/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Oh my Days! We have a Miss pakistan!!!

jannat
06-21-2008, 09:12 AM
:sl:

i hope ur all well and good. i just find out on you tube, that we have a Miss pakistan:omg:!! i hate this honest! :raging:i can imagine it now.. everywhere/ thing on this dunya will be corrupted or bad.. in a few years time!
What annoys me is people say they are doing it for the country, what the heck.. Displaying their bodies, for men to look at is an achievement? I hate the fact alot of people are behind this rubbish, especially the Youth. in part.men..

i wana get out of this world, i am nt perfect, but aint ready for all this rubbish, this world will be messed up totally..Oh Allah , why cant u stop this happening, it feels like thers more bad than good. Where are the good? As soon as you oppose these things, people probably call you extreme and hate You.:cry:

I feel hopeless, the ummah is going down hill, we cant stop it. i guess its expected hey..

Allah Guide these muslims, Guide myself, Guide us all, honest:

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*KB*
06-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Assalamualaykum

Hey Sister, don't look at the bad side to this world and look on the good. We are here in the world because Allah sent us down for a test and that will include badness, as you say you're not perfect-no one and nothing is.Look on the bright side Sister: so many people are reverting to Islam showing us and the world that there is good.

I do see where you're coming from Sister but remember, Allah is with us and is always watching. The best thing to do is learn from the bad and produce good :) If YOU and the MUSLIM UMMAH keeps strong we will Insha'Allah won't go downhill. That was only few people not the representative of the whole Ummah, rememeber that :)

May Allah bless you and the muslim ummah :) And keep us away from the cursed shaytaan

Assalamualaykum
*KB*
:coolious:

jannat
06-21-2008, 10:03 AM

jazakallah khair for that, but still things are gettin worse and worse and we cant change it!! insan is sometimes hopeless.. Allah hu alim, May he give us the strength to live in this dunya as good muslims... its shame we cant run away to a beutiful place on this world which is free from it all, am asking for jannah here... Ya Allah al madat.. O Allah help

'Abd-al Latif
06-21-2008, 10:04 AM
:salamext:

May Allah guide her what a truly sad person.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*KB*
06-21-2008, 10:05 AM
Wa'Alaykum Assalam

The best advice is: to make Dua to Allah SWT.

Assalamualaykum
*KB*
:coolious:

Tania
06-21-2008, 11:11 AM
May be she isn't muslim. In Pakistan are other religions too. In fact we have a christian bro on this forum too.

cute123
06-21-2008, 12:32 PM
walaikum assalam sister

U r not the alone one who feels so , we all feel the same. The thing is the environment is so bad , just protect your iman first and get used to the fact as one of the gr8 scholars said.

I dont remember the source
" You should get used to the fact that if every person on the earth disbeileves still i wont leave my faith"

AvarAllahNoor
06-21-2008, 12:36 PM
I blame those men that encourage it. It's demand and supply sadly. :(

SixTen
06-21-2008, 12:51 PM
The amount of evil that goes on this world, I would say this is a very minute thing in comparison, I can't really be worked over things like this - when people are dying continuously and I am expecting Pakistan and Iran to be attacked in the near future...

snakelegs
06-21-2008, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SixTen
The amount of evil that goes on this world, I would say this is a very minute thing in comparison, I can't really be worked over things like this - when people are dying continuously and I am expecting Pakistan and Iran to be attacked in the near future...
although i think beauty contests are disgusting, i couldn't agree more with you.

------
06-21-2008, 05:58 PM
:salamext:

The Day of Judgement is growing nearer and nearer, but we are unaware...

~*Fatima*~
06-21-2008, 06:15 PM
Yes I Saw A Show Of It. I was Shocked too~! They Told that The Girl has To Go through Same Stages as Every Model In Miss World Contest~! I Wondered that How is she a Muslim? CAuse There are Very forbidden requirements for the contest yet she became one.
How Ever I Agree With *KB* Its True If we look at world from how crupted it Becoming Its Very Heart Breaking & terrifing~! but if we look from Postive Angle there are people so Pure and So ... I can't find word for them. They are True Muslim in this era of time. Whether They Be Female Or Male Child Or Adult.
Anyway It's Recommeded By Our Beloved Prophet(S) that We Keeping Asking forgiveness in This Era. It will be Best ... Um what we call it prayer. (Correct me If I'm Wrong)

Whatsthepoint
06-21-2008, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
although i think beauty contests are disgusting, i couldn't agree more with you.
What is so disgusting about them? It's not like the models are forced to participate, to the contrary, so many would like to, but can't.

snakelegs
06-21-2008, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
What is so disgusting about them? It's not like the models are forced to participate, to the contrary, so many would like to, but can't.
that's true - and the fact that many actually want to, i think is sad. often they are pushed since they are little kids, by their mother.
the main reason i find them disgusting is that i find women as meat disgusting.

