/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Eating too much/growing your belly ....

Abdul-Raouf
06-20-2008, 03:42 PM
I read in an islamic book..that if u eat by sitting correctly accordin to sunnah..u will not fill your stomach..full.. atleast 1/3 will be empty..

Is there any hadith which says.. the one who grows his/her belly by eating than limit....will be thrown into hell.....???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Güven
06-20-2008, 06:24 PM
Into Hell by eating too much ??

Allahu Alim but No I dont think so.
There are hadiths say that too much eatin will cause you sickness and will destoy your health and if your Desires for eating too much food will cause you for example to neglect the prayer than you will be thrown in hell exept if you repent But Allahu Alim/ Allah Knows Best.

like this hadith:

On seeing a fat man, the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him said:
“If you did not have a paunch (belly fat), it would be better for you. He also said: Overeating does not go with good health.”
[Al-Haythami]

The Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:
“Food for one is enough for two and food for two is enough for three and food for three is enough for four.”
[Ahmad, At-Tirmidhi, An-Nasaa'I, Ibn Majah – Hadith sahih
]

On the authority of Al-Miqdaam ibn Maadiy-Karib who said: I heard the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) saying:
“No human ever filled a vessel worse than the stomach. Sufficient for any son of Adam are some morsels to keep his back straight. But if it must be, then one third for his food, one third for his drink and one third for his breath.”
[Ahmad, At-Tirmidhi, An-Nasaa'I, Ibn Majah – Hadith sahih]

Muhammad ibn Wasi said: Whoever eats little will understand and make others understand and will be clear and humble. Overeating weighs a person down and keeps him from much of what he wants [to accomplish]."

Eat and drink but not to excess “ (7:32)

(Eat of the good things We have provided for your sustenance, but commit no excess therein) (Taha 20:81).

Ibn ‘Umar narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The believer eats in one stomach whilst the kaafir eats in seven.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5081)

Its better not too eat much beCause it will cause you seriuos Health Problems like cancer and laziness for examples

Abdul-Raouf
06-21-2008, 07:24 AM
Jazakallah khair for the information brother...

Amat Allah
06-21-2008, 01:15 PM
do you know that Khalifah Ali radya Allaho Anho has a belly...

it is not haram ever but better for your health to not eating too much...

may Allah reward you with Jannat Al ferdous...

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul-Raouf
06-22-2008, 06:28 AM
may Allah reward us with Jannat Al ferdous ...

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Amat Allah
06-22-2008, 10:45 AM
Ameeeeeeeeeeeen^^

Güven
06-22-2008, 10:47 AM
^Ameeeeeeeeeeeen!!!!

MunirAhmadKamil
06-22-2008, 11:11 AM
:) something new i learnt from that...jazakallah khair

MKE Brother
06-23-2008, 02:28 AM
Ironically my daughter walked up and gave me an Oreo while I was reading this. I stopped at one though :)

Questfortruth
06-23-2008, 03:27 AM
do you know that Khalifah Ali radya Allaho Anho has a belly...
Evidence please! How can a Sahabi who was so close to the Prophet have a belly?

Amat Allah
06-23-2008, 12:37 PM
here you are my dear brother...

4 - 'Ali bin Abi Talib:

"He was balding, but had much hair left, as if he was wearing a sheepskin. He was of medium height, with a large belly and a large beard."

"He had a yellow beard."

"He dyed his beard with henna once, then he never used it again."

"His hair and beard were white, like cotton."

ash-Sha'bi said: "I saw 'Ali with a white beard, and I never saw anyone with a larger beard then he."

"He had heavyset, large eyes, and he was closer to being short."

http://www.islamicboard.com/companio...am-nubala.html

may Allah reward us all with paradise

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen^^

Tania
06-25-2008, 06:36 PM
In Japan the companies must take actions against those who grew a big belly.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/13/wo...th&oref=slogin

crayon
06-25-2008, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
In Japan the companies must take actions against those who grew a big belly.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/13/wo...th&oref=slogin
Wow, interesting.. I don't recall ever seeing a fat Japanese person... From my personal experience, people in the far east tend to be very healthy people, very fit.

Tania
06-26-2008, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Wow, interesting.. I don't recall ever seeing a fat Japanese person... From my personal experience, people in the far east tend to be very healthy people, very fit.
I heard this news few days ago at tv. They begin to replace the traditional meal with american food- fast food- which contain too much calories-1300. Their tradition meal based on fish contains only 600 calories. The health department asked to be raised the taxes if the people continue to grew the belly. Thats why the companies are taking measures.

MKE Brother
06-27-2008, 01:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
That has really changed in the last decade; interesting article http://www.bryanappleyard.com/blog/2...t-japanese.php

Eeman
06-27-2008, 01:31 AM
I would think that the only way you would end up being thrown into the hell fire for eating would be too eat too much haram food! That would make you more lazy and neglectful to your salah and start drinking alcohol and deviate even more.
God forbid!

I dont now if any brothers and sister's have experienced this but i find that there are times when i am so hungry cos i have had such a hectic day and havent managed to get a minute to sit down to myself, by asr time around 5:30pm i am starving but of fear of doing my salah late i make sure i do my salah then eat, and right after my salah i feel full of energy and hunger just dies.
it feels as though my salah has fed me food and nourished my whole body and soul MashaAllah!

Tania
06-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Each should be careful to eat 3 times/day. Otherwise, on a long run, the ulcer will affect the stomach

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.