/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please Help...

Tanya Khan
07-01-2008, 08:57 AM
I am trying to get hold of a copy of my marriage certificate so I can get a divorce. I got married about 5 yrs ago from back home and I bought him over here 3 months later.

We split up a few months later and he took all the documents, including the marriage certificate. I have no copy and no one in my family does either.

There is no way of contacting the hubby as he has disappeared of the face of the earth. I have been to Islmaic Sharia Council for advice and they told me I need to get the nikanama otherwise I can't get divorced :( I want to get married again but if I can't get a copy of my marriage cert anywhere, does this mean I can never get married again? :(

I have been in touch with a Sheikh and he told me if I can't get hold of it I can't get married, I'm so depressed and frustrated, i'm sure I can get hold of a copy somewhere?

I have spoken to the home office and also the pakistani high commision who have not got any copies.

The marriage wasn't really registered properly here or in pakistan. We just had our nikah done by someone and i have no idea who it was?

What do i do, please advise me? :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eeman
07-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Oh gosh thats a hard one...
did the shariah council really say that you cant get a divorce without the nikah namah?
i mean that is a bit silly do you not have any sort of proof that you married him obviousy you need witnesses to have your nikah done can they not go on that basis, i mean what are the witnesses there to witness your nikah from the start anyhow???????

sister i think u should look into this properly im sure that there is a way.

how long have you been separated from your ex husband now?

anonymous
07-02-2008, 09:21 PM
No Way Am Sure Thers Some Way Around It- They Cant Not Allow U To Get Married Again Cos Of A Bit Of Paper Wt D Hell- Dis Is Englanddddddddd We Talkin About Im Sure Thers Sum Way Around It, Hope Goes Wel 4 U Sis Xx

Tanya Khan
07-04-2008, 08:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eeman
Oh gosh thats a hard one...
did the shariah council really say that you cant get a divorce without the nikah namah?
i mean that is a bit silly do you not have any sort of proof that you married him obviousy you need witnesses to have your nikah done can they not go on that basis, i mean what are the witnesses there to witness your nikah from the start anyhow???????

sister i think u should look into this properly im sure that there is a way.

how long have you been separated from your ex husband now?
I have been seperated from him for 6 years. I only thought of the divorce now because I want to get married again. And I thought the marriage wouldn't matter here because it was done back home, but I was far from the truth :cry:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tanya Khan
07-04-2008, 08:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
No Way Am Sure Thers Some Way Around It- They Cant Not Allow U To Get Married Again Cos Of A Bit Of Paper Wt D Hell- Dis Is Englanddddddddd We Talkin About Im Sure Thers Sum Way Around It, Hope Goes Wel 4 U Sis Xx
Yes I know I'm sure there's a way too. Thank you for replying.

Tania
07-05-2008, 04:41 AM
Why you don't try to contact his family :? Parents must know where is the man who done the nikkah. Also, in my country if the marriage certificate its not registrated , its not valid then. Ask a lawyer from Pakistan what says the law in this case. Are online lawyers too :-[

sevgi
07-05-2008, 06:04 AM
send out a warrant to issue a new marriage certificate with him..the authorities will mail the new one to him and he will sign it..then u can cancel that one..

cud that work?

or, just get married in the eyes of Allah...dont worry abt legal marriage for the time being..

cud that work?

or, u cud contact the police and get them to track him down..he is technically a missing person..with ur legal documents...

cud that work?

lol..i have no idea...anyone studying law round here..?

and also..sis...where are u from? like where do u live?

inshallah all will work out..dnt get too fussy abt it..

and this time sis..get photocopies:)

no1_outbider
07-05-2008, 11:39 AM

Sister,lets talk about it from an islmaic perspective.

You have two options :

-Either the husband divorces you by using any of the sentences used in Shariah etc.

-You pay a certain amount of money (i think return your mahar,i'll find out iA)
and ask for a divorce from him;known as Khula.

But seing that neither is possible.

Im not sure if that is confirmed,but Im certain if the husband has dissapeared for a long period of time and hasnt been in contact at all,the woman can re-marry.

Please ask an Imam inshAllah-Meanwhile I will try and findout whether its authentic!

*KB*
07-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Assalamualaykum and Peace to all

Sister Tanya Khan, if you cannot get hold of your husband, have you tried his family? Anyone? Whether here or Pakistan?
I am truly sorry for what has happened and I am sorry I cannot give any good or worthy advice :cry: but Insha'Allah I will make Du'aa for you that you find your Certificate of Marriage and all goes well for you Sister. :cry: Once again, I am sorry I cannot do more to help.

Assalamualaykum and Peace to All
*KB*
:coolious:

samirasabir
07-05-2008, 11:17 PM
I am pretty sure that if a husband has left and has disappeared then within a number of years the mariage becomes void as Islam does not agree with the woman being solitary on the whim of a man just leaving. But not sure how many years!
if he said the three talaqs then you would have been eligible for marriage as soon as your iddah was over. However definitely within a number of years the marriage does become void after a nimber of years! All you have to is find out how many.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!