Whatsthepoint
06-21-2008, 06:50 PM
that's true - and the fact that many actually want to, i think is sad. often they are pushed since they are little kids, by their mother.
the main reason i find them disgusting is that i find women as meat disgusting.
I dion't think it's sad. It's good women are confident about their looks and are not afraid to cash it. If it pleases other people, even better. I think this is far from women being meat. Besides there's plenty of men beauty peagants.
What I find disgusting are the children beauty peagents. You've got plenty of those in the states.

snakelegs
06-21-2008, 06:57 PM
the principle is the same - it is the objectification of a human being.
i should add that i find the use of the body (mostly women) to sell products disgusting also.

SixTen
06-21-2008, 07:04 PM
the principle is the same - it is the objectification of a human being.
Modelling, secularly thinking - has nothing wrong with it as WhatsThePoint stated.

It is subjective morale which leads us to find different things right/wrong. Somtimes they could be derived from religion.

For this specific news, the focus is not if we find modelling "disgusting" - rather that a muslim country - is participating in something which Islam so strongly opposes.

I hope you understand the context of my post, it would be like an indian saying "it is disgusting/evil to eat meat" to muslims who do not believe in that morale.

What I mean is, even though I personally condemn modelling (as my morale is against it) - it is somewhat impossible, or rather useless, to debate with a secularist whether it is right/wrong to model. It will be based on subjective morale, with the secularists using objective morality as their basis on every topic. :thumbs_up

snakelegs
06-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Modelling, secularly thinking - has nothing wrong with it as WhatsThePoint stated.

It is subjective morale which leads us to find different things right/wrong. Somtimes they could be derived from religion.

For this specific news, the focus is not if we find modelling "disgusting" - rather that a muslim country - is participating in something which Islam so strongly opposes.

I hope you understand the context of my post, it would be like an indian saying "it is disgusting/evil to eat meat" to muslims who do not believe in that morale.

What I mean is, even though I personally condemn modelling (as my morale is against it) - it is somewhat impossible, or rather useless, to debate with a secularist whether it is right/wrong to model. It will be based on subjective morale, with the secularists using objective morality as their basis on every topic. :thumbs_up
yes, i understand what you're saying - there is not point in debating it - it is subjective.
how many young girls starve themselves to become models? why do we find it acceptable to see images of half naked women to sell us crap that we don't need anyway?
yes - indeed, it is subjective.
btw, as skye remarked on another thread, i enjoy your posts and your thinking and am glad to have you on this forum.

SixTen
06-21-2008, 07:20 PM
yes, i understand what you're saying - there is not point in debating it - it is subjective.
how many young girls starve themselves to become models? why do we find it acceptable to see images of half naked women to sell us crap that we don't need anyway?
yes - indeed, it is subjective.
btw, as skye remarked on another thread, i enjoy your posts and your thinking and am glad to have you on this forum.
On a secular view - on your point on starvation, they would just state they do not support starvation - but just because some do so does not mean that we should for example, condemn modelling. Similarly, they may state that just because some people end up ruined by gambling - does not mean it should be banned. Rather they would state it should be regulated.

Islam for example, bases alot of its principle of prevention before cure - That is, an act which does not neccessarily have to lead to sin or evil - but potentially could - becomes a sinful/evil act even if it leads to no evil - Hence you have the ban on drinking, the ban on free mixing, the ban on gambling and so fourth.

However, you would not find everyone agreeing with this - and to be honest (having debated with secularists, on many topics, such as prostitution and even my dissaproval of a mother supporting her 17 year old daughter to go stripping for fun), what you may feel strongly about, not everyone else does - and somtimes it is hard to understand how they could accept X but I guess it is something you have to accept - people see things differently.

snakelegs
06-21-2008, 07:29 PM
yes, indeed - people do see things differently (and this is a good thing!), and i do accept this and don't try to change other people's thinking, though i am very opinionated. (and i tried plenty when i was young):D
i do not condemn all modelling per se.
personally, i don't approve of gambling, but i would never ask for it to be banned. i wouldn't call for the banning of beauty contests either.

~*Fatima*~
06-21-2008, 09:00 PM
However, you would not find everyone agreeing with this - and to be honest (having debated with secularists, on many topics, such as prostitution and even my dissaproval of a mother supporting her 17 year old daughter to go stripping for fun), what you may feel strongly about, not everyone else does - and somtimes it is hard to understand how they could accept X but I guess it is something you have to accept - people see things differently.
Yes People See Differently But there are Somethings that is come in world courption and Somethings comes in Rightous. Sorry its Going Off topic But look For Instance: God FOr bid If the Time was to come that Father is allow to marry her own daugther and it would be considered right by people Would you accept it? A person Should Know Right/Wrong. As for people they are believing many things nowdays which is Beyond Wrong.

