/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anwar declares war to 'save Malaysia'

north_malaysian
07-02-2008, 04:48 AM
Anwar declares war to 'save Malaysia'

Anwar Ibrahim in fiery form last night. — pictures by Choo Choy May

By Debra Chong
SHAH ALAM, July 2 – The trailer for "Saladin", the Malaysian animation, was showing on the projector screen in the indoor Stadium Melawati when Parti Keadilan Rakyat supporters started trickling in at 8pm yesterday for a last-minute ceramah.

The fight scene, which saw a fiery battle between a young and untested Saladin (the title character who later became a revered hero in both East and West) and the Crusaders was protracted and rather bloody.

However, it was a fitting starter to the night's programme.
Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim has been stepping up his pace of engagement since being hit by a second sodomy charge late last week. And if last night's rally is any indicator, it is now at fever pitch.

Earlier in the day, the unofficial head of PKR held several rounds of one-to-one interviews with members of the foreign media at the Quality Hotel in Shah Alam.

In the afternoon, he made a trip to the nearby Selangor Police Contingent Headquarters to lodge a report against the present Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Musa Hassan and Attorney General Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail for fabricating evidence at his trial a decade ago.

And from there, it was a rush to PKR's new headquarters in Petaling Jaya for a press conference with the local media.

At night, it was back to Shah Alam to meet with supporters in the hastily-arranged ceramah to update them on what's really been going on since Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan's sodomy allegation bombshell.

Sungai Petani MP Johari Abdul, who was also the emcee for the event, gave a slice of what was in store when he stepped up to the podium at 9pm.

"The drums of war have already sounded. This time, it's not their field but ours. We will tell the rakyat what really happened, who's really involved...things you won't read about in the local papers."

Other PKR leaders – vice-presidents R. Sivarasa and Azmin Ali – expounded at length on that topic. And when Anwar entered the arena an hour later, the crowd, which numbered roughly 2,000 in the beginning but later swelled close to 7,000, was fully roused and ready to do battle.

The crowd swells to 7,000 at Stadium Melawati, Shah Alam.

Anwar told them how he had planned to announce his political comeback in office through a by-election this very week, but is deferring to a later date because the "information was leaked from his office", thanks to Saiful, whom he said also had ties to the AG.

He told them about why he sought refuge at the Turkish embassy – that it was not his choice to but because his wife and children and Pakatan Rakyat compatriots were worried for his physical safety.

He told them about the death threats; about the report he had lodged with the police against their chief and the AG; about the web of lies the duo had concocted 10 years ago when he was thrown into jail, humiliated and physically abused then and how he was not going to stand for it a second time around.

He clarified for them his relationship with his current accuser, Saiful, who was not a personal aide as painted by the media but a mere volunteer staff during the election campaigning.
He fed them the same information he had given the media at the press conference earlier. But he also gave them extra.

Before, he had only alluded to their names, but last night, he made it clear who the conspirators were behind the allegations of sodomy against him.

"I have proof that a volunteer staff of mine had a personal relationship with the wife of the deputy prime minister and his office," cried Anwar.

He showed them a picture – by now widely circulated – of the 23-year-old posing with Khairil Anas Yusof, an aide to the DPM outside his office, which was projected onto a giant screen above the stage.

The masses, outraged, responded with fervour, calling out words too derogatory to be repeated.

Supporters listen intently to Anwar's every word while a giant screen flash images overhead.

"Datuk Najib wants to become prime minister. He should cleanse his name first. Rosmah wants to become the prime minister's wife..." he announced further but was drowned out by the roar of fury from the floor.

"I've said the involvement of the deputy prime minister, his wife and his aide...The person involved, in the picture, Khairil Anas, he should be careful," Anwar added.

And then he issued his challenge.

"There is no turning back...I will fight! I will fight morning, I will fight noon, I will fight evening, I will fight night! I will not stand for all this fitnah and such rotten things!" Anwar thundered.

"This is not a question of Anwar, but a question of saving Malaysia. The government mechanism should not be used to oppress the people...but to protect the interest of the people," he thundered when he entered the arena at 10pm.
And though he went on at length about a great many things, Anwar has got one thing right, if nothing else.

"The issue now is about national governance. Other issues...are mere distractions."

For Anwar, the cloak-and-dagger games are over.

Source: http://themalaysianinsider.com/index...-save-malaysia

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
07-02-2008, 06:00 AM
more pics

source: http://www.harakahdaily.net/index.ph...5531&Itemid=85

suffiyan007
07-02-2008, 10:49 AM
ooo! Very Well, i heard that Anwar about his trial.pakatan UMNO really driving Anwar insane...accusing Anwar...! So the Next election parti keadilan defence Anwar and lotsa polls next 4 years.Sangat Sedey kena fitnah cam tu kan!.

------
07-02-2008, 10:53 AM
:salamext:

When I read the title of the thread, I though you meant Anwar Al Awlaki, got shocked for a second!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
James1992
07-02-2008, 11:02 AM
He is a coward Turkish embassy what if he is innocent he would be in the street shouting his innoence....

north_malaysian
07-02-2008, 01:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by James1992
He is a coward Turkish embassy what if he is innocent he would be in the street shouting his innoence....
You dont know about 1998 thingy right?

