/* */

PDA

View Full Version : perfume containing alcohol

Mikayeel
06-21-2008, 09:47 PM
:sl:

What is the rule on perfume containing alcohol? Is it haram to use them? Most of my perfume collection all contain alcohol.... i always thought that the alcohol evaporates as soon as it touches the skin right?

Neway can some one please enlight me on this here:) thanks

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ali.
06-21-2008, 09:50 PM
As far as I know, it is only haram to consume alcohol.

Mikayeel
06-21-2008, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
As far as I know, it is only haram to consume alcohol.

Yep thats what i always thought, my uncle is a what they call ansar al sunnah and he told me once that it is haram.

This seems a bit odd, because they sell that stuff even in KSA.

'Abd al-Baari
06-21-2008, 09:56 PM

We need to talk at length about the issue of perfumes that are said to contain cologne or alcohol. If the percentage of alcohol is very little, we say that it does not matter, and a person may use them without any concern, such as if the alcohol content is 5% or less. This does not matter.

If the percentage of alcohol is very high, so that you can detect it, then it is better not to use it except where it is necessary, such as for sterilizing wounds and the like.
IslamQA

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mikayeel
06-21-2008, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Baari

IslamQA

JazaakAllah khair bro, hmm most of the perfume bottles contains much more than 5%, its indeed a topic of controversy!

SouLda_Gal
06-24-2008, 01:39 PM
emm... well dats sumfin iv also been wonderin about... heard sooo much abt it.. buh aint realy gt a conclusion koz of so many saying so different... but the sensible answer iv heard.. which was also the common one.. it dat Allah forbade us 2 drink alcohol koz it intoxicates us.. but puttin on perfume which contains alcohol doesnt intoxicate us... so its allowd... well dat does make sense 2 me..
neway salaamz
peace

Whatsthepoint
06-24-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm sure you've all seen plenty of perfume ads, so there's no need to tell you some are er... naughty. Are muslims allowed to buy perfumes that use ahraam advertising?

------
06-24-2008, 01:49 PM

^ I'm not even going to answer that one. :-\ Surely you are more sensible than that Whatsthepoint?

Whatsthepoint
06-24-2008, 01:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -
^ I'm not even going to answer that one. :-\ Surely you are more sensible than that Whatsthepoint?
I thing such perfumes are haraam to use.
I've been told muslims aren't supposed to do bussines with companies that support haraam practices, so I guess perfume companies fit into this category.

Muezzin
06-24-2008, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
I'm sure you've all seen plenty of perfume ads, so there's no need to tell you some are er... naughty. Are muslims allowed to buy perfumes that use ahraam advertising?
There are loads of halal imitations anyway. Have a look in your local Muslim shop. 'Muslim shop' in the sense that it is run by and for Muslims and sells Islamic items, as opposed to 'Muslim shop' in the sense that it sells Muslims.

Most people don't really need perfume. Just soap.

Musaafirah
06-24-2008, 06:12 PM
What about those allergic to soaps? :muddlehea
Anyway, I thought perfumes with alcohol denat were ok because of the fact that it's a miniscule amount.
But again, it's best to steer away from perfumes in general if they're very strong smelling innit? From a girl's point of view I mean..

Muezzin
06-25-2008, 09:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
What about those allergic to soaps?
Allergic to soap but not alcoholic perfume? Okay.

Not many people suffer from water allergies. :)

north_malaysian
06-25-2008, 11:02 AM
alcohol is haraam to drink but not haraam to touch right? Is Alcohol considered "najees"...?

north_malaysian
06-25-2008, 11:03 AM
From what I've heard that the ink inside the pens contain alcohol too...

Musaafirah
06-27-2008, 08:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Allergic to soap but not alcoholic perfume? Okay.

Not many people suffer from water allergies. :)
Some people actually do suffer from water allergies..
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article....&in_page_id=34

But the whole reason for Alcohol being forbidden is coz of the intoxication issue right?
I mean you can't exactly get high on perfume can you...unless you buy a really heady one that makes you feel dizzy..
But that's not the same as being intoxicated..

Cabdullahi
06-27-2008, 09:01 PM
just buy arabic musk its very good

Musaafirah
06-27-2008, 09:03 PM
BTW I'm not defending the use of alcoholic perfume as there are many halaal alternatives, I was just putting forward some points..

Whatsthepoint
06-27-2008, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
If you dont drink beer,eat pork and you wash yourself properly unlike brother 'WHATS THE POINT';) You are fine alhamdulilah no need for perfume,if u want you just buy arabic musk its very good
ahmedjunior, let's be friends?

Al-Zaara
06-27-2008, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
If you dont drink beer,eat pork and you wash yourself properly unlike brother 'WHATS THE POINT';) You are fine alhamdulilah no need for perfume,if u want you just buy arabic musk its very good
Selam aleykum, Ahmed

I'm telling you once brother, and this is the one time. Stop it. Have some adaab, please.
His question, by the way, made sense and wasn't offending or anything.

Let's quit the drama.

Cabdullahi
06-27-2008, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Selam aleykum, Ahmed

I'm telling you once brother, and this is the one time. Stop it. Have some adaab, please.
His question, by the way, made sense and wasn't offending or anything.

Let's quit the drama.
:thumbs_up ok sister i'll stop but it was just a silly joke,i expected him to take it lightly but oh well:?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.