/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some forums may lead to fitnah between the sexes...

------
07-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Some forums may lead to fitnah between the sexes

In some Islamic forums there is a section for amusement. It normally contains funny and rare issues. Its aim is to amuse the members. It is run by good brothers and sisters, we think they are good and Allah knows best.

We noticed in some forums, especially in this section, that men and women started to mix together and use expressions like 'ha ha ha' and may Allah please you. In addition to some funny pictures that does not oppose Islam like children in funny situations or pictures of the nature that contain some funny aspect, and using the expressional faces (emotions) in titles and replies. Also the kind of subjects they discuss together, we think that it can open a door of fitnah.

We suggest some limits to be ruled on forums, especially this amusing section. We suggest that it should be only for brothers, not sisters, although the sisters will be able to read all was typed on this section, but will not be able to share or reply. Knowing that there is no ways we can know if the participant is a brother or a sister, as we do not have but the name.

Is there any way by which we can control this section in forums? Whether by allowing only specific subjects, or specific replies on these subjects, or by making it for only one sex? Knowing that everyone will be able to read what is written in this section even the unregistered guests.

Is there any specific subjects you suggest that are Islamic and at the same time achieving the aim of this section which is amusing these good brothers and sisters. Or it is better if we just block this section if it is a door of fitnah? What do you advise us to do?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Most of what happens in so called amusement forums is carelessness and a lack of control over posts and comments, because both men and women participate in these forums. This is undoubtedly a door to fitnah, so people may be impressed or attracted, then try to get in touch via e-mail and the like. Hence we think that this door should be closed, and the amusement forum should be restricted to men, and another forum should be set up for women only for the same purpose, if there is a need for that.

If a man tricks the participants in the forum and enters as if he is a woman (or vice versa), then the sin of that lie is borne by him alone. There is no sin on you, in sha Allaah, so long as you have announced clearly that it is not allowed for women to take part in the men's forums or for men to take part in the women's forums.

And Allaah knows best.

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
07-01-2008, 11:49 AM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Great!

JazakiAllahu khair,

We should get rid of it.

Starseeker
07-01-2008, 05:23 PM
:sl:

I agree, which is why I refrain from posting in the main sections. I do gain knowledge from what the brothers write though I just dont like the free mixing that happens in some sections:

Güven
07-01-2008, 05:50 PM
JazakAllahu Khair , I agree But I have To say Ive looked In many Forums And This Forum Is The Only One wich There is No Fitnah Or No much MashAllah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
07-01-2008, 06:22 PM
:salamext:

MashaaAllaah, yeh. That is one of the things I like about LI.

czgibson
07-01-2008, 06:33 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -
We suggest some limits to be ruled on forums, especially this amusing section. We suggest that it should be only for brothers, not sisters, although the sisters will be able to read all was typed on this section, but will not be able to share or reply.
Or you could always have one for each gender, and put them in the Brothers' and Sisters' sections that are there already. :)

Peace

------
07-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Greetings,

That is not a bad idea!

Ali.
07-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Do you think there is that big a problem at the moment, - Serene -, sis' ?

------
07-03-2008, 04:46 PM

Allaahu Aalim bro.

Ali.
07-03-2008, 04:49 PM
I'm asking for your personal opinion :).

------
07-03-2008, 04:55 PM

I think it is okay at the moment, sometimes it gets out of hand.

Tania
07-03-2008, 08:42 PM
I don't know if its a reliable source and this sentence "and another forum should be set up for women only for the same purpose, if there is a need for that" its very suspicious (F THERE IS A NEED OF THAT)

BlissfullyJaded
07-03-2008, 09:30 PM
:sl:

The original site from where this was posted is Islamqa, which is reliable, despite the differences of opinion some people may have with them. And, I think there are more sisters only forums than there are brothers only forums, if there are any brothers only forums around!
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/102418

It's not always what happens on the forum that is the problem but what happens off through e-mails and msn like the fatwa states, although if let to happen bad stuff can happen in public too... Overall I don't think LI is doin bad in terms of inter mixing.

MaiCarInMtl
07-04-2008, 08:42 PM
I feel the need to ask for clarification before I give my full opinion.

It was mentioned in the original post that this concerns forums for "amusement". Which sections of the board would this include? Would it include all sections or just certain sections? I ask because some sections really just for amusement whereas others really do discuss interesting (and important) issues.

This was mentioned "We suggest that it should be only for brothers, not sisters, although the sisters will be able to read all was typed on this section, but will not be able to share or reply" and later on this "the amusement forum should be restricted to men, and another forum should be set up for women only for the same purpose, if there is a need for that". Is this being proposed by 2 places? (sorry, it's just a bit unclear to me).
I can only offer my opinion (so far) on this 2nd part: If certain sections are to be segregated, I guess that is acceptable, but I do believe there should be a mens and womens section and not have it open to just one gender for comments or additions. Would there perhaps be a way to share topics? (ie the original post be put in the men and women's section and, depending on the gender of the user, they see the answers of the people from their own gender only?)

