/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dubai: 235 Residents Converted to Islam Last Month

Uthman
06-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Dubai, June 21: Dubai Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities Department said that 235 residents in the city had converted to Islam last month. Aisha Al Kash, director of the Family Guidance in the Department, said that the converts belonged to 27 nationalities including Lebanon, Syria, Egypt, the Philippines, India, China, Germany, Britian, Uganda, US, Canada and Australia.

“The New Muslims Section at the department carries out religious awareness activities and has published 12 orientation books on Islam in the Philippine and Hindi languages, which are distributed free of charge at the commercial centres, hospitals and non-Arab community centres,” she said.

The department statistics showed that 6,000 people had converted to Islam during the last 10 years, she added.

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The_Prince
06-22-2008, 05:59 PM
one of my friends takes part in dawah activities in dubai, he lectures every saturday. :)

al Amaanah
06-22-2008, 06:06 PM
ALLAHU AKBAR! great news masha Allah
may Allah keep them steadfast

Uthman
06-22-2008, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al Amaanah
may Allah keep them steadfast
Ameen!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
06-24-2008, 07:27 AM
are there mosques in Dubai giving Friday sermon in other languages than Arabic?

In Malaysia, we have several mosques giving Friday sermon in Tamil for the Indian Muslim communities...

There is a plan for a Chinese speaking mosque too...

adeeb
06-24-2008, 07:30 AM
Alhamdulillah.

May Allah keep them in eman.
Also, May Allah guide them to the right islam according to quran and sunnah. ameen

Souljette
06-24-2008, 10:43 AM
:sl:

I wanna meet those sisters who became muslim? ANy idea which are many of the dawah activities take place in??? It would be nice to meet other people on the Quran and Sunnah and most of the Khutbah's are in arabic only certain masjids in Sharjah I think have english sermons

AvarAllahNoor
06-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Lebanon, Syria, Egypt, the Philippines, India these would already be Muslims, just probably didn't practice it until now.

Whatsthepoint
06-24-2008, 01:40 PM
It doesn't say how many convereted due to marriage to a muslim.

Uthman
06-24-2008, 04:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
It doesn't say how many convereted due to marriage to a muslim.
True. That could be a significant factor.

S1aveofA11ah
06-24-2008, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Lebanon, Syria, Egypt, the Philippines, India these would already be Muslims, just probably didn't practice it until now.
The naming of something doesn't make it the reality. Water in an emptied vodka bottle doesn't mean its water. Many people with Muslim names are not even within the fold of Islam - they don't even know basic stuff which is needed.

Uthman
06-24-2008, 07:51 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by S1aveofA11ah
Water in an emptied vodka bottle doesn't mean its water.
Did you mean 'Water in an emptied vodka bottle doesn't mean it's vodka? Or did I completely misunderstand what you are trying to say?

:w:

S1aveofA11ah
06-24-2008, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman

Did you mean 'Water in an emptied vodka bottle doesn't mean it's vodka? Or did I completely misunderstand what you are trying to say?

:w:
Sorry - my error there - you are right I meant water in a vodka bottle doesn't now make that bottle the drink vodka (even if the label says so)...same with the Muslims (and their using the label 'Muslim')...they have to understand what LA ILLAHA ILLALLAH means with full understanding in order to become a Muslim.

A lot of the Ummah today is engrossed in major shirk (like grave/saint worship) which exists one from the religion of Islam.

Allah make our affairs good (ameen).

Chuck
06-26-2008, 11:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
are there mosques in Dubai giving Friday sermon in other languages than Arabic?

In Malaysia, we have several mosques giving Friday sermon in Tamil for the Indian Muslim communities...

There is a plan for a Chinese speaking mosque too...
There are some Mosques with english sermons. I believe there are urdu/hindi too.

Souljette
06-26-2008, 04:03 PM
yes that's truee ^^

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.