When he was accused of sodomy...the police forcefully detained him, punched his eye, broke his backbone and jailed him in a place sprayed with arsenic... in 2004 the Federal Court thrown out the "sodomy" case as it's not proven beyond reasonable doubt.....

Now it just the same script, but only the "victim" is different... he was traumatised with the 1998 incident and got death threats....his political party advised him to hide himself for safety...or he'll be blown like altantuya...

Now, the government guaranteed his safety, he filed defamation suit againts the "victim" as he has a very strong alibi....

After lots of lies being told by BN government, do you think we Malaysians would believe this sodomy thingy....not anymore.

James1992
07-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Well the president sayed that everyone will protect him well it said on Al Jazzera anyway...;

north_malaysian
07-02-2008, 01:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Suffiyan007
ooo! Very Well, i heard that Anwar about his trial.pakatan UMNO really driving Anwar insane...accusing Anwar...! So the Next election parti keadilan defence Anwar and lotsa polls next 4 years.Sangat Sedey kena fitnah cam tu kan!.
Memang sedey (it's sad)

Almost all non-Muslims dont believe this allegation, and only ultra-nationalists believe this story because they dont Anwar to be the next PM.

north_malaysian
07-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Well the president sayed that everyone will protect him well it said on Al Jazzera anyway...;
We dont have President, that's our stupid prime minister who always warning the people to stop questioning about "Ketuanan Melayu" (Malay Lordship on the minority)...

I am officially registered as a Malay, and I want "Ketuanan Melayu" to be replaced with "Kuasa Rakyat" (People's Power)...

I wont accept a racist concept...it's against ISlam.

suffiyan007
07-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Memang Betul...i am agreed. Sebenarnya Anwar itu timbalan menteri setelah Mahathir taruk khaw khaw Anwar di penjarakan if not Anwar nai Jadi PM...
Harga minyak naik,apa apa naik....ape ape ajelah...huhu....Hope Anwar Stands for the right...huhu.

suffiyan007
07-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Abdullah Badawi jadi prime minister hura hara Malaysia..!... So we as a team stand for Malaysia as nationalist! ok...to fight for the right!:D

James1992
07-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Shows how honest al jazzera is then....

suffiyan007
07-02-2008, 02:35 PM
James, i and north malaysian talk about Malaysia politic that held now in our local. not Al-jazeera...pls take note...!

so James is your mom and dad know you revert to muslim? i would like to help if u need my help...lil' james!

James1992
07-02-2008, 02:55 PM
If they knew i would be six foot under...

north_malaysian
07-03-2008, 12:58 AM
Memang Betul...i am agreed. Sebenarnya Anwar itu timbalan menteri setelah Mahathir taruk khaw khaw Anwar di penjarakan if not Anwar nai Jadi PM...
Harga minyak naik,apa apa naik....ape ape ajelah...huhu....Hope Anwar Stands for the right...huhu.
In 1998, Anwar want to challange Mahathir in order to be the Prime Minister, and he was accused to be a sodomite...

In 2008, Anwar want to form a government and be the Prime Minister in September, and again accused to be a sodomite...

Conclusion - if you want to challange the current Prime Minister, you'll be accused as a Sodomite.

north_malaysian
07-03-2008, 01:01 AM
Abdullah Badawi jadi prime minister hura hara Malaysia..!... So we as a team stand for Malaysia as nationalist! ok...to fight for the right!:D
Badawi is the weakest and dullest Malaysian prime minister I've ever seen...

He likes to make rule without consulting the people...

And he always sleeps....

north_malaysian
07-03-2008, 01:02 AM
Shows how honest al jazzera is then....
Al Jazeera is actually Pro-Anwar...

Our former Information Minister hates Al Jazeera so much....:exhausted

north_malaysian
07-03-2008, 01:04 AM
James, i and north malaysian talk about Malaysia politic that held now in our local. not Al-jazeera...pls take note...!

so James is your mom and dad know you revert to muslim? i would like to help if u need my help...lil' james!
I think that our Kangaroo court is so famous worldwide...

north_malaysian
07-03-2008, 02:01 AM
Polls show most Malaysians believe Anwar innocent

KUALA LUMPUR, July 2 – Days after fresh sodomy claims tripped his journey to power, two opinion polls show most believe Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim is innocent and believe the charges are politically-motivated.

The independent Merdeka Centre research firm conducted a small survey and found just six percent of respondents believed the allegations while nearly 60 precent saw it as politically motivated.

It's going to be an uphill battle for the government because you are facing a more cynical public," the firm's pollster, Ibrahim Suffian, told the Reuters news agency. The survey polled 225 ethnic Malays aged 20 and above.

Another survey by the Malaysiakini website showed 94.4 percent of its respondents believed the allegation was part of a political conspiracy against Anwar, who led three opposition parties to an unprecendented 82 parliament seats and control of four more states in the March elections.

Malaysia's current political uncertainty - with an embattled prime minister facing calls to quit, a deputy prime minister facing allegations of links to a murder and Anwar's alleged sexual misconduct - also dragged the stock market lower again, with the benchmark Kuala Lumpur Composite Index (KLCI) down 1.7 percent at the midday break. The index has lost about 3 percent so far this week.

Ratings agency Fitch, which has a positive outlook for Malaysia's foreign currency rating and a stable outlook for the local currency, told Reuters it was monitoring the impact of the political situation on economic policies.

