/* */

PDA

View Full Version : assalam halakum

Da'ud
06-19-2008, 02:46 PM
Hi everyone, I am from England in the UK and have just joined this site.

My country is very disapproving of muslims in general and muslims have a bad name in my country due to terrorism among other things. Until The beginning of this year I hated muslims because of what I read in the newspaper and had absolutely no ties with islam, I am a white british and came from a christian/atheist background.

During the month of febuary I visisted marocco, not realising it was a muslim country. Upon getting there and getting people trying to hustle me in the street and seeing all the arabic and muslim stuff everywhere I couldn't believe how stupid I had been, winding myself up on holiday in a muslim country with all them terrorists and such like. It turned out to be a life altering holiday. At the resort I met lots of muslim friends and saw that they are not so bad and started to open my mind to islam and started enquiring about the religion, I started getting books on various aspects of islam including arabic, the five pillars, sufism etc but my herat was already set, I was going to become muslim.

By the end of the week my heart was set on converting and for teh next three months at home in england I researched into islam and fate has it that I have a muslim friend, who is british but his mother is from india and he has quite a large muslim family. They took me to cyprus to meet sheik nazim of the naqsbando tarriaqua and I took shahada in the end of may and made it official. There is no mosque in my area, there is a zicker every sunday though which is ok for now till I move to the city to start univeristy in a few years time. I also wish to find a nice muslim girl to settle down with inshallah.

My main reason for looking to join a chatroom is because I didn't want to commit myself to the sunni aspect of islam or the sufi tarriqua's or the naqusbandi's or the hanafi without understanding what they were, and what other options I had and how they differed. The people I know are all naqusbandi's and are incredibly unhelpful as they simply try and tell me I should stick to teh naqsbandi's but its my choice and this is how I feel I shoudl do things. I wish to improve my understanding of islam. How do I even know if my method of praying is correct for example? I would really appreciate if someone can point me in the direction of a book that specifically improves my understanding of the layout of islam. What else can Ido to improve my understanding of islam as a whole? Maybe some places I can visit (preferably safe ones, so afghanistan wont be on the top of my list). I also want to hear about your different sects of islam and do any of you do zicker? What are your traditiions?

Hope to read some informative posts and maybe you can help me on my quest for islam. Btw the name da'ud was given to me by sheik nazim.

Alhamdulala

Bismillah ir-Rakman-ir-Raheim

Assalam halakum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
06-19-2008, 02:49 PM
:salamext:

Peace!

If u have any questions, please ask! :)

Enjoy....and be a good member and stay active :D

You can check out information on sects here and methodology here inshaAllaah

Woodrow
06-19-2008, 03:29 PM
:sl:

Welcome Ahki, your story is quite interesting. Many of us on this forum are reverts and it is a pleasant arrival after a life long search.

Welcome home to Islam, you will find it is where you were always looking for.

Da'ud
06-19-2008, 03:35 PM
thanks guys, I was wondering, how do I submit my own picture on here, I like to personalise things a little

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
06-19-2008, 03:38 PM
:salamext:

Your picture as in your face picture? If yes, we are not allowed to do that.

If no, and you want to post your personalised avatar, then wait until you get 50 posts inshaAllaah, to become a full member.

Woodrow
06-19-2008, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Da'ud
Hi everyone, I am from England in the UK and have just joined this site.

My main reason for looking to join a chatroom is because I didn't want to commit myself to the sunni aspect of islam or the sufi tarriqua's or the naqusbandi's or the hanafi without understanding what they were, and what other options I had and how they differed. The people I know are all naqusbandi's and are incredibly unhelpful as they simply try and tell me I should stick to teh naqsbandi's but its my choice and this is how I feel I shoudl do things. I wish to improve my understanding of islam. How do I even know if my method of praying is correct for example? I would really appreciate if someone can point me in the direction of a book that specifically improves my understanding of the layout of islam. What else can Ido to improve my understanding of islam as a whole? Maybe some places I can visit (preferably safe ones, so afghanistan wont be on the top of my list). I also want to hear about your different sects of islam and do any of you do zicker? What are your traditiions?

Hope to read some informative posts and maybe you can help me on my quest for islam. Btw the name da'ud was given to me by sheik nazim.

Alhamdulala

Bismillah ir-Rakman-ir-Raheim

Assalam halakum

There is no adjectative in Muslim, we are all Muslims. There is no need or justification in taking on a title in front of the name Islam. Sufi, Shi'a, Sunni etc are simply man made adjectives and are not needed or desired.

Da'ud
06-19-2008, 03:48 PM
oh why cant we have face pics? Also If you dont see the neccessity in looking into various forms of islam thats up to you but I still wish to and I dont wish to hear about why I shoudln't so keep those sorts of oppinions to yourslef please, I get enough of this at home and Im simply interested in the differences between muslims.

Lastly is there a way to stop my emial account getting bombarded with you have a new comment, you have a new comment, you have new comment every 5 seconds?

Abdul-Raouf
06-19-2008, 03:50 PM
:w:

jannat
06-19-2008, 03:56 PM

Welcome, hope u have a beneficial stay here inshallah and learn alot bro.
am also from the uk, check the islamic events section there is a big annual islamic conference in manchester, try to come, will inshallah will be beneficial for u inshallah.
Best regards

Woodrow
06-19-2008, 06:14 PM
oh why cant we have face pics? Also If you dont see the neccessity in looking into various forms of islam thats up to you but I still wish to and I dont wish to hear about why I shoudln't so keep those sorts of oppinions to yourslef please, I get enough of this at home and Im simply interested in the differences between muslims.

Lastly is there a way to stop my emial account getting bombarded with you have a new comment, you have a new comment, you have new comment every 5 seconds?

We have the no picture ruling to help protect the members identity and to avoid fitnah between the genders.

To keep from recieving the email notifications you can opt not to recieve them in your CP options.

We strive for unity among the umah and for that reason do not allow any sectarian discussions, however down towards the bottom in the methodology forum we do have some threads that explain the sectarian differences..

Uthman
06-19-2008, 06:44 PM
:sl: Akhee,

Welcome to the forums. :) It's always refreshing to hear about somebody reverting to Islam.

Also If you dont see the neccessity in looking into various forms of islam thats up to you but I still wish to
My brother, what you must understand is that our knowledge of Islam must come only from two sources:

1. The Qur'an
2. The Sunnah

These are described as the 'rope of Allah' in the Qur'an (Chapter 3, verse number 103). Allah also commands us in this verse not to be divided amongst ourselves. If you adhere to the Qur'an and the Sunnah only, then you will never be astray.

Realise that there is only one Islam, and that any differences occur as a result of disagreement amongst Muslims. Nothing is to stop you from researching these differences, but please bear the above in mind. :)

جوري
06-19-2008, 11:30 PM
:welcome: aboard akhi..
you need to know that 90% of Muslims are sunni, and the rest 10% are factions, if you want to know about how they all started, it is fairly easy by reading proper history.. but be weary that Islam doesn't allow sectarianism, it is very highly condemned.. so long as you stick for now to basic tenets, then you are exercising what Allah has willed for us insha'Allah.. learning about jurisprudence, taw7eed and fiqh will take some time... many of us born Muslim are learning right along with you.. and we all ask questions here insha'Allah

Mikayeel
06-19-2008, 11:41 PM

Welcome bro:) Can I ask you what part of england u from?

I can advice u not to worry to much about the sects at this moment. Focus on following what the quran teaches, and the way the prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) lived his life, do that in the right way and inshAllah (by gods permission) paradise will be ur destination!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.