/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Centre for Islamic Studies in Oxford

glo
06-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Hi all

I am in Oxford for a couple of days, attending a course at the School for Health and Social Care in Oxford.

Today we were trying to find our way there on foot and came across this Centre for Islamic Studies in Oxford, which is in the process of being built.
It's going to be quite an impresive building ...

http://www.headington.org.uk/hcda/walk/index.htm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
06-23-2008, 09:18 PM
It looks really good. Thanks for sharing that with us!

glo
06-24-2008, 08:08 PM
The building is actually much bigger now than in the picture shown.
But I didn't have my digital camera with me, otherwise I would have taken an up-to-date picture ...

'Abd al-Baari
06-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh,

Is this the same buliding glo?

More pictures here

:w: :peace: :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Whatsthepoint
06-24-2008, 08:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Baari

More pictures here

Whoah, it's huge!

Uthman
06-24-2008, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Whoah, it's huge!
Huge as in 'good huge'? :?

Whatsthepoint
06-24-2008, 09:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
Huge as in 'good huge'? :?
lol, yes, huge in a good sense.:)

glo
06-25-2008, 08:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Baari

More pictures here

Yes, I think so!

We walked along the road by the dome and tower side of the building. It is still a building site and fenced off, so I didn't ralise just how far back the building goes.
It is very impressive!

Actually, I really enjoyed my days in Oxford. It has some fabulous buildings and great architecture!

Whatsthepoint
06-25-2008, 10:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Actually, I really enjoyed my days in Oxford. It has some fabulous buildings and great architecture!
Wow, what did you study?

glo
06-25-2008, 10:58 AM
Wow, what did you study?
Oh, I was only there for 2 days! :-[
And I didn't come back being a fountain of all knowledge ... :D

I went on a course for student educators, which will enable me to supervise and assess students in my own workplace.

Whatsthepoint
06-25-2008, 11:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Oh, I was only there for 2 days! :-[
And I didn't come back being a fountain of all knowledge ... :D

I went on a course for student educators, which will enable me to supervise and assess students in my own workplace.
Oh, lol, sorry. You said you really enjoyed your days at Oxford and I thought that meant you studied there.
It did seem strange though that architecture was the main factor why you enjoyed it..:-[

glo
06-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Oh, lol, sorry. You said you really enjoyed your days at Oxford and I thought that meant you studied there.
It did seem strange though that architecture was the main factor why you enjoyed it..:-[
LOl

I should have said that I enjoyed my two days in Oxford! it would have been less confusing ... :D

Had I spent several years studying in Oxford, I am sure I would remember it for different reasons other than just the architecture ...

I am hoping to go back with my family to explore Oxford a bit further.
The old town, the churches, the river, the botanical garden ... there is much to see!

buddy1
10-27-2008, 12:11 PM
Just you guys would be interested in knowing, I live in oxford and the building works have been halted due to lack of funds, Ithere is a new thread, have you see whats happening in oxford for more details! :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.