"The concern that we have would be that the political situation begins to affect the policy outlook. There is not really much evidence of that just yet," said James McCormack, head of Asia sovereign ratings at Fitch.

"It appears to us there is a political transition of sorts under way in Malaysia. The question is how fast does that move and how significant is it. And I think some of those answers are still unclear," he added.

Source: http://themalaysianinsider.com/index...nwar-innocent-

north_malaysian
07-03-2008, 05:23 AM
Now Anwar is really exploding...

Wow! Explosive!

11.34 Bangkok time - Anwar Ibrahim tells the media not to “censor” the name of the high profile minister mentioned in the press conference.

(About 11am, Bangkok time) Anwar Ibrahim’s press conference today revealed that Najib Tun Razak had introduced “Amina” a.k.a Altantuya Shariibuu to Abdul Razak Baginda at a diamond exhibition in Singapore.

All these were revealed by a private investigator named Balasubramaniam Perumal who appeared in the Altantuya trials. He fears for his safety and has revealed only now the details because the Prosecution is wrapping up the case. Bala has also made a statutory declaration and he was represented by his lawyer Americk Singh.

Najib had also told Baginda that he had sexual intercourse with Altantuya.

Najib asked Baginda to “take care” of Altantuya as he did not want her to harass him since he was now the deputy prime minister.

Wow! There is more…

Najib, Baginda and Altantuya had been in a dinner together in Paris.

Altantuya wanted money from Baginda as she said she was entitled to a 500,000USD commission out of the submarine deal in Paris.

Press conference now at Anwar’s office in Tropicana. Stay tuned!

See press statement here.

http://sloone.wordpress.com/2008/07/...nda/#more-1406

north_malaysian
07-03-2008, 05:25 AM
Press Statement - for immediate release —

3 July 2008, Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

Today we witness another episode of a consistent pattern of abuse of power and manipulation of the criminal justice system.

Recently one of the witnesses in the Altantuya trial approached us with detailed information of events connected to her disappearance and murder. The information was shocking.

Mr. P. Balasubramaniam, who was engaged by Abdul Razak Baginda as a private investigator was advised to seek legal counsel and document his story independently.

Today he is releasing a statutory declaration dated 1st July 2008 to the public detailing the story that he has to tell about what actually happened and what was told to him by key personalities in this saga including Abdul Razak Baginda and Altantuya herself.

These revelations speak for themselves. They reveal, amongst others, the following allegations:

1. Mr. Balasubramaniam was engaged by Abdul Razak Baginda to deal with alleged harassment by Altantuya in relation to debts owed to her (Paragraph 5 and 6).

2. Altantuya was promised a commission of USD 500,000 for assisting in a submarine deal in Paris (Paragraph 22, Paragraph 25.5 and Paragraph 28.2 and 28.3 ).

3. Altantuya was introduced to Razak Baginda by Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak at a diamond exhibition in Singapore ( Paragraph 25.5 and Paragraph 28.1).

4. Altantuya, Datuk Seri Najib and Razak Baginda had all been seen together at a dinner in Paris (Paragraph 28.2).

5. After the disappearance of Altantuya, a commotion took place in front of Razak Baginda’s house several days after 20 December 2006 where girl friends of Altantuya and one Mr.Ang (Altantuya’s own private investigator) arrived searching for Altantuya. Balasubramaniam had to call the police. A patrol car arrived shortly. Shortly thereafter an investigating officer from Dang Wangi Police Station who was handling the missing persons report lodged by one of Altantuya’s girl friends arrived. Balasubramaniam then informed Razak Baginda who was at home to inform him of the events taking place at his front gate. Razak then called one DSP Musa Safri who called him back informing him that Musa would be calling him on his handphone and that he was to pass the phone to the inspector from Dang Wangi Police station. Balasubramaniam then received the call from Musa Safri and duly passed the phone to the inspector. After the conversation of 3 – 4 minutes, the inspector told the girls to disperse and to see him the next day (Paragraphs 34 – 38). We believe DSP Musa Safri was aide-de-camp to Datuk Seri Najib at the material time.

6. Balasubramaniam was interrogated at Bukit Aman for seven consecutive days and his statement recorded at the end of November 2008. He says that he told the police all that he knew including everything Razak Baginda and Altantuya had told him about their relationships with Najib. These details were omitted from the statement he was asked to sign (Paragraph 49).

7. During the trial of Sirul, Azilah and Razak Baginda at at the Shah Alam High Court, the prosecutor did not ask him any questions in respect of the relationship Altantuya had with Datuk Seri Najib or of the phone call that he had received form DSP Musa Safri (Paragraph 50).

8. When Razak Baginda was arrested, Balasubramaniam was told by him that he had sent an SMS messsage to Najib the evening before (Paragraph 51). Razak also informed Balasubramaniam that he had received an SMS from Najib and showed it to him; the message read “I am seeing IGP at 11 A.M. today …. matter will be solved … be cool”.

Mr. Balasubramaniam’s evidence also mentions the extent of the relationship between Altantuya and Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak. We are not interested in the personal nature of the relationship. That is entirely his own business and hers.

