/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Animals not slaughtered in the name of Allah - forbidden?

Allah's_Student
06-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Hello, I am not sure if this happens throughout the United States, but at times me and my family as well other Muslims I know, has eaten animals that were not were not slaughtered in the methods in which Muslims are supposed to. We used to eat farm animals, but we have no such animals now and have been turning to alternatives such as chicken at the supermarket.

The question I want to know is eating such animals, and foods (such as a hamburger) completely forbidden? And if so how does it compare with other forbidden meals such as pork? :?

Thank you for reading my question.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
06-19-2008, 04:46 PM
Yes its completely forbidden to eat meat that isn't halal, hence any meat that hasn't be sacrificed with right method, mentioning of bismillah, etc is haraam - forbidden

Try and look for halal meat, or if you have your own animals read into the proper method of slaughter and do it yourself! :thumbs_up

Allah's_Student
06-21-2008, 05:34 AM
Jazaka Allahu Khairan for answering my question. That is what I kind of expected, I will try to find a source of halal meat inshallah, either that or I'll have to be a vegetarian. lol

Woodrow
06-21-2008, 03:09 PM
This is a problem and a paradox. As Islam grows less Muslims are entering into the agarian fields. The result being a greater proportion of the world's food is being produced by non-Muslims.

Today the majority of the world's food comes from USA, Canada, Australia, Argentena, New Zealand. The Islamic world is becoming dependant on imported food and keeps reducing production.

The choices are simple: either more Muslims need to seek occupations in farming and food production, or we have to face the non-availability of halal food.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AvarAllahNoor
06-21-2008, 03:15 PM
You'd think considering the number of Muslim nations, they'd be dominationg the halal food market ages ago!

Woodrow
06-21-2008, 04:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
You'd think considering the number of Muslim nations, they'd be dominationg the halal food market ages ago!
They should have. But, it seems the priority was set on oil production and not on food production. Wealth can tempt even the best of people.

Sadly, most of the Muslim nations are arid non-productive lands. The trap of oil wealth insured that they would stay as such.

The original question for this threead has been answered. I believe this is now growing into a world affairs topic, so I am moving the thread.

The_Prince
06-22-2008, 06:03 PM
the fact is this people, most food u eat is not halal, even in Muslim countries, do u really think every single Muslim butcher out there does it the Islamic way? dont be naive.

do u know how many animals they kill? it becomes routine, boring, u lose concentration and just dont care anymore and just kill it lazily, which what happens alot.

just say the bismillah before you eat it, as thats the only 100% assurance you have these days.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.