/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Intensive Arabic and Islamic Courses - Summer 2008

arabic_courses
05-24-2008, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbuSalahudeen
Salam,

Those of you who are in the uk and are after some good references that are well recognized by the Islamic Universities here is what a senior student in Madinah has said about who to get good references from and I ber witness to what he said because when i went what he said was true.

PS the bits in red are from me:

Assalaamu alaikum

If there is anyone who would like to apply to the Islamic University of Madinah, all they need to do is send their papers to my Address in Madinah and I will personally hand it in. however, I don’t want to un-necessarily get anyone’s hopes up, as getting into the Islamic University of Madinah is purely down to Allaah’s Qadr. Some have got in without even one letter of recommendation and not even knowing what soorah al’faatihah is (like one Chinese brother who was in my class when I first got here) and some people try year after year with a folder full of letters of recommendation, and they don’t get in. It is just down to Allaah’s Qadr and then ones Du’aa. One should take the necessary means for a du’aa to be answered and I personally advise that one should try at least once to stand in prayer during the night and ask Allaah during the last third of the night for the tawfeeq to be allowed to study in the Islamic University of Madinah.

So after one has taken the most important means to get into the Islamic University of Madinah (ie to ask Allaah) the most effective secondary means of getting in is letters of recommendation. I have personally sat down and spoken to those who accept applications and they have told me that the likes of Shaykh Suhaib Hasan of Masjid Tawheed, London, and the ‘Jam’iyyah ahl al.Hadeeth’ are known to them and hold a heavy weight when it comes to choosing those who will be accepted. Also, Shaykh Ahmad Uwais is also well known to those who deal with the acceptance of students however from what I have heard he has left London and gone back to Somalia. However, if one can somehow get a letter of recommendation from him when he visits England, then that would be excellent.

Shaykh Ahmed Uwais is back in the UK and is seen often praying in the Somali run masjid in Tottenham (North London) or in masjid tawheed in Leyton east london. He is very friendly and very approachable mashallah and speaks somali, english and arabic fluently.

After that, all one needs to do is download the application form here => http://www.iu.edu.sa/admissionform.doc

And post it to me at:

Jamah Tucker
Islamic University of Madinah
PO Box 10133
Madinah, Saudi Arabia

Below is some extra criteria that the University looks out for and I have added some extra comments to explain some of the points and to highlight others.

And finally, I have spoken to those in charge of new applications today and I explained to them my course and what I would be teaching over the summer holidays. I was told by the administration that as I am a student at the Islamic university I can give those students who study with Arabic-courses.com a letter of recommendation and this will aid the applicant in the acceptance process and also priority is given to applicants who have a good grasp of the Arabic language both spoken and written. So due to this we will now be offering a written letter of recommendations to all those who complete the Arabic courses with us. Also, if after the course one would like to personally apply to the Islamic University of Madinah and have a formal interview, then we will be happy to take them to the University and show them where to go.

I hope this helps you brother and sisters wishing to apply...

:w:

Assalaamu alaikum

I had posted the above and offered to help anyone who wanted to apply to Madeenah Uni. However, this is my last year, so please don’t send your papers as I will soon be in England.

However, we at www.Arabic-courses.com can still help anyone who wants to have a better chance of being accepted. We are able to give recognised letters of recommendation to those students who attend our courses and show a good level of good manners and learning.

Please visit our site for more info.

Assalaamu alaikum

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iuX9XtF0-dw

For more information Visit:
http://www.arabic-courses.com/summer2008/acis.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
arabic_courses
06-08-2008, 09:18 PM

Assalaamu alaikum

Just a reminder of the arabic courses we are holding this year.

Arabic courses, covering three levels,
* Basic reading the letters, and writing them, whilst learning words
and common du’aas,
* Book 1 with other important integrated Islamic literature,
* Book 2 with other important integrated Islamic literature.

When looking for a good arabic course to join, consider the following things that make us different than all the rest…

•We endeavour to teach Arabic and connect our lessons to the Qur’aan and the Sunnah, which is something you will not find in most institutes.

•We have teachers who have studied Arabic and have experience in teaching it. Additionally, our teachers have already gone through the process of learning Arabic from scratch, which gives them that advantage of being able to relate to the student as they learn a new language.

•We endeavour to help the student develop their understanding of the Arabic language through practical application of what they learn on Islamic related text. Many teach their students stories about cats and dogs and other irrelevant topics that are not related to Islaam. On the other hand we teach our students stories about the prophets, the sahaabah and other stories and text related to Islam.

•When we teach arabic, we integrate with it du’aas, verses of the Qur’aan, Hadeeth, and also we integrate into our lessons necessary tools to understand Islamic text, like important principles in usool al fiqh, usool al tafseer, balaaghah and other important sciences. Most importantly for this subject, we teach the REASON why the arabic language is the way it is!! We teach the reasons behind them to help the student understand grammar better and make it easier to memorise.

•We aim to arm our students with the necessary weapons needed to combat the whispers of shaytaan and other worldly temptations by teaching the students the prophetic supplications whilst learning the Arabic language. We will connect the du’aa with the rules and words taught and learnt during the lessons.

•We do no teach modern colloquial Arabic, or Egyptian Arabic as they, although called Arabic, have no connection to the Islamic text. We teach classical fus.haa Arabic, the Arabic of the Qur’aan.

•We give the students opportunities to memorise verses of the Qur’aan and hadeeth while learning their meaning.

•We offer free access to our Arabic-Courses.com forum whereby the student will be able to continue their studies, ask questions, communicate freely and move forward online.

•We give genuine accepted letters of recommendation to those brothers who complete the Arabic courses for those who want to apply to the Islamic University of Madeenah, and we offer free aid and advice for those who wish to study abroad.

Muhammad
06-16-2008, 11:10 PM
:sl:

I've copied your posts into a new thread for easier access and viewing by members Insha'Allaah.

arabic_courses
06-18-2008, 02:23 PM

Assalaamu alaikum

Foundation and Beginners course for sisters will be, by the permission of Allaah, commencing on the coming Monday.

Arabic-courses would like to remind those who would like to come but have not registered that time is running short and ID cards need to be made in advance in order for you to attend the course.

Please do not hesitate to put forward any concerns regarding payments as we would hate this to be a barrier in your path of attaining knowledge. We have offered solutions to some of those who had difficulties in payment.

Any enquiries email: contact-us@arabic-courses.com
More information visit: www.arabic-courses.com

Please don’t delay as you only have a few days left.

Note: anyone who wants to attend cannot just turn up on the day without registering as ID cards are a requirement to enter the building.

Jazakallaah khair

Assalaamu alaikum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
arabic_courses
07-05-2008, 12:32 PM

Assalaamu alaikum

This is a last announcement for those who still want to attend our arabic course.

We will be starting book 1 of the madeenah series in shaa Allaah on Monday 7th July in “Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design”
At “Southampton Row, Holborn, London, WC18 4AR”

The directions of how to get there are as follows:
• Closest tube station is Holborn.
• When you leave the station, take the exit that is directly in front of you onto the main road not the exit on your right.
• When you come out of the station take right, and keep walking in this direction straight down,
• Until you get to a pedestrian crossing, then cross over and keep walking down for 2 minute,
• Continue this until you see a big ancient looking terracotta coloured building on your right, --- That is the university of Arts.

You will be required to bring at least two pens, and paper.

It is not advised that anyone just turns up as ID cards are needed. So please drop us an email and we can confirm your place and ID cards for entry.

Jazaakallaahu khairan for your time.

Assalaamu alaikum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.