However the allegations revealed by him raise key questions of public interest:

a) Suppression of evidence by the police investigating officers and those responsible for prosecuting this case. Such suppression could only have happened with the full knowledge of top public officials such as the IGP and the AG.

b) The question is also raised as to whether such suppression of evidence was the reason behind the last minute switch in DPP’s handling the case – where the head of the Criminal Division of the AG’s Chambers, Datuk Yusuf Zainal Abiden was completely sidelined from the case leading him and the senior DPP originally slotted for the case Sallehudin Saidin to put in papers for early retirement some months later.

c) Questions can be raised now with regard to the sudden switching of the judge fixed to hear the case which took place in March 2007 – why was this really done?

d) Did Datuk Seri Najib lie when he said that he had never met Altantuya before?

e) Did Datuk Seri Najib lie when he said that he was not involved in any commission deals for the purchases of the Scorpene submarines”

Mr.Balasubramaniam’s evidence vindicate what we have been saying all along; there has been no proper investigation of the murder of Altantuya and the investigation and proceedings in court seem to following a pre-arranged script for a pre-arranged outcome.

This has serious implications for the administration of justice in the country where the integrity and credibility of our key institutions such as the police, the AG’s chambers and the judiciary are already severely tarnished.

Today’s revelations further confirm a clear and consistent pattern of manipulation of the criminal justice system that we have witnessed in this country since 1998.

The allegations revealed here warrant a full Royal Commission of Inquiry.

ANWAR IBRAHIM

http://anwaribrahimblog.com/

suffiyan007
07-03-2008, 12:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
In 1998, Anwar want to challange Mahathir in order to be the Prime Minister, and he was accused to be a sodomite...

In 2008, Anwar want to form a government and be the Prime Minister in September, and again accused to be a sodomite...

Conclusion - if you want to challange the current Prime Minister, you'll be accused as a Sodomite.

Iya!..betul tu....i agreed.yeah,mahathir should be blamed...!

Amadeus85
07-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Thanx to North Malaysian we all have chance to become experts in malaysian politics. Thats very cool :)

James1992
07-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Yeah but he is malaysian though to be fair...

Maymunah
07-03-2008, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

When I read the title of the thread, I though you meant Anwar Al Awlaki, got shocked for a second!
lol me too,when I read the title I thought the thread was bout Anwar al-awlaki.

James1992
07-03-2008, 05:39 PM
A lot of countries have Kangaroo courts not just Malaysia...

Khayal
07-03-2008, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

:sl:

:giggling:

James1992
07-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Funny...

suffiyan007
07-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Yeah,betul North Malaysian, kerna Badawi mmg buat benda ngan melulu...
then Awnar has to standup for the right,as an ex-deputy pm...must claimed back his rights with the Barisan National has done to him.Actually Anwar was in the UMNO-Barisan national team, then he decide then he form parti keadilan....u know after the "Inflasi Sifar".... on 1997,economy jatuh...
1998 Mahathir said Anwar didnt take charge to solve the problem....that why he take charge on Anwar that accuse that Anwar "liwat" ngan personal asst. really dont understand.hee got wife and daughter....
even the parliament/parlimen....gathering people always fighting each other,bertindak suatu ngan melulu,terburu-buru...so SAD....:cry:

Nawal89
07-03-2008, 11:37 PM
This whole liwat case against anwar is so embarassing...How do i explain what "sodomy " is to a 4 year old..BN really needs to come up with something new.

north_malaysian
07-04-2008, 02:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
Thanx to North Malaysian we all have chance to become experts in malaysian politics. Thats very cool :)
yeah...welcome to a small and insignificant country with full of conspiracy theories....

north_malaysian
07-04-2008, 02:46 AM
Yeah,betul North Malaysian, kerna Badawi mmg buat benda ngan melulu...
then Awnar has to standup for the right,as an ex-deputy pm...must claimed back his rights with the Barisan National has done to him.Actually Anwar was in the UMNO-Barisan national team, then he decide then he form parti keadilan....u know after the "Inflasi Sifar".... on 1997,economy jatuh...
1998 Mahathir said Anwar didnt take charge to solve the problem....that why he take charge on Anwar that accuse that Anwar "liwat" ngan personal asst. really dont understand.hee got wife and daughter....
even the parliament/parlimen....gathering people always fighting each other,bertindak suatu ngan melulu,terburu-buru...so SAD....:cry:
Badawi and the gang love making promises and now I wonder what happened to the Economic Corridors etc.

Before election, he promised the Penangites monorails, 2nd bridge etc to boost Penang's economy....He said he allocated billions for the Penangites... Now, after the Penangite voted the oppositions to rule the state....where all the billions promised? He scrapped the monorail project and halted the Penang 2nd Bridge projects....

I rather listen to the wall than to promises made by those cabinet ministers.

north_malaysian
07-04-2008, 02:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
This whole liwat case against anwar is so embarassing...How do i explain what "sodomy " is to a 4 year old..BN really needs to come up with something new.
in 1998, the term "sodomy" is everywhere...on the front page of all daily newspapers..... and all parents have to explain to their kids that time about it...but of course the kids prefer to search the word in the internet..

No wonder that there are so many gays in our younger generation...

Muslim Knight
07-04-2008, 06:44 AM

Before election, he promised the Penangites monorails, 2nd bridge etc to boost Penang's economy....He said he allocated billions for the Penangites... Now, after the Penangite voted the oppositions to rule the state....where all the billions promised? He scrapped the monorail project and halted the Penang 2nd Bridge projects....

