/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Al Qadar regards who you marry!!!

Eeman
06-26-2008, 12:32 AM
Dear brothers and sisters,

I would much appreciate if you would help me with understanding this,
I have read many books regards fate and destiny but one thing they have failed to mention or maybe i have not grasped or noticed Allah swt knows is whether the person that you get married to is a decree of Allah swt and is already written or do you have a free will in that as His slaves in this world.

If you would know of any Qur'anic references it would be much appreciated.

ma salama

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
06-26-2008, 02:46 PM
:sl:

Thread Approved.

It may be better to speak to a Scholar regarding this, Insha'Allah.

:w:

Umar001
06-26-2008, 03:07 PM
As Salam Alaykum,

The way you have put the question poses problems, you said is it either that it is written already OR do we have free will. I don't see that this matter should be of an OR.

'Abd al-Baari
06-26-2008, 03:11 PM
:sl:

I agree with akhee^

Let me just post this from IslamQA

Belief in destiny and fate is one of the basic beliefs of Islam. It means that Allaah is the Knower of all things and the Creator of all things; nothing exists outside of His will and decree. He wrote down all things with Him in al-Lawh al-Mahfooz (the Preserved Tablet), and this was fifty thousand years before He created the universe. Everything in the universe, every creature and the things it does, is the creation of Allaah. Whatever He wills happens, and whatever He does not will does not happen. If something happens to a person, it could not have missed him, and if something does not happen to him, it could not have happened to him. A person is not forced to obey or disobey Allaah – he has free will as befits his state, but it is subject to the will of the Creator. And Allaah knows best..
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
06-26-2008, 03:18 PM
:salamext:

In Basic English - Allaah Knows how you will live your life, who you will marry, what u will eat tomorrow, etc. Allaah knows the state of your hearts. Everything has been decreed according to this. E.g. think of it like this

You are watching a movie and you don't know what will happen next, but maker/producer of the movie knows exactly what will happen.

One of the things that can change your fate/destiny is dua.

You can check out more details about that in this lecture; Dua - The Weapon of the Believer

Eeman
06-26-2008, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

In Basic English - Allaah Knows how you will live your life, who you will marry, what u will eat tomorrow, etc. Allaah knows the state of your hearts. Everything has been decreed according to this. E.g. think of it like this

You are watching a movie and you don't know what will happen next, but maker/producer of the movie knows exactly what will happen.

One of the things that can dange your fate/destiny is dua.

You can check out moe details about that in this lecture; Dua - The Weapon of the Believer
thank you so much for your replies i pray that Allah swt rewards you for each and every word written InshaAllah.

i understand what you are saying sister serene no DOUBT that Allah swt knows everything no question asked about that whatsoever.

but what i was asking maybe i did not word it correctly is:
the person that we marry in this world is that something that we play a part in as regards our free will or is it Allah swt decree that we will marry this person and it falls beyond our free will.

i dont know if that would be better put. but InshaAllah i pray that you understand what i am trying to ask advise about.

------
06-26-2008, 03:38 PM

There is no contradiction in free will and Allaah's decree, check out this post for more information;

http://www.islamicboard.com/aqeedah/...tml#post873138

This decree is merely the recording of a person’s deeds. The person has been given free will. He fully enjoys the choice to act or not to act of his own volition during the course of his life. He can choose to obey Allah’s commands and abstain from what Allah has prohibited, or he may choose to do otherwise.

However, Allah knows the Unseen in its entirety. He knows what that person will choose to do of his own free will throughout his life, and He records all of this.

Let us use an example to make things a bit more clear. You look in a mirror on one occasion and, you will see a clean face staring back at you. If you look at it at another time and you see unclean face, you cannot blame the mirror. It only shows what is in front of it. The same applies for a camera and the like.

The knowledge of Allah is something infinitely and incomparably far greater and far more precise than that reflection in the mirror.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) relates to us that Allah says: “O My servants! It is only your deeds that I take into account, and I recompense you for them.”

Therefore, what is mentioned in the hadîth that “what is written overtakes him” does not mean that a person is recorded as being one of the dwellers of Fire just like that without any justification. What is recorded for a person is only in accordance with what that person will have chosen for himself. Allah does not oppress anyone.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) also relates to us that Allah says: “O my servants I have forbidden oppression upon myself.”

We should not presume something about Allah that is not true.

No one will enter the Fire except on account of what he had committed of his own free will. This fact is emphasized in the Qur’ân many times over.

Allah says: “And whoever works a righteous deed – whether man or woman – and is a believer, such will enter the Paradise: therein will they have abundance without measure.” [Sûrah Ghâfir: 40]

He also says: “Then, on that day, not a soul will be wronged in the least, and ye shall but be recompensed except for what you had done.” [Sûrah YâSîn: 54]

Hence, I would say your question is misplaced, since no one will enter the Fire except on account of what he does of his own free will.

http://islamtoday.com/show_detail_se...main_cat_id=18

Eeman
06-26-2008, 04:02 PM
thank you sister serene but still i know it may sound dumb it doesnt answer my question.

ok i remember as a child i was always told that there are 3 things decreed by Allah swt which we have absolutely no choice over,

1:our brith as in who we are gender, appearance, who we are born to and what race and where we are born.

2: who we marry, the person we marry is what Allah swt has already written for us, s/he will be the person that was created for you to marry.

