/* */

PDA

View Full Version : haram choclates

shible
06-18-2008, 11:09 AM
:sl:

IN THE NAME OF ALLAH THE MOST GRACIOUS THE MOST MERCIFUL

Dear All,

All the below Masterfood Company Chocolate Products (Mars) are no longer Halal. They started using Animal product rennet(calf) in it for products that have expiry date after 1 st of October 2007. But the way they slaughter the animals is also a concern that we require to look on

Check this article from BBC News

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6653175.stm
And this from the Vegetarian Society

http://www.vegsoc..org/news/2007/mars.html

· Bounty
· Celebrations
· Dove Chocolate
· Flyte
· Galaxy
· Kudos (North America)
· Lockets
· M-Azing (North America)
· Maltesers
· M&M's
· Mars Bar
· Mars Delight
· Milky Way
· Minstrels (UK only)
· Mars Planets (newly inroduced in UK)
· Skittles
· Snickers (The top-selling candy bar in the United States... Known in the UK as Marathon until 1990.)
· Starbur st (Originally Opal Fruits in the UK .)
· 3 Musketeers ( North America )
· Topic
· Twix
· Snicker's Marathon Energy Bar
· AquaDrops

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
shible
06-19-2008, 07:15 PM

It takes a whole day for a news to get published.

Hi brothers and sisters, isn't there a bit faster way to do this.

Coz once i dropped a thread and it took three days to get available on the section and in the meanwhile the news source replied back with an apology note.

due to which my post became a wrong info

Na7lah
06-19-2008, 07:19 PM
·Snickers (The top-selling candy bar in the United States... Known in the UK as Marathon until 1990.)
seriously?!! :eek:

snakelegs
06-19-2008, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shible

It takes a whole day for a news to get published.

Hi brothers and sisters, isn't there a bit faster way to do this.

Coz once i dropped a thread and it took three days to get available on the section and in the meanwhile the news source replied back with an apology note.

due to which my post became a wrong info

you could've posted this in "general". (posts don't have to incubate in "general). while the info is important, i'm not sure that it's actually "world affairs" anyway...
but thanks for the info! lucky me - i don't eat any of this stuff.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Trumble
06-19-2008, 09:44 PM
A day late? It's over a year OUT of date! :rollseyes

It's already been posted in 'general' at least twice. As has the fact that Mars changed their minds under pressure from vegetarians a couple of weeks later. BBC .

Kas1m
06-19-2008, 11:14 PM
I remember those opal fruits

Fishman
06-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Does anybody actually read the date on these articles? The last I heard was that Mars went back on their decision to use meat because of veggie protests, but then caused another controversy when some of their food (not Mars bars, fortunately) turned out to still be using meat.

*KB*
06-21-2008, 09:51 AM
Assalamualaykum

Hold on, hold on....Startburst and Galaxy have suitable for vegetarians on them: so if they used animal products then that would be wrong?? :confused:

Help me!!!! But at least I've got my Cadburys, yes!!!!! The new Twisted is really nice :RECOMMENDED :D

Assalamualaykum
*KB*
:coolious:

Fishman
06-21-2008, 09:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *KB*
Assalamualaykum

Hold on, hold on....Startburst and Galaxy have suitable for vegetarians on them: so if they used animal products then that would be wrong?? :confused:
They don't use animal products anymore, Veggies complained and they stopped it. The 'news' is actually really old.

*KB*
06-21-2008, 10:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
They don't use animal products anymore, Veggies complained and they stopped it. The 'news' is actually really old.
Assalamualaykum

*pheew* Thank you SO MUCH!!! Brother Fishman, Jazak'Allah Khairan for telling me :D:D:D:D:D

Assalamualaykum
*KB*

Fishman
06-21-2008, 10:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *KB*
Assalamualaykum

*pheew* Thank you SO MUCH!!! Brother Fishman, Jazak'Allah Khairan for telling me :D:D:D:D:D

Assalamualaykum
*KB*

shible
06-25-2008, 09:47 AM
Jazak Allah Fishman Bro,

I apologize for my thread hereafter i shall look for proper complete message before posting any thread

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.