I rather listen to the wall than to promises made by those cabinet ministers.
Huhu bro north_malaysian is grumpy today because he will not get the chance of riding one of those monorails any time soon. LOL!!~

:D:D:D

Amadeus85
07-04-2008, 01:36 PM
yeah...welcome to a small and insignificant country with full of conspiracy theories....
Hi, I wouldnt say "small and insighnificant" as you are doing ery well in economics and your multiculturalism is quite impressive :0 :0 conspiracy theories you can find in other countries as well.You said that the new goverment can be in this autumn, so it means that political Islamists will e in central power there ?

suffiyan007
07-04-2008, 02:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim Knight
huhu Bro North_malaysian Is Grumpy Today Because He Will Not Get The Chance Of Riding One Of Those Monorails Any Time Soon. Lol!!~

:d:d:d

Aiyo! Betul Ker? U And Him R Friend..!

north_malaysian
07-06-2008, 04:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight
Huhu bro north_malaysian is grumpy today because he will not get the chance of riding one of those monorails any time soon. LOL!!~

Monorail! Monorail! Monorail!

BN - Buruk Siku...

north_malaysian
07-06-2008, 05:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight

BN - Buruk Siku ("Ugly Elbow")

north_malaysian
07-06-2008, 05:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
Hi, I wouldnt say "small and insighnificant" as you are doing ery well in economics and your multiculturalism is quite impressive :0 :0 conspiracy theories you can find in other countries as well.You said that the new goverment can be in this autumn, so it means that political Islamists will e in central power there ?
Pakatan Rakyat is a coalition of:

1) National Justice Party (PKR - Moderate, Reformist, Multiracial, Multireligious)

2) Pan Malaysian Islamic Party (PAS - Islamist)

3) Democratic Action Party (DAP - Socialist, Democratic, Multiracial)

Might be joining:

1) Malaysian Socialist Party (PSM - Socialist, Multiracial)

north_malaysian
07-09-2008, 01:50 AM
ANWAR STRIKES BACK WITH RELIGIOUS COMPLAINT

KUALA LUMPUR, July 9 - On the backfoot with calls to swear on the Quran to repudiate sodomy claims, Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim is going to complain to the Islamic authorities.

The opposition leader will make his way to the Federal Islamic Affairs Department next to the National Mosque today to lodge a report about the sexual misconduct allegations.

It falls short of swearing on the Quran as demanded by his male accuser and religious figures but will go some way to regain the upper hand as police quicken their investigations.

Police have thus far questioned 18 in their probe into the case classified as carnal intercourse against the order of nature and it is just a matter of time Anwar will be quizzed.

University dropout Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan lodged a report on June 28 that Anwar had sodomised him on eight separate occasions, the second such accusations Anwar is facing in a decade.

The first such claims in 1998 got him fired as deputy prime minister and finance minister and later six years in prison for corruption and sex convictions. The sodomy case was overturned on technical grounds which freed him in 2004.

He claims the fresh sodomy accusation is a political move meant to derail his political comeback, an opinion shared by many in Malaysia.

Source: http://www.malaysiainsider.com/index...ious-complaint

suffiyan007
07-09-2008, 12:41 PM
ya lah, sohai punya badawi...i heard of that penang monorail and second bridge...they pull back the promises....tiu tiu...! hahaha...harga minyak naik,beras naik dll.....i am so sad, i scared to buy food sometime...****!...eee! geram...u know why BAdawi sponsor the Sheikh mustaphar to the mars,,,,really numbskull why wanna waste money on the bloody expeditions,,,malaysia akan seksa kalau wang keluar dr negara,and jatuh ekonomi!

Keltoi
07-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Sounds like accusing someone of sodomy in Malaysia is so shocking that the accusation will stick regardless of whether it actually occurred or not. That happens alot in politics. In the U.S. calling a politician a "racist" is probably equivalent. Whether it is true or not there will be a million people who believe it.

north_malaysian
07-10-2008, 01:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Sounds like accusing someone of sodomy in Malaysia is so shocking that the accusation will stick regardless of whether it actually occurred or not. That happens alot in politics. In the U.S. calling a politician a "racist" is probably equivalent. Whether it is true or not there will be a million people who believe it.
there are many gays in Malaysia....how many were charged under sodomy charges?

and the weirdest thing is that the victim claimed that he was sodomized 8 times in different occasions...why he reported about sodomy after the 8th time? Does it means that he's ok and happy with previous 7 times?

Why he met the Deputy Prime Minister first before going to the police? So next time if you are sodomized by someone in Malaysia go and meet the Deputy Prime Minister first...so crazy.:exhausted

the "victim" made a police report that the last time he was sodomized on 26.06.08. He made the report on 28.06.08. Until now Anwar Ibrahim's lawyer could not get the report made by the "victim"...

It's a good move by Anwar for filing Qazf (false allegation of adultery)against "the victim" at the shariah court.

The victim must bring 4 just witnesses to proof that Anwar sodomized him, failing to do so he would be fined RM 5,000.00 or three years of imprisonment.

Muslim Knight
07-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Under Islamic Law, accusations of this magnitude that are not substantiated by four eye-witnesses of impeccable character (such as did not occur neither with these accusations nor with the previous ones) incur severe legal punishment only for the accusers themselves.

