/* */

PDA

View Full Version : help a sista out

sistajannah
06-17-2008, 09:26 AM
assalam alaikum

i just wanted to ask a question . i am 19 years old and inshallah i want to get married. the questions is how can i find a good muslim brother. i can't really ask me parents as i don't want to marry someone from the same background as my self.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lonely Gal
06-17-2008, 09:29 AM
why do u not wana marry someone of the same background??

Cabdullahi
06-17-2008, 09:32 AM
maybe she just doesnt want to

IbnAbdulHakim
06-17-2008, 09:33 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

why cant you ask your parents?

you know in islaam the parents are given soo many rights for a reason, if you obey them you'll be blessed. If your parents find someone for you and you n they both make dua' then your marriage will be doubly blessed.

just because they look doesnt mean they cant find someone you like, just tell them what you like..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
06-17-2008, 09:35 AM
:salamext:

Sis what culture are you?

sistajannah
06-17-2008, 09:39 AM
I just don’t want to.

ibnabdulhakim:

I can not ask my parents, as they will only bring me someone who is from the same culture as me.

------
06-17-2008, 09:41 AM
hmm...

IbnAbdulHakim
06-17-2008, 09:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sistajannah

ibnabdulhakim:

I can not ask my parents, as they will only bring me someone who is from the same culture as me.
but if they want you to marry someone from the same culture as yourself then marrying otherwise might hurt them quite badly.

Every culture, EVERY culture has its beautiful and pious people.

just pray for one

Assalamu Alaikum

SouLda_Gal
06-17-2008, 01:06 PM
wel i think its pretty fair if she doesnt want to ask her parents kz she knows dey gna get her sumone frm same bakground... i understand her kz its normal wid bare people.. sum parents neva wana undastand lol... oh well...ermmm sis how about talkin to someone esle... lyk ur cousin or frends or even some mosques do these kind of things.. lyk for someone whos lukin 4 marriage they set them up with the type they lookin 4.. sumit like that..
peace

Souljette
06-17-2008, 02:51 PM
:sl:

Sis where are you from and where do you live?? if you dont mind me askng

Cabdullahi
06-17-2008, 03:36 PM
I think the sister is stuck in a situation where she feels she is ready for marriage but is finding it hard to ask her parents and also her preference of a husband that she wants might not be agreed with her parents.

------
06-17-2008, 03:37 PM

What's wrong with the same background?!?! :muddlehea

Cabdullahi
06-17-2008, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

What's wrong with the same background?!?! :muddlehea
Whats wrong with marrying from a different background?!?!

there's nothing wrong with it,its not haram is it,its just a personal choice

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
06-17-2008, 04:30 PM
I think I undestand what she means but then you have to think that everybody comes from a culture so when you do marry someone from a culture other then yours you might still find things that you are not too happy with. Do you want to get married to someone out of your cullture just because you dont like it, or because it interferes with religion to much?

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
06-17-2008, 04:34 PM
BTW I dont think by us knowing which culture the sister is from can help her.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.