3: our death, when we die, how we die, where we die.

i used to get told that these things we have no control over whatsoever.
i definately agree with number 1 and 3 but im not 100% sure about no. 2 hence why i wanted to see your views upon the subject.

------
06-26-2008, 05:53 PM

It does answer the question. Everything is decreed, everything. If you choose not to believe that, that's your choice, unfortunately!

Eeman
06-26-2008, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

It does answer the question. Everything is decreed, everything. If you choose not to believe that, that's your choice, unfortunately!
so if everything is decreed then where does free will come to it? and why would Allah swt punish people who He has decreed to be a kafir?

------
06-26-2008, 06:02 PM

I wish people would BOTHER to read what I link them to!!!!!!!!!!

This decree is merely the recording of a person’s deeds. The person has been given free will. He fully enjoys the choice to act or not to act of his own volition during the course of his life. He can choose to obey Allah’s commands and abstain from what Allah has prohibited, or he may choose to do otherwise.

However, Allah knows the Unseen in its entirety. He knows what that person will choose to do of his own free will throughout his life, and He records all of this.

Let us use an example to make things a bit more clear. You look in a mirror on one occasion and, you will see a clean face staring back at you. If you look at it at another time and you see unclean face, you cannot blame the mirror. It only shows what is in front of it. The same applies for a camera and the like.

The knowledge of Allah is something infinitely and incomparably far greater and far more precise than that reflection in the mirror.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) relates to us that Allah says: “O My servants! It is only your deeds that I take into account, and I recompense you for them.”

Therefore, what is mentioned in the hadîth that “what is written overtakes him” does not mean that a person is recorded as being one of the dwellers of Fire just like that without any justification. What is recorded for a person is only in accordance with what that person will have chosen for himself. Allah does not oppress anyone.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) also relates to us that Allah says: “O my servants I have forbidden oppression upon myself.”

We should not presume something about Allah that is not true.

No one will enter the Fire except on account of what he had committed of his own free will. This fact is emphasized in the Qur’ân many times over.

Allah says: “And whoever works a righteous deed – whether man or woman – and is a believer, such will enter the Paradise: therein will they have abundance without measure.” [Sûrah Ghâfir: 40]

He also says: “Then, on that day, not a soul will be wronged in the least, and ye shall but be recompensed except for what you had done.” [Sûrah YâSîn: 54]

Hence, I would say your question is misplaced, since no one will enter the Fire except on account of what he does of his own free will.

Umar001
06-26-2008, 06:22 PM
Is there any power or might except by Allah?

Also define and explain what you mean by decreed.

Eeman
06-26-2008, 07:24 PM
by decreed i mean something that Allah swt has already foreordained and has written and only He has decided. where we or our free will to doing things as in right or wrong have no influence over it whatsoever.

Eeman
06-26-2008, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eeman
thank you sister serene but still i know it may sound dumb it doesnt answer my question.

ok i remember as a child i was always told that there are 3 things has written by Allah swt which we have absolutely no choice over, (i know He has written everything cos He knows what actions we wll take 5 years down the line if we are still alive but we have our own free will to choose whether our actions are good or bad) so my question is not about questioning His ability whatsoever!!!

1:our brith as in who we are gender, appearance, who we are born to and what race and where we are born.

2: who we marry, the person we marry is what Allah swt has already written for us, s/he will be the person that was created for you to marry.

3: our death, when we die, how we die, where we die.

i used to get told that these things we have no control over whatsoever.
i definately agree with number 1 and 3 but im not 100% sure about no. 2 hence why i wanted to see your views upon the subject.

All i am asking is like our free will allows us to do something for the sake of Allah swt or to commit a sin. does it also allow us to choose who we get married to or do we have no control over that?

Umar001
06-26-2008, 07:35 PM
by decreed i mean something that Allah swt has already foreordained and has written and only He has decided. where we or our free will to doing things as in right or wrong have no influence over it whatsoever.
What about the other Question? Do you hold that there is no power or might/movement except by Allah?

You are asking about something specific, noone of us here are scholars nor even students of knowledge of a high level, correct me if I am wrong.

The matter of Qadar, predestination, preordainment etc is a heavy matter, and I think it is best for me to speak only what I have found from scholars, so I'll close the thread and read on this and then give you what I find.

I may not find anything to answer this, but that is because I cannot even read arabic. I would advice you to listen to Saleh As Saleh's talks on Qadar wa Qada

http://understand-islam.net/audio/an...a%27+wal+Qadar

Edit:

You choose who you get married to just like you choose where you travel to.

And Allah knows best.

TrueStranger
06-27-2008, 05:21 AM
Dear brothers and sisters,

I would much appreciate if you would help me with understanding this,
I have read many books regards fate and destiny but one thing they have failed to mention or maybe i have not grasped or noticed Allah swt knows is whether the person that you get married to is a decree of Allah swt and is already written or do you have a free will in that as His slaves in this world.

If you would know of any Qur'anic references it would be much appreciated.

ma salama
I believe everything is decreed already.

It is by Allah's Will that we have free will. And i believe the basic free will we humans have is something that is already Decreed by Allah.

Allah knows best, and may Allah forgive me if I've said something that isn't true unintentionally or out of ignorance.

------
06-27-2008, 08:06 AM

This topic is going around in circles. We have given you your answer. If you choose not to accept it, good luck to you.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.