In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful
May Peace and Blessings be upon the Prophet Muhammad and his kin
“ … [M]ake peace between them justly, and act equitably. Lo! Allah loveth the equitable. / The believers are naught else than brothers. Therefore make peace between your brethren and observe your duty to Allah that perhaps ye may obtain mercy.” (The Holy Qur’an, Al-Hujurat, 49:9-10)
OPEN LETTER CONCERNING DATUK SERI DR. ANWAR IBRAHIM
Al-Salaamu ‘Alaikum wa Rahmatullah wa Barakatuhu,
We, the undersigned, believe the honorable brother Datuk Seri Dr. Anwar Ibrahim to be of the highest ethical and moral integrity, a devout Muslim and a devoted father and husband. He is universally recognized as an advocate for justice and fairness, and he has a long history of promoting Islam and championing Islamic ethical and charitable causes.
We are deeply concerned about the physical safety and freedom of our respected brother Datuk Seri Dr. Anwar Ibrahim. We are troubled by the unsubstantiated and clearly scurrilous claims made against him and his character. Allah says in the Holy Qur’an:
“O ye who believe! Shun much suspicion; for lo! some suspicion is a crime. And spy not, neither backbite one another. Would one of you love to eat the flesh of his dead brother? Ye abhor that (so abhor the other)! And keep your duty (to Allah). Lo! Allah is Relenting, Merciful.” (The Holy Qur’an, Al-Hujurat, 49:12)
Our beloved Malaysia is today one of the leading countries of the Muslim Ummah. It is an example of a successful modern Islamic country, and in many ways a model and example for other Muslim countries. This has been due to the Grace of Allah and then largely to the historical and invaluable efforts and contributions made by Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohammed and Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Badawi (among others). Every Muslim who knows anything about Malaysia is proud and appreciative of these efforts. Equally, every Muslim who knows Malaysian politics is appreciative of the formidable political courage in leadership exhibited by Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohammed during his time as Prime Minister of Malaysia and of the example of personal piety and forbearance that Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Badawi has given the Ummah today.

Indeed, perhaps precisely because of Malaysia’s prominence within the Ummah and the world, we would like to point out that the global Muslim community is paying close attention to the way our respected and honorable brother Dr. Anwar Ibrahim is treated. We have no wish to interfere in the internal politics of Malaysia, or in civil and criminal accusations within the country, which we reiterate are ultimately the business only of the Malaysian state and people. However, the spectacle, ten years ago, of our respected brother Datuk Seri Dr. Anwar Ibrahim sitting patiently in court after having been personally and illegally beaten up by then Police Chief of Malaysia is still fresh within our minds as a travesty of justice and impartiality under the law in a leading Muslim country. We are all still ashamed of that image, which will ever be indelibly engraved in our memories. So we remind our brothers in Malaysia that our beloved Prophet Muhammad (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said that justice is the very goal of government in Islam. And Allah Himself says in the Holy Qur’an:
Say: My Lord enjoineth justice …” (Al-A’raf, 7:29)
Thus we feel that we have a right — and indeed, an obligation under Islam — to strongly urge the Malaysian authorities to facilitate a swift, transparent and just resolution to this issue and resolutely ensure the safety, freedom and physical well-being of our honorable and respected brother Anwar Ibrahim. Allah says in the Holy Qur’an:
The Truth is from thy Lord (O Muhammad), so be not thou of those who waver.” (Al-Baqarah, 2:147)
Moreover, given the political implications of the timing of this latest incident; given the political undertones of the previous incidents of similar accusations made in 1998 — which led to the wrongful incarceration of Dr. Anwar Ibrahim for six years, and that have since been publicly refuted in the highest Malaysian court of law — and given the proven questionable nature of the authorities involved in the investigation, we feel morally obliged to also state our deep concern about the prospects of true justice for Anwar Ibrahim in the current authorities in the police and prosecution departments (whose leadership was personally involved in Dr. Anwar Ibrahim’s previous unjust accusations) without deliberate, careful, impartial and independent political oversight. Allah says in the Holy Qur’an:
Lo! Allah enjoineth justice and kindness, and giving to kinsfolk, and forbiddeth lewdness and abomination and wickedness. He exhorteth you in order that ye may take heed.” (Al-Nahl, 16:90)
Finally, we are morally obliged as Muslims to also point out that our religion and our beloved Prophet Muhammad (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) regard false accusations in these matters to be of extremely grave consequence. In fact, under Islamic Law, accusations of this magnitude that are not substantiated by four eye-witnesses of impeccable character (such as did not occur neither with these accusations nor with the previous ones) incur severe legal punishment only for the accusers themselves. Perhaps what is most insidious and disturbing, however, is the likely malevolent and slanderous intent behind these attacks on the moral character of our brother Dr. Anwar Ibrahim. Allah says in the Holy Qur’an:
“When ye welcomed it with your tongues, and uttered with your mouths that whereof ye had no knowledge, ye counted it a trifle. In the sight of Allah it is very great. / Wherefor, when ye heard it, said ye not: It is not for us to speak of this. Glory be to Thee (O Allah)! This is awful calumny. / Allah admonisheth you that ye repeat not the like thereof ever, if ye are (in truth) believers.” (The Holy Qur’an, Surat Al-Nur, 24:15-17)
However, we have complete trust in Allah and so remain hopeful that the highest political authorities in Malaysia will, in sha Allah, secure an honest and just outcome to this deeply troubling situation. Allah says in the Holy Qur’an:

