/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Delay the Prayers until....

------
07-01-2008, 12:28 PM

:salamext:

Abu Dharr (radiAllahu anhu) narrated:

“While the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) was on a journey, he said [regarding the performance of the Zuhr prayer], ‘Wait until it gets cooler.’

He said the same thing again until the shade of the hillocks extended, and then he said, ‘Delay the [Zuhr] prayer until it gets cooler, for the severity of heat is from the breath of Hell.’”

[Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 10, Number 514]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Güven
07-01-2008, 12:34 PM
JazakAllahu Khair Sis For This Hadith , I will need it when I go to Turkey Saturday InshaAllah:statisfie:exhausted

------
07-01-2008, 12:37 PM

Wa Iyaak, we need it in UK as well though...sometimes it's really hot and brothers and sisters pray Zuhr at 1.30, when the Sun is at it's highest and hottest point.

So just a reminder inshaAllaah.

MunirAhmadKamil
07-01-2008, 12:44 PM
ooh..i didnt know about that..i thought its best to do solah earliest as possible?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
07-01-2008, 12:47 PM

It is, but delaying the Zuhr prayer is good because of what the above hadith says.

Others should be read as soon as possible InshaaAllaah.

And Allaah Knows Best.

MunirAhmadKamil
07-01-2008, 12:49 PM
ohh i see. Jazakallah khair sis. something new i learnt today:)

------
07-01-2008, 12:51 PM

Also

Narrated Abu Al-Minhal:

Abu Barza said, "The Prophet used to offer the Fajr (prayer) when one could recognize the person sitting by him (after the prayer) and he used to recite between 60 to 100 Ayat (verses) of the Qur'an.

He used to offer the Zuhr prayer as soon as the sun declined (at noon) and the 'Asr at a time when a man might go and return from the farthest place in Medina and find the sun still hot. (The sub-narrator forgot what was said about the Maghrib). He did not mind delaying the 'Isha prayer to one third of the night or the middle of the night."

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 10, Number 516

------
07-01-2008, 12:54 PM

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "If anyone of you can get one Rak'a of the 'Asr prayer before sunset, he should complete his prayer.

If any of you can get one Rak'a of the Fajr prayer before sunrise, he should complete his prayer."

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 10, Number 531

------
07-01-2008, 12:57 PM

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "There is no prayer after the morning prayer till the sun rises, and there is no prayer after the Asr prayer till the sun sets."

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 10, Number 560

------
07-01-2008, 12:58 PM

More hadiths about the Times of the Prayer can be found here InshaaAllaah.

~ Sabr ~
05-19-2016, 02:40 PM
:bump: as it is Summer now....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.