/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Childhood games...

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
06-17-2008, 04:41 PM
Does anyone remember the games you used to play as a kid? I remember the playground at school used to be such an adventure lol. Anyway it just brings a smile to my face evertime I think of the games we used to play or sometimes come up with :statisfie

anyway heres a few I remember:

• racing cars down a slope
  • pretending to be superman by using my coat as the cloak and running around lol
  • hide n seek (ofcourse)
  • blind man's buff or bluff :?
  • kick the can
  • pogs
  • marbles

Im sure people from diffrent parts of the world played diffrent games so it might be intresting to know...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
06-17-2008, 04:56 PM
:sl:
Tieing two cushions to our front and back so we could play ninja turtles. We used our khalas dubatas as headbands.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
06-17-2008, 04:58 PM
^ man!! why didnt I think of that as a kid lool...turtules were the kewl.

Güven
06-17-2008, 04:59 PM
Yah Ofcourse LOL
We played:
- TAG game
- Thieves and Cops
- Using Shopping Cart And copying the people in The show( jackass) LOL:D
- Keepie Uppie
- Hide N Seek Was Fun Too
- and A LOT of Soccer games :D

That was Good old Days LOL ;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crayon
06-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Obstacle courses! They weren't technically obstacle courses, but it was this game my brother and I used to play. We'd assign certain tasks in a certain order and see who finished first. Things like drinking a whole glass of water, going up and down the stairs, drinking a table spoon of hot sauce, etc... It was so much fun. :)

aamirsaab
06-17-2008, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
^ man!! why didnt I think of that as a kid lool...turtules were the kewl.
We also played ghostbusters, using one of those kiddie phone things as the ghost trap (it had a little button in the middle which if was hit would pop the handle open - as far as we were concerned, this was the epitomy of bad ass). For the blaster we'd just use anything. Somtimes a nerf gun, sometimes a kitchen roll.

He-man was done via one of those crappy plastic sword things (almost always pink - but this was before we knew what gay meant so our parents didn't mind) you get from fair grounds for a quid or so. But they broke easily (since we smashed everything that wasn't living with it) so we would get like 3/4 at a time. We didn't have a holster for the sword to go in like He Man does, so we'd just put the thing in the back of our shirts and run around the house. Sometimes it would get stuck - there is nothing more embarrasing than saying ''I have the power'' and then not being able to get your sword out because it's stuck in the back of your pants.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
06-17-2008, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
We also played ghostbusters, using one of those kiddie phone things as the ghost trap (it had a little button in the middle which if was hit would pop the handle open - as far as we were concerned, this was the epitomy of bad ass). For the blaster we'd just use anything. Somtimes a nerf gun, sometimes a kitchen roll.

He-man was done via one of those crappy plastic sword things (almost always pink - but this was before we knew what gay meant so our parents didn't mind) you get from fair grounds for a quid or so. But they broke easily (since we smashed everything that wasn't living with it) so we would get like 3/4 at a time. We didn't have a holster for the sword to go in like He Man does, so we'd just put the thing in the back of our shirts and run around the house. Sometimes it would get stuck - there is nothing more embarrasing than saying ''I have the power'' and then not being able to get your sword out because it's stuck in the back of your pants.

haha I remember those swords and the many faults they came with but sometimes we had to improvise and use a stick or something from the garden :D we actually did pretty everyhting you said about he-man

aamirsaab
06-17-2008, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
haha I remember those swords and the many faults they came with but sometimes we had to improvise and use a stick or something from the garden :D we actually did pretty everyhting you said about he-man
Lol, Great minds think alike!

Oh it was great as a child in the 80s. These days, kids aren't nearly encouraged as much to use their imagination - but that's a rant best saved for another day! :D

Amat Allah
06-17-2008, 05:46 PM
Asalamo Alikom

I can remember my sisters and I were playing who can hold his breath longer...once I felt dizzy and my face turned to blue and that made my mother shout on me hehehehe old days...we were playing the neighbors game(hi how are you today ???what about your children?hehehehe)and many games most of them are dangerous cause they are more exciting !^^....

really great thread my brother...

may Allah reward you with everything you want...

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Güven
06-17-2008, 05:50 PM
^^ O yeah you reminded me of The Neighbours LOL

We'd always Ring the bell of my neighbours or someone unkown and run away And when they go inside ,we'd ring again and they were goin craaaaaazy LOL and sometimes people run after you and then ....we goin Scared lol

Amat Allah
06-17-2008, 05:53 PM
we were doing the same....hehehehehe and that was really fun...!!^^

Nájlá
06-17-2008, 06:02 PM
nice thread.

me and my mates used to play:
/hide n seek
/egg
/n yeh the neighbours
/skipping

Lonely Gal
06-18-2008, 08:17 AM
stuck in the mud
It
Crystal maze, we used a paper scrunched into a ball to be a crystal and created a maze in my mums bedroom, and we used to time each other..
:-[
anyone remember pogs? or were they called summat else?
Rounders... in the playground, using our hands as a bat LOL!!!

