/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Religion

qwerty
06-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Right I believe in no god. Nothing against people who do, but I just wondered what religious people (like you lot here) think about life. I mean one thing all religions say is when you die you move on to somewhere better. So what is your out take on life, is it to enjoy or is it just to wait and die so you can move on or is it something else all together.

In my view once you die it is just like how it was before you were born. Life is there to live. make something out of it and live it.

Also if God loved us so much, why does he let men go to war and kill each other? Surely if he was so powerful and peace loving he will stop this unnecessary slaughter.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum as I am new.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
06-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Hello and welcome :)

Interesting question.

We believe mankind were created for a purpose. We werent created for mere play/to live life for the sake of it and then die. Allah says, trans of:

Did you think that We had created you in play (without any purpose), and that you would not be brought back to Us?"
23:115

Our view on life is that we have one. Once we are dead theres no coming back on earth. We'll be rewarded/punished for our sins on earth.
Yes we can enjoy ourselves, but enjoyment is of different sorts. There are limits within islam that cannot be crossed though.

God loves those who do righteous deeds. God knows each and every one of us, but we have been given free will..its like the rules are there (The Quran and hadith-sayings and actions of Prophet Muhammed peace and blessings be upon him)
We arent robots, we've been given our minds to think of what is right and wrong, what to do and not to do. And each person will then be judged for what they did and didnt do.

What do you believe the purpose of life is?

qwerty
06-16-2008, 05:00 PM
I think the purpose of life is to live. It is a gift we have got, to live our life's and to make something out of our selfs.

I just can't believe about life after death stuff which most religions claim to lead you to a better place once you die. I think once you die thats it you are dead and thats it. But there again who knows ^o)

crayon
06-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Hey qwerty, welcome to the forums.:smile:

In islam, we believe that this life is a test that we must pass to go to a better place, in other words, paradise. If you "fail" so to speak, then you end up in hell. So life after death is not necessarily better, it depends on each persons actions in this life. We believe that those who testify to the oneness of God (Allah), follow the prophet Muhammad's :arabic5: way, and have good deeds that outweigh their bad ones, will go to heaven. So for muslims, this life is our chance to do all the good we can, so that we end up in heaven in our next life.

As for suffering on earth, it is techinically just part of the test that each person goes through. It's discussed thouroghly in this thread, check it out: http://www.islamicboard.com/134265730-why-doesnt-god-stop-all-suffering-earth.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Afraa
06-16-2008, 07:21 PM
Qwerty,

There must be a reason as to why you chose this forum out of all the others.
This life is a test and we were brought here to follow and believe. We all know everyone will face death and there are many things said about the afterlife.

You stated that life is a gift, but who gave us this gift? anything and everything can happen with the will of Allah(swt) The food we eat and the bed we wake from every morning, alhamdulilah, those are blessing from Allha(swt)

Just because their might be people starving, it doesn't mean we are favored more. we all go thru different strokes and thats wat makes us human and that how we are tested, for our wills.

but may allah lead you to the right religion because truly islam is a beautiful religion. Alhamdulilah i am one.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.