SixTen
06-21-2008, 10:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~*Fatima*~
Yes People See Differently But there are Somethings that is come in world courption and Somethings comes in Rightous. Sorry its Going Off topic But look For Instance: God FOr bid If the Time was to come that Father is allow to marry her own daugther and it would be considered right by people Would you accept it? A person Should Know Right/Wrong. As for people they are believing many things nowdays which is Beyond Wrong.
Yes, what you and I believe to be beyond wrong. But we can't prove whats right or wrong in any grand universal way.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
06-21-2008, 11:05 PM
I miss read the thread title, I thought you miss Pakistan.

BTW i agree there snakelegs...well part of it.

jannat
06-22-2008, 04:52 PM

i still believe that women shouldnt use their bodies to sell products..especially muslim women, who have to reveal thier bodies infront of the world, just to prove they r beautiful. Yes these women are beautiful, then they should show it to their husbands, not to all the men, who , not all , but most , r very stupid.. u know what i mean, muslim women contributing in such things, will only create bad consequences for the country and going to a make it acceptable to dress like that. islamically, i think. u can have modelling, when theres just women, wearing decent clothing, but in bikins/swimwear.. no i dnt think so..i guess they want pakistan to westernise in fashion, i hope Allah guides these sisters and give us hayaa inshallah.

~*Fatima*~
06-22-2008, 06:05 PM
Yes, what you and I believe to be beyond wrong. But we can't prove whats right or wrong in any grand universal way.
Sorry What? ...
I wasn't prefering it to us. I was Saying it as General that People Around World are having believes which are very insane to human kind.
Where as For Proving Something Right/Wrong. We Don't Need To As We are already proved By Islam.

SouLda_Gal
06-24-2008, 01:04 PM
oh theres a Miss pakistan.... buh is it sumfin really new??... i dnt fink so... pakistan has been a corruptd country since ages... but they just dnt allow others to see.. kz its just lyk dat... i mean if sumfin hapens and the police is informd... wat difference wud dat make?? nothing at all.. koz the police dont do nothing apart frm jus wear their uniforms 2 show they r sumfin... (im not saying all do this.. but its common)... and bear in mind its also the same with western police...so its not just pakistan im pikin... ppl are startin 2know just now how bad its getin in pak.. but as far as i kno its been there since i was born... and i duno i jus gt dis grudge against most men in pakistan...nt all (no off 2 the brothers).. buh mst of them seem all da same... neway i aint gna go in2 it.. kz i fink most ppl gna get or r alredy mad at me loool

salaamz
peace out

Gator
06-24-2008, 01:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SouLda_Gal
oh theres a Miss pakistan.... buh is it sumfin really new??... i dnt fink so... pakistan has been a corruptd country since ages... but they just dnt allow others to see.
I would agree that its definitely repressed, but I wouldn't agree that its been corrupted more or less than any other place. Its just people doing what people have been doing for eons.

In my opinion, every place in the world has these problems and the more repressive the society the more underground and unreported it goes.

S1aveofA11ah
06-24-2008, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SouLda_Gal
oh theres a Miss pakistan.... buh is it sumfin really new??... i dnt fink so... pakistan has been a corruptd country since ages... but they just dnt allow others to see.. kz its just lyk dat... i mean if sumfin hapens and the police is informd... wat difference wud dat make?? nothing at all.. koz the police dont do nothing apart frm jus wear their uniforms 2 show they r sumfin... (im not saying all do this.. but its common)... and bear in mind its also the same with western police...so its not just pakistan im pikin... ppl are startin 2know just now how bad its getin in pak.. but as far as i kno its been there since i was born... and i duno i jus gt dis grudge against most men in pakistan...nt all (no off 2 the brothers).. buh mst of them seem all da same... neway i aint gna go in2 it.. kz i fink most ppl gna get or r alredy mad at me loool

salaamz
peace out

I think this speaker sums up beautifully the sad state of Pakistan - or more accurately of the Muslims of Pakistan who claim to follow Islam:

http://forums.islamicawakening.com/s...t=abdur+raheem

Muezzin
06-25-2008, 09:37 AM
I dion't think it's sad. It's good women are confident about their looks and are not afraid to cash it.
Women (or men) have never needed beauty contests to cash their good looks :p

And now Pakistan is indulging in the vanity too, I see.

Whatsthepoint
06-25-2008, 11:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Women (or men) have never needed beauty contests to cash their good looks :p

And now Pakistan is indulging in the vanity too, I see.
Several muslim countries have been doing gor years.

Muezzin
06-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Several muslim countries have been doing gor years.
And? They're still Islamically wrong to do so.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.