Lonely Gal
06-18-2008, 08:24 AM
we used to play sumat called 'kerbsy' one person wud stand either side of the kerb, and they had to bounce a ball on to the other sides, tryna get it to bounce back, gaining points each time...

------
06-18-2008, 08:32 AM
:salamext:

• Pogs (yeh they called Pogs lol I can remember VERY vaguely)
  • Monopoly
  • Payday
  • Ker-Plunk
  • Family Fortunes
  • There was a yo-yo craze about a decade ago lol

I'll add some more to the list later if I remember InshaaAllaah.

AhlaamBella
06-18-2008, 08:37 AM
Oh I remember the yo yo craze lol.I was in year 2 I think... lol. I liked playing stuck in the mud lol

crayon
06-18-2008, 08:38 AM
I'm sure pokemon was a global craze.. I never really liked them though.

Omg FURBIES. God those things were creepy. There was a time where every single kid had at least one...

Building "forts" using all the cushions from the couches, pillows, blankets, etc. Then camping out.

Girls against boys snowball fights at school.. We'd build these whole snow forts, with actual tunnels and everything.

Coloring "contests" that no one ever won... i still love coloring, lol.

Tag, freeze tag, hide and seek, cops and robbers..

Murder in the dark!!!

Truth or Dare

"karateeeeeee!!!" that's how we said it. It was just my brothers and I play fighting, lol, no karate involved. So much fun, though, sometimes my mom would join in hah.

Ahhh good times.:smile:

------
06-18-2008, 08:39 AM

^ @ RG - That jogs something in memory...Hmm...

Lonely Gal
06-18-2008, 08:39 AM
tamagochies????? dunno how to spell the name!!

crayon
06-18-2008, 08:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lonely Gal
tamagochies????? dunno how to spell the name!!
Ooooh yes!! Mine always died for some reason....
We called them nanopets where I came from, though.

------
06-18-2008, 08:41 AM

Oh yeh...ahh the good times we used to have without computers lol

crayon
06-18-2008, 08:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

Oh yeh...ahh the good times we used to have without computers lol
So true lol... I feel sorry for kids these days. They're either playing computer games, video games, or watching TV.

Lonely Gal
06-18-2008, 08:42 AM
mines always got fat! lol... kept feeding it so it had big hearts :-D
mines was a lil doggy, and in colour pink..
uhh not a pink dog by the way.. hehe
also tryna get from one sofa to anothers.. pretending the floor was a sea, and we could only get over using cushions etc lol!

Al-Zaara
06-18-2008, 08:43 AM
lol We used to play DragonBall in the sense after every episode when the main character Goku learned something new (martial arts), wacted as ifwe had learned it too.. We jumped and fought, using (almost) the same techniques as in the cartoon.

Once Goku had to meditate. His sensei said "Don't think. Be a rock" and he did that throughout the whole episode. So little me did aswell, all day. lol Yeas later I actually began practicing martial arts and darn, my old abilities didn't help at all! Surprise, surprise. ;D

Lonely Gal
06-18-2008, 08:44 AM
very tru... glad our child hood werent focused round a PC and mobile phones,, we lived a proper chilhood. these days the kids grow up with out playing like we used to..
any of the girls remember french skippin? englang ireland, scotland....
inside outside inside on..

------
06-18-2008, 08:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
So true lol... I feel sorry for kids these days. They're either playing computer games, video games, or watching TV.

Yeh we used to be imaginative back in the days :shade:

crayon
06-18-2008, 08:45 AM
mines always got fat! lol... kept feeding it so it had big hearts :-D
mines was a lil doggy, and in colour pink..
uhh not a pink dog by the way.. hehe
also tryna get from one sofa to anothers.. pretending the floor was a sea, and we could only get over using cushions etc lol!
Yeah, we did that too! Except it was "the floor is made of lava!!!":D

inside outside inside on..
YESSS! I only ever played that in the year I was at a catholic school though, because most of the people were british. In Canada/my other schools we just did regular skipping.

------
06-18-2008, 08:46 AM

Yeh MashaaAllaah...

AhlaamBella
06-18-2008, 08:46 AM
inside outside...
Donkey's tails!! :D:D:D:D

lol we said: "england Ireland scotland wales, inside outside, donkey's tails" lol

Lonely Gal
06-18-2008, 08:47 AM
lol.. great pik!

crayon
06-18-2008, 08:48 AM
What was that thing, where you had this rope/string, and you put your fingers around it and made shapes, and then another girl would do something else, and it was this whole game thing...?

Lonely Gal
i couldnt remember the proper sayin.. im sure we dint use donkey tail thO!
o this is bringing some good old memz back!

Lonely Gal
o i member that!!! dno wats its called tho... hmmm

------
06-18-2008, 08:50 AM

Hopscotch anyone? :D

Al-Zaara
06-18-2008, 08:52 AM
I remember we used to play detectives aswell.

