/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Country of Origin?

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
06-22-2008, 10:58 PM
For the people aren't living in the country where where their heritage is, do you prefer to live where you are or go back to where perhaps your parents or grandparents came from? or is the country you live in now your and your future generations home?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
06-22-2008, 11:02 PM
:sl:

This is an interesting question! Hmm, this country hold more future(UK) for my kids, however it also has got its negative points.

I miss my homecountries very much! If i was given the option I would much rather go back to sudan or egypt, nd spent my life with my family which am separated from :(
InshAllah i will do so after i have gained my degree (all prayers welcome :))

:w:

Güven
06-22-2008, 11:06 PM
I want to Move To An Other Country Insha"Allah Maybe The Country Of my Parents (Turkey) ,dunno Maybe Somewhere Else ,
Atleast I Have to Get Out Of Here :)

BlissfullyJaded
06-22-2008, 11:47 PM

Nopes. We are originally from India, but my parents were born and raised in South Africa, and I was born and raised in the USA. Only my father stayed there, but as a student for several years. I can't really see myself moving to India. lol. And I love the USA, but I don't really wanna live in the USA forever either and would prefer moving to Saudi Arabia. If not, I'd stay here and be happy. :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Intisar
06-23-2008, 12:44 AM
:w: I'm originally from Somalia, but my whole mother's side is from Kenya. Due to civil war in Somalia, alhamdulilah my mother already had visa's ready for my two older sibs but not for my sister and I so we stayed in Nairobi and Mumbasa (naku penda Kenya <3!) respectively. By 1991 or 1992 we all relocated to Canada.

In all honesty, Canada has done me well and is a really good country for a Muslim to live in mashaAllaah, but I don't plan on staying here forever. I plan on moving back to Kenya or Somalia. :)

sevgi
06-23-2008, 01:40 AM
i was born in Australia...

my ethnicity is Turkish...

i love australia...wudnt consider living in Turkey...holidaying is good...but to live there..ummm..no thanks...the last thing i need is to be questioned about why i do the things i do...

Australia is so free...so comfy..so natural..so convenient..i am me and noone cares...no one has the right to care...

MKE Brother
06-23-2008, 02:20 AM
My heritage involves Ireland and Scotland, beautiful to visit but never thought of living there. Besides, my Irish Whiskey drinking days are long behind me :)

crayon
06-23-2008, 09:50 AM
I'm originally Syrian, but I've lived all over, and currently live in Saudi Arabia. I would never want to live in just one place my entire life, I want to travel the world, spend about a year in each country then move on to the next. Eventually, though, I'd like to retire in Syria, because ultimately it is where I call home.

Umar001
06-23-2008, 09:53 AM
My history is top secret. So are my current where abouts.

Güven
06-23-2008, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sevgi
i was born in Australia...

my ethnicity is Turkish...

i love australia...wudnt consider living in Turkey...holidaying is good...but to live there..ummm..no thanks...the last thing i need is to be questioned about why i do the things i do...

Australia is so free...so comfy..so natural..so convenient..i am me and noone cares...no one has the right to care...
I am Goin To AUSTRALIA!!!! :D Insha"Allah

Al-Zaara
06-23-2008, 02:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
My history is top secret. So are my current where abouts.
LOL If I remember correctly, you did share parts of your history when telling about your revertion to Islam, no?

I'm originally from Kosovo. 1992 we moved to Finland and here I've been raised. I do want to move somewhere else, not like life is horrible here, no. It's OK, not too good neither too bad. The culture is familiar to me, but I do prefer a culture closer to my own and the culture here is quite far from mine.

I have considered moving to another country for studies, inshaAllah. Maybe the UK or Germany.
I wouldn't want to move back to Kosovo, no way. All those questions and weird demands by all the relatives, that's nothing for me. For holiday, absolutely.
I have for long wanted to move to Turkey, where both of my parents' ancestery can be found.

No idea where I'm gonna retire (if I'll live that long, Allahu Aleem), I do like to travel though.

Mysterious Uk
06-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Interesting question, i was thinking the same thing when i was back home (country of heritage). I was speaking to my grandparents and we agreed if i hadn't of come to england i would be married by now. I don't think i am ever going to stay in Bangladesh on a permanant basis, although it is a beautiful place and a lot of my extended family live there. i would probably be better off here. I would still visit the country when ever i could though, it is lovely lying under the stars, no noisy traffic, no worries and no millions of lit up streets and houses.

Souljette
06-23-2008, 03:30 PM

I am from Bangladesh, but I was born in Dubai, U.A.E lived here 12 years nd then went to the U.S nd Canada nd now i'm back in U.A.E...I mite go bak to Bangladesh inshallah in couple months

No idea..Allahu Alim

Nájlá
06-23-2008, 03:35 PM
i am from yeman but live in the uk. i would like 2 live with my family and friends in yeman but i do like the uk soo i dont mind living in the uk but i do really want to live somewhere where there are lots of muslim

Mikayeel
06-23-2008, 03:41 PM

Just a quick note, since u all seems to be having a good time in the places ur living right now.... Praise Allah :), I am mainly reminding myself!

