/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tours = waste of money

Abdul-Raouf
06-19-2008, 02:24 AM
I ASK THIS Q IN ISLAMIC PERSPECTIVE...

AND IS TARGETTED TO MUSLIMS...

A Tour...| other than for DEEN purpose or trade/educational purpose or for visiting your family/relative or for helping someone|.....
is a waste of money....

Right?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
06-19-2008, 06:24 AM
Would you like our own personal opinion or an islamic opinion with proof?

------
06-19-2008, 10:29 AM
:salamext:

^
I ASK THIS Q IN ISLAMIC PERSPECTIVE...

Malaikah
06-19-2008, 10:37 AM
:sl:

I disagree... touring is amazing in changing a persons perspective and making them more open minded and accepting, especially because of the interaction with different cultures and life styles.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mawaddah
06-19-2008, 11:42 AM
I totally disagree.

Except of course if the tour is for no other reason than to stay in some luxury hotel and waste money there.

But there are loads of tours which take you to see amazing sights and places in a country and are truly wonderfully educational.

If it was a waste of time and effort to see other places, Allah would not have mentioned in the Qur'an so many times "Do they not travel the land?" in so many surahs.

I myself love to travel and see new things and places.

It's all the way you handle the money and the intention, no waste is the key, how else can we see Allahs great creations?

My two cents.

Allahu A'lam

crayon
06-19-2008, 11:57 AM
I agree with Malaikah and Mawaddah 100%.

Whatsthepoint
06-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Guided tours are a waste of money..

Güven
06-19-2008, 01:42 PM
Traveling is nice if you have the intentions to learn :D

The Qur’an, in many verses, urges its followers to travel to all possible places with a view to learning, as well as appreciating the wonders and diversity of God’s creation on our planet. Everything on the face of Earth has been created by God, and so depicts to an insightful observer, the creative power of God. A Muslim who takes time to ponder over the miraculous nature of the phenomena of the universe cannot but wonder at God’s greatness and glory.

A traveler has a great opportunity to view the world in a contemplative mood, which inevitably leads him to thoughts of the Almighty Creator. For this reason, Islam encourages traveling.

Source:http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1123996015734

AvarAllahNoor
06-19-2008, 01:57 PM
The World was made by God, for us to see and enjoy!

If you don't want to, then stay a thome watching TV and remain ignorant of the beautiful World beyond your home!

Fishman
06-19-2008, 02:27 PM
:sl:
'Mind broadening travel broadens the mind, but it is only done by broad-minded people'...
:w:

S_87
06-19-2008, 02:35 PM
he said:

Tour...| other than for DEEN purpose or trade/educational purpose or for visiting your family/relative or for helping someone|.....is a waste of money....
whats been said would fall under educational anyhow no :?

SouLda_Gal
06-19-2008, 04:15 PM
i disagree with bro abdul raof kz hw is it a waste wen you can go on a tour and have fun widout induljin in bad... its just experiencing lyf in different ways... i wish i cud go on a tour sumwhere.. but neva doooo..:raging: sooo anoyin jz koz ima gal n cant go out as much :raging: .... tut tut lol...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.