Stalking random people, imagining stories about them (what they have done and who has sent us the mission) and freakin' the heck out of them. ;D

Then of course playing doctor, housewife, superhero..

When we were in big groups we played a game which i don't remember the name of unfortunately.. But it went like we all sat in a big circle and closed our eyes. The teacher went around the circle and marked an X at someone's back with the finger (only the marked one knew and the teacher) and after a while told us to open our eyes. Then there was background scary music and we all walked around the room and watching each other. Then this marked with an X-person would blink fast with the eye at someone and that person would then die! The point was to find the murderer! It could be really hard to guess when we were over 30 kids!

:thumbs_up I loved that game.

Lonely Gal
06-18-2008, 08:54 AM
hopscotch.. :)

------
06-18-2008, 08:55 AM

Hopscotch anyone? :D
hopscotch.. :)

^ Said it already :p

Al-Zaara
06-18-2008, 08:55 AM
Simon says... :D

Lonely Gal
06-18-2008, 08:56 AM
yeh saw that.. dats y put a smiley.. we always used to draw it on the front pavement.. mum werent impressed lol

Lonely Gal
06-18-2008, 08:57 AM
I spy with my lil eye..

------
06-18-2008, 08:57 AM
^ yeh lol

format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Simon says... :D

"Hop on one leg"
*one person out of five hops on one leg*
"yourrrrrrrrrrrr out!, I didn't say simon says"

:D

Also, someone remember "Mother, May I?" or something along those lines?

Lonely Gal
06-18-2008, 08:59 AM
mother may i? wat was that

------
06-18-2008, 09:01 AM

Something like 1 person tells you to take a step forward or 2 step back or something, and if you move without saying 'Mother, May I?', you were out...

Lonely Gal
06-18-2008, 09:02 AM
O ok not cum across that one..
whats the time mister wolf???
chinese whispers????

------
06-18-2008, 09:03 AM

^ Yeh, chinese whispers was the best lol, the sentence used to come out at the end completely different to what it was started as!!

Lonely Gal
06-18-2008, 09:07 AM
Sure Did!!!

Cabdullahi
06-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Has everybody forgot about 'KNOCK A DOOR RUN'

------

^ That was a guy thing lol

Lonely Gal
wasnt that mentioned earlier? wasnt its called knock and bolt?

Cabdullahi
06-18-2008, 09:12 AM

^ That was a guy thing lol
You think so?:)

Lonely Gal
06-18-2008, 09:20 AM
anyone member a thing u make out of paper, on top u write colours, and inside u bit write numbers and under the flap u write messages, i.e teachers pet, u stink etc..
so one person wud use their hands to move the thing and the other person wud choose the colours, number etc...

------
06-18-2008, 09:21 AM

yeh...!!....Ermm....arghhh what was it now... :hiding:

Cabdullahi
06-18-2008, 09:23 AM
its was called something like diamonds? something like that

Souljette
06-18-2008, 09:24 AM
OMGG I REMEMBER THT game wit the papers lolz i forgot the name tho lolzz

I remember playin tag, tug of war, wrestling with my brothers, badminton, duck and goose where the person goes around and touches everyone's head and keeps going duck, duck, duck nd den GOOSE lolz nyways ye nd blind man's bluff i think, monopoly

Lonely Gal
it was more of a guy thing.. but a lot gals did it too!

Souljette
ooo nd remember ring around the roses, pocket full of posies, somethin somethin we all fall down lolz

Lonely Gal
06-18-2008, 09:25 AM
omg duck duck duck goose!!!!!!!!!! lol i member that

Lonely Gal
06-18-2008, 09:25 AM
ring a ring roses, a pocket full of posies, a tissue a tissue we all fall down!

Cabdullahi
06-18-2008, 09:29 AM
what about uno cards?

Lonely Gal
06-18-2008, 09:29 AM
yup yup

Lonely Gal
06-18-2008, 09:30 AM
black jack / 21- cards?

Souljette
06-18-2008, 09:39 AM
yeeeee i used to play UNO SOOO MCHH, nd 21 nd bull*** lolzz

------
06-18-2008, 09:48 AM

Media Tags are no longer supported

------
06-18-2008, 09:49 AM
WHAT IS IT CALLED?!?! :heated:

Souljette
06-18-2008, 09:58 AM
I DONT KNOW i'll try findin out lolz calmmm downn

Lonely Gal
06-18-2008, 10:04 AM
triangle paper fortune teller

------
06-18-2008, 10:09 AM

Killed it...

Souljette
06-18-2008, 10:11 AM
lol

Lonely Gal
06-18-2008, 10:14 AM
was that ryt?

------
06-18-2008, 10:16 AM

No... ;D

Muhammad
06-18-2008, 10:17 AM
:sl:

Insha'Allaah please continue in the gender rooms, as this is an idle topic that leads to unnecessary mixing between brothers and sisters.

Thread Closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.