Alahmudlilah for all that Allah has given us! And made our lives easier!

And inshAllah he makes the lives of others easier just like he did with us, ameen

Nájlá
06-23-2008, 03:43 PM
ameen thuma ameen

Güven
06-23-2008, 03:43 PM
^Ameeeeen

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
06-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Alhumdulillah and ameen to what Raonar said.

Quite kewl to seee such a variety of places people come from Masha'Allah :).

S_87
06-23-2008, 08:05 PM

Im of indian heritage but from Barbados (dads side)
Would i move back there? No, theres no good shopping at all :( but i would go visit there all the time inshaAllah, lovely place to be and of course family.
But i would like to make hijra from the UK anyhow so :?

Musaafirah
06-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Hmm..I've lived in the Uk all my life, even though I wasn't born here..
Even though it does have it's negative side, I much prefer it here in the UK coz of the way we can live in such diversity..But back home, it's normal to go to mixed parties and my family there aren't really religiously inclined..Though they would find it scandalaous if a girl so much as talked to a male colleague or something..
Oh, I'm confuzzled..

arabianprincess
06-25-2008, 02:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
For the people aren't living in the country where where their heritage is, do you prefer to live where you are or go back to where perhaps your parents or grandparents came from? or is the country you live in now your and your future generations home?
well im originallly from YEMEN. i dont prefer livin in the usa ..anymore... when i was a lil kid about 10 years old my father decided to take us back to yemen to learn the religion n the language ..(arabic). i have decided once i get married one day .. i ll take my kids n leave this country for good.. i want to live in a islamic country n hopefully a better environment.. n raise my kids over there.. i have decided to move to UAE.. i believe cuz they got better opportunity then my country..if i do get a job .. or i ll probably go to another country.. im still plannin ... 3dooolee .. as in pry for me..

Souljette
06-26-2008, 04:11 PM

Umm if you move to U.A.E sis just make sure you move to an area that has a islamic surrounding and look out for good schools as well because the schools here are corrupted and inshallah the Islamic upbringing is disappearing here so inshallah do find a place where you can go to the masjid

MunirAhmadKamil
06-26-2008, 04:22 PM
I'm currently living in uk, sheffield. Its decent, many muslims here alhamdulillah, but its not the place i would call "home". I'm originally from Malaysia..ohh i miss that place so much:(

I might return back to Malaysia, but there is a small desire in my heart wanting to go to an arabic country to learn arabic.

I heard there are many accents, which country has the most "normal" accent? as in which is the closest to the original arabic?

suffiyan007
06-26-2008, 10:36 PM
-Malaysia(origin)
-Chinese baba
Wanna visit Malaysia

Selamat Datang ke MALAYSIA 2008....!

suffiyan007
06-26-2008, 10:38 PM
mUNIR aHMAD KAMIL ...KAMU NI ORANG MALAYSIA....

BERASAL DARI MANA....? KEDAH,PERLIS,DLL?

MELAYU, CINA ,INDIA?

MunirAhmadKamil
06-26-2008, 10:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Suffiyan007
mUNIR aHMAD KAMIL ...KAMU NI ORANG MALAYSIA....

BERASAL DARI MANA....? KEDAH,PERLIS,DLL?

MELAYU, CINA ,INDIA?

yesh im Malaysian.. from Kedah, Melayu :)

TrueStranger
06-26-2008, 11:45 PM

I'm was born in Mogadishu Xamar, left when I was five, and I don’t believe in nationality or nation-hood, and yes I'm a traitor at times.

Besides, I believe the earth is my ground to walk upon, there isn’t a single imaginary border I won’t cross over.

Souljette
06-27-2008, 08:14 AM
^^ I don't believe in nationality either and called a person who doesn't care about my own country..but hey whatever..I like everything as long as it follows with Islam

Malaikah
06-27-2008, 08:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sevgi

Hear hear!:thumbs_up Although the media is a headache when it comes to Muslim related manners, and there are the occasional anti-Muslim idiots [Camden ring a bell?], this is really a great place to live. Not perfect, but no place is.

I've lived here all my lie it is my home and I can't imagine living any where else.

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
06-27-2008, 08:32 AM
I was born in the Netherlands to a Dutch father and English mother, lived in amsterdam until i was 9 and lived in England for around 18 years now. My family heritage ( grandparents +) traces to the Netherlands (fathers side) and UK/Germany mother side. I dont think there is much difference in culture between holland and england, i would love to go back and live in the Netherlands, however i cant see my future anywhere else other than England.. but never say never.. you never know whats around the corner

------
06-27-2008, 08:38 AM
:salamext:

Live where I am now. Back home is... no comment. :-\

sevgi
06-27-2008, 02:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

Hear hear!:thumbs_up Although the media is a headache when it comes to Muslim related manners, and there are the occasional anti-Muslim idiots [Camden ring a bell?], this is really a great place to live. Not perfect, but no place is.

I've lived here all my lie it is my home and I can't imagine living any where else.
i mean youre gna get that sorta media junk everywhere..and as for camden..unkle sam wud do em good:P

hehehe...lol...i love the fact that noone else knows what we are on about:P

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.