• “Let there arise from you a band of people who invite to goodness, and enjoin right conduct and forbid wrong. Such are they who are successful.” (Aal-‘Imran, 3:104)

Wal-Salaamu ‘Alaikum wa Rahmatullah wa Barakatuhu.
Click here to endorse the open letter

Signed by (in Alphabetical Order of First Names):
Dr. Abubaker Al-Shingieti
President, American Muslims for Constructive Engagement (AMCE)
Prof. Dr. Akbar Ahmed
Ibn Khaldun Chair of Islamic Studies, American University, Washington DC; Former Pakistani High Commissioner to the UK
Shaykh Al-Habib Ali Zain Al-Abidin Al-Jifri
Founder and Director, Taba Institute, United Arab Emirates
Mr. M. Ali Lakhani
Founder and Editor of Sacred Web: A Journal of Tradition and Modernity, Canada
Dr. Anas Al-Shaikh-Ali
Chair, Association of Muslim Social Scientists UK
Academic Advisor, International Institute of Islamic Thought, London
Ms. Amina Rasul
Lead Convenor, Philippine Council for Islam and Democracy, Mandaluyong City, Philippines
Prof. Dr. Aref Ali Nayed
Muslim Scholar, Libya; Senior Advisor, Cambridge Interfaith Program, Faculty of Divinity, Cambridge University; Former Professor, Institute for Islamic Thought and Civilization (ISTAC), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Asst. Prof. Dr. Caner Dagli
College of the Holy Cross, Worcester MA, USA
H.E. Shaykh Prof. Dr. Mustafa Cerić
Grand Mufti and Head of Ulema of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Prof. Dr. Din Syamsuddin
President, Central Board of Muhammadiyah, Indonesia
Mr. Eboo Patel
Founder and Executive Director, Interfaith Youth Core, USA
Ms. Farah El-Sharif
President, Muslim Students Association, Georgetown University, USA
Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
Hanafi Scholar; Instructor, The Razi Institute, Canada
Dr. Faroque Khan
Chairman, Islamic Center of Long Island, NY, USA
Prof. Dr. H.R.H. Prince Ghazi bin Muhammad bin Talal
Chairman of the Board of the Royal Aal al-Bayt Institute for Islamic Thought, Jordan
Shaykh Salih bin Sultan Ghalib Al-Quaiti
Hadramaut, Yemen
Mr. Hasan (Charles) Le Gai Eaton
Writer on Islam, UK
Dr. Ibrahim Kalin
Director, SETA Foundation, Ankara, Turkey; Asst. Prof. Georgetown University, USA
Prof. Dr. Ingrid Mattson
President, The Islamic Society of North America (ISNA)
Dr. Jamal Barzinji
Vice-President, International Institute of Islamic Thought, USA
Dr. Jonathan Brown
Assistant Professor, University of Washington, USA
Dr. Marve Kavakci
The George Washington University, Washington DC, USA

Dr. Mohammad Fadel
Assistant Professor of Law, University of Toronto, Canada
Dr. Mohamed Bechari
President of the National Federation of Muslims of France (FNMF); Secretary-General of The Islamic European conference (EIC/CIE); Vice-President of the Foundation of Islamic Works of France (FOI); President-Rector de of the Avicenna Institute (IASH), France
Mohamed H. Marei
Founder and Director, Qasid Institute, Jordan
Hafiz Moez Masoud
Host of Al-Tariq Al-Sah television show, Cairo, Egypt
H.E. Amb. Dr. Murad Hofmann
Author and Muslim Intellectual, Germany
Mr. Musa Saket
Chairman of the Board, Al-Salam Audio Media (Hayat Fm), Jordan
Prof. Dr. Mustapha Cherif
Muslims Intellectual; Former Minister of Higher Education and Former Ambassador, Algeria
Prof. Dr. Muzammil H. Siddiqui
Islamic Scholar and Theologian; Chairman of the Fiqh Council of North America, USA
Dr. Nabil El-Sharif
Editor- in-Chief, Al-Dustour Daily Newspaper, Jordan
Mr. Nihad Awad
National Executive Director, Co-Founder
Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), USA
Shaykh Nuh Ha Mim Keller
Author and Educator, Jordan
Dr. Seyyed Reza Shah-Kazemi
Author and Muslim Scholar, UK
H.E. Prof. Dr. Rusmir Mahmutcehajic
Professor, Sarajevo University; President of the International Forum Bosnia; Former Vice President of the Government of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Dr. Sayyid Syeed
ISNA Secretary-General, USA
Mr. Sohail Nakhooda
Editor-in-Chief, Islamica Magazine
Prof. Dr. Sulayman S. Nyang
Howard University, USA
Dr. Tawfik Awji
Beirut Islamic University, Lebanon
Dr. Yusuf Islam
Composer and Philanthropist, Islamia Schools Trust, London, UK
Dr. Yousuf Zia Kavakci
Director Islamic Association of Northern Texas and Member Fiqh Council of North America.

SOURCE

suffiyan007
07-15-2008, 05:44 PM
there are many gays in Malaysia....how many were charged under sodomy charges?

and the weirdest thing is that the victim claimed that he was sodomized 8 times in different occasions...why he reported about sodomy after the 8th time? Does it means that he's ok and happy with previous 7 times?

