/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Qibla same direction of Satellite Dish?

-S-
06-29-2008, 09:28 AM
Salams

Has anyone heard of this concept? basically in UK wherever the Satellite DIsh is pointing its the same way as Qibla?

Theres quite a few people who follow this concept ive heard - anyone else come across it?

in a way i can understand where they are coming from if you got SKY here in UK all the Satellite Dishes are are pointing towards 28 degrees East

so if you move slightly to the left hand side of where its pointing thats where you have East!

(btw im not encouraging people do this)

:blind:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
06-29-2008, 09:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by -S-
Salams

Has anyone heard of this concept? basically in UK wherever the Satellite DIsh is pointing its the same way as Qibla?

Theres quite a few people who follow this concept ive heard - anyone else come across it?

in a way i can understand where they are coming from if you got SKY here in UK all the Satellite Dishes are are pointing towards 28 degrees East

so if you move slightly to the left hand side of where its pointing thats where you have East!

(btw im not encouraging people do this)

:blind:
:sl:

Yes, like everymuslim i know uses(or knows) this concept. I think its pretty accurate. In our home the qibla is in the same direction as the satalite dish.

My parents tend to use it alot.

:w:

------
06-29-2008, 09:49 AM
:salamext:

Sounds like nonsense to me.

S_87
06-29-2008, 12:28 PM

yeh ive heard of this too

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
TrueStranger
06-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Okay what does it mean?:blind:

SixTen
06-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Yes, heard of it.

Fishman
06-29-2008, 01:35 PM
It probably only works in certain countries, if at all.

In North America, the Qibla is actually to the northeast, not the southeast as you would think from a map. In Anchorage, Alaska it is almost due north.

nebula
06-29-2008, 01:51 PM
I use this website to find out which way the Qibla is from my house

http://www.qiblalocator.com/

once you've opened the site click hybrid on the map so that you have a clearer understanding of your house

Re.TiReD
12-09-2008, 01:34 PM
:salamext:

JazakAllah khayr, I've been wondering this too. We use it at uni and used it at college at times when we didnt know.

Hmm

WassalamuAlaykum

Muezzin
12-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Never heard of that. We have Freeview.

Re.TiReD
12-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Need to invest in a compass methinks.

S1aveofA11ah
12-09-2008, 09:18 PM
Someone told me about this recently in the UK and it seems to be true. Look at any house with a sky dish (dont know about other types) and they point pretty much towards the kaba. Amazing if you are in one of those 'on the move' situations and need to pray.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.