/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wearing NBA basketball singlets? Haram or Halal?

raseem
06-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Was wondering if someone could give me there thoughts on the islamic stance on wearing nba singlets which have players names on the back of them.I have several nba jerseys that i've had before converting to islam and wondered if this would be a minor form of idol worshipping even though that is far from the case but would it come into this category.HARAM of HALAL thoughts please???......

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
07-03-2008, 11:07 AM
:sl:

Thread Approved, sorry for the delay. :)

Even the names of singers and soccer (football) stars and others who are not Muslim – all of that is not permissible, because it will lead to the Muslim venerating these people, who are kaafirs.
Source

I think it would be best to try and stay away from wearing such garments, Insha'Allah.

Allahu Aa'lam

:w:

BlackMamba
07-03-2008, 11:32 AM
I personally think its all in the intention. But Abdul Baari is right because it could lead to shirk and why make Kobe Bryant your role model when it should be the Prohpet Muhammad as your role model. But I do think that if you just wear it because you like the sport and the way the player plays the sport, then it okay to wear it. But I am not a sheikh.

Güven
07-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Arent There any Players Who Are Muslim ?????

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BlackMamba
07-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Ya theres a few like Shareef Abdur Rahim used to be an allstar but know hes kinda old. And of course theres Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon greatest center of all time. And Kareem Abdul Jabbar 2nd greatest center of all time both Muslim. Then theres Mehmet Okur from the Jazz who was an allstar last year and Hedo Turkoglu was Most Improved player of the year. The list goes on.

Güven
07-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Wow Thats Cool and Hakeem" The Dream" Olujuwon is :thumbs_up

BlackMamba
07-03-2008, 06:49 PM
How bout in football? Zidane is Muslim right and I heard Thierry henry was too

aadil77
07-03-2008, 06:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
How bout in football? Zidane is Muslim right and I heard Thierry henry was too

don't know but I don't think we should assume,

I think its best to have team/club shirts with no names printed on them, or just get your own name printed on it instead if it looks plain:)

'Abd al-Baari
07-03-2008, 06:58 PM
:sl:

I agree with brother Aadil, it is better not to make assumptions, Insha'Allah. Allahu A'lam.

And as akhee said, it is better to have either no names, or your own :). Also let's try and stay on topic please, Insha'Allah.

JazakAllah Khayr.

WaAlaykumus Salaam Warahmatullah

Ali.
07-03-2008, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
I don't think we should assume,
Nono Zidane is a Muslim, he clarified it, but he also stated he's a 'Non-practising' Muslim, soo yep. Not sure about Henry though.

But just get your own name printed on there, you'll be famous in no time! :D

Güven
07-03-2008, 07:04 PM
I agree , Just NO name at all Is Better I think

And Ofcourse There is Franck "Bilal" Ribery , The Best Player in Europe( my opinion:))
Look At how he makes Dua here :

Media Tags are no longer supported

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.