Why he met the Deputy Prime Minister first before going to the police? So next time if you are sodomized by someone in Malaysia go and meet the Deputy Prime Minister first...so crazy.:exhausted

the "victim" made a police report that the last time he was sodomized on 26.06.08. He made the report on 28.06.08. Until now Anwar Ibrahim's lawyer could not get the report made by the "victim"...

It's a good move by Anwar for filing Qazf (false allegation of adultery)against "the victim" at the shariah court.

The victim must bring 4 just witnesses to proof that Anwar sodomized him, failing to do so he would be fined RM 5,000.00 or three years of imprisonment.

i pun x tau camna mau kata... people yang straight pun kata Gay...say go out with friend also gay!

north_malaysian
07-16-2008, 08:24 AM
Wednesday July 16, 2008 MYT 4:01:43 PM

Cops arrest Anwar (Update 8)

KUALA LUMPUR: Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim arrived at the city police headquarters here in a white Pajero at 1.15pm Wednesday after being arrested by the police.

He had been arrested in front of his house in Bukit Segambut.

His lawyer Sankara Nair said the police told Anwar that he was being arrested for investigations under Section 377C of the Penal Code for alleged "carnal intercourse against the order of nature."

On June 28, his 23-year-old former aide Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan had lodged a police report alleging that Anwar had sodomised him.

Asked if Anwar was handcuffed, Sankara said he was not.

Anwar started giving his statement to the police at about 2.50pm, said another of his lawyers R. Sivarasa, also the Subang Member of Parliament (MP).

Anwar's wife Datuk Seri Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail said he had called her from the police car to say he had been arrested.

"He asked me to go home to look after the children," she said when met in Parliament lobby earlier Wednesday.

Wan Azizah was at the city police headquarters by 1.30pm, followed 25 minutes later by daughter Nurul Izzah and her husband Raja Ahmad Shahrir.

"It's a feeling of deja vu with what happened 10 years ago," Wan Azizah said, adding that she was unhappy over how the arrest had been conducted.

"We'd already given our assurance that he would be at the police headquarters at 2pm," she said.

Police said they arrested Anwar an hour earlier before the 2pm deadline because they feared he would not show up.

Federal CID director Comm Datuk Bakri Zinin said Anwar was supposed to have gone directly to the Kuala Lumpur police headquarters immediately after giving his statement to the ACA in Putrajaya.

"However, we were informed that after he left the ACA headquarters in Putrajaya, he had changed his route and was heading back to his house in (Bukit) Segambut," he said.

"He was arrested as we had reason to believe he was not going to show up," he claimed.

"We wish to point out that Anwar had initially agreed to meet us on Monday but he failed to keep his appointment," Comm Bakri added.

PKR members and supporters have been gathering at the city police headquarters since the arrest was made known.

"I don't believe this is happening. We will seek to get him released as soon as possible," said DAP chairman Karpal Singh.

DAP adviser Lim Kit Siang described the arrest as "highly provocative and shocking."

Balik Pulau MP Yusmadi Yusuf, who was there as Anwar's lawyer, said the matter would be brought up in Parliament.

The police had on Tuesday given Anwar a 2pm deadline to answer allegations of sodomy.

Anwar was at the Anti-Corruption Agency (ACA) headquarters in Putrajaya at 10am Wednesday over reports he had lodged against the Inspector-General of Police (IGP) and the Attorney-General (A-G).

In his report lodged on July 1, Anwar had alleged that IGP Tan Sri Musa Hassan and A-G Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail had fabricated evidence in the “black eye” investigation in 1999.

Musa was the investigating officer and Abdul Gani led the prosecution in the case in which Anwar had been beaten up by the IGP then, Tan Sri Abdul Rahim Noor.

The two were questioned by the ACA on July 11.

Anwar left the ACA headquarters at 12.20pm.

He said the ACA had not completed its interview, but he had to cut it short to make his 2pm appointment with the police to answer questions over the sodomy allegation made against him.

"I have adduced all evidence to the ACA officers and I am satisfied with the line of questioning," he said, adding that everything he said had been recorded.

The interview was conducted by a few ACA officers, said Anwar, who arrived at the agency accompanied by lawyers Sankara, Sivarasa, Param Cumaraswamy and dozens of supporters.

"If I am arrested, I guess the ACA can do their follow-up interview at the lock-up," he joked.

Source: http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...744&sec=nation

suffiyan007
07-16-2008, 11:13 PM
nape diaorang masih charge anwar lagi yeah,kali kedua...yeah...! i felt so pity on anwar...cause discharged from the first trial and now the second trial...i pun dh fed up nape orang mau kacau anwar macam nak dia mati aja...! hurm...! i think anwar kena struggle kuat dan kukuh....!!!!!!....

suffiyan007
08-28-2008, 05:19 PM
hehe...Anwar dah menang dlm pilihan raya kecil di permatang pauh...huhu..menang BN..aahaha!

north_malaysian
08-29-2008, 01:41 AM
moral of the story: stop stupid propagandas on the media...

People would never buy it...

suffiyan007
08-29-2008, 01:51 PM
moral of the story: stop stupid propagandas on the media...

People would never buy it...
yaya...u r right..so how r u? north malaysian...hehe!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.