. allah tallah knows that what we require and hence thats been given to us in the form of Salaah and Quraan. just dont think, just do it , allah tallah's word is quite high and able to heal.

Eeman
06-29-2008, 08:01 PM
whenever i feel down sis i do two rakah nafl and read tha Qur'an and the peace and content reading the Qur'an brings into myheart Alhumdulillah is unimaginable.

niler
07-09-2008, 09:51 AM
[QUOTE][/spendin time wiv family

but seriously...family helps so much AlhamdulillaahQUOTE]

wat if ur family is the source of ur misery??

Lonely Gal
07-09-2008, 09:54 AM
yes what then..??

Re.TiReD
07-09-2008, 01:04 PM
yes what then..??
AssalamuAlaykum

Then you spend some time alone, nice and shimple :D

But when you do that make sure you dont drag yourself into further depression by mulling over your negative thoughts. Keep yourself busy, guard yourself from the whispers of shaytaan.

Listen to some recitation, hang out with friends. Just do something. Personally I paint (On canvas) when I need to take my mind off of things. Either that or eat :D lol kiddin but seriously, thinking -ve thoughts will just push you further down.

Life is short, Live, laugh and learn, BE HAPPY :D

WassalamuAlaykum

chacha_jalebi
07-09-2008, 01:26 PM
with mee yeah like this mornin i was all upbeat laa dee daa, *the world is full of flowers and lets pick them* :p in that mood

but now i just feel down lol, i dunno what it is, jus blame the shaytan!

i think he wants us to feel down and stuff, jus remembaa Allah (swt) and occupy yaself with summin, fill up your sink with water, and hold your head in there see how long you can survive lol :D

the more your just sittin around, the more you will be tinkin and the more you think, either the more happpy you get or the sadder and depressed you get! so jus do anythin,if your friends are busy or you dont have any :p just entertain yourself, do some cooking :D or summin!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-09-2008, 01:29 PM
why feel down?

it takes too much effort to feel down

feeling up is easy though

its just too nice

i forgot how to feel down now.

you know you should sing some nasheeds, trust me you'll feel happy !!! do anything your talented at, you'll feel goood ! inshaAllaah

------
07-09-2008, 02:03 PM
yes what then..??
Try and sort things out with them, esp ur hubby. Beacuse if you fight with him 24/7 and disagree on every little thing, life isn't going to be all good.

aminahjaan
07-10-2008, 08:54 PM
I watch something really funny, or like make my cat mad
or talk go to my friends house and then hit the movies or mall or somethin

truemuslim
07-11-2008, 01:43 AM
do what i do. sit waaaay over there where no one is, take a quran, start memorizing, after you finish memorizing at least 3 long surahs then take another nice book and read about the sahaba and the prophet muhammed (saw)
:) you WILL feel much more islamic. (inshallah_)

anonymous
07-11-2008, 11:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
with Mee Yeah Like This Mornin I Was All Upbeat Laa Dee Daa, *the World Is Full Of Flowers And Lets Pick Them* :p In That Mood

But Now I Just Feel Down Lol, I Dunno What It Is, Jus Blame The Shaytan!

I Think He Wants Us To Feel Down And Stuff, Jus Remembaa Allah (swt) And Occupy Yaself With Summin, Fill Up Your Sink With Water, And Hold Your Head In There See How Long You Can Survive Lol :d
!
Hahahahahahah Bro U Are Hilarious Man!!!

Pure Imaan
07-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Whenever Im feeling down I eitha take a LOOOONG walk in the park, or listen to lectures talking about jannah, that cheers me up to the MAAAAX ;-)

jameelash
07-14-2008, 01:41 AM
salam,wen i feel lonely i just browse net and time really run fast.sometimes i read quran and get such a peace of mind.

arabianprincess
07-14-2008, 04:07 AM
akh family ... i wish my family can help me ..when they r the CAUSE of it ... bas all i can do is thank allah for everythin n like just thinkin of him n reading the Quran doing everythin rite so that just cheers ME up .... so hopefullly it DOEs for u............... :) :D take care salamz

MAY ALLAH HELPS U :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.