Personally, I would be a bit saddened if it were no longer possible for the genders to discuss certain issues that are posted on the board. I like getting different perspectives regardless of gender, nationality, race, age or religion. Unfortunately, if the temptation may be too much for some... I would just really dislike to lose the mixed perspectives I have so far found on this board (and out in the real world). People's differing way of seeing things and explaining them is what made me continue looking into Islam (rather than just sticking to my first, biased, Catholic, French-Canadian, feminist interpretation of some issues).

Sorry my post is so long, I didn't intend to go on like this.

no1_outbider
07-05-2008, 12:13 PM

@ Brother Ali :

Brother this issue has been ingnored thus why a number of Islamic forums
are no longer reconised as islamic forum,due to the type of behavious that is apparent on the board.Thus as Muslims,we should be aware to keep humour with ghair-mahram to a minimum level.

Are you with me?

@ Sister Serene :

Inorder to recude this problem one,this board can undertake the following :

-Allow readers to read the threads solely,not allow any commenting,so no corss gender jokes are cracked.

-If the section still remains incontrolable,possibly close it for a temporary period of time,to get members to realise!

But inorder to undertake the latter suggestion,members need to start interacting in other section with the opposite gender in the most formal manner possible,for it to have an impact effectivley.

no1_outbider
07-05-2008, 12:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MaiCarInMtl
I feel the need to ask for clarification before I give my full opinion.

It was mentioned in the original post that this concerns forums for "amusement". Which sections of the board would this include? Would it include all sections or just certain sections? I ask because some sections really just for amusement whereas others really do discuss interesting (and important) issues.

This was mentioned "We suggest that it should be only for brothers, not sisters, although the sisters will be able to read all was typed on this section, but will not be able to share or reply" and later on this "the amusement forum should be restricted to men, and another forum should be set up for women only for the same purpose, if there is a need for that". Is this being proposed by 2 places? (sorry, it's just a bit unclear to me).
I can only offer my opinion (so far) on this 2nd part: If certain sections are to be segregated, I guess that is acceptable, but I do believe there should be a mens and womens section and not have it open to just one gender for comments or additions. Would there perhaps be a way to share topics? (ie the original post be put in the men and women's section and, depending on the gender of the user, they see the answers of the people from their own gender only?)

Personally, I would be a bit saddened if it were no longer possible for the genders to discuss certain issues that are posted on the board. I like getting different perspectives regardless of gender, nationality, race, age or religion. Unfortunately, if the temptation may be too much for some... I would just really dislike to lose the mixed perspectives I have so far found on this board (and out in the real world). People's differing way of seeing things and explaining them is what made me continue looking into Islam (rather than just sticking to my first, biased, Catholic, French-Canadian, feminist interpretation of some issues).

Sorry my post is so long, I didn't intend to go on like this.

Hello there,

I take it with the term 'ammusment' the humour section is referred to.

I take it your a non-muslim looking into Islam.

Hence im not sure if you are exactly aware of the issue of gender interaction in Islam,please feel free to ask for a explanantion and i will be happy to provide one.

Going back to the initial issue,allow me to reassure you,the entire forum will not be segregated,the board is open for discussions within genders since Islam allows it considering if its done in the correct manner,the only trouble is,how members approach one another of the opposite gender.

Thus,if our fellow members possibly stop utlising the LOLs and humoures emoticon,the issue shall be resolved.

Eeman
07-06-2008, 01:24 AM
whats wrong with saying hahaha??????????????????? :o$

Eeman
07-06-2008, 01:25 AM
Does islam forbid us to have a little laugh????
i really dont get that!!!
:o$ :o$

Tania
07-06-2008, 05:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eeman
whats wrong with saying hahaha??????????????????? :o$
The bro in question could imagine how sounds your haha, :giggling:, which obviously give them a headache because they will never hear your voice. Or if i rem correctly only to use an improper voice its forbidden.

MuslimahBlue
07-06-2008, 05:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
The bro in question could imagine how sounds your haha, :giggling:, which obviously give them a headache because they will never hear your voice. Or if i rem correctly only to use an improper voice its forbidden.
:muddlehea

Eeman
07-06-2008, 06:52 PM
i still dont get it!!!
i dont see anything being wrong with hahaha!
and when bros and sisters talkin forums there's nothing wrong with it unless they dont talk about sinful things and start flirting then add each other on messenger and start talking and having late night chit chats then thats wrong...

gosh sometimes you guys make it sound like everything on this planet is wrong!!!!!!!
you forget that its the intention that is important! if your intntions are bad then yes Allah swt knows what you reveal and what you conceal, but if you have no bad intentions that there is nothing wrong with it!

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-06-2008, 07:27 PM
How strict can you be?do we completely stop any interaction at all because it might just have the chance of causing fitnah?iof someone has the intention of causin fitnah he/she will do it no matter how many restriction you put..I think more emphasis should be put on teaching each other how purify our intentions rather then closing the whole forum down.

Tania
07-06-2008, 07:57 PM
"Between a woman and a non-mahram man there should be no intonation, gestures, chat, joking (which lead to that ahaha), flirting or playful talk, so that there will be no room for provocation of desires and doubts. Women are not prevented from talking to non-mahram men when it is necessary to do so, " from http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/1121 (Mufti Ebrahim Desai site its not working right now :( )

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-06-2008, 08:32 PM
I know what islamqa says